After the jet landed, the kids got off the first, and then by the adults. Storm and Logan walked off hand-in-hand, Storm taking deep breaths to calm herself. Jean looked away before she could gag. Logan was standing behind Storm with his other arm wrapped around her, whispering something in her ear. It made Jean want to scream. She knew Phoenix was taking over again, but Jean was able to hold her back for awhile. "Something wrong, Jean?" Hawk asked behind her.

"No," Jean said shortly.

Hawk shrugged. "Okay. Let's go."

After they entered the lab, they saw experiments in tubes on walls, as if they were frozen. Storm tensed at the sight, but Logan soothed her, and she continued on with the rest of the group. When they reached the center of the room, Zahra was in a plastic tube of a sorts. "Zahra!" Storm cried, nearly surging forward.

"Storm, wait," Rogue said. "We don't know how to open that thing."

Logan moved forward to embrace her, and she gave in to it.

Hawk looked at the casket. "Shadowcat, get over here."

Understanding Hawk's gist, she walked over to the casket, and phased her hands through. She was about to grab the baby, when a voice stopped her. "I wouldn't do that."

They all looked up to see Nathanial Essex. "Sinister!" The kids exclaimed.

"Didn't we get rid of this guy?" Hawk asked.

"What do you want with Zahra?" Jean demanded.

"Like you don't know," a deep menacing voice said. He stepped out a moment later.

"Sabretooth," Storm whispered.

Logan pulled her closer to him, and shot a murderous glare at Sabretooth. "What are you talking about?"

"Maybe that Jean knew what was going to happen all along," Hawk muttered.

They all turned to her. "Jean?" Storm asked, stunned. "Is- is this true."

Jean couldn't take it any longer. "Of course it's true!" Phoenix said, her eyes going liquid black, and her skin paling until you could see the veins. "You took everything from me! It was like I didn't exist after Wolverine killed me! It was only fair that I take something of yours too."

Storm gasped in shock. Logan on the other hand was enraged. He suddenly lunged at Phoenix. "I trusted you with her!"

He was suddenly pulled off of her. "Cool it, Wolverine," Hawk said. "We don't need another scene from Alcatraz."

"Yes, have the little teenager tell you what to do."

Hawk's skin started to sparkle. "Keep it up, Phoenix, and it's going to be a Crystal Hawk vs Phoenix."

Surprisingly, Storm kept a leash on her emotions. Although, everyone could see that one wrong move could cause that leash to slip. "And here we are thinking that Storm was the one we needed to keep an eye on," Rogue said to the girls.

"This child," Sinister continued, and everyone turned back to him. "Is a beautiful specimen. I would love to see what her mutations are."

"You sold my child for experimentation!" Storm exclaimed. Everyone waited for the thunder, but none came. The kids looked at Hawk. She shrugged. Clearly, she knew that outburst was going to come, and decided to hold off the weather.

"Not sold. Just gave away."

Storm clenched her fist to keep herself at bay. It was clear that she was thinking about Zahra.

Wolverine turned to Sinister. Claws out. He got ready to attack, and was suddenly blown back by Sinister's telekinesis. All of them were blown back, except for Storm and Phoenix. Sabretooth lunged for Storm, and she shot him with a lightning bolt. She looked slightly calmer after that. Hawk created a shield around the others and herself, releasing the hold Sinister had on them. Then pushed out against the shield that hit Sinister, Sabretooth, and Phoenix. Storm turned to Wolverine. "Logan," she said rushing to him.

Sinister got up, and turned toward Hawk. "You again."

"You finally noticed? Wow. What a coincidence."

Not for long," Phoenix said.

She also pushed put with her telekinesis, which Hawk countered. The result was an explosion backwards, slamming both females into the walls. Phoenix was knocked out, while Hawk had a migraine.

Kitty grabbed Zahra. "Okay, let's go."

Hawk immediately sped up the healing process, and raced out with the others. Kitty passed Zahra over to Storm, and they were out of there.





You must login () to review.