isclaimer: Same as before, they belong to Marvel.
Title: Life’s Surprises prt4
Rating: A little bit of that and a little bit of this.
Authors’ notes: This is a continuation of prt3. Had to cut it into two in order to fit it all. Enjoy!


At first, going out had made her feel, uncomfortable, out dated and a bit like a hypocrite for allowing her friends to bully her into going when she had a desk full of briefs she had to go over. It was pressure from Jean, Elizabeth and a hit below the belt from Cece that had her finally agreeing.
“Do you really want to past another birthday snuggled up to Mr. Vibrate instead of getting the real thing?”
The bitch!
No, she did not want to spend another lonely birthday by herself but she also did not want to follow one of their crazy ass plans either. But it was her birthday and they were treating so why not? She deserved this after months of working her ass off at the firm. Its time to let her hair down and finally have some fun. Now all she had to do was remember how!
The moment they arrived at club Diva, Ororo knew she’d made a huge mistake. The loud, overcrowded room was not her idea of a ‘good time’. Nor was the sworm of eager to get laid men that surrounded them the moment they walked in. Actually it was rather humorous. Young, old enough to be their fathers, toothless, bald, nappy headed, black, white, yellow, tattooed, they all came with their corny lines in hopes of entrapping a ‘hot babe’. And from the way Jean, Lizzy and Cecelia were flirting, they might just get lucky. The only good thing was that they took one look at her and proceeded to completely ignore her. A pretty face just didn’t cut it with these guys. They wanted the hot body too. And that was fine by her. She should have stayed in her cozy apartment with a glass of red wine and that new Jeffery Deaver thriller, she’d promise to read for the last four months.
But nooooooooo!
Here she was watching a bunch of barely out of college kids and wanna be sugar daddies making the moves on her girlfriends. She moved away from the adoration session and looked towards the dance floor. Ororo gaped at the grinding and bumping that looked a lot like an orgy then dancing. Didn’t these people realize they were out in public! The sensual pulse of music wasn’t helping, it pounded in her brain and making her heart beat race! She glared at her friends. They weren’t paying her attention, instead she watched, as Cece and Lizzy were being lead of to the ‘orgy pit’. Jean turned down a gorgeous, tall blonde who looked more like an angel then a living breathing man.
“Girl are you crazy? Why’d you turn him down? He was the best of the bunch.”
“Warren? He is nice looking but I came here to celebrate with my best friends and that’s what we’re going to do.” Jean linked arms with her and walked them towards the door. Ororo looked at her friend as if she had lost her mind, then it hit her. Jean was playing hard to get! She could see it in the seductive twirl of her hips as they walked and the sly looks she kept sending over blonde’s table.
Boy was he paying attention! His eyes were glued to them. Then Jean reeled out the final hook. When they reached the bar, and sat down, she allowed her form fitting red dress to hike up to her thighs, giving a tantalizing view of long legs. Then she flipped her long hair over her shoulders so it could fall down to her waist in a silken curtain. The flashing lights above made it glow vibrantly as if it had a life of it own.
Damned she was good. After that blonde didn’t stand a chance.
Two guys who had also been transfixed with her performance practically fell over themselves to buy them drinks. Then stood drooling at Jean.
Morons! Couldn’t they tell they didn’t stand a chance? That she was way out of their league. Jean liked being chased more then actually being caught. By the time they got around to ask her to dance she had already dismissed them.
They sat tapping there feets to the pulsing beat of Cher’s remix “Do you believe” and four the fourth time in less then fifteen minutes Jean turned another salivating hopeful down. Ororo knew she was waiting for something or someone and didn’t have to wait long. Blonde was making his way to them.
“You did it, his making his way across the room.” Ororo giggled. Jean pretended she did not know what Ro was talking about.
“Please girl, I’ve known you to long not to know the little mind games you use on men. So go dance. I’ll be fine.”
“Nope. I don’t feel like dancing.”
“And I look like Halle Berry! Girl get your bony ass on that dance floor before someone else takes your man.”
“You sure, Ro. This is suppose to be your night.” worry marred her green eyes.
“Go! His almost reached us.”
“Promise me you’ll dance too.” Ororo laughed to hid the pain of her friends’ words.
“If someone asks, then I promise to dance. If not I’ll just seat here and enjoy my drink and watch you guys.”
Jean hesitated for a brief moment staring into Ro’s eyes as if reading her thoughts, and then turning in time to past a seductive smile for Warren as she took his hand and followed him to the throng of dancers.
