Title: Life’s Surprises prt8
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Marvel. Just using them for fun.
Author’s Notes: To fit with the way the story is going some of you will remember this chapter with its changes….hope you all enjoy it the second time around!!!!!
Dedication: Dedicated too all you guys who enjoy this story.




“Ororo?” Logan called out after knocking on the door for several seconds without any response. Worry forced him to push the door open and enter
“Ro?” he called out again. Still no answer. Logan fought the sneaking feeling of panic in his gut. He briefly glanced towards the neatly made bed and headed for the closed bathroom door. He listened for any signs of movement on the other side and heard none. Still he eased the door open and confirmed the room was empty.
Dammit, where was she? He reached for the phone on her nightstand and paused. He realized he didn’t have any of her friends numbers or even her cell phone….hell did she even have a cell phone? He was about to set the phone back in its cradle when he spied a black notebook lying on her pillow. He reached for it hopping it was an address book. Logan opened to the first page and realized it was not an address book but a diary. Everything in him told him he should close it and set it back down but the bold underline words at the top of the page kept him from doing so.

Reasons to kick her unwanted, unneeded, husband’s ass out of her life!

#1. He tricked her into marriage.
Yeah, he came out and admitted it but after putting all the pieces of that night together two and two kept coming up six. Things just did not add up! Sides, she wasn’t so stupid to believe one minute she had to be practically carried from a club then willingly accept a hasty proposal, and be able to say the ‘I dos’! And how the hell does a man get the meanest judge in New York City to wake up in the early hours of the morning and perform a wedding with a bride that could barely stand! There’s some illegal shit involved!
#2. His cocky, bulldozer attitude. Thinks he can come in and run her life. Telling her what to feel. Who to want. What she needs!!!! Fuck no! Just because he can wear out a pair of jeans with his tight……..(regressing, girl) anyhow, there was no way in hell she was going to just lay down like a door mat and take it!
#3. Rugged good looks and sexy, tight body. Let’s face it girl, the man dates super models. When he wasn’t parading around with pampered ‘I’ve always had people kissing my ass’ rich girls. He needed to be brought down a peg or two and she was just the woman to do it! He was not the only one that could have his way!
#4. Bishop. (Would have been #1 on the list if that trifling Negro had showed up for their date Thursday night) She was getting sick and tired of waiting for him to take what they had seriously. Even if most of the time it felt more like he was using her as a pit stop any time he had an itch to scratch! Maybe she should go see him and wave that ten-carat ring Logan managed to put on her finger under Bishops nose. Give him something to think about. (One thing she can say for Logan, man knew how to do things with style! Even if he was conniving at some things.)

#5. I work with Mr. All American. Bad enough she has not been able to look any of her colleagues in the eye for the last four weeks. What could she say… “Uuh, a few months ago she went home on a Friday night single and alone but by Monday morning she had a rock the size of a quarter on her ring finger, the bosses son in her bed and a coochie that was happier then it’s been in a long time! They’ll laugh her right outta the building.
#6. She was just stupid enough to buy his bull and fall in love with him. She’d had to be crazy or blind not to notice how charming he was. Even pissed off, with her ‘don’t fuck with me look on her face’ he always manages to push her to talk and he really listens. He makes her laugh. Not an easy thing considering she did not really like him. And how the hell had that change in just a few weeks! One minute she had kicked him out of the apartment and now he was her live in nurse!! His lucky she was too weak not to call the cops! But she was sure he would have talked his way out of getting arrested! Damn him!
Him always doing things for her didn’t help either. Like having her bathroom glowing with candles, a warm jasmine scented bubble bath, and glass of wine waiting when he made it home before she did. Or the way he’d have a vase full of her favorite flowers sent daily to her office. Damned place was beginning to look like a funeral parlor! If he wanted to spend all his money on her, she could not stop him but she was not falling for his played out Casanova routine! No matter how romantic and sweet……..lets move on
#7. He needs to be house trained!!!!!! She was sick and tired of falling into the toilet every time he forgot to put the seat down! What is so hard? You lift, whip it out, piss, put the damn seat down and then flush. Any two year old can do it! And another thing the man absolutely refuses to put the cap back on the toothpaste! Nothing worst then dried up or bacteria infected toothpaste!!!!!
#8. Bitch to have around when trying to consider going on a diet!!!!!!! Not like she would starve if she passed on a meal or two!!!



