Jean walked into the infirmary. All was quiet and peaceful. Storm was asleep with Zahra in her arms. Logan was next to her, his arm protectively wrapped around them. Now how am I supposed to grab her?

Use your telekinesis, Phoenix said.

What about Storm feeling it?

If she wakes up, tell her your just taking her to the nursery. Ever since you and Scott got married, you've had that thing set up. Now's a good a time as ever to use it.

Jean sighed, this was going to be tougher than she thought. Slowly, she lifted Zahra up out of Storm's arms. But, Logan woke up. Jean pretty much dropped Zahra, but it was only a few centimeters back into Storm's arms. Not enough to cause injury. "Jean?" Logan said as Storm stirred beside him. Thankfully, she didn't wake up. "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to take Zahra to the nursery. She'll stay there for the rest of the night."

Or in Sabretooth's claws.

"Shut up," Jean muttered.

"What?" Logan asked curiously.

"Nothing. I better take Zahra." She walked forward and gently took Zahra from her mother. Storm stirred again and muttered something in her sleep. "Be sure to tell her where Zahra is, okay?"

"Alright, Jean," Logan replied, stroking Storm's cheek lovingly. Jean got out of there before she gagged. Now all I have to do is contact Sabretooth, and everything will be- "Oof!" Jean exclaimed as she bumped into someone.

"Sorry, Jean," Hawk said.

Oh, boy, Jean thought. "It's okay, Hawk. It's really my fault."

Hawk looked to see Jean carrying a baby. "What are you doing with Zahra?"

"Taking her to the nursery," Jean replied.

"Isn't the nursery that way?" Hawk asked, pointing to the corridor to the left behind Jean.

"Oh, right," Jean said, annoyed that she ran into someone. "Thanks. Must've slipped my mind."

Hawk looked at her skeptically.

"Well, I better go," Jean said, taking Zahra to the nursery.

"Bye."

B

Hawk was suspicious. Ever since Jean came back from the dead, she had taken great care to avoid her as often as possible, without it seeming like she was avoiding her. People coming back from the dead after being killed because they were corrupted- or in Jean's case, possessed- did not sit well with her.

Isis, she called to the wolf.

Yes?

Keep an eye on Jean. Something's not right.

Not another episode of paranoia.

Isis, I'm serious, just do it.

Okay, okay.

B

Jean waited outside the nursery for Sabretooth to arrive. She had sensed Hawk's wolf watching, and easily knocked her out. Sabretooth better show up soon, Jean thought, or else this was just a waste of-

The doors opened, and Sabretooth stepped through. Jean let out a breath. "Where is she?" Sabretooth demanded.

"Right here," Jean said, picking up the baby from her crib, and handing her to the animal-like mutant.

Sabretooth smiled. Now, things will be perfect. Logan was all hers.





You must login () to review.