The two forms raced down the back alleyways, ducking behind dumpsters and into doorway, whenever they saw flashing lights. They had been running for months, they had changed their names and appearances, but it only helped for a short time, and then they'd be on the run again. The past three weeks they had spent in New Orleans, hoping to get lost in the French quarters, but this day that had all ended.

"You check down there, I'm going to check the next block over. We have to find them." A male voice spoke out and the two forms hidden in the dark alley froze. As the figure cautiously moved into the alley, the forms moved further into the doorway they now hid in. The figure moved closer, dangerously close.

*SNIKT*

The unmistakable sound sliced through the night air, and the approaching figure stopped and searched the shadows. The figure inched carefully forward. One of the hidden beings bent down into a crouch, readying to pounce like a wild animal. Suddenly another figure appeared back at the alley's opening.

"We're needed two blocks over, there's been some mutant activities matching the powers of one of the mutants were tracking, come on lets go." The figure in the alleyway nodded and then turned back to where he had heard the noise, before he headed back out to the street. The crouching form watched their every movement as he growled, still intent on attacking, it was only the hands of his companion that stilled him.

"Logan," A soft feminine voice whispered. "No, we must keep moving." He simply grunted in response, still glaring out at the street where their pursuers had gone. It was the small cry that made him turn his attention away. He turned to the woman just behind him, the woman who had been by his side for months, the woman he had discovered he loved more then his own life.

"What's the matter darlin?" He asked as he now stood before her. She gave him a soft sweet smile before pulling open the shawl she had wrapped tightly around her.

"Oh I think your daughter's a little hungry." She said as she opened her blouse, exposing her breast, which the child happily latched on to and began suckling. Logan smiled down at the small raven haired, blue eyed child, they had named Nyah Logan Munroe.

"Don't worry little darlin, your old man is gonna get you some place safe, I promise." He said and then leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her head. It often amazed him that something that had been created out of the ugliest of circumstances, could be so beautiful, that he could love it so much.

"Maybe it's time that we go home?" The woman stated knowing that it would probably start an argument, for it always did, but this time Logan simply sighed deeply.

"Ok, Ro, if that's what you want, but I won't let any of them poke over her, and she never leaves our sight, never."

"Logan you make it sound as if they are the enemy." Ororo said with a sad smile.

"Being there caused this. The X-Men created our enemy."

"Well, maybe they can find a way to stop it, now."

"I hope so darlin, but I aint countin on it. I aint trusting no one, the only thing I give a damn about is right here, and I aint lettin no one take it from me." He said lifting up his claws before letting them retract.



***Eleven months earlier***




“Is there any clues as to who or what is behind this professor, and why?” Scott asked from his spot at the conference table, where he sat beside Jean and across from Ororo, and Logan. The professor had been filling them in on bizarre activities within the Mutant world. There had been reports of missing Mutants both male and female, also reports of an outbreak of attacks against Mutant women, most of them the victims of rape.

“No, and I’ve already used Cerebro but to no avail. I don’t know what’s causing this sudden mania, but we must put a stop to it. This is just the type of publicity that can set Senator Kelly off, and get others to rally behind his Mutant hating campaigns.”

“Where should we start?” The usually quiet Nubian beauty asked.

“Well, Mutant town, a place underground where most mutants that can’t pass as humans go. This is the focal point of the most recent attacks. Ororo, I would like you and Logan to go there and find out what you can. Jean I need you go to the hospital and try to get the recent victim to tell you anything about her attacker. Scott, you’re with me. We will have to go through our entire database on Mutants and see if any one fits the profile that could account for what’s going on.”

“I’ve got a candidate.” Logan grumbled from his seat where he sat with his arms folded across his chest. “Magneto.”

“Hmmm, I will admit that he had crossed my mind when this all began, but then when those mutant women were attacked like that I dismissed Magneto altogether.”

“Why, I wouldn’t put it pass him ta cause all of this mess just ta throw us off his scent, he did it before and it worked, nearly got Rogue killed.”

“Raping Mutants is not his cause, Logan. Magneto’s fight is against mankind. He believes that all Mutants should come together and dominate, not destroy one another.”

“So, Chuck you think your friend wouldn’t stoop to raping cause that aint his cause, but it’s ok for him to use a child the way he used Rogue?” The Professor sat silently and Logan huff at him before standing to leave. “Thought so.” Logan said as he walked out. The others stood as well, Ororo hurried after Logan who was already turning the corner, heading towards the hanger when she left the conference room. She entered the hanger just as Logan was zipping up his combat suit. “What took ya so long?” He asked his eyes locked on his hands as he tugged at his gloves, he suddenly extracted his claws, causing Ororo to jump and gasp a bit. This made Logan cock up his brow up at her questioningly. “What?”

“It is nothing,” She lied as she turned towards the locker room where she would change into her gear. “I’ll be just a moment.” After she returned they both climbed onto the jet, with Ororo behind the main controls. They lifted off and headed towards the city.

********


After finding the best spot to park the cloaked jet, Logan and Ororo made their way to the nearest manhole, and proceeded down into the sewers.

“I’ve got a lock on some movement,” Ororo said as she looked at the small digital location pad, attached to her wrists. She then looked up toward the direction the activity was coming and pointed. “That way.”

“Let’s go then.” Logan said as he moved off the way she had pointed.

“Logan.” Ororo called after him as she followed his path. “Should we not have a plan?” She asked as she now was in step with him.

“We do, we go in ask questions, and get answers.” He said as his claws popped out, again startling Ororo.

“Is that your solution to everything?” She asked casually.

“Yup.” He answered as he moved a little further ahead. When they turned the corner they both stop, frozen by the sight before them. The sewers were now filled with Mutants of every age, size, and breed. There were makeshift markets lining the tunnels and thousands of bodies walking about them. It was much like the bustling city above them.

“Maybe we should split up.” Ororo offered.

“I don’t know about that darlin, it would be easy for ya to get lost in all of that.” Logan said, and she simply rolled her eyes at him as she pushed by.

“I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself, I have been doing so since I was six years old. We can keep in contact through our communicators.” She said walking off into the crowd. Login regarded her for a moment wondering if he had heard right, but then shrugged it off and then headed in a different direction.

Nearly two hours had passed and Ororo had not found anyone who was really willing to speak with her, and those who had, had little to tell about the attacks. She had decided to find Logan and see if he had been able to find anything.

“Logan?” She spoke as she pressed the comlink on the collar of her suit. She heard a loud crash as a reply. “Logan what was that, are you all right?” She asked as she quickened her pace.

“Yeah, but I can’t talk right now, I’ll get back to ya. Logan out.” He said and then turned his attention back to the bar full of patrons, most unconscious on the floor, and the rest bloodied and now scared for their lives. “Now I’m gonna ask ya once more, who here knows about the attacks on those women?” At that moment a hooded figure in a far corner that Logan was working his way to spoke out.

