Ten Weeks
11:23am

She watched her surrounding warily, hoping and praying she would make it to her destination without any hassle. She knew that most of the children had plans some kind of outing and that Scott and Jean would mostly accompany them. She was looking forward to being virtually alone. She entered the rec room without and scene and sighed thankful as she rested a moment wit her back to the door, waiting and listening to make sure there were no kiddies about, once sure she entered the room and moved toward the big screen which was already on some nature channel as she got closer she realized why, there was someone there watching TV.

“Mornin, darlin.” Logan spoke out never taking his eyes from the TV as the scene of a lioness taking down a zebra played out.

“Morning, “ She replied as she clutched the large bowl of cereal she had been carrying, closer to her chest as she took a seat at the opposite end of the couch that Logan occupied. He sat with his feet propped up on the coffee table, with his arms across his chest, holding a beer in his hand as the rest of the six pack sat atop the table. “That’s some breakfast.” She commented and he simply shot her a ‘Mind your own business’ glare, which she had become quite familiar with over the past weeks, and had always ignored. They fell into a silence as they watched the show, both enjoying, both loving nature. After a moment Ororo spoke, never looking away from the screen. “So aren’t you going ask me if I’m ok, does my head hurt, or do I remember anything yet?”

“No.” He said before taking another swig from his beer. There was another moment of silence.

“Why not, everyone else does,” She said sighing as if she were exhausted.

“I figer if ya want me ta know ya’d tell me.” He stated still looking at the screen and Ororo turned to him as a smile spread across her face.

“Yes I would,”

“Then there aint no need fer me ta hound ya about it.” Ororo’s smile widened as she looked down at her bowl of cereal, after a second she stood from the couch and moved closer to where Logan sat and then sat down beside him, curling her feet beneath her. He watched her curiously out of the corner of his eyes, and stiffened a bit as he felt her warm body lean against his. After she got comfortable, resting her head against his broad shoulders, she went back to eating her breakfast, she then scooped a spoonful and lifted it up to Logan.

“Want some?” She asked. He eyed her with a smirk.

“Naw, I got mine, thanks.” He said tilted the bottle of beer towards his lips.

“That’s not breakfast.”

“So ‘you’ say, it’s been my breakfast fer a long time, I got no complaints.”

“Yeah but mine is better,” Ororo insisted as she sat up a bit still leaning into Logan but now faced towards him. “Here just try it you may like it.” She said moving the spoon closer to his mouth.

“No,”

“Oh come on just a little bit, it’s not gonna kill you,”

“I'm not worried about ‘me’ getting killed here, darlin.”

“Oh my God,” She spoke rolling her eyes. “You’re threatening my life over cereal? Because I want you to eat more healthy things and want you to…”

“Change who I am, who I’ve been fer a long time, sorry darlin many have tried and failed so don’t waste yer time.” He said with a chuckle but his words, though meant to be playful stopped Ororo and made her smile fade. Logan noticed the serius look on her face. “What?”

“I’m sorry,” She said as she sat back and away from him a bit.” He turned to her now seeing that she was on the verge of tears, which he could never stand to see, Ororo crying, it was a rare sight but it always tore at his gut.

“Fer what?”

“For trying to change you, I should know better than anyone how that feels, God I’m in a house full of people who try to change me, with the exception of you, they all wish I was someone else. I’m sorry Logan.” She said looking up at him as a single tear rolled from her eyes. A part of him stood on edge he didn’t know how to handle this type of situation, he couldn’t use his usual tactics, which was killing something.

“It aint that bad darlin, I was only kidding wit ya, don’t cry.” He said trying to sound comforting but sounding angry. “I’ll eat some cereal wit ya, look.” He took the bowl from her scooped a large spoonful into his mouth. “Mmhmhm.” He exclaimed and she lifted her eyes to look at him and instantly fell into giggles. Which turned into a full on laugh as his face soured to the tasted of the oat bran cereal. “Shit Ro what tha fuck are ya eatin?”

“What it’s healthy, at least that’s what it says on the box.” She spoke still laughing.

“And you like the taste?” She herself made a sour face, sticking out her tongue a bit and shaking her head no. “Then why tha fuck do ya eat it?”

