Title: Life’s Surprises prt9
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Marvel. Just using them for fun.
Author’s Notes: I though long and hard about this chapter….and came up with the idea that if Logan in a UV realm wanted to give Ororo a gifted this would be it…After all, they are both elementals…hope you all like
Dedication: Dedicated too all you guys who enjoy this story.




“Ouch!” Ororo cried out. “ Is this really necessary?” she asked for the third time in less then twenty seconds as the stylish pulled of the second wax strip from her eyebrows.
“Hell Yes!!!” Cece said from her perch across the pink and white room. “I wasn’t going to say anything but that unni brow you were starting wasn’t kicking it!”
“Yeah Ro suck it up. You need this. We refuse to have you keep humiliating yourself and embarrassing us with that cha pet you got going across your upper lip!”
Ororo glared at her. “I would not talk with the amount of fungus he just scrapped off your toes, Elizabeth”
“They both have a point, Chere!”
“You too, Remy!”
“Je suis votre ami, Stormy and as your friend I will always tell you the truth. No matter how much it hurts.”
“Well you all can kiss my…”
“Not our fault the truth hurts.” Cece said raising a steaming cup of coffee to her lips.
“Aren’t you supposed to be spending time with your husband?” Ororo asked her full of sarcasm.
“And miss this! Hell no. I told Hank we had an emergency situation with you and I’ll meet him later.”
“Gee thanks.”
“It’s not every day you turn yourself over to us. So we’re taking as much advantage as possible.”
“I only agreed to a facial and manicure. Not the torture chamber! And if a man is not interested in me just the way I am then I don’t want him.” she grumbled.
“We know ‘the man” wants you. Hell, after you put on that black dress and those ‘come fuck me’ pumps we picked out he’d be a fool not too. No reason we can’t make him appreciate what his getting a bit more.”
Remy crossed his arms across his chest and grinned at her. “Keeps him coming back for more.”
Ororo cut her eyes at him and watched with a grimace as the technician begin stirring the honey mixture then applied some over her upper lip.
“Ready?” the tech, Jasmine asked.
“ Do I have a choice…..Ouch!” she hollered when Jasmine suddenly yanked the strip off. “I wasn’t ready!”
“All this fuse and we haven’t even gotten to the bikini wax yet.” Cece mused loud enough for the whole room to hear.
Ororo shot them all a daggered glare as she quickly crossed her legs. “No way!”
“Hell yes! Especially if you want him to licky, licky your coochie woochie!”
“Cece you need to stop.” Jean admonished with laughter in her eyes. She reached out a comforting hand to Ororo. “She’s just joking. It doesn’t hurt that much.”
“Believe that fairy tale if you want to but if I were you I’ll get ready to sing hola luyah on a high note!”
Ororo turned hopeful eyes to Remy. “Couldn’t I just stick to trimming?”
“No.” Cece answered before the handsome Cajun could. “Cause no man wants to fight through no jungle to come out with a teeth full of hair!”
“As crass as our friend here is she is right.” Lizzy said
“Crass? I’m keeping it real for sista girl.”
“Sure you are” Lizzy answered skeptically before taking a sip from her glass of white wine. “As amusing as this has been I’m off to get a massage.”
They watched as she headed to the back and disappear behind a pink curtain.
“That girl has been drinking way too much lightly. I think I need to have a little chat with ‘Miss thing’ on how she’d fucking up that stuck up body of hers.”
Cece got up and followed after the Asian beauty.
“Rem go mediate before we get kicked out of here.” Ororo pleaded urgently.
“Sur ma façon.”
After he left, Jean went over to seat next to Ororo.
“Do you agree with Cece? Has Lizzy been drinking too much.”
“Maybe a little more then usual.”
“Really? I’ve been so rapped up with work and Logan I haven’t had time for anything else.”
“We know but it’s okay. Sometimes we all need time apart but we know when it matters we can count on each other.”
“Always.”
“His wearing you down, isn’t he?”
“Who?” she pretended. A red brow rose up on the red heads face.
Ororo heaved a heavy sign. “Yes. I want him, Jeanie”
“So. What’s stopping you?”
She shrugged. “I don’t know…no that’s not true. I’m scared. You know my track recorded with men and you know how this got started. Logan is like this giant bulldozer that focuses on a target and roll over anything it’s way until he gets bored.”
“And you’re afraid he’ll do that to you?”
“The man has tried every trick in the book to manipulate me into a relationship!”