“I know about which you speak my friend.” He said never showing his face. Logan moved to him, eyeing him suspiciously.

“So start talking, and I aint yer friend.” The seated man chuckled a bit.

“No, but you are a magnificent specimen, a very vicious and precise fighter. Strong, swift, and you have great healing powers.”

“Ok Bub, I’m not looking for a date just tell me about the attacks that happened down here recently.” Again the man chuckled as he stood.

“I have the answers you seek, but I do not wish to speak here, it’s too public, and as you already have discovered, mutants down here don’t take kindly to outsiders and their questions, but they are even more mean to those who chat with outsiders. If you will accompany me to my abode, just down the way.”

“Fine but I hope for your sake you make if worth my wild.” Logan said in a near growl as he followed the hooded man out.

“Oh I think you will find what I have for you quite enlightening, and it will be my pleasure to give it to you.” The man said as he now walked ahead of Logan, he lifted his head a bit and his glowing red eyes could be seen in the dark confines of the hood.

A half an hour later found Ororo in a panic as she now searched for Logan, who was not answering her calls. Just as she had given up and had decided to leave to get back up, she spotted him just at the entryway to the underground city. She rushed to him as he leaned against the wall, looking out over the moving crowd of mutants.

“Logan, there you are. What happened you didn’t answer my calls and I got worried. Is everything ok?” She asked as she stood before him, concern etched on her face. He looked at her with confused eyes as if he didn’t know who she was, nor that she was speaking to him. He began sniffing the air casually, which instantly put Ororo on guard she had learn in the near year she had known him, gone in to the field and into battle with him, that his nose was a defense in it’s own right, alerting Logan to any approaching dangers. “What is it?” She asked in a near whisper, as she let her eyes roamed about her, while her body remained fixed in its spot. Logan shook his head a bit as if attempting to clear it and then his eyes became focused on to her.

“Nuthin,”

“Well what happened, were you able to find out anything about the attacks?”

“No,” He hurriedly answered pushing himself off the wall.

“I too was unsuccessful. So what do we do now?”

“Leave,” Logan said as he turned and made his way back to the way they had come in, Ororo followed. “There aint nuthin we’re gonna find down here, and if anyone knows anything they aint telling us anyway.” He said over his shoulder. Ororo was in agreement and didn’t protest as she followed him back to the jet and headed home.

*******


“So, you were unable to uncover anything?” The professor asked as he Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Logan sat in his office.

“The two victims at the hospital were too traumatized to remember much, but they did have one thing in common. Their attackers were both guys that they knew, and trusted. One of the girls defended the guys, stating that he was not himself that he seemed almost possessed.” Jean stated as she sat in the seat between Scott and Ororo, as Logan leaned against a far wall watching her intensely.

“Yes and I found no one willing to really speak with me in the underground mutant city.” Ororo added and Logan shifted his gaze from Jean to her. Ororo caught his stare and shifted in her seat a bit, feeling an unease.

“Logan you received the same on your end?” The professor questioned.

“Yep, a goose chase just like I said before.” Logan answered now moving his eyes between the two women before him.

“Well, Scott and I did come across a person in our searches. We took video from the news where all of the attacks had occurred,” Xavier said as he then turned on the TV in his office and began playing the tapes. “Him.” He stopped the tape to show a hooded form mixed in with the crowd formed around the scene. “He seems to be in nearly every recording we watched, he’s the constant variable.”

“And do we know who he is?” Jean asked as she leaned in hoping to get a better look.

“No, but we are currently trying to enhance the photo, to get a better view of his face.”

“Problem is it’s going to take at the least twelve hours before it’s complete.” Scott added with a hint of frustration in his voice.

“Which means ‘you’ will still have to attend the party we were invited to.” Jean said with a knowing look in her eyes and a broad smile on her lips. “And how about you Logan will you be joining us?” She then turned her attention to the man who she hadn’t noticed had been gawking at her for some time now.

“Not my scene Red.” He stated simply still leering.

“Oh I think you’d look dashing in a tux.” Jean replied teasingly, which got both her and Ororo smiling. “Well I guess it’s just you me and the Professor then, seeing how our two resident party poopers aren’t coming.”

“As I already told you, I’m a little behind in my paper work and with finals coming up I have to prepare my lessons, maybe next time.” Ororo said.

“That’s what you always say, you do realize.” Jean said shooting Ororo a smile.

*******


She had been in her classroom grading papers and preparing her lecture for the next class when she had heard the crash. She instantly went in search of where the noise had come from. All the children were suppose to be in bed, but she figured one had come down for a snack or maybe to sneak and watch TV. Even so she moved wearily about the mansion, which was mostly dark. More crashes could be heard as she moved towards the kitchen, as she rounded the corner she found the room empty. She moved further into the kitchen towards the back where there were sliding doors, which lead out onto a patio and the opening of the gardens and nearby wooded area. She realized that’s where the noise was coming from. She moved out the doors where her eyes then instantly locked on to Logan who was on his knees, hunched over something.

“Logan,” Ororo called out as she moved closer to him, she noticed that his back instantly stiffened. “Why are you out here so late? What are you…” He turned to look at her with wild eyes. Ororo was shocked by what she saw, and her hands quickly moved to her mouth to stifle her oncoming screams. She looked down in horror at Logan’s blood smeared face, and gasped as she took notice of the dead fawn he held in his grip. Logan looked back at her as he clutched the dead animal closer to his chest, and growled. “Logan?” She repeated in a near whisper as fear now tugged at her heart, and she slowly took a step back. Logan sniffed the air and then locked eyes with Ororo. He let the fawn fall from his grasp as he slowly stood, stalking towards her...

“Logan?” She called out again as she began taking steps back. She knew she should turn and run but she didn’t want to turn her back on him. But she should have been watching her steps, for she stumbled and fell over one of the lounge chairs. Logan seized this opportunity, pouncing on her. “Ahhhh…” He muffled her cries with his hand, and lifted his gaze a bit and looked around wildly, as if looking to see if anyone had heard her. After a moment, he looked back to her and began to sniff her. With his hand firmly locked to her mouth he moved his nose to her neck, to her breast, and further down and in between her legs, which she tried to close, but he yanked them apart. He inhaled deeply and then gave a satisfied grunt. Logan pulled at Ororo, lifting her to her feet, with her back pressed to his front and his hand still against her mouth, he darted towards the woods, moving deep within them. Fear gripped Ororo, she struggled but it was futile. Her tears spilled from her eyes and down her face, but they were soon washed away by the sudden down pour of rain, courtesy of Ororo’s emotions. Suddenly Logan stopped and sniffed the air, as he turned around in a circle, then stopped. He released Ororo, pushing her to the ground, then kneeled beside her. He reached out and touched a strand of her white locks.