Ororo signed. So much for a fun birthday with her girls.
For almost an hour Ororo watched Cece and Lizzy dance with various partners while Jean continued to spin her web around Blonde. She was on her fifth drink and wanted to leave. The pulsing had turned into a flaming headache and her stool had turned into an obstacle of torture on her backside. But as much as she wanted to, she could not leave. Elizabeth had driven and had the car keys. Ororo had lost track of her sometime before the third drink. Besides she could not ruin it for them. They were having fun and it was not their fault no one thought her attractive enough to dance with. That thought had barely fleeted through her mind when a strong odor masked by cheap cologne invaded her nostrils before an 80’s reject sauntered up to her.
“Look it here, Look it here! You are one fineeeee looking double helping of chocolate love!” Ororo almost choked on her drink.
Oh God, please no!
She slowly sat her drink down and glanced down working her way up from the dirty sneakers, purple bell bottom pants, tight striped shirt kept opened to reveal a scrawny chest covered with fake gold chains. She paused a second to adjust her sight to the blinding rows of gold teeth, to the dripping curls and feverishly sent a prayer it would disappear.
“Why don’t you, me roll up outta hear, find us an all night KFC, take it back to my place and I let you smother me with your lush curves!” he rolled his eyes up and down her body and licked his fleshy lips with a smack.
She stared at him with disbelief and open disgust. Was this jerk for real? God he was making her skin crawl! And what was worst the fool had taken away the nice little buzz she had going.
“As appealing as that sounded, I think I’ll pass.” Her voiced dripping with sarcasms and burning acid.
Damn! Greasy needed to leave her alone.
“Come on baby, we both know you want this! Stop playing games and lets go.” He reached a hand out to try to grab her wrist, but she pulled away in time. She glared at him as if sparks of lightening were coming out of her eyes to fry his funky ass!
“I’m trying to be really nice here but you’re making it very hard. For the last time, I’M NOT INTERESTED!” she grounded out. Not caring if anyone heard her.
‘Greasy’ realized they were creating a scene and turned angry eyes on her. “Fuck you then! Your fat ass aint all that and what’s more I was only being charitable!” Ororo swallowed hard. Several heads openly listening began snickering at what ‘Greasy’ said
“Now you’ll have to beg me for some of this!”
“I’m pretty sure bub, I heard the lady say she was not interested.”
Ororo twirled around and wished the floor would open up and swallow her. Of all the people to see her moment of humiliation he was the last person she wanted. Logan Xavier, her colleague, boy extraordinaire and world glass charmer stood just a few feet from them. Dressed in one of his customary, expensive Italian suites, his six feet frame stood posed for an attack. The barely concealed muscles, broad shoulders, wide expanse of a chest and narrow waist flexed with intermediation. She glanced through her long lashes at his ruggedly handsome face, cold brown eyes and harden lines of his lips and shuddered. At that moment he looked like a feral, wild and dangerous beast. Almost like a, a…Wolverine!
What in the hell was she smoking! A wolverine? Girl you’ve had one to many ‘sex on the beaches’! Logan looked more like Tarzan gone ape with that unruly mess of black hair he had tried to tame. Dispite that or because of it, Logan was an exciting, good-looking man.
It did not escape; Ororo’s notice the sly once over he was getting from many of the women suddenly riveted to their situation. It never failed. The man charmed them even when he wasn’t even trying! It had to be that abundant supply of raw sex appeal he eluded. But as far as she was concerned, he was too arrogant and sure of himself. A man used to getting his own way.
“This aint none of your business partna.”
Logan ignored him. “Is this man bothering you, Ororo?” he questioned, never taking his eyes off Greasy. Ororo focus on the problem still clogging her air passages.
“No, he was just leaving”
Greasy turned scornful eyes on her and sneered. “Don’t worry bitch before this nights over, you’ll be begging me to take you home!”
Logan sprang forward, wrapped his hands around Greasy’s neck and squeezed enough to make the other mans eyes bulge out. “Apologize to the lady before I ring the life out of you.” He said menacingly. Beads of sweat popped from the other mans head. Or was it more of the jerri curl grease? Fear, warred with anger darkened his eyes.
“Sorry!” he gasped.
“Now get out of here and don’t let me see you back here again.” Logan released his hold and pushed him away. Greasy stumbled back then pushed his way through the small crowd that had gathered and disappeared.
“I could have handled that.”
