Storm awoke with a jolt. When she looked down, Zahra wasn't there. "Logan," Storm said anxiously as she shook his shoulder. Logan groaned a little, but didn't wake up. "Logan, please, wake up." After a couple more shakes, Logan finally woke up. He frowned when he saw Storm's anxious face.

"What's wrong, 'Ro?"

"Where's Zahra?"

"Jean took her to the nursery."

Storm relaxed. "Oh. Okay." She felt stupid for not realizing that. And, even though she felt reassured, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

B

Later that day, when Storm went to check on Zahra, she had an odd feeling that something was wrong. When she got there, Zahra wasn't there. Hawk came in a moment later. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Have you seen Zahra?"

"I thought Jean took her back here?"

"That's what Logan said, but she's not here."

Jean came in a moment later. "What's wrong?"

"Where's Zahra?"

"In the-" Jean came forward, then a look of shock came over her. "I know I put her down in here last night."

"Then where is she?"

Jean shrugged.

"You don't think..." Hawk trailed off, not wanting to finish her sentence.

Logan came in a moment later, stopping dead in his tracks. He inhaled deeply. Then growled. "What is it, Logan?" Storm asked.

"Sabretooth's been here." He looked at the empty crib, and almost let his anger loose. Storm on the other hand, broke down in tears. Hawk knelt down next to her, her eyes full of sympathy, with Logan rushing up to her.

Jean just walked out.





You must login () to review.