“Logan,” She cried in a near whisper. “What has happened, what’s wrong?” She could see that she was not reaching her friend. The eyes that now stared at her were not those of Logan’s, they were too primal and animalistic. He moved in closer to her, sniffing her again. He reached out and grasped her breast, and Ororo instinctively smacked his hand away, and was rewarded with a firm slap across her face, which stunned her and frightened her still. Logan now growled at her, and a great flash of lightning lit up the sky. He reached for her again, but this time with urgency and ferociousness and she whined at his brutal embrace of her arm.

SNIKT!

One of his claws extracted and cut at Ororo’s blouse and she didn’t dare move. “Logan, please.” She cried as the rain continued to pour on them.

“Smell good.” Logan said. And then moved his claw to her bra, cutting that away as well. Ororo’s breasts now fell freely from the open garments. Logan quickly moved and sucked a nipple into his mouth, and suckling it hardily, and painfully so. Again Ororo whined from the pain and tried to push him off. She wanted to scream out, to yell for help, but she knew no one else was home, except the children. She was afraid of what Logan might do to them if they came to her aid, also what they may do to Logan to protect her. Her natural instinct was to fry him with a bolt of lightning but again, she didn’t want to hurt Logan, especially if he had no control over what he was doing, and she now saw, that this was not Logan that he was being possessed by outside forces. So she did nothing but cried and tried to reason with him. “Please Logan…fight this.” He ignored her and pushed her back to the ground, still latched onto her breast, moving from one to the other. She cried out in pain as he began biting at her nipples. His hands roamed over her body with urgency. He pulled at her skirt, yanking it up.

“Uhhhgg…” She grunted as he ripped away her panties, and then swiftly pushed his fingers inside her. “Ohhhhh…Unnnn.” She squeezed her eyes shut she had never felt this kind of pain, never been touched in such a manner, in that place. Logan removed his fingers and lifted his mouth from her now swollen breast. He put his wet fingers in his mouth and sucked her Juices from them.

“Taste good.” Logan mumbled as he moved his hands to his zipper and started to unfasten his pants. Ororo’s eye’s widened slightly as realization finally settled into her head at Logan’s intentions. Her eyes grew even wider once Logan fully freed his now swollen member from his pants. He settled between her thighs, using his knee to roughly spread her further. Ororo didn’t have time to prepare herself before Logan impaled her swiftly and viciously. “AHHHHHHHHHH!!” Ororo screamed but was drowned out by the sudden rumbles of thunder, which crashed around them. She become like a wild animal now, pulling, scratching and biting at Logan, wanting to stop him, his assault on her body, and the extreme pain it was causing her. Ororo felt like her womb was on fire and being ripped apart.

“Oh Goddess help me!” Ororo wailed as Logan continued thrusting into her, and just as she realized that he had not completely entered, that there was more, she passed out from the blinding pain.

******


Her heavy eyes opened and looked up at the star filled sky. Her mind seemed to be in another place as her senses were coming back to her in slow motion. She felt a heavy weight on her, leaving her a bit breathless. She became aware of something rough rubbing against her back up, down, up, down, and a very painful and near numbing ache between her legs. Then her hearing came back as soft growls and grunts began to fill her ears, and hot breaths sprayed against her neck. She tried to move only to have her hair yanked, forcing her head back a bit. So she remained completely still as her memory started coming back to her. She knew she had been lying there for awhile, by the raw burning that came from between her legs, she was swollen nearly shut, but that wasn’t stopping Logan, who still pumped in and out of her, now at an increasing rate, Faster, Harder, Deeper. Ororo clenched her teeth and fisted her hands into the ground, knowing that Logan was nearing his released and would soon be done with her, or so she hoped. And just when She thought she might pass out again, Logan gave a final fierce thrust. “Grrrraaahhhh!” He roared and then bit into Ororo’s throat.

“Ahhhhhhh!” She screamed, digging her fingers deeper into the ground. Logan stopped biting her and went about licking her wound. Ororo moaned in pain, her body ached all over. Logan rolled off of her, lying on the ground beside her, on his back. Ororo wearily moved to sit up and again groaned as the pain sliced through her. She slowly sat up and began straightening her clothes, what was left of them. She pulled her skirt down and could feel a warm sticky fluid between her legs and down her thighs. She knew it was a mixture of Logan’s seed and her own blood. On unsteady legs she stood and stumbled out of the woods, Logan made no move to stop her as he continued to lie on the wet, muddy ground. Ororo had decided to fly up to her room, in case the others were back home. She didn’t want them to see her, not like this. Once she was in her room she moved to her bathroom and began to run herself a hot bath. When she started the water she moved to the mirror and looked into the face of a dirty, bloody faced woman with red, swollen eyes. Her tears began again as she crumbled to the floor, curling up into a ball as she cried.

*******


“What tha Fuck.” He mumbled as he sat up, looking around at his surroundings. “How tha hell did I get out here?” He wondered as he now stood. He looked down at his pants, which were still unfastened, and then to his hands which, were covered with mud and something else he wasn’t sure of, and so he lifted his hands to his nose and sniffed. His face burrowed in confusion, he knew the smell of blood all to well, but didn’t know how it had gotten on his hands or whom it belonged to. Logan decided to sneak back into the house, it was about an hour or so before dawn, so there was probably no one up yet.

He made his way out of the woods and back towards the patio, he suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. A familiar scent hit his nostrils, and he moved towards it. Logan walked up on the dead fawn, which had its throat torn out, and he knew he had been the one that had done it. “What tha fuck?”

*******


“And you don’t know what happened?”

“Well if I did I would have come to you with it.” Logan gruffed with his arms folded across his chest. “And if I had a known you were gonna get the super friends in on it I wouldn’t have shared.”

“Logan, you know we are a team here. If we are to find out what happened to you and why, we need to work together as a team.” Xavier stated. “Speaking of which,” He then turned to Scott who sat at the conference table with he and Logan. “Where are Jean and Ororo?”

“Jean went to get Ororo, she didn’t come down to breakfast this morning.” Scott said as Xavier nodded.

*******


“Ororo!” Jean knocked at the door, growing more concerned when she didn’t get a response. “Storm are you in there?”

She was still sitting the tub, where she had been all night, trying to wash away the events of the previous night, hoping that no one could tell. She had been crying when she heard Jean calling and knocking at her door. She hurriedly sniffed back her tears and put up a wall in her mind, to lock Jean and hopefully the professor out. “Ah…Coming Jean!” She finally replied, which greatly relieved Jean.

“Hey I thought something had happened, you didn’t come down to breakfast.” Jean called through the door. Ororo was now going through her closet looking for something to wear.

“Ah…I was up very late grading papers, I guess I was more tired then I thought. Must have over slept. I shall be down in a moment.”

