“So what now?” Jean asked as she and the others still sat in the Professor’s office.

“I said we should hit the road again, maybe go aboard, but my wife here was set on coming back here.” Logan grumbled, folding his arms across his chest.

“Wife?” The Professor repeated as a smile crept onto his face.

“Oh congratulations!” Jean exclaimed as she moved to swiftly embrace Ororo, as the two giggled.

“Thank you.” Ororo said smiling.

“WIFE!?” Scott said a moment later as if it had finally hit him.

“Scott.” Jean warned, seeing that her fiancée was a bit upset by the news, and that Logan was itching for him to make a comment. Scott quickly shut his mouth, swallowing back his dislike of the whole situation, as he moved and gave Ororo a kiss on the cheek, which invoked a growl from Logan.

“Logan.” Ororo spoke this time, warning her husband and then looked down at her now crying daughter.

“See,” Logan said as he reached for Nyha. “Ya scared her, comere squirt.” Logan spoke softly as he held his daughter to his chest, cradling her gently and lovingly, purring as so she could feel his chest rumbling, which always seemed to soothe her. Jean, Scott, and the Professor all looked on in amazement at Logan’s loving display, which caused Ororo to laugh out right.

“Logan is a wonderful father, and Nyha is definitely a daddy’s girl.”

“You are worried that Sinister will come here for her.” The Professor spoke, having read some of Logan’s mind. Logan just glared at him for his intrusion into his head, but Ororo spoke up for him.

“Logan thinks Sinister has a spy, and has had one here within the house for years now, after reading the files I’d have to agree. Some things in there, no one would know unless they were here.”

“What you think it’s one of the students?” Scott asked.

“Maybe.” Logan said in a soft growl as he peered at Scott over his daughter’s little head.

“What, you think…you think it’s one of us?” Scott said more of an accusation then a question.

“I aint excluding anyone, except me and my family, and that’s Ro, and the Squirt here. All else are suspects.”

“You can’t be serious.” Scott exclaimed.

“All I know is Sinister knew things that only people in this house had knowledge of, he knew Ro and I went on the run, and he’s been tracking us for months, and this last time in New Orleans, right before we came back here he got close, too damn close. And if I’m right Sinister probably already knows were back here and…” Logan suddenly got quite and began sniffing the air and listening. Ororo jumped from her seat and moved closer to him, knowing that he sensed something.

“What…what is it Logan?” She asked as Logan handed her their daughter.

“We got company, and lots of it.” Logan said as he moved to the window and peered out.

“Jean, get the Children down below in the safety chambers.” The Professor ordered as everyone began to move into action. “Scott set the security system to defensive mode.”

“Oh Goddess, Logan,” Ororo whimpered as she cradled her daughter tightly to her chest. Logan moved to her. “I should have listened to you, we never should have come back here.” Logan stroked her cheeks lovingly.

“It aint your fault darlin, we knew this day was coming, it’s just sooner then we want it. I want ya ta get tha Squirt down to those safety chambers too.”

“But what about you, I don’t want to leave you.” Ororo protested. “We stick together, always remember.”

“Our first priority is ta protect Nyha, I can’t do that if I’m worried about her, so please darlin get her down ta tha safety room, make sure ya leave her with Rogue she will look after her, and then ya can come back up, ok.” Ororo nodded as she moved to the door, with Logan and Scott right behind her. Logan walked her to the elevators, making sure she got there and on it without a problem. The doors opened and Ororo entered still clutching Nyha to her, she cast a worried look to Logan, who leaned in a placed a kiss on her lips and then against his daughter’s soft black wavy mane. “We’re gonna be fine. Nyha’s safe, she’s in a house full of powerful mutants who will protect her, right?”

“Right.” Ororo repeat but not sounded a sure. “Be careful, I’ll be back up as soon as I can.”

“Ya know ya don’t have ta worry bout me,” SNIKT! “I’ll be alright.” He said giving her a wink before the elevator doors closed shut. Ororo gently rocked her child; she was so worried about what was happening upstairs with Logan that she was not aware of her surrounding, nor the hand that seeped from the elevator wall. Then her world went black…

*******


“Were you successful?”