Logan stopped reading and distractedly nibbled on the cap of her pen. He didn’t know if he should be happy or pissed off. His mind wondered over the last two weeks since he’d moved himself into Ro’s apartment. He frowned. He’d thought they’d made in road, guess not. If this ‘list’ was anything to go by, she still did not want anything to do with him. Even though she had feelings for him. Damn! Now what? He was never a man to give up on something he wanted but could he continue to force something that was obviously making Ororo unhappy? Maybe his mother was right, he had to give her space. He ran a frustrated hand through his hair. Yeah, but how much space and for how long? Damn if he knew. Any other woman he’d have walked away a long time ago but that was just the point…..Ro wasn’t just any other woman. He flipped the note pad to a new page and started reading again.


Reasons to stay married
#1. He chose her (the ands why’s are still debatable)
#2. They are compatible (to a point) At work they were an untouchable team that no one had been able to beat….so far. The sex……..she’ll have to be awake and very alert to see. Considering the way her pulse and heart beat seems to accelerate now when he was around, that shouldn’t be a problem.
#3. Sex Appeal She aint gonna lie……man had it, lots and lots of it! That brought up her next question…..could he be faithful?
#4. Turned down available piece when thrown in his face! Damn if he didn’t give those trifling heifers posing as her friends a second look. God knows they had been throwing it in his face. (That should be number one!) If Bishop could do that…….hell, they would be married by now.
#5. His Blind. Had to be not to notice all her extra packaging! How long would that last? What with all those skinny heifers out there wanting a piece???
#6. That crooked smile. Need I say more. Yeah, where’s the bedroom! (ya sick girl)
#7. Looks good in a towel. Nearly gave her a heart attack that morning she ‘accidentally’ saw him coming out of the bathroom, glistening with one of her guest towels knotted low on his lean hips. Hair sprinkled chest begging to be played with, and still wet head angled in that certain way……. Gave her palpitations just thinking about it! She could have sworn those towels were bigger in the store. And was that the start of a tent growing in that certain region she was not gonna think about??????
#8. Smelled real good. And she didn’t mean with any of that expensive stuff he wore. Nope, right before he put it on she’d had a chance to get a whiff of that natural, out doorsy scent of the wilderness. It was earthy, wild, and so masculine. Shoot, he should bottle it and make a load of money. Call it…….’Essence of a real man’
#9. Cooks like a chef and makes that butt ugly apron look good. But if she keeps eating all those mouth-watering dishes he wipes out; she’ll add another 50 pounds by Christmas. Which was only a month and a half away!
#10. Actually had some old fashion manners. The kind mama used to tell her about when she would talk about dad and their courtship. Opening doors for me, pulling out my chair, anticipating her needs before she did and especially not eating the last piece of chocolate cake before she got a couple bites. Now that’s definitely her idea of an ‘old school gentleman’!
#11. But the best thing about Logan…..he saw her. Not her weight, insecurities, fears but her. The woman hiding behind the career, attitude. Sure she tried to fight it but every time she looked into his eyes she knew she could not hide from him. Maybe that’s why she was fighting so hard ….she was too afraid of losing herself in him…..and one day waking up to find it all having been a dream.

#12. Good kisser?


A wolfish grin spread across Logan’s lips when he finished reading the last part of her list. No doubt about it…She did have feelings for him! But she was still fighting them and now he knew it wasn’t because of him but because of herself. Now that he knew for certain he had not destroyed all his chances with her, he had a plan……….





You must login () to review.