“Ok, but the professor wants us in the conference room. Last night something happened to Logan,” Ororo instantly froze and her heart began pounding in her chest and her ears. “He doesn’t remember what exactly, but he said that he killed some deer, but doesn’t remember why, nor much of anything else about last night.” A sudden relief came over Ororo at this news. If Logan didn’t remember then she could pretend it never happened and no one would ever have to know.

“I’ll be just a moment.” Ororo said as she tied a scarf around her badly bruised neck.

*******


“Well first I want to run some tests on you Logan. Do a complete tox screen. To see if you were drugged.” Jean said just as Ororo entered the room.

“Ah Ororo there you are.” The Professor greeted as she moved and took the seat near him, and across from Logan. She faked a sweet smile.

“I’m sorry I’m late professor.”

“It’s quite all right, Jean told us you were up late with school work. You know you shouldn’t work so had.” Again she gave a warm smile.

“So what did I miss?” Ororo asked as she looked from the Professor to Jean, carefully avoiding Logan’s eyes, which she knew and could feel burning into her. He watched her with confused eyes, and instinctively sniffed at the air and caught another familiar scent, but couldn’t place it.

“I was just saying that I think the first thing we need to do is run tests on Logan, and I’m going to need your help.” Jean said to Ororo, who in turn just nodded, though the thought didn’t sit well with her. “I think we should run tests on you as well Ororo.” This caused Ororo’s eyes to widen.

“Me, why?”

“Well it’s logical to conclude that whatever happened to Logan is due to something that occurred to him while you guys were in the underground mutant city. So it could have happened to you as well.”

“But I can remember all that I did last night. I don’t think it is necessary.”

“Well, just to be on the safe…”

“I said No!” Ororo exclaimed louder then she had intended, but the thought of Jean probing her, and discovering her abuse caused her great fear, so much so she found that she was now trembling. All eyes were on her, filled with both alarm and concern.

“Ok, but if you feel strange at all I want you to come to the lab.” Jean said.

“I will, but I really am fine.”

*******


“Who is your latest test Subject?” The young woman asked as she stood over the man seated at the computer terminals, looking over some mutant’s files. He pushed a button and opened a file. “Logan, a.k.a. the Wolverine.” The woman read the file. “Well there isn’t much to go on, his file is virtually empty.”

“Yes, Madeline, save two important factors. He is seemingly immortal like myself. It is unknown how old he really is. Also he has an incredible heal ability.”

“Like you as well.” Madeline stated and the man simply nodded as he studied the picture of Logan in the file. “And when will we know if he is a successful subject?”

“Soon, I have someone on the inside, watching.” At that moment the phone rang and the man answered. “I see, thank you and keep me posted.” He hung up the phone and turned to smile at the woman at his side. “It seems the seed has been planted. Last night Logan attacked some wild animal.”

“So.”

“He was acting on his primal instincts. His programming reverted him back to a mere Neanderthal, whose basic drive was to hunt and reproduce. And I’m quiet sure he has done both, since my source tells me that he seems back to normal, but remembers nothing of what happened.”

“So whom did he procreate with?”

“That, my source didn’t know, but if all goes well in time we will know for sure. I’m patient, I’m immortal I have all the time in the world.” The man smiled and his red eyes flashed.

*******


“Logan, I’ll meet you in the lab in say an hour? I have a class in ten minutes.” Jean said as everyone now stood from the table and began making their way to leave. All except Logan who stood across from Ororo, watching her intensely. Ororo noticed his stared and instantly became uneasy. “Logan, did you hear me?”

“Yeah I heard ya red, I’ll be there.” He replied never letting his eyes leave Ororo, who was now hurrying after the others, who were making their way out. “Ro,” Logan called to her as he grasped her arm, and she quickly jumped back from his grip. “Whoa darlin,” Logan said throwing his hands in the air to show he was no threat. He then sniffed the air as his nostrils caught a whiff of another familiar sent; Ororo’s fear, and his mind began to flash with images from the previous night. “Oh God,” He mumbled as Ororo now watched him with tear-filled eyes. “What happened?” Logan asked in a low tone that sent panic throughout Ororo’s body and she began to tremble as a clap of thunder could be heard outside.

“I don’t know.” She answered in a near whisper, taking a step back.

“Di...Did I hurt ya, cause I can’t remember.” He asked. Ororo didn’t answer him but let her eyes drop as her tears now flowed freely from them. Logan moved to her swiftly grabbing her arms. “Ro!” He spoke in a near growl.

“Owww!” She whined trembling nearly uncontrollably now. Logan eyed her suspiciously and then began pulling up her sleeves. What he saw covering her arms caused him to growl deep in his throat. He released her and stepped back.

“Did I do that to ya?” He asked his own eyes watering now in rage at the thought that he may have harmed her in some way. “I don’t remember anything about last night. Ro, please tell me what I did.”

“I don’t think it was you…I mean it was your body but it was like you were possessed. Like you were some kind of animal.”

“What did I do?” he asked again as he lifted his trembling hand towards the scarf she had tied around her neck. Ororo instinctively raised her own hand to stop him, but he batted it away, and then began undoing the knot in the scarf. Once free of its bending, Logan pulled the scarf from Ororo’s long, slender neck. Logan jumped back at the sight before him. Ororo opened her mouth to explain, only to be cut off by Logan. “I did that to ya. God Ro, the only time I’ve ever wanted to do that…” His statement ended as he now looked up at Ororo with fright filled eyes.

“Logan I think we should finish this in private.” She said as the students began to fill the hallway. “Come with me.” She reached for him, and he quickly jerked back as if her touch would burn him. “Please Logan, come to my office…”

“No, too closed off. I can’t be alone with you not after…what did I do Ro…did I…”

“My garden then, it’s out in the open but private enough.” She said as she turned and headed out, after a moment to let everything sink in, and to swallow down his rage at himself, Logan followed her trek out to the garden.

*******


“And when I thought you to be asleep I got up and made my way back to the mansion.” Ororo finished as she stared down at her hands, which she fiddled in her lap, as she sat on the bench across from the one Logan sat on. “But Logan it wasn’t you, I know that, I knew it then as much as I know now. So please don’t blame yourself.” He shot her a dangerous glare, silencing her.

“Don’t blame myself…huh,” Logan grunted as he stood and stalked away. “OK, then I’m gonna go find someone else to blame then.”

“Logan wait!” Ororo called out to deafened ears as Logan stalked off.

*******


“Man I’ve told you I don’t know who you’re talking about.” The bloodied man spoke through a busted mouth and chipped teeth, to the man that gripped him by his collar.

“Maybe you’re not getting the point,” SNIKT! “Ya memory clearing up any now?”

