Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been too long but I do really need to finish my RoLo fics.
He was anxious to reach their destination and had had no intentions of stopping when they were so close. He got no complaints from his companion seated beside him, at least no verbal complaints that would invoke him to stop, but the deep groans coming from her stomach told him that he needed to stop. He knew that there was only one place for miles where they could get food but he held trepidations about taking Ororo there.

Ororo had been surprisingly quiet for the past few hours which was another indication to Logan that maybe they needed to stop for a bit, but when he pulled into the pit stop he had visited often whenever he roamed the area and saw all the 18 wheelers and hogs overflowing the parking lot, he was about to make a quick exit until Ororo’s voice stopped him.

“Thank God, I’m starving.” She announced and Logan only replied with a grunt and he parked the jeep.

When they entered the bar his senses were immediately assaulted with the typical aromas; thick smoke from varies sources, funk, musk, sweat, and several brands of cheap perfume. He looked to Ororo to gage her reaction, and if the smells and scenes in the bar disgusted her she hid it well behind a huge smile and wide, excited eyes.

“Woah a true blue honky-tonk bar,” She said as she followed closely behind Logan. All eyes fell onto them. They glanced at him briefly in disinterest before settling onto Ororo, and suddenly disinterest turned to a look of lust which caused Logan to growl out a low tremble of warning as he reached behind him and firmly grasped Ororo’s hand. She didn’t protest at Logan’s ‘man handling’ her as he moved them to the bar, in fact she reveled in it.

“Well lookie what the cat drug in,” The plump red haired woman who looked to be in her early fifties said in greeting as Ororo and Logan took two of the stools at the bar. Ororo looked at the woman, glancing at her nametag which read ‘Joyce’ before she turned to Logan expectantly.

“Hey Jo,” Logan replied with a gentle smirk.

“It’s been awhile Mountain Man,” Jo said as she threw him a wink before she turned a bit and shouted to the back. “Hey, Caleb look who just walked in.” The man working the grill looked up with a scowl that instantly melted into a genuine smile as he took in the latest patrons.

“Hey Logan, long time no see, aye?” Caleb said and then quickly focused back onto his cooking.

“So what can I get fer ya darlin, the usual?” Jo asked already scribbling down his order.

“You know what I like,” Logan flashed his canines in what Ororo associated as a smile or as close to a smile that Logan was gonna give.

“Uhm…hmmm,” Jo threw out with a wink. “And fer yer very lovely lady friend?” She focused onto the white haired Nubian beauty before her, who graced her with a bedazzling smile.

“Oh I’ll have whatever Mountain Man’s having.” Ororo said with a giggle as Logan growled playfully.

“Two steaks and eggs comin right up.” Jo said and then quickly tossed the order to Caleb before moving back to them. “And what’s yer poison?” Jo directed to Ororo, as she set a tall mug of beer and three shot glasses full of tequila in front of Logan, who swiftly downed the three shots.

“I’ll just have a beer thanks.” Ororo replied. Jo handed her the beer and set a small basket of shelled peanuts on the bar in front of them.

“Ya need anything just give a holler, yer order will be right up.” Jo then moved on to the newest patron to sit at the bar. Once they were ‘alone’ Ororo turned to Logan who was already working on his second glass of beer and munching on the peanuts.

“So you come here a lot?” She asked.

“Only when I’m passing through,” Logan replied as he shelled the peanuts with one hand and held his beer with the other.

“Why did she call you Mountain Man?” She continued her interrogation as she popped a peanut into her mouth, not really expecting him to answer. She had learned in the short time that she’d known him that Logan wasn’t a ‘talker’ and he wasn’t a ‘sharer’ of what he deemed to be his business.

“’Cause that’s where I lived for a while.” His words stunned her.

“You lived on a mountain?”

“Yeah, out the back of my old truck. There’s a lot of good huntin and fishin up in the mountains, and nobody ta bother ya.”

“Weren’t you lonely?”

“Naw, the wolves kept me company.”

“So you never had any ‘human’ company?” She continued her query and Logan knew what kind of ‘human’ company she was referring to.

“Look around the room darlin just about every female in here is huntin fer some cock, so when I wanted ‘human’ company some was always around.”

“That’s nasty Logan and unsanitary.” Ororo said with distain as she scrunched up her nose at him, and Logan noted how cute he thought she looked.

“Aint like I can catch any diseases, even still I always wear protection.”

“You didn’t with me,” Ororo mumbled out as she took a sip of her beer. Her words stilled him and got his full attention as he openly gawked at her. “Hey you got a couple of quarters?” She asked her focus drawn to a jukebox in the corner of the bar.

“Uh,” He leaned up a bit and burrowed his hand inside the front pocket of his jeans, and then pulled out a hand full of Canadian coins. “Here,” He handed her several coins. “I’m gonna go make a call on the payphone in the back,” Logan said as they both stood from the bar.

“Don’t you have a cell?” She asked.