Logan reached in his breast pocket for a pristine white handkerchief and wiped drops of grease from his hand. “A simple thank you would be fine.”
“For what, acting like a cave man?”
“How about for getting you out of a unpleasant situation?”
“One I was handling perfecting fine before you showed up.” He sent a skeptical glance her way and they both started to laugh.
“Okay, maybe you did help me, a little but I would have handled him with this.” She held up a stun gun that had been concealed in her purse. Logan grinned.
“You mean I saved that jerk from a lesson he would have never forgotten?” he asked, voiced playfully aggrieved.
“That’s right. Me and the goddess here are never far apart.”
“You call your stun gun Goddess? Why should that surprise me! You know there’s an easier way to keep guys like that away.” She stared up at him as he leaned next to her. All traces of his earlier anger and teasing gone.
“Yeah, how?”
“By dancing with me” was it her imagination or did his voice sounded husky and that glint in his eyes. No way! This was Logan Xavier, man who could have any woman he wanted.
“Why Mr. Xavier are you asking me to dance?” she teased. He stared deep into her eyes and brushed a hand down the side of her face and across her lips.
“And anything else we can think of.” He growled. Blood, burning with heat rose to her cheeks and spread all over her body. Desire, hot and fierce knotted her gut and pulse wildly at the juncture between her legs. Everything suddenly seemed to dim and fade until all she saw was him, her and the growing need to……
What the hell! She’d lost her damn mind. It was the drinks, she wasn’t used to drinking so much, cause now her hearing was failing and she was hearing things. Logan wouldn’t give her a second look.
“Ororo.” He whispered all to seductively close to her ear. Way to close. He pulled her to her feet and guided their way to the dance floor. The moment she stepped into his arms, Ororo had the strangest feeling that she was finally where she belonged. Panic stiffened her and made her step on his leather shoes several times.
“Sorry.” She mumbled.
“Ororo relax, I don’t bite.”
“I bet you say that to all the girls” she tried to tease. Logan laughed.
“No, just the beautiful ones.” Ororo felt herself blush. Was he flirting with her? Get a grip Ororo, of course not. Logan was notorious for his ability to put a person at ease. Yes, that’s it he was trying to get her to relax.
“I didn’t peg you for the club scene, Ro?”
“I am not. A couple of friends convinced me to come to celebrate my turning the big 3-0.”
Logan leaned back to look into her face “Why didn’t you say something this morning at the office?”
Because for five years, no one in the office had bothered to find out. And she damned sure was not going to tell them.
“Because I don’t usually celebrate it. It’s just another day to me.”
He raised dark brows. “Spoken like a true lawyer, focused only on the next case and nothing else,”
“No” Ororo said quickly. “I just prefer to keep my personal life and my professional life separate.”
Logan did not look convinced. “I can understand that, but when do you let your hair down.”
“I, I……lots of times” she stammered defensively.
“Really? Name once.” She remained quiet for several seconds before shrugging her shoulders.
“Ok, Maybe I don’t lead a life filled with constant parties and globe trotting around the world but I love doing what I do. Being a lawyer has always been what I wanted nothing else matters.”
“Unlike my life?” he smirked.
“You said it, I didn’t.” there eyes locked and her pulse started beating erratically again. How had she missed how intense his eyes were? And the sexy way his lips curled when he smiled.
“Wooow! Down girl.
“Ororo?” his eye filled with a question. Then she realized they had stopped dancing. She felt her face blush. Thank god for dark lightening! Logan laughed softly as he grasped her elbow and led her back to her seat.
“What’s so funny?” she asked defensively, certain he was laughing at her.
“We’ve worked together, argued cases together and apart from myself you are one of the best lawyers at the firm.” He boasted arrogantly. “But until this very moment, I can not say I’ve ever seen you blush before. It suits you.” Ororo felt as if she were drowning in the brown abyss of his eyes.
“Thanks. I think.” She forced herself to look away and spotted her left over drink. Reaching for it she gulped it down in one swallow.
“Can I get you another?”
“No thanks I think I’ve reached my limit.” His lips quirked at the double meaning behind her words.
“Logan! Hon I’ve been searching all over for you!” they both turned to the brunette wiggling her way to them in a tight green dress. A streak of white dangled in a long curl against her cheek and her pouting lips turned up into a sultry smile for his benefit. She turned calculating cat eyes on Ororo and quickly dismissed her as no competition. She grabbed hold of Logan’s arm possessively.
