“Well I…”

[Logan, I need you in the conference room, now please.]

“…fuck!” Logan groaned hating when The Professor popped into his head like that.

“Yeah?” Ororo watched him with a smile.

“Naw…that was Chuck.” Logan stated as he headed for the door.

“Charlie, where?” She asked as she stood and headed after him.

“In my head, he’s calling me to the conference room.”

“Oh, what for?” Ororo questioned as they now walked down the hallway.

“Don’t know, guess I’ll find out when I get there and where tha hell ya think yer goin?”

“To the meeting.”

“Were ya invited?”

“I am an honorary member of this team aren’t I, aint that enough to get me in?”

“Whatever,”

12:00pm, Conference Room:
“I’m sorry you all had to postpone your plans today and I’m glad you all made it and,” The Professor began the meeting and then paused as he noticed Ororo taking a seat. “Ah, Ororo your presences is not needed…”

“Why not is this meeting about me?” She asked as she leaned back in her seat and propped her legs up on top of the table.

“Why no, it is about X-Men business,” He said and Ororo simply arched a brow to him. “Yes, well I suppose you have as much right to be here. So, we have a situation, Magneto is up to his old tricks it seems, and he has enlisted the help of some old foes, namely Sabertooth, as well as new Mutants who believe as he does, that there is a war brewing between Mutants and Humans.”

“Sabertooth, thought I killed that bastard.”

“Yes well it seems he has healing abilities much like your own, Logan.” Logan grumbled something inaudiable.

“So our mission, if we choose to accept it, is to stop this Magneto and Sabertooth?” Ororo asked.

“Ororo, I don’t think you should get involved.” Jean spoke out.

“And why the hell not?”

“Well you are still learning to use your powers again and…”

“And I have pretty much mastered them, at least that’s what Scott says, right Scott?”

“Uh…yeah, she’s almost back to her old self, well with using her powers that is.”

“I still don’t think it’s a good idea…”

“Well good thing you’re not in charge here, ‘Red’.” Ororo spoke through gritted teeth ‘Red’ as Logan fondly called her was really working Ororo’s last nerve. Jean instantly clamped her mouth closed taking heed from Ororo calling her by the name Logan used, wondering if she somehow knew about her attraction to Logan. Ororo slyly smiled at Jean’s reaction and decided to make her squirm some more. She took her feet from the table and leaned in to Logan who sat beside her. “Besides, Logan’ll be there to watch my back,” She spoke this while reaching out and raking her nails across his neck, invoking a growl.

“Fine…whatever.” Jean said.

“All the information you will need has already been patch to the Blackbird. I want you to find out what Magneto is up to, why he’s been staking out the museum.” With a nod the X-Men left to suit up.

12:23 pm:
“You have got to be kidding,” Ororo said as she held up the suit Logan had told her was hers. “What the hell am I suppose to do with this.”

“I still aint sure myself, darlin.” Logan replied with a chuckle.

“They do know it’s summertime now, right, we’ll bake in this shit.” Logan laughed outright at her words.

“Hey you two ready yet?” Scott asked as he popped his head in the room.

“Give us a minute Scooter.”

“Well hurry up,” Scoot said as he left the room.

“You know,” Ororo spoke as she pulled her shirt over her head, not caring that Logan was sitting there, obviously appreciating her frame. “I just don’t get those two, I mean yeah they both need to pull that stick outta their asses, but I don’t know they just both seems so…blah.” She continued as she peeled off her pants and began pulling on the leather suit, which Logan instinctively stood to help her with, zipping her up in the back. “I mean Blah people, need to be with exciting people, which is why I get Jean’s attraction to you. Just don’t get how they got hooked up together.”

“I guess convenience, they grew up together, with you too.” Logan said as they left the locker room. “You guys were like the ‘super friends’.” Logan stated as Ororo wrinkled her nose up in disgust.

“You’re just saying that to be mean, please tell me that’s not the truth.”

“Fraid it is kid.” Logan said with a chuckle. “But I think you came a bit later you were already a teen when you came here from Africa.”

“Africa!” Ororo exclaimed as she paused and Logan did the same as he stared at her. “I came from Africa?”

“You were born here, and raised there, which is why ya got that accent.” Logan turned and continued down the corridor towards the Blackbird, as Ororo remained in her spot for a second letting it all sink in before she moved after Logan, calling out to him.

“What accent?”