Jean nodded “Yes he has. But is that the real reason you are afraid or is it because you think he’ll turn out like Bishop and that other jerk you dated.”
“His name was Forge.”
“That’s it. Wasn’t he a mechanic or something?”
“You need to stop. You know exactly what he did.” Jean laughed at the scornfully way Ororo glared at her. “Any….Can you blame me? They were both just as overbearing as Logan. is”
“Perhaps in some ways. Let me ask you this, Ro. Would either of them have taken care of you the way Logan has? Protected you the way he has?”
Ororo contemplated her friends’ questions. “No.” she finally answered. “I guess what I’m really afraid of is that I won’t measure up. I won’t be what he wants in a week, month or even a year from now.”
“So you deny yourself and him.”
“No….I mean..”
Jean interrupted her. “Yes Ro. That’s exactly what you are doing. It’s not a question of love because we both know that you love him. And I’ve seen the sparks when you two are together. Hell, I think half of New York has! Not to mention the way you look at each other when you think the other is not looking. The bottom line is this…He loves you and you love him. And god knows he must to put up with all your hang-ups!.”
She sucked her teeth. “Whatever.”
They both laugh. “Seriously, Ro finding someone is hard enough these days but to find someone that is the other part of you is a miracle. Don’t throw that away on what if’s. Let him love you.”
Eyes glistening with tears, the two stared at each other. Both oblivious to the nosy ears of the other women in the salon.
“All this might be for nothing anyway.”
“Why?”
“He hasn’t met my family yet.” They both started to laugh.
“You have a point. My moneys on Logan though. If he can put up with us then he might just survive your family.”
“Lets hope so.”
Jean placed a hand on her arm. “I guarantee you one thing…. For as long as it lasts you’ll never know anything like it.”
She reached over and hugged her friend. “Thank you.”

Several hours later Ororo let herself in her apartment feeling rested and refreshed. She set her purse on the small table by the door and glanced at the mirror. She nervously touched the new layered hair do framing her heart shaped face. This is it. Time to see if she and Logan actually had a chance at anything. She hoped to God they did. Now that she’d finally admit to herself that she wanted him, she hoped those promises in his eyes were real. If only she could hold her doubts and insecurities down long enough to see. She just knew she would not be able to handle it if this had been a game for him. She signed and patted her hair into place.
Not bad, girl. Lets hope that Logan thinks so too. She turned away from her reflection and headed down the hall. Her heart was beating so fast she took several deep breaths and stepped down into the living room. Disappointment at finding the room empty weighted her shoulders down. He probably went home. What did she expect? It had has been several day since he’d stayed to take care of her. It only made sense that now she was well, he would leave. Part of her wished he’d waited to say good-bye at least. She turned towards her room and stopped when she noticed flickering light coming from her terrace. She also noticed the glass doors where left opened. She walked over and glanced out. Her eyes widen with disbelief. A gasp escaped her slightly parted lips. Oh my God!!!
Standing outside, with his muscular body shown to perfection in beige pullover and black slacks was Logan. His wild mane of midnight hair was slicked black; he’d shaved his side burns shorter and sported a lazy glare that should have been illegal! He looked like he just stepped off the cover of GQ. She couldn’t take her eyes off him.

And he could barely breathe as he watched her. The moment he saw her step out, Logan clenched his teeth at the same time as a wave of desire struck him right down in his gut. He stood there ogling her exotic beauty like a love struck idiot as heat flooded his body. He thought her beautiful before but seeing her in a black spaghetti strapped dress with a scooped neck was almost more then he could handle. His eyes skated down to the voluptuous swell of her breast and saw by the taunt impression poking through that she wasn’t wearing a bra. He almost groaned out loud but balled up his fists instead. Everything about the dress was a total turn on. She staggered in and his eye fell down to her feet.
Oh God!
He stared at her sexy legs enhanced in a pair of high pumps. Breath, Logan or you’ll scare her off!
“You stayed.” She finally said. Then wanted to kick herself for such a stupid remark.
“Where else would I be.”
The look in his eyes as he said the words caused her to look away. No way was she touching that remark! Instead, she glanced past him and stared in awe. In addition to candles, soft music there was flowers everywhere, no not flowers…….a garden. An impressive collection of flowering plants, trees and foliage in dazzling colors that took her breath away. Hanging baskets held bougainvillea and hibiscus in a multitude of colors. There was the silvery green of palm grass, the vivid green of jades and palm plants, and the purple-tinged leaves of several different bromeliads. The varies use of foliage created a stunning contrasts of texture and color.