Fuck, he’d forgotten about his buxom date! He looked at the stunning model and remembered her enjoyable and convincing tactics she had used to convince him to come there tonight. So he owed her. But there was no way in hell he was going to miss this chance with Ororo. Before they were interrupted he was certain she was feeling the attraction between them. He quickly excused himself and propelled her far enough away not to be over heard by Ororo.
“Rogue, I’m sorry darling but I have to cancel. Something’s come up.” Rogue narrowed her eyes at him. An hour ago he had been very receptive to her and now he was brushing her off like she was some tramp. Not in this lifetime, Logan. She had put in to much time into him to see it go to waste without anything in return.
“What you mean, sugah? We were planning such a wonderful evening together. Let me remind you.” She reached up and tried to circle her arms around his head. But Logan sidestepped her. He glanced towards Ororo, and let out a sign of relief when he noticed she wasn’t paying attention to then. Instead she had her head leaning against the bar.
“ I know we made plans, Rogue but that was before. Now here’s enough money for a cab. I have to go.” He shoved a wade of crumbled bills into her red nailed talons and walked back to Ororo. He should have felt like a cad but he didn’t all that mattered was to spend more time with Ororo while her defenses were finally down.
“Ororo?” he tapped her on the shoulder but got no response. He said her name again and almost took a step back at the glass look in her eyes when she finally raised her head. What the fuck!
“Logan? It is you! How nice to see you again.” She leaned against him and passed out. He held her unconscious form in his arm and tried to wake her but nothing happened. He checked her pulse and curse at its erratic beating. She was heavy but her weight did not bother him. He was too worried. He didn’t like this at all he needed to get her out of here. Quickly he searched for his cell phone and started dialing.
“What are you doing?”
Logan stared up at the three glowing women and slammed his cell phone closed. Ororo’s friends, he remembered them accompanying her to some of the firms Christmas parties.
“Help me get her out of here! Some jerk slipped something in her drink.” He barked.
“What! Let me check her out.” Cece pushed by them and checked Ro’s vitals.
“You a doctor.”
“What gave it away, Boyscott? Cece asked sarcastically while pulling a stetescope from her purse. “Never leave home without it.”
“I knew I should have never left her.” moan Jean turning hysterical.
“Calm down, Red. She doesn’t need you loosing it.” he said his voice filled with authority.
Cece signed. “I think she’s going to be fine. Just need to sleep whatever it was off.”
Relief softened Logan’s grim features “I’m taking her home.”
“Ok but we’re coming with you.” Lizzy’s face was scrunch up with worry.
“Just help me get her to my car.” He ordered.
Between the four of them, it didn’t take them long to get her out of the club, it was getting her into his low, bucket seat Lamborghini that was the problem.
“Let’s get her in my car.” Lizzy ordered. When Ro’ was stowed in the front seat of the black BMW Logan demanded the keys.
“And how we suppose to get home.” Jean questioned.
“Take my car.” He barked. Jean was about to argue when Cece stilled her with a pinch.
“Hey that hurt!”
“The man said to take his two hundred thousand dollar sports car home with us! Now shut up and let’s go!” the glimmer of mischief flashed through Cece’s eyes before the dragged Jean behind her. They raced away before Logan came to his senses. He didn’t care what they did with that car. All he cared about was making sure the woman beside him was alright. He pulled away from the curb just as she moaned then dropped her head in his lap. He jammed his foot on the brakes and took deep breaths. When he was calmed enough to move he lifted her off only to have her return to the same position. Erotic images raced through his mind and he tried to push them aside. Aint gonna happen bub!
She aint herself.
Keep saying that to yourself and you might survive this. Then she started moving her head and it was all he could do to stop from exploding right there in the darken street of New York.

Five hours later Logan was escorting a well-paid Judge from her apartment. It paid to have money and influence! Within two hours, a few phone calls, he had gotten a marriage license, a ring and gotten married to the woman he wanted. So what she wasn’t fully aware of agreeing to be his wife! He was certain once she got over the initial shock, she would accept the situation. Now all he had to do was survive her groping hands through the night and be able to explain his under handed means to her. Piece of cake!
And it would have been if he had not found his new, wife totally naked and reaching for him. Even the strongest man couldn’t have walked away from that. Damned if he was gonna let the little fact that she was drugged get in the way. She was his wife! The feral smile on his face before he allowed her to pull him not over her was anything but remorseful!





You must login () to review.