A couple of months later, Storm looked at the test, and nearly broke down in tears...

CW

"Oh, no!" Logan heard someone sob. He walked into their bedroom, to find Storm in the bathroom. He walked toward to the door, only to find it locked. "'Ro? Come on, darlin', open the door." Silence. "I'm not leaving until you do. I have all the time in the world." Click, the door was unlocked. Logan entered to find Storm huddled in the corner. She was sobbing. "'Ro?" he asked, kneeling down next to her. "'Ro, what's wrong?" He grasped her by the shoulders, and she tensed.

"Don't. Please, don't touch me."

"Come on, 'Ro, just talk to me, please."

Storm looked at him with tear filled eyes. "I...I'm-" she choked on her words, and looked away; it was clear to Logan that she was ashamed of something. Seeing the question in his eyes, she took his hand and placed it on her stomach. He felt the slightest shift, and he looked up in shock. Storm was pregnant. Question was, who's child was it?

Storm looked at him. "I'm sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's possible that it's my child."

"And it's possible that it's Sabretooth's," Storm countered bitterly.

"Storm," Logan said, forcing her to look at him. "Even if the child is Sabretooth's, I wouldn't care. I would love it no matter what. Now... if you had consented, that would be different."

Storm punched him, and he chuckled. "Don't even joke about that," Storm warned. She sighed.

Logan cupped her jaw- not missing the look of wariness she gave him- and looked deeply into her haunted eyes. "'Ro, I'll always love you no matter what. 'Til death do us part, remember?"

"Easy for you to say, you're practically immortal."

Logan gave her a mock-scowl. "Goddess sarcasm, I'm wounded." Suddenly, he felt an electric shock. "Ow!" he gasped.

"Now, your wounded."

CW

Storm shifted uncomfortably as Logan looked at her. Suddenly, he leaned forward and kissed her. At first her body wanted to reject it, but after a second, Storm gave in fully. She felt the love that Logan wanted to give her; was giving her. Logan reluctantly broke it. Noticing she didn't respond, she could see that he felt guilty. "I'm sorry," he said.

Suddenly, Storm returned the kiss. "Don't be," she said. "I missed it." They started kissing again, and then Logan helped her up, and forced her to retreat into the bedroom. It wasn't until she was on her back again, that she broke everything off. "Stop," she gasped, when he was on top of her, his hands going down her body. "Stop."

"What's wrong?" Logan asked, concerned.

"It's too soon," she said. She looked into Logan's eyes. "I'm sorry-"

"No," Logan cut her off. "It's alright. But it's a start. You haven't let me kiss you in forever."

Storm laughed a little, and then kissed him again.





You must login () to review.