There was tons of splashy tropical plants. Bougainvillea, hibiscus, orchids, bromeliads lilies, and orchids were a few she recognized. It was as if, whomever Logan had paid to do the work had crammed as many plants as they could into a small area to mimic the overcrowded conditions of a rainforest or jungle. She even heard the soothing yet distinct sound of running water and searched for its source. She found it at one end of her terrace in the far back. Bordered by trellis’s covered with fast growing vines she found a water fountain mounted on the wall of the building. It was customed design to add and not distract as water slid down from a hidden funnel. She let her glance wonder over the Spiraea Snow Storm foliage situated under the fountain and reached to touch its cool, bluish green petal.
She couldn’t believe the delicate beauty surrounding her. Tears misted her eyes as she realized the depth of Logan’s feelings for her. This was undeniable proof that this man really cared for her. Wanted her in a way no one else ever had. She had been wrong to think she was just a challenge to him. She had believed his ego was behind his pursuit of her but this…this everlasting gift was more then she could have imagined or wished for. ‘He loves me’ Played across her mind and for the first time in her life, Ororo felt a sense of peace and rightfulness.
With her full attention focused on her surrounds, she did not realize his silence or notice how intently he was starring at her. Logan thought she was the real beauty. Especially in that black dress she was wearing. It seemed that every one of her sexy curves was revealed for him alone. He wasn’t surprise that his desire for her had not slackened with time. If anything, he wanted, needed to be part of her life even more. The kicker was even with his feelings strengthen so deeply, if she told him to take a hike tonight he would accept it and let her go. He hoped it would not come to that. Instead he hoped to make her accept her attraction for him. Her list verified she felt it now he wanted her to admit and accept it.
“I heard you liked exotic plants.” He said in hopes of filling in the silence. “I personally picked each plant with you in mind.”
“What do you mean?”
He reached out for a flower that was cream with blue margins. “They call this Nikko Blue Hydrangea. Its starts off with the way u see it here then later it turns a solid blue.”
“It’s beautiful.”
“Yes but I picked it because the blue is the same color of your eyes.”
Oh damn! This was…. Ororo quickly turned away from him. No way was she going to break down and make a fool of herself in front of him! But this was so romantic!
“If you don’t like it, I can have it all removed.” He said with a vulnerable edge to his voice.
Her attention quickly turned back to him. That’s when he noticed the bright sheen to her eyes.
“You did all this for me?” she asked in wondered tones. She didn’t know the when’s or how’s, only accepted that when, Logan wanted something he made it happen.
He met her shocked gaze and wanted to rush and hold her but he held back. Instead of answering her he moved to a series of scented plants. “I picked these jasmines because it’s your favorite fragrance…” he went to a purple-black leaved plant with pink flowers. “ And this one is called Sambuscus Nigra commonly called black beauty.”
“I….I don’t know what to say. No one has ever done anything like this for me before.”
He finally walked over to her and palmed her cheek. “That’s because no one has ever loved you as much as I do.”
“What…what did you say?”
“What? That I love you? I’ve never denied it.”
“You’ve never said it before.”
He thought for a moment then slowly nodded. “ You’re right. I’m saying it now. I love you, Ororo. It took me a long time to realize what I did to you was wrong. It just seemed for as long as I could remember all I wanted was you. Spending my life with you and when it became apparent that even though you were attracted to me, you would never give us a chance I didn’t know how to accept that. My only excuse is that my heart was empty inside until I met you and now after I’ve tasted what it is to be with you, I don’t seem able to breath unless we are together.”
Ororo couldn’t move as she felt the truth of his words. She lifted his face and came close until they were inches apart.
“Say it.” She whispered before brushing her lips lightly against his.
“I’m sorry, darlin. I never meant to hurt you.”
“I know that …now. There was little in my life that was spontaneous, and then you came and turned my well-ordered life upside down. That scared me.” She reached out and touched his face. “Deep down I never really believed that a man like you could love me but tonight you made me believe.”
He turned slightly and kissed her palm. “All I want is a chance for us to start over. A chance to show you how much I love you.”
When she tried to talk he placed a finger across her lips. “ I want you to be my wife, the mother of my children, I want you beside me until we’re old and gray surround by a roomful of grandchildren.”
Logan stepped away from her and to a romantically set patio table. Oh my god! Dinner too!! The man was really working at getting some nookie tonight! Ororo had not realized the new set was even there but now realized there was a powerful scent of delicious foods mingled with the sheer power of the fragrant plants from her garden.