“He’s told you man, just like all these others you’ve cleaned the floor with. He don’t know anything.” The bar keeper spoke from behind the bar, where he had taken refuge from the vicious attacker that had come in like a hurricane and torn up the place. Logan glared over his shoulders at the barkeeper, throwing the now unconscious man in his grips to the floor, Logan then turned and moved swiftly to the barkeeper.

“Then, why don’t you tell me somethin…” Logan said to the wide-eyed man behind the bar.

“Maybe…”A voice spoke from over Logan’s shoulder and he instinctively turned to face a cloaked man with his face hidden in a hooding. “I can be of help.”

“You!” Logan roared, crouching, readying to pounce. “You did somethin ta me, and I hurt Ro. What the hell did ya do ta me!” Logan yelled as he leaped at the man, who seemed unafraid. Logan lashed out, his claws connecting with the man’s arm, as he raised it to block his attacker. The man then backhanded Logan, sending him crashing through a far wall.

“Really, violence isn’t necessary and really not very productive.” The man spoke softly as he walked through the hole in the wall he had thrown Logan through. “Allow me to introduce myself, I am Dr. Essex. Nathaniel Essex but you can call me Sinister.”

“I don’t care who ya are…you’re just a dead man ta me.” Logan said as he jumped at the man again, only to be smacked back, again.

“Really I had hope we could be civil. You see I need information from you about our little experiment, and I had hope you’d give it to me willingly, but I’m content with taking it too.” Sinister said, waving his hand. Two more hooded forms stepped from the crowd that had gathered and ascended on Logan’s limp form, which lay where it fell. Suddenly a great gush of wind formed around the hooded forms, sending them flying back as well as the surrounding crowd. Sinister turned to face their yet unseen attacker just as Storm landed and stepped in between he and Logan.

“Ro, get outta here.” Logan commanded through a groan, but Storm seemed as if she hadn’t heard him. Her eyes still glowed white as her hands crackled with lightning, as she raised them and struck Sinister with a blast, sending him back through the hole in the wall, and out the another far wall. She then quickly moved to Logan, helping him to his feet and then lifting them both into the air, as she flew them back to the jet Logan had taken. Sinister quickly regained his bearings, and stood as he watched the retreating beings in awe, and with a very satisfied smile on his lips.

“The Weather Witch…excellent, even better then I had hoped.” Sinister said with a chuckle, which soon turned into a full on laugh.

*******


“What the hell did ya think ya were doing?” Logan asked in rage as he and Storm sat in the safe confines of the jet.

“One could ask you the same, Logan.” Ororo answered as she started up the jet and made ready for a hasty retreat, assuming that Logan’s attackers might be right after them. “Why did you come back here?”

“Looking for answers, takin your advice about who to blame for what I did to ya.” Logan said, speaking the last part in a low tone, finding it a difficult concept to understand, let alone speak.

“And I take it you found him, the hooded man?” Ororo asked as he lifted the jet into the air and began their trek home.

“He’s no man, he’s mutant. I took a chunk outta his arm and he acted like it didn’t faze him. He must have a healing factor.”

“Like yours?”

“Only if ya multiply it times a hundred, yeah.” Logan said in a huff. “And he’s strong too.”

“So did he tell you what he has done to you?”

“No, in fact he was expecting me to tell him, what was happening to me. Least now I know for sure that something was done.” Logan said as he slammed his fist down upon the console, startling Ororo a bit. “Sorry darlin, it’s just I’ve had enough of people probing and prodding me, without my knowledge and say so.” Ororo gave him a sad smile, understanding how difficult Logan’s past, and the lack of memory of it, had affected him.

“I’m sorry Logan.”

“Please don’t apologize ta me…ever. Not after what…what I done to ya.” He said letting his head hang low.

“Logan, it was not your fault. Like you just said you were being controlled by outside elements.”

“Yeah, but for what?”

“I do not know, but you mustn’t continue to blame yourself, I assure you I do not blame you. I could see it was not you, I knew in my heart.”

“Doesn’t change the facts Ro. I raped ya, I hurt ya, and I can’t tell ya how it makes me feel knowing that, seeing it in my head. I just don’t have the words…sorry just don’t seem ta be enough.”

“We’ll get through this Logan, just you and me. Together we’ll get through it. And now we have a starting point, we know the who, now we must discover the why.”

“I suppose we have to get the super friends involved.”

“Yes I think that would be best, if we are to find a way to stop this mutant, and keep him from doing to another what he’s done to you, and obviously has done to those other mutants we were investigating. But Logan, I won’t tell them about...you know, what happened with us, that’s just between you and I.”

“If that’s the way ya want it Ro, but if I had my way, I’d vote for castration. I’d do it myself if I had the nerve to.” Ororo chuckled a bit at this despite herself. “I’m being serious.” He said looking at her in all sincerity. Both got quite as they reached the mansion’s landing pad. “So, why didn’t ya tell me ya could fly?” Logan attempted to change the gloomy subject they had just been discussing.

“I can’t actually, I just manipulate the air around me, like what I did with you on the Statue of Liberty to save Rogue.”

“Hmph, ya looked more graceful and beautiful then I did.”

“Well I’ve had a lot of practice.” Ororo said as they stepped from the jet. “There’s a lot you don’t know about me Logan, and now a lot you do. As for my powers the Professor says I’m one of the most powerful mutants in the world. Quite unique.”

“Unique?”

“Yes most mutants share the same or similar powers, skills, like you and this mystery mutant, and your healing abilities. Well, there is none other like myself, with control over mother nature.”

“Does it scare ya, having that much power?”

“Sometimes only because it’s linked to my emotions. So I have to be careful expressing my feelings, and sometimes, in doing so I come off as being cold…a bitch, as some have called me. But that’s the way I have to be, because the alternative could be deadly.” Logan nodded his head in understanding.

“So why didn’t ya zap me?” He asked confusing Ororo a bit with the question. “When I attacked ya, ya could have easily taken me out. Why didn’t ya?”

“I did not wish to hurt you. You are, from head to toe, filled with metal, great conductor for lightning. Even a light blast would have most likely killed you. I did not, I do not wish you death Logan, and especially knowing that it was not your fault.” Logan hung his head to this still unable to see how it wasn’t his fault. “Logan,” Ororo’s now soft voice forced Logan to look up at her. “If you need to hear me tell you I forgive you, then I shall say so. I. Forgive. You. Please know that what happened has not made me hate you or afraid of you.” Logan eyed her questioningly. “Well no more then I did before, and only because I have never been close to a man like you before, so full of rage and so open about it. That is what I find a bit terrifying, the Wolverine but not you Logan. Not the man. Now let’s go to the professor and fill him in, and see what we can come up with.” Ororo said as she and Logan made their way through the Mansion’s Foyer.

*******


“So your mission was not successful?” The young woman asked the man sitting at the desk before her.