1:15 pm
“Ok Storm a little cover please,” Cyclops said from his spot at the terminal with Jean in Storm’s usual seat beside him. Storm stared from him to Jean, then to Wolverine in confusion, as Wolverine leaned over to her and whispered.

“He means fer ya ta make it foggy, ta cover our landing, before he puts on the cloaking device.”

“Oh, well why the hell didn’t he just say ‘Fog’ Storm?” She asked rolling her eyes as they whitened and their outside surrounding disappeared in a dense fog. “Damn I’m good.” Storm said smiling to herself.

“Ok everyone, move out and keep your eyes peeled, lets not have an altercation if we don’t have to, and I mean you Wolverine.”

“You know what you can do fer me one eye.” Wolverine threw over his shoulder as he headed out, leading the way to the museum’s entrance. Storm moved close behind him, stopping suddenly as he paused and sniffed the air. “Sabertooth.” He snarled.

“I take it you two aren’t close.” Storm said.

“Ya can say that. When I get my hands on him, I’ll make sure he won’t be getting back up.”

SNIKT!

“Damn, I really want a pair of those things, they rock.” Storm said as she stared at Wolverine’s hands.

“All right Goddess, watch my back.” Wolverine said as they headed inside, with the others falling way behind them.

“I don’t think I care for that name, Wolverine.”

“Naw ya never did.” He said with a smile, which quickly faded as he stopped dead in his track and turned his head to the side a bit, listening. “Oh shit,” Wolverine said as he turned to Storm, grasping her and throwing her over his shoulder.

“Wolverine, what!” Storm exclaimed, startled, he didn’t reply but just ran as fast as he could to the entrance, where Jean and Cyclops were entering.

“RUN!” Wolverine yelled as he ran by with Storm in tow. Not needing any further explanation, both Jean and Cyclops turned and followed Wolverine out the door, they didn’t stop running until they were safely behind a bricked fencing, where Wolverine tossed Storm to the ground and then jumped atop her for covering, Cyclops did the same with Jean, just before the air filled with a deafening boom, and the ground shook. Debris fell over them and on the ground around them, once the dust finally settled Wolverine lifted his head to survey the scene, as did the others. They watched as Sabertooth and another they had never seen before come out of what was left of the museum.

“Did you have to do it that big, ya dumb fuck, you singed some hairs.” Sabertooth said with a growl, and then pause as a familiar scent caught his nose. “Why if it aint the runt.”

“De wot mon ami, wot ya mean de runt?” The Cajun asked as he stared after the burly man.

“Come on out runt, I know yer here.” Sabertooth called out and Wolverine hurried complied.

“Wolverine wait,” Cyclops called out to him, as he and Jean remained hidden. Storm decided she was gonna watch his back and she too stood up behind him.

“Why it’s the runt and the cunt,” Sabertooth said in a near growl as Storm stared at him.

“Cunt,” She repeated. “Should I be offended?”

“Ahhhhh!” Wolverine roared as he ran and leaped at Sabertooth, knocking him to the ground, Sabertooth in turn, kicked him over his head, throwing him a few feet away, he then focused his attention to Storm. He leaped and knocked her to the ground, growling and snarling down into her face, she stared up at him with no fear, but a smile.

“What’s your name, cutie?” she asked stunning him a bit and distracting him enough that he didn’t see Cyclops, who blasted him knocking him back into the nearly collapsed building. “Why did you do that for I didn’t even get his name?” Storm asked looking a bit irritated at Cyclops.

“That was Sabertooth, the bad guy and the one who’s always trying to get you to scream for him.” Cyclops answered.

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.” Storm said. “So if that’s Sabertooth, who’s that, Magneto?” She nodded toward the man helping Sabertooth to his feet, just as Wolverine got to his and charged at them, only to be stopped, seemingly frozen still.

“No that’s Magneto,” Jean referred to the man leaning out of the helicopter that was landing a ways off from where they stood. Sabertooth and the Cajun made their way to the chopper hopping in, as it quickly took off and once it was far enough away, Wolverine dropped to the ground and Storm rushed to him.

“Are you ok?” She asked as she helped him to his feet.

“Yeah,” He said huffing out his breaths.

“Come on guys, we better report back to the Professor, they obviously got what they came here for.” Cyclops said as they all made their way back to the jet.

“So Wolverine, what do you know about that Sabertooth, does he have a girlfriend?” Storm asked as they entered the Jet, causing Wolverine to look at her as if she had grown another head. “What?”





You must login () to review.