“Jean said it was mine, what I ate before the accident.”

“Yeah it was, but do ‘you’ like it?”

“God no, it’s like eating twits and nuts from the woods out back.” Logan nodded in agreement.

“Than don’t eat it.” He placed the bowl on the table and quickly guzzled back some beer, trying to kill the taste, and when he pulled the bottle down Ororo grabbed it and downed the rest. Logan arched his browns at her, impressed with the move, one the old ‘Ororo’ would never do though he was sure she wanted to. Ororo sat the now empty bottle on the table and let out a loud belch.

“Excuse me.” She said with a smile, which matched the one on Logan’s lips. She quickly leaned into Logan and placed a soft kiss on his lips, stunning him as she moved back a bit. “Thank you Logan,” She said with their nose nearly touching and their hot breath on each other’s face. After a few seconds of staring into each other’s eyes, neither moving from the position, Logan reached up and grasped Ororo’s hair, tangling his fingers in it.

“Yer welcome.” He said low as he pulled her towards him.

“Logan we’re leav… Oh,” Jean entered the room and was stunned by what she saw. Logan upon seeing her instinctively shoved Ororo back off of him, stunning her. “I’m sorry I was just coming to let you know we’re leaving, I’m sorry.” She apologized as she fidgeted and avoided their eyes.

“It’s alright Red, we won’t doin nothing.” Logan replied as she stood and moved towards Jean.

“It’s none of my business Logan,” Jean mumbled still avoiding eyes as Logan looked ta her with pleading eyes and Ororo with curious ones. “We’re leaving now, we’ll be back in a few hours, bye.” Jean turned and tried to hurry from the room only to have Logan grab her wrist and stop her.

“Jean,” He spoke in a pleading voice, one Ororo had never heard nor ever thought she’d see the mighty ‘Logan’ using.

“I have to go Logan, Scott’s waiting,” She said the one thing she knew would get him to back off, her reminder that she was with Scott, and it worked as Logan let go of her hand and glared after her as she left the room. Ororo watched him from her spot on the couch as she stood still looking after Jean.

“So,” She broke the silence. “Are you two fucking?” He looked back at her in disbelief, surprised by the brazen comment. “Well, either you are or ‘you’ want to be, so which is it?” He didn’t answer, but clinched his jaws shut. “Fine, whatever, don’t really care to know anyway, but next time you kiss a girl you might want to let her know you got a thing for someone else.” Ororo said as she turned back around to stare at the screen, as she picked up her Bowl and went back to eating her ‘nasty’ cereal.

“What, yer tha one that started that darlin,” Logan said.

“Yeah, but you could have said you weren’t interested instead of letting me embarrass myself like that.” She stated as she spooned a mouthful of cereal.

“One, who says I aint interested and two, I doubt very seriously that embarrassed you.”

“Forget it Logan, nothing’s gonna happen anyway, I aint down with sharing, at least I don’t think I am,” She spoke frown up her face as she thought on it.

“Shit, ya make it sound like we have something goin.”

“Well we could have right here, just a few seconds ago, but now I can see that it aint gonna happen, what with your head stuck up Miss Priss’ ass, so…”

“Damn, Ro did you lose all your modesty along with yer memory?” Logan chuckled as he folded his arms across his chest and smiled at the woman sitting before him, liking this new brazen side.

“Maybe and it aint like I lost all my memories, I know one plus one equals two, can understand and totally disagree with Darwin’s theory of Evolution, and I can painfully remember the feeling of horniness, just wanted to relieve some stress, thought you wouldn’t mind helping me out. Never figured you were a man in love and all, and definitely not with Miss Priss, aint she with Scott?” Logan just continued to stare at her in awe with a smile spread across his face. “Ya think Scott would be willing to help me with my problem, or maybe Kurt, I mean you look past the blue skin, those teeth and the tail, he’s a hottie. Oh and that accent….yum” Ororo continued with a far off look as she thought on it.

“Are you serious?” Logan asked laughing.

“Hell yeah, I’m ready to be uncorked so my champagne can overflow. Why are you willing to help me?”





You must login () to review.