“Oh quite the contrary.” Sinister said with a wide smile on his face. “It seems that things have gone better then I had expected them too. Now we wait and see how things play out. If they go as I expect and hope them too, we will soon have a mutant more powerful then any the world has ever seen. A beauty and a beast all in one.”



***Present day***




“What? What is it?” She asked nervously to the man who gripped her wrist, holding her behind him as he sniffed the night air. “Is there someone following us?” She questioned as she herself now scanned their surrounding.

“Naw, just thought I heard something, sides this place is like Fort Knox, and it’s a good thing they haven’t revoked our pass card yet, or otherwise we’d be greeted with fireworks by now.”

“Yes, it would appear that our return was perhaps expected.”

“Ro, I still aint sure this is such a good idea.” Logan said as he turned to face her, raking his fingers roughly through his hair.”

“What other choice do we have, Sinister got real close this time Logan.”

“Yeah, too close.” Logan said as he stared down at the sleeping face of his daughter. “Ok so, let’s get this over with, hopefully they have found something helpful.”

*******


“Why didn’t you tell us, we could have helped?”

“I’m sorry professor, at the time we thought it to be the best recourse.” Ororo apologized as she, Logan, the Professor, Jean, and Rogue sat around the professor’s office.

“Oh she’s so cute. Miss Munroe she’s got your eyes.” The young girl said as she gently rocked the child in her arms. “And Logan, you’re hair.”

“Hmph.” Was Logan’s reply as he peered out the window blinds.

“I assure you Logan you’re safe here.” The Professor spoke softly.

“No offense chuck, but I aint taken no chances, you aint seen the lengths Sinister has gone to get us.”

“And why does he want you anyway?” Rogue asked as she settled the baby back in her mother’s arms.

“He’s not really after us, as in Logan and I. Not as much as he’s after Nyha.” Ororo said as she stared down at her daughter with concerned.

“Nyha, aww that’s pretty.” Rogue said with a goofy smile on her face.

“How old is she now?” Jean asked as she came behind Ororo to look down adoringly at the wide-eyed baby.

“Four months.” Ororo answered.

“Four months, but…” Rogue started to ask as Ororo cut her off.

“She was a bit earlier then expected, but healthy, thank Goddess for her father’s heal factor.”

“I’m still a little lost, I mean I wasn’t even aware that you and Logan were seeing each other.” Jean said causing Logan to shift uncomfortably, not wishing to discuss the actions that brought about the conception of his daughter.

“Well, Sinister had a little to do with it actually. Whatever he did to Logan it made him…”

“A horn dog?” Rogue interjected with a playful smile causing Logan to clench his jaws in anger at the banter made of the situation.

“Uhm, yes,” Ororo continued. “And I reciprocated and well, here we are.” Ororo lied but seemingly convinced the others. “We think his objective was the hope that Logan would conceive a child, a mutant. Sinister, is an expert in genetics, and has built his life around creating the perfect mutant.”

“How do you know that, our research on him didn’t reveal much about him.” Jean said.

“No, but he has extensive files on himself and his work, all at his compound.” Logan said. “When we visited it this was all we were able to get.” He said holding out a disk to the Professor. “But it lays out everything.”

“You two visited his compound when exactly?”

“When we got a big piece of the puzzle on why he had experimented on me and those others mutants.” Logan said.



***Ten Months earlier***




“Morning Miss Munroe.” The girl said to the person she nearly ran into as she walked the hallway.

“Ah, good morning Mar…Rogue.” Ororo said with a smile as she stepped from the bathroom.

“Ya alright. Ya don’t look so good.”

“I’m fine, just a little under the weather I suppose.” Ororo said invoking a giggle from Rogue.

“Ah’m sorry, it just the weather Goddess saying she’s under the weather…kind of funny.” Rogue went about explaining. “At least it sounded funny in my head, but now that Ah’ve said it aloud…”

“I understand.” Ororo said. “We should get to breakfast now, come.” The two walked down to the dining room where everyone else were already seated at the table.

“Morning Ororo, Marie.” The Professor was the first to greet them.

“Ah wish ya would call me Rogue Professor, Ah like that name better.”

“I will try to remember that Mar…ah Rogue.” The professor said as Rogue and Ororo took their seats; Rogue’s beside Bobby and Ororo’s across from Logan, who watched her intensely as she avoided his gaze.

“Now that everyone is here, we can eat.” At the professor’s words the bodies at the table, which were mostly teenagers began digging in and striking their usual conversations. The bowls and plates full of food were past about. Ororo smiled weakly at Jean as she took a plate of bacon from Jean’s hands. Ororo swallowed back the water that had formed in her mouth as she placed two strips of the bacon onto her plate.

“You ok Ro?” Logan asked in a low gruff but loud enough for Ororo to hear it but no one else. She looked up at his concerned eyes and smiled at him sweetly. It had been nearly a month since Logan’s attack on her and ever since they had bonded through their healing process. Logan, as Ororo has constantly told him, had grown quite over protective of her. He however hadn’t told her it was due to the fact that on a primal, animalistic level they were now mated. He didn’t want to frighten her so he hadn’t explained to her what his biting her had really meant.

“I am fine, but I think I may coming down with a bug of sort.” She said still smiling, which instantly turned to a frown as a plateful of eggs were placed before her. She cupped her hand to her mouth and swiftly stood from the table and rush from the room, leaving everyone to look after her with concerned. Logan then coolly pushed himself from the table, waving off Jean, who was already on her way out to check on Ororo, as he set out to do the same.

“I got it Red.” He said over his shoulder as he disappeared from the room. Logan hadn’t bother stopping to the bathroom in the hall, although he knew she had been in there and since gone up to her room, he could smell her there. He made his way up to her Attic loft, taking a deep breath at the door, before knocking on it. “Ro, can I come in?”

“Yes Logan, come in.” She spoke softly after a moment of silence. He stepped into the room, gentle closing the door behind him. He found Ororo sitting on the floor, leaning against her bed with a wastebasket in between her legs.

“How ya feelin Darlin?” He asked as he came and stood in front of her, folding his arms across his chest, not knowing what else to do.

“Not too good I’m afraid.”

“Somethin I can do ta help?” Logan offered earning him another sweet smile from Ororo.

“No, it’s been done.” Ororo said simply with a sigh as she looked down at her feet, avoiding his eyes again, as he watched her in confusion. “Logan, I’m late.” She said finally looking up at him as he continued to watched her in confusion. “I think I may be pregnant.”

They had been sitting silently across from each other for nearly thirty minutes, Ororo still in her spot by the bed, with Logan seated with his back to the door, and knees bent. Both awaiting the other’s reply, and both too scared to speak first. But Ororo, ever the brave one took a deep breath and sighed heavily before finally speaking the first thing that came to her mind.