“I hope you’re hungry. I had dinner sent over from Nobu.” He named the trendy Manhattan restaurant owned by Robert De Niro. Expensive food and a tropical oasis! The man was definitely pulling out all the stops!
“This belongs to you.” He said once he returned to her side again.
He uncovered the silver covering over a white patterned plate, revealing a perfect clematis in a deep rose pink with dark bar. Nestled in the center of its large petals was a familiar sparkling diamond. Ororo couldn’t hold back the tears any longer as he got down on one knee, holding her left hand. He locked gaze with her and slide the ring on her finger.
“I’ll understand if this is too soon. I won’t say the words until you’re ready but will you wear it.” His eyes pleading for her to accept.
She could only nod her head up in down. He stood and hugged her tightly.
“I know we have a lot to work at. But I want you to know I will do my damnest to make you happy. And I can live with you not being in love me, Ro. I can wait because I love you enough for the both of us. It’s enough that you want me.”
She pulled back from him. “I do care about you, Logan”
He a slow grin started at the corners of his lips and spread wide when her words sunk in. He lifted her in his arms and swung around with her. The night was filled with her laughter. Dang! She could only imagine what he’d do if she admitted to loving him!
“Logan put me down. I’m too heavy.”
“Not a chance.”
“Now I know you’re in love.”
“What gave it away.”
“Must have been….”
Before she could finish, he set her down, swooped in and kissed her.
There was no hesitation or doubts in her response to him. She opened her mouth, giving him access to her essence. He groaned and delved in, feasting. He felt her shudder against him when he pressed his throbbing erection between her thighs. He pressed harder, making sure she knew just how much he wanted her. When she let out a harsh hiss between her lips, he captured her lips again in a bone-melting kiss.
“Ooooh!” Ororo cried out.
Logan ran his hands along her back, dragging her zipper down.
He slipped a strap from one shoulder down and then the other. Suddenly panic set in. Ororo realized if she didn’t stop him there he’d be able to see a lot more of her with the bright beam of the moon. God knows she didn’t want him to see her naked!
“Let’s go to my room.” She said in a rush, pulling away from him while trying to keep the dress from exposing more of herself to him.
“Why are you trying to run away from this?” he asked trying to pull her back into his arms. “ This is a perfect place to make love and start over.”
“I…..uh. there’s too much light out here. We’ll be more comfortable inside.” She pulled completely away from him and headed to the glass doors. Logan stopped her with his arm around her waist. He leaned into her until he was whispering in her ears.
“No, darlin.” He said finally understanding her sudden need to hide from him. “ I want to see you. All of you.”
“You don’t”
“ssshhhh.” He turned her around to face him. “I love you, babe. And I want to see every gorgeous inch of you as much as I know you want to see me.” He leans down and kiss her long and hard until she could hardly remember her own name. Her panic quickly disappeared to be replaced by a hunger she could barely contain.
Soon the only thing that mattered was his kisses, the way his moans vibrated though her body to the pulse between her thighs. His hands ran down her curves cupping her rounded bottom in a possessive grip that scotched then branded her body. She felt like she was free falling as her knees gave way. Logan momentarily pulled away long enough to get a cushion from the new lounge chairs and made them a bed. He kneeled down and raised a hand towards her. Ororo looked down into his heated gaze, seeing not only arousal, passion but doubt. It dawned on her he was not as self-assured as he seemed. And she knew if she wanted to stop now he would understand. Surrounded by the night breeze under stars as bright as diamonds with the fragrance of her new haven assaulting her senses, she took his hand and kneels in front of him.
“As much as I want you right now, I want us more. And in order to have that I finally realized that can’t happen with me calling all the shots. So if you don’t want this….we stop now.”
“Then what?”
“Then we go over to that table and we eat.” He reaches up and brush a fallen strand of white hair from her face. “ We talk, I make you laugh then I walk you to you room and say good night.”
“You would be okay with that?” she asked, half testing his reaction.
“Yes.”
“Kiss me.”
He leans forward and barely grazes her lips. What the hell was that!!!! Dam sure was no kiss!!!
“No…I said kiss me.”
He hesitates, as if searching for something in her eyes then leans down again. This time when he kisses her, he uses his tongue to lick across her lips with enticing persuasion until she helplessly opens her lips. He sucked her tongue, drinking in her nectar until she whimpered. Then their tongues dueled in pleasurable need, leaving them breathless with want.
