Over the next several days, things were different at the mansion. Storm would stay in her room all day, making Logan bring food to her, since she refused to leave her room. Hawk- having the talent with earth- tended to her plants, making sure they stayed nice and healthy until Storm came back. Everyone feared Storm was severely depressed- pining for her daughter showed that. The only person who could make her move was Logan, and that was only for Danger Room sessions, to make sure she got at least some form of excersise. She also didn't talk to anyone besides Logan. Not even the Professor, Jean, or Hawk when they tried to reach her through their telepathy.

Finally, one day, they got some information.

"Sabretooth is at a lab just a few miles off from here," the Professor was saying. "Probably the reason of how he managed to get away without using a vehicle."

"What does this lab look like?" Logan asked.

"It's on the surface, and it looks like a house to make it hidden in plain sight."

"Who's going?" Jean asked.

"Hawk, Colossus, Shadowcat, you, Rogue, Iceman, Jubilee, Dazzler, Logan, and Cyclops."

"Shouldn't we bring Storm along?" Logan asked. "This is also her daughter."

Professor X shook his head. "No. I don't want her to even to know about the assignment. She's upset enough as it is, and if your daughter has been harmed in some way, there's no telling what she could do."

Hawk got a guilty look on her face and laughed nervously. "Oops."

Everyone turned to her. "You didn't..." Cyclops began.

"She did," Both Logan and Jean said.

"Well, no one said I wasn't allowed to. This is her daughter we're talking about here. She had a right to know."

"Do you realize you could have just compromised the mission here?" Professor X scolded.

"Hey, it's her daughter, and besides, it's not like the three people who could calm her down and/or knock her out if neccessary won't be with her."

B

Logan finished putting on his boot. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. His objective, and only objective, was to get Zahra out of there. Everything else was nothing to him.

He heard the tap of high-heeled boots coming to him, and looked up to see Storm in her uniform.

"Take me with you," she said pleadingly.

Logan sighed. "I don't know, 'Ro. The Professor was pretty clear. And he does have a point when it comes to your emotions."

"Logan, if you think that I'm just going to stand by and wait here, your mistaken. I haven't let my emotions get the better since I let my claustrophobia get to me several years ago."

"Logan," Hawk called. "Let it go. Rule number one: Never come between a mother and her child. It's never pretty."

Storm gave Logan one of her triumphant looks. "Thank you, Hawk."

"No prob. So, are we going or what?"

"We're coming," Logan said.

Hawk left, and Logan turned back to Storm. "Just promise me you'll stay near me once we have her."

Storm's eyes softened. "Of course."

Storm stood on her tip-toes as she gave Logan a kiss. It was one of those rare moments of bliss they'd had since Zahra was kidnapped. And then- just like all those other times- it was interrupted. "Hey, smoochers!" Hawk called telepathically, causing them both to cringe. "Get over here before we leave without ya."

"I'm going to fry her if she keeps that up." Storm said.


"Not unless I get to her first."





You must login () to review.