He sat in his spot at the dinner table, a spot right across from the woman he couldn’t seem to tear his eyes off of, the woman who had been ignoring him for two weeks, since their altercation in the locker room. And the woman he had to admit, seemed to say on his mind lately, even canceling out his Jean thought, something he once thought an impossible task for any other woman, but Ororo, the white haired Goddess he now sat watching with a steely gaze, which hadn’t gone unnoticed by her whatsoever, as she shot him a look whenever she lifted her glass to drink. She would stare directly at him, neither giving in by looking away. And from the moment she caught him watching her, the blue mutant sitting beside her became the seeming focus of her attention, as his words became much funnier to her, and interesting and she made a show of laughing and hanging onto his every word, as well as his arm and shoulder.

“So, Ororo,” Hank spoke out to her from his spot beside Logan. “How are the headaches?” He asked between bites as she looked to him.

“Better, not as intense.” She answered and then took a bite from her plate, hoping that would end the conversation.

“What headaches?” Jean asked with concern as all eyes now fell to Ororo, who now leaned over her plate with her mouth open as she was about to spoon in some mashed potatoes, a move that stilled as she notice she was the center of attention.

“Ororo came to me the other day with a severe headache, it was intense enough to cause a nose bleed, I ran some test but…”

“Excuse me, what happened to the doctor, patient confidentiality?” Ororo asked a bit miffed that McCoy was discussing her business so freely.

“Oh, well Ororo you never minded discussing such things with friends, family…”

“Correction ‘she’ didn’t mind, however, I do.” Ororo said cutting him off. “Hate to rain on your parade but I’m not ‘her’. She’s dead she got her head bashed in because she was too stupid to put on her fucking seat belt.” Ororo said bitterly as her eyes began to water. Everyone sat silenced by her words. “I’m not her get it, I don’t want you telling my business to anyone,” She directed to Hank and then focused on Jean. “I don’t want to have girl talk with you, I don’t particularly like you. And I sure as hell don’t want to have sessions with you where you try to make me ‘her’.” This she said to the Professor who could only bow his head a bit, remaining silent. “In fact I don’t even want to be in this fucking house anymore.” Ororo said as she pushed her chair from the table and stood. “Bon appetite.” She said as she walked out of the room. It wasn’t long before Logan was standing to go after her.

“I think we should let her cool off.” Jean suggested as Logan ignored her and left the room.

“Ok who else saw that coming?” Rogue said from her spot at the table. “And she’s right, ever since she woke up we’ve all been trying ta shove her old life down her throat, telling her how she should be, instead of accepting her as she is and just being happy she’s alive. Ah just hope Logan can talk her outta leaving.”

~~~~

He stood in the doorway just watching her as she tossed things in the large duffel bag laid out on the bed. She knew he was there, had figure it would be him to come, since he had always been the one to ever try to reach out to her as she is and not that person she once was.

“What, you’ve come to try to talk me out of leaving?” she asked never stopping her movements.

“Nope,” He said as he now casually leaned against the doorframe. “I know better than anyone here that sometimes ya just gotta get away, ta figure things out on your own. I always keep my things packed. I’m on the road more than I’m here.”

“In search of your past I think Rogue was babbling something about that to me not so long ago.”

“Yeah, something like that.”

“And how’s that going.” She asked as she tossed some shoes into the bag.

“Keep hitting walls, all the leads I get are dead ends, in fact I got one the other day, was thinking about leaving tonight.”

“Oh yeah, where?” Ororo asked smiling to herself over his not so subtle attempt at inviting her to leave with him.

“Montreal.”

“How long?” She asked and she now looked direct at him.

“Don’t rightly know, could take days, weeks, months, I guess it all depends on when the trail runs cold. And wheels is fronting the expense.”

“Wheels?”

“Xavier.” Logan answered her inquiry invoking a hardy laugh from her.

“Surely you don’t call him that to his face.” Logan only arched a brow at her and again invoked a laugh. “Of course what am I thinking, surely you would.” She sighed and then got serious as she looked at him. “So you want some company?”

“Wouldn’t object to any.” Logan answered.

“An all expense paid road trip, what other fringe benefits can I expect.” Ororo asked and she moved to stand right in front of Logan, letting the tip of her tongue lick at her top lip, as she waited for his reply.

“Ya know darlin yer really playin wit fire.” She smiled seductively at his words as she leaned in to him.

“I can control the weather, the winds, rain…I’m not afraid of fire. And I don’t mind getting hot and sweaty.” She spoke in a confident tone as she now stood before him with her hands on her hips as if challenging him. A smirk played on Logan’s lips as he briefly let his eyes rake over her frame.

“I’ll get the bags, meet me in the garage in five minutes.”





You must login () to review.