Dammmmm! Now that’s a kiss! She thought when he pulls back enough for them to draw breath.
“You’re everything I could want in a woman, darlin. And I want all of you.”
“I…I’m not…”
“Don’t hide from me.”
“My body is not….most people…”
“I’m not most people. I’m just the man who loves you.”
“I can’t.” she says painfully while closing her eyes and turning away from him but he stops her and raises her chin with a finger.
“Don’t. Don’t turn away from me, babe. You know what first drew my attention to you?”
When she didn’t say anything he went on “I like the way you handled yourself, especially with Dad. Most people cower around him. Not you your full of sass and fire. And I happen to love your sexy body.”
Man Please! You’ve got to do better then that!
“If you don’t believe me then see it in my eyes as I look at you.”
God if he so much as bats an eyebrow……
He helped her remove her dress into it was a red pool around her knees and waited for the ‘look’.
Instead, she heard his sharp intake of breath, saw the flame of desire blazing in his pupils, watched the passion fill the front of his pants. Just before he cupped a full breast and leaned down to tease a taut nipple with his teeth. Her head fell back as her body involuntarily arched towards his suckling lips. Her heart hammered, her eyes fluttered closed and her lips parted in ecstasy. Her fingers found there way into his hair to draw him even closer. The worry of what he thought of her nudity touched her heated mind but his stroking hands quickly pushed that aside. After all, she reminded herself, this wasn’t the first time he’d seen her nude. And just maybe she did believe that he loved her. Just look at her surroundings.
“You’re so beautiful.” He moaned into her breasts. “I want to taste you.”
For an instant she stiffened in his arms.
Holy shit! No one had ever wanted to do that before. Did he mean what she thought he meant??
She got her answer when he lowered her down on their make shift bed and worked his way down her fleshy mound of her stomach. He massages it, squeezing it gently. He pulls away her dress and reaches for her panties. Ororo wished she had on a sexy pair of Victoria Secrets on instead of what Cece called her ‘grannies’. If they had her size.
Feeling her sudden stiffness as he pulls down her underwear, Logan went back up to look into her eyes. “Trust me. I wont hurt you.”
Not exactly what I was worried about….but okay.
She nodded just as he kisses her long and hard. He returns to finish with her panties. Please god; don’t let him notice how big they are! She couldn’t look. As several seconds passed by and nothing happened she chanced a peek. Logan sat in front of her raised legs glancing up at her. He held her gaze as he slowly ease her tightly closed thighs open. Mesmerized, she held her breath. The instant she felt him his lips on her skin she wished he’d never stop. He started with butterfly kisses up and down her inner thighs then teasing licks as her legs fell open.
Oh god, oh god, oh god…OH My GOD!!!
His mouth glides across the folds of her sex in tormenting bliss that has her crying out. Ororo grabbed the edges of the cushion in her fists as he teased, taunted and suckled her coochie like it was covered in honey. Her hips raised and rolled wildly, almost dislodging him from devouring his feast.
Loudhavemercy!!!!!
He wrapped his strong arms around her thighs and held her still. He pushed her over and over to a place she never knew existed. She cried his name out until her throat was raw. Suddenly, waves after waves of shuddering spasms gripped her in a mindless spiral. He stayed drinking her several seconds after her orgasm. When she finally recovered, Ororo pulled at his arm.
“I want to bury myself in you.” He murmured thickly as he braced his weight above her. “I want to feel your heat surrounding me again.”
He kissed her. Letting her taste her own essence from his lips. Hurriedly, Ororo pulled at his shirt, ripping the buttons away. Logan pulls away long enough to remove the rip shirt and his pants. He quickly searched for a small, red foil packet from his wallet and shields his engorged penis.
“What took you so long?” She purred teasingly. He laughs happily as he watches the wanton goddess in his arm.
“There’s nothing that could keep me away from this.”
“Then why aren’t you in me yet.”
He hungrily kisses her just as he buries himself into her welcoming heat. He holds still for a moment to keep from exploding to soon. He had to make this good for her….for them. He clinches his teeth at how tight she is. He groans as she grips him. He grunts as she easily meets his every thrust.
Ororo cries out. This was more then she’d ever thought. More then she remembered or hoped for. The things he was doing to her body…..the way he was making her feel about being a woman. Being his woman was more then she could vocalize with simple moves. They let the hotly whispered words, teasing fingers, hungry mouths nurturing on each other speak for them. When their desperately grinding and bumping bodies raced towards oblivion, it became more then they could handle. Until they fell over the edge in a blinding orgasm. At that moment they each experienced fear. The emotion they were experiencing was too raw to be anything but love.