“I’m callin the states and there aint no reception fer cells out here.” She nodded at the explanation and then moved off towards the jukebox. Logan watched her and then darted his eyes to the other men in the room who all seemed to be ogling Ororo’s ass as she past. “Hey motherfuckers!” Logan’s voice boomed in the room and garnered everyone’s attention even Ororo looked up from where she stood staring down at the music selection on the jukebox. “That’s mine,” He pointed to Ororo. “You can look but you better not touch, ya touch and we’re gonna have a problem.” *SNIKT!* No one in the room was startled by the blades protruding from his hands, but they were all scared of them. Satisfied that no one was gonna harass Ororo while he was making his call, Logan moved to the back of the bar, down the halls that housed the phone and bathrooms. Ororo simply shook her head at the macho man display, though she appreciated the gesture, and focused back on the music selection.




The phone hadn’t even rung once before a voice came over the line.

“Logan, I’m glad that you’ve finally called to check in. How is Ororo?” Professor Xavier asked calmly.

“I really hate it when you do that.” Logan grumbled out.

“Yes I know,” Xavier said and Logan could sense the smile on his face.

“’Ro’s fine and we’re a couple of miles from our destination.”

“How long do you think it will take you to find whom or what you are seeking?”

“Don’t know it could take days, it could take weeks but I’m hoping it’s the latter, think the sooner I get ‘Ro back to the mansion the better.” Logan stated.

“Why, has there been some set back in her recovery?” Xavier asked his voice filled with concern. Logan could also hear Jean’s worried voice in the background.

“Naw, but I don’t know how much more of her singing country music off key I can take.” This time the Professor chuckled into the phone. “Can I speak ta Jean for a moment?”

“Of course,” After a second’s pause a feminine voice came on the line.

“Hello Logan, how is Ororo, is she there with you may I speak with her please?” Jean babbled off, and Logan could sense her growing concern and agitation.

“She’s fine Red and I’d let ya speak with her but I doubt she would if she knows it’s you, you aint exactly her favorite person you know.”

“Yes I have sensed as much,” Jean said with a heavy, sad sigh.

“Is ‘Ro on the pill?” Logan suddenly and blatantly asked and the sharp intake of breath told him that his question had stunned Jean.

“Uh…she gets a depo shot every three months she just got one last week in fact…why?” Jean answered. A commotion behind him got Logan’s attention as he turned and peered down the corridor. He could see into the bar but not the area of the jukebox.

“Thanks, gotta go,”

“Wait, Logan why did you want to know about Ororo’s birth-control?” Jean called out but only got a disconnection beep in reply.




When he re-entered the heart of the bar his eyes instantly zoomed in on Ororo who still stood by the jukebox. She stood facing down three bikers who had most likely just arrived. Logan moved through the crowd of people dancing or just standing about chit chatting, in a stalking manner. He was surveying but he was also staying back to see how Ororo would handle herself. He moved, but stopped when he was within ear shot, to better hear the conversation yet close enough to step in if he needed to come to her defense, but the look on Ororo’s face told him that he’d might have to protect the bikers from her.

“Look guys I don’t want any trouble I just want to enjoy some good music in peace.” Ororo said calmly. “So please leave me alone.” She then tossed her tussled hair, which draped from the Stetson she still wore on her head, over her shoulder and turned back to the jukebox. She concentrated on the music and swayed her hips, which were snuggly covered with another pair of her cut-off jeans shorts. Her actions caused Logan to growl silently in frustration at the instant hard on he’d gotten just from looking at her and also in anger at her oblivious wonton behavior. He knew she was asking for trouble, unprovoked or not.

“Oh we don’t want any trouble either baby,” The largest of the three bikers said with a sneer. “We just want to be yer friend,” He said as he reached out and grasped Ororo’s ass with his hand and squeezed. Like a flash of lightning Ororo’s elbow shot out and connected with the man’s nose. The crunching noise that filled the air as wells as the gushing blood told Logan that the man’s nose was broken.

“Awwww…you BITCH!” The bloodied man wailed as one of his two friends went to grab Ororo only to be knocked out cold from a swift round house kick she delivered to his face. Logan could only watch with a stunned and satisfied look on his face at the way Ororo defended herself, he then knew that there was still some of the ‘Old ‘Ro’ left inside. When she turned predatory eyes to the last man standing he threw up his hand in defeat and backed up. Once Ororo was sure there was no more threat she moved back to the bar where she found Logan already seated.

“Did you see that?” She asked excitedly as she brushed her body up against his as she took her seat. “Did you see me open a can of whoop ass on those guys?”

“Yeah, ya handled yerself good darlin.” Logan acknowledged and then finished off the pitcher of beer.

“Where did I learn to fight like that?” Ororo asked still in awe over her actions.

“Ya learned from the best, ya learned from me.”

“Wow, that was amazing, ‘I’ was amazing, and now I’m all…” She paused searching for the appropriate word.

“Horny?” Logan threw out and she nodded her head.

“Very horny,” Ororo said as she looked at him with lust filled eyes.

“Hey Jo can we get that order ta go?”

“Sure darling,” Jo said as she began to bag up their food that Caleb had just finished cooking.





You must login () to review.