“Say something, Logan.” She said looking at him now with pleading eyes.

“That’s what he meant by, ‘our little experiment’.” Logan spoke more to himself then in response to Ororo.

“What?” She asked quite confused.

“Sinister, that’s what he told me…he wanted to discuss the experiment.”

“What experiment, and what does that have to do with this. I mean did you even hear me Logan, I maybe pregnant as in going to have a baby.”

“Yea, I heard ya Ro, and what I’m telling ya it has everything to do with it.” Logan said getting an even more confused look from Ororo. “Remember what the Professor research pulled up on this Sinister aka Dr Essex?”

“Yes a little, he’s very old and a doctor practicing in genetics.”

“Right, think about it, those mutants that attacked those women, and me attacking you. I think that’s what we were programmed to do. All those women were raped…like you.” Logan said, speaking the last part low, still disgusted by the thought.

“Logan, don’t…”

“I’m just statin facts Ro. What if we attacked merely to reproduce?”

“Those men were mutants as were the women.” Ororo said leaning forward, beginning to understand Logan’s train of thought. “And it has been determined that the most powerful mutants are those considered ‘pure bred’, having both parents that are mutants. I myself am the product of such lineage.”

“That’s it, this Sinister guy is looking to create the perfect, most powerful mutants.”

“But what if you’re wrong, and if you’re right why is he doing it?”

“That’s what I’m gonna find out.” Logan said as he began to stand. Ororo followed suit, trying to stand causing Logan to move to her quickly helping her to her feet. “Careful Ro.” He said as he looked at her with concern.

“I was simply standing Logan.”

“Yeah, but you know…now that…”

“If I am, it would be so small now that you couldn’t even see it with the naked eyes.” Ororo assured as she shooed Logan’s hands away. “So what are we going to do?”

“We? We aint doing nothing, I’m going back to the Mutant city an see if I can find this Sinister guy or one of his dogs, and hopefully they will lead me back to where ever his lab is. Hopefully I can get in and get some info on what he’s doing exactly.”

“Well I’m going with you.”

“No way. Forget it, especially not now that you’ve got my kid growing inside ya.” Logan said in a near growl.

“’Your’ kid,” Ororo said glaring at Logan as a rumbling of thunder could be heard outside. “This is my child too, and I would never do anything to endanger it. And besides we don’t even know for sure that I am.”

“Ya are, I know fer sure. I’ve been noticing something was off with ya, just couldn't put my finger on it til now.”

“What, How could you know?”

“Yer heart beat, ya have two of them and one is faster then the other, I can hear it now clearly. Before I thought I was just hearing things, it never even occurred to me that ya might be Pregnant.” Logan said now looking down. “God I’m so sorry Ro.”

“Logan please, I thought we had moved passed this. You know it was not your fault, and that I never blamed you. Goddess if I did, do you think I’d want to be this close to you, that I’d allow you here in my room, that I’d be so happy about this baby.” She said speaking the last part softly, and causing Logan to look at her questioningly.

“Ya mean ya wanna keep it?”

“Of course I do, why...don’t you?” she asked nervously.

“Never thought about it really, never seen my self as father material. I gotta lotta baggage Ro; you know this, now better then anyone. And Lord knows I aint the touchy feely type, Just don’t go around sharin my feelins, so I don’t know if I can give this kid what it needs.”

“Logan, you just described the fears all expectant fathers have. Over the past month or so, I have gotten to know you Logan, the real you that you hide from everyone else. And I think…no I know you will be a wonderful father. Besides, it’s not like we have much choice in the matter anymore.” Ororo said as she let her hand rest against her still firm stomach. “She’s here now, all we can do is love and protect her.”

“Humph…what makes ya so damned sure it’s a girl?” Logan said with a small smile on his lips as he looked at the spot Ororo’s hand covered.

“I can just tell.” She answered smiling. “Now when do we leave out for the Mutant City and do we tell the others?”

“One, you aint goin, and two I don’t want anyone to know about the baby. Keepin it secret maybe be our best line of defense from Sinister.”

“Logan I’m going…You can’t stop me, I’ll just follow you like I did before.” Ororo said folding her arms against her chest defiantly.

*******


“Mmmmmnhnhnh…”

“Sorry darlin, but it’s fer ya own good. Ya got the little one to look out fer now, and what kind of man would I be if I let my pregnant mate go out into a possibly dangerous situation. These aren’t too tight are they?” Logan asked as he gently tugged at the restraints made of sheets that he had tied Ororo to her bed with. Ororo, now suddenly calm, simply shook her head no. Ororo now sat quietly on the bed just watching Logan, and wondering what his words meant; his ‘mate’.



***Present Day***




“My God he’s been doing studies and testing on mutants for decades.” Xavier said as he read over the files up on the computer screen, from the discs Logan had given him. “There’s even mention of you two, Scott and Jean.”

“US?” Scott said in wonderment as he and Jean both moved closer to read over the professor’s shoulders. “We were candidates?” Scott said in disbelief as he read the files.

“Oh my God.” Jean gasped.

“So it seems Sinister already knows a great deal about us, and has for awhile now.” The professor stated.

“We were the targets,” Jean said in a near whisper.

“Yeah but I got in the way, he was watchin me when I visited the Mutant City, I know that now. He saw something that appealed to him. His intent was programmin me was to get to you Jean, which he had already planned to do, but using One eye instead.” Logan said nodding towards Jean. “It’s all in the files. What he hadn’t counted on was my primal nature, it overwrote his initial programmin, and went on instinct, which led me ta Ro instead of you Jean.” Logan said as he now stood over Ororo, who was nursing their daughter, who was hidden in the dark shawl Ororo still wore.

“But why?” Scott questioned. “Why did your primal side want to attack Ororo?”

“Not ta attack, but ta claim her…She was fresher.” Logan said without further explanation.

“Logan means, I hadn’t had but one lover before hand, and that had been a brief encounter.” Ororo said. “So I was more appealing to him as a mate.”

“Oh.” Jean spoke, slightly red-faced.

“And you two have been running all this time because you figured he would be after your child.” Xavier said as he stared at the raven-haired child that Ororo now gently held against her chest, slowly rubbing her small back.

“Yeah, I figa we had the advantage because no one knew about her but us. So we’d be safe…she’d be safe, but I had to make sure of it. So we left without word.”



**Ten months before***




He had entered the mansion without a sound, and made he way upstairs. He reached his destination and swiftly entered the door before him, closing it gently behind him. Even with only the moonlight shining through the window, he could make out the sleeping form still lying on the bed, still tied securely. ‘Why hadn’t she called to Jean for help?” Logan wondered as he moved to her, watching her sleep, and for the first time noticing just how breathtaking she was.

SNIKT!!

The sound awoke the sleeping beauty who now lay staring wide-eyed into the darkness.