Yet they gave into it whole-heartedly. They held each other without reservations long after the final shudders stopped. Logan slowly pulled out from her and staggered to his feet.
Alarmed, Ororo sat up. “Where are you going?”
“I’ll be right back.” He answered before racing naked into the condo. Disappointed, she reached for her dress and started to put it back on. Did she just make the biggest mistake of her life? The man just made her toes actually curl up and he just ups and leave like she was contagious! He had to be up to something…because the way he just made love to her had to have been real…right?
“Take that thing off.” Logan growled coming back with a silver bowl. She paused and watched him come towards her. She let her eyes wonder up and down his muscular build until she settled on his half aroused penis.
“Stop that.” He said kneeling back down in front of her. He set the bowl down and she saw it was water that was hot enough to cause steam to rise up.
“What’s that for?”
“For you.” He reached for her dress and yanked it off before she could stop him. “In Japan, before a couple makes love a basin of scented water is placed by the side of the bed so that after they make love the woman is suppose to bath the mans penis then herself.”
Oh Hell no!! This was not no damn Japan! Why the hell was he telling her that shit like she was going to be his ‘little woman”!!! Well she had news for him. She may have just given him some chocolate delight but damn if she was signing up to be his beck and call girl!
Seeing the look on her face, Logan grinned. He knew exactly what she was thing. “Lye back.”
“Why?”
“You still don’t trust me, do you?”
“This would not have happened if I didn’t trust you.” She said and lay back down. Logan took the heated towel and soaked one end. He eased her legs opened and tenderly wiped away the traces of their lovemaking. Ororo moaned helplessly as the combination of his gentle touch and the heat of the towels started to arouse her. Logan watched her, feeling his penis growing. Damn she was beautiful. He had wanted this night to be special for her and hoped he had succeeded. Their lovemaking had been a welcome surprise…to both of them but he wanted more. He wanted to tell her he loved her, to find out if she loved him. But he sensed she wasn’t ready for that yet and he didn’t want to rush her. Never again.
He let his mind turned back to pleasuring her for now. Seeing her arousal, he set the towel down and replaced it with his hand and mouth. This time when he ate her he took his time, drawing it out til she finally exploded in his mouth.
“Wow” Ororo murmured as he lay next to her and pulled her into his arms. His chest rumbled against her ear with his laugh. “I could get used to that.”
“Me too.”
“My turn.”
“Darlin you don’t…”
“SSShhhhhhh” she silenced him with a finger across his lips. “You’ve made this night into something I could not even imagine in my wildest dreams. Let me show you how much I appreciate and love you.” She was turning away to get closed to his fully aroused member when she was suddenly yanked back against his chest. Logan flipped over until she was under him.
“What did you just say?” he asked eagerly with eyes full of hope and wonder.
Realizing what she had just said, Ororo stared into his eyes. Oh shit! She had said out loud! To him!
“Let me show you….”
“Roooo…” He growled threateningly.
“It was nothing.”
“Are you saying you didn’t mean it?” He tried to mask it but she could still hear the hurt and disappointment in his voice.
“Can I plead the fifth?” she teased with laughter shinning on her face.
“No!”
“Don’t say it if you don’t mean it.” He moved to get off her but she pulled him back and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“I love you.”
He held her so tight she started to worry he might break a rib. “I was beginning to give up hope I’d ever hear you say that.”
She smiled. “Yeah, well the my friends would kick my ass if I didn’t.”
“Is that why you’re saying it “
“I think you know me better then that.”
Logan finally allowed himself to grin. “I love you too, darlin.”
“You’re frustrating, egoistical, a down right pain in my rear but no one has ever made me this happy. ”
“Get used to it.”
“There’s just one thing I need you to promise me.”
“Anything.”
“No more manipulation or lies.”
“Promise.”
“We’re in this 50/50.”
“Yes.”
“Then there’s something I need to tell you before we can go on.”
He turned on his side to face her. “Okay, what is it?”
Instead of answer she rose up and hurried inside. Seconds later she returned with a bunch of neatly folded paper. “Here”
Nervously, taking the paper, he slowly unfolded them and gaped at the official document. He quickly glanced at her.
“You never signed them.”
“No.”
“We’re still married.”
“Yes.”
He dropped the sheets and swept her into his arms. He captured her lips in a kiss that left her in no doubt of his feelings.





You must login () to review.