“Its ok darlin, its just me.” Logan said softly and he began to cut her bindings.

“Logan.” Ororo spoke softly, taking a cue from him, as she rubbed at her wrists, which were a bit chaste. “What time is it, how long have you been gone, and what did you find out?” She rambled off the questioned.

“Shhh...I’ll tell ya later. Right now we need to go.” He said as he moved to her dresser, opening the drawers, and pulling out clothes.

“What do you mean go...What are you doing...Logan?” Ororo continued to question as Logan continued to throw her things into a large bag he had found in her closet.

“Ro, now aint the time…we gotta go and go now…Gotta keep her safe.” He said never stopping his movements.

“Keep who safe, “Ororo asked and then her eyes grew large as realization struck. “The baby, you found something about the baby, what?” She asked growing panicked.

“Look Ro,” Logan stopped the packing and turned to her, grasping her arms firmly, but not enough to hurt her. “I found Sinister’s lab, I got inside and I got some files on discs, which I’ll show ya later, but for right now ya gotta trust me darlin, cause from here on out it’s just us, and if we’re gonna get through this, all of us,” he placed one of his hands over Ororo’s stomach. “Yer gonna have ta trust me, and without question, meanin when I say we gotta move, ya do it without questions, ok.” Ororo simply nodded her head, and began helping Logan with the packing.

They had finished gathering the essentials and had left the mansion in Logan’s new Jeep Cherokee, which he had explained as being part of their new lives, and completely legit.

“We didn’t get any of your belongs.” Ororo said after they had already driven a dozen miles from the mansion.

“I keep spares in my car, I grabbed them before I came in to get you.” Logan said never taking his eye from the darkened road.

“Oh,” Ororo replied as they again fell into silence. “I think maybe we should have told the Pro…”

“No!” Logan snapped. “Ro you can’t ever contact the Professor, or Jean, or anyone else in the house. Do ya hear me. No one in the house.”

“But why, they are our friends and they maybe able to help us.”

“Sinister’s got someone on the inside, a spy.”

“What…at the school. Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Then we have to warn the others…”

“They aint there for tha others, they were there to watch us, it’s all in the files I have. And it could very well be Jean, Scott or the Professor for we know, and I aint taken no chances. Whoever they are they’ve been watchin even before I attacked ya. Going back a couple of years.”

“Goddess…” Ororo said in disbelief.

“If we tip the others, it might tip them and then Sinister, and I want to get a good head start before Sinister even has a clue were gone.”

*******


“Her room’s nearly bare, most of her clothes are gone.” Jean announced as she made her way into the Professor’s office. It had been seven hours already since they had discovered that Ororo was missing. Logan’s disappearance was nothing of interest, since it was somewhat of routine for him, no one thought to put the two together.

“Well I guess that rules out a kidnapping, right.” Scott said.

“Yes it would seem that Ororo left on her own accord, but why?” Xavier said, more as a question to himself then anyone else.

“So what do we do, began a search? I’ve already tried contacting her telepathically, but got nothing.” Jean said, eager to learn of what had happened to her best friend.

“Yes I too have tried and failed, we should search but discreetly. From what you’ve said she left in a hurry…I’ll check with Cerebro, and see what I can come up with.”

*******


“Here we are Ro, it aint the Ritz but it’s clean.” Logan said as he entered the motel room, carrying their bags. They had driven all night, wanting to put as much distance between them and New York, which got them as far as Butner, North Carolina. Ororo hurriedly entered behind him.

“So long as it has a rest room,” She said as she rushed to it, closing the door behind her. Within seconds sounds of her vomiting filled the room. Logan did a quick sweep of the room, and then left out again making his way to the diner just across from their room. He quickly got them some breakfast, a semi feast, and then made a hasty return to their room, to find that Ororo was still in the bathroom, but from the sounds of it was now showering. After several moments Ororo walked out of the bathroom, wearing one of Logan’s large t-shirts, which he eyed with interest.

“I hope you do not mind, you did not pack any of my nightgowns.” She spoke shyly as she now sat at the head of the bed, opposite of Logan who sat at the foot.

“Naw, looks better on you then it ever has on me.” He said as he began pulling their food from the bag, not noticing the blush now on Ororo’s cheeks. “So how ya feelin, better?”

“Yes much thank you, morning sickness. I think it’s suppose to occur.” She answered and Logan nodded at her.

“Well, I didn’t really know what you'd like, so I got a little of everything. So eat up.” He ordered and Ororo eagerly dove into the food before her, quite hungrily. They sat silently eating until Logan began assessing their current situation. “After we eat, we’ll rest up for a few hours then were on the road again.”

“To where?” Ororo mumbled over a mouthful of eggs.

“Don’t know yet, never planned this sort of thing out before, usually I just get in my car and drive. Where ever I end up, is where I end up.”

“Sounds adventurous.” Ororo said as she wiped at her mouth and then took a sip of the orange juice Logan had brought her.

“Yeah but damned lonely.” Logan replied sincerely.

“Well you’re not alone now.” Ororo said with a sweet smile, causing Logan to grin despite his effort not to.

“Naw, I guess not.”

“So, tell me exactly what you found at this Lab.” Ororo said putting another forkful of eggs into her mouth.

“It’ll keep, ya need ta get some rest…”

“No! It will not keep, and I will not be able to rest until I know what we’re in Logan. You asked that I trust you well it goes both ways. We’re in this together, I won’t be kept in the dark on anything, especially where it concerns my child.” Ororo said anger flashing in her eyes. Logan simply nodded his head in defeat.

“Are you always gonna be this damned pushy?” Logan asked sarcastically.

“No, Now that I am pregnant, my hormones will go haywire, so I shall be far worse.” Ororo said throwing him a devious smile. “Now show me the files.” Logan stood and made his way to his duffle bag; pulling out a laptop and the discs he had retrieved from Sinister’s Lab. Together they spent the next two hours reading through the files; learning just how much danger their child maybe in.



***Present Day***




“Sir,” The young man spoke softly as he entered the study. He walked to the large oak desk which housed a huge leather chair, which was turned, allowing the man that sat in it a clear view of the city below them. “I have the progress report you requested.”

“Excellent.” The hidden man said with a chuckle.

“Uhm…well sir actually it’s not so good. The trackers lost the two mutants and the child…” The young man standing in front of the desk was suddenly silenced as the man sitting behind the desk, who held up his large hand as he slowly turned his chair to face the man before him.

“Very good, stay there until you hear from me, I have one last mission for you.” Sinister said and then hung up the phone. “Get the Trackers together, tell them I know where the child is, and I want her brought here, alive, now.”

“Very good sir, and what of the other two Mutants, the parents?”

“No longer of importance, I only want the child by any means necessary.”

“Yes sir.”





You must login () to review.