“Yes master…” The mutant said as he pulled back the blanket that hid the small baby girl.

“Excellent!” Sinister said grinning. “You’ve done well Kevin, and no one saw you?”

“No master, they were all too heavy in battle, but the X-Men, namely Wolverine, were cutting through your men easily.”

“No matter they were a diversion anyway, simply to allow you to make your move.” Sinister said as he moved before the younger mutant, taking the baby from his grasp. “You my dear are the future.”

“Ah, master I did as you asked…Can I…I need…” Sinister waved him off, never taking his eyes from the child he held, and who now squealed in his arms.

“Your…medicine is waiting for you in the lab…go, and tell Dr. Madeline to get the splicing machine ready.”

*******


***Jean how are things on the top level?***

***They seem to be falling back Professor, there weren’t that many. It’s as if…***

***As if they are merely a distraction.***

***Yes.***

***Where are the other’s?***

***Scott is on the west side, I’m on the east, and Logan, he’s out side.***

***And Ororo?***

***I don’t know, she never came back up from the safety chamber.***


*******


“Ahhhhhggrr!” Logan roared as he leaped from behind some bushes, startling two of the masked intruders. He swung wildly, but with precision with his extended claws, leaving one of the intruders lying lifeless on the ground as the other crouched in fear. Logan moved to him lifting him by the collar. “Hey bub, I gotta message I want ya ta take ta Sinister, tell him he aint getting the Squirt. Tell him he had better leave me and my family alone, or I’ma coming aftera him, got it?” The man nodded his head as Logan threw him to the ground, and watched as he ran away. Logan stood his body trembling with anger as he watched the soldiers fall back to the chopper that had dropped them off, and then he jumped in shock as it exploded from a lightning bolt. “What tha Fuck?” He stared as men aflame ran from the inferno, which was now being extinguished by the sudden rainstorm. Logan’s eyes widened as realization dawned. “Ro!” he turned and bolted back into the house.

*******


“Storm! Calm down, tell us what happened.” Scott demanded to the white-eyed woman that now floated above where he, Jean, and the Professor all stood with slight fright.

“Nyha!” Storm screamed as lightning filled the room with its light, and thunder deafened them. “Where is she…Nyha?"

“Oh God someone took Nyha?” Jean said more as a statement then a question. At that moment Logan entered the scene.

“What tha hell happened…Ro?” He spoke as he approached, only to have Jean hold him back, which got her a fierce growl of warning and she quickly released Logan’s arm.

“It seems someone grabbed Nyha.” Jean explained.

“Ro!” Logan yelled and Storm finally seemed to take notice of the others standing there, but focused only on Logan. Her eyes turned their normal shade of blue as she dropped to the floor. Logan swiftly moved to her, enveloping her in his arms before she crumbled into a fit of tears and wails.

“They got her Logan. Oh Goddess they got her,” Ororo screamed as she clung to her husband’s arms. “You were right, we should have never come back here, never.”

“Shhh…darlin it’ll be ok…”

“How, how will it be ok? It shall never be ok again. I want her back, Logan I need her.” Ororo exclaimed as she looked up at him with pleading eyes.

“Then lets go get her.” Logan said as he helped Ororo to her feet.

*******


“Logan you can’t be serious, they’ll be expecting you to come.” Scott said as he watched Logan and Ororo change into their combat gear.

“Then we won’t disappoint them.” Logan said as he now checked over Ororo’s gear, making sure she was secured properly.

“Ororo,” Scott then turned to her, hoping to talk some sense into her, knowing that she had always had a leveled head. “You know how dangerous this is, and foolish, you need to wait and plan…”

“Scott,” Ororo paused and looked into his eyes, speaking in a soft, calm voice. “What is the most precious thing in your life?” She asked as he frowned at her in confusion. “The absolute, single most precious thing, something that you can’t see yourself living without?” Scott thought only a second before answering.

“Jean.” He said honestly.

“Jean.” Ororo repeated with a sweet smile that instantly faded. “Now take her away, imagine that someone has come and taken her away from you, what would you do? If you thought they had taken her to some lab to do test and experiments on, like some animal. What would you do?” Scott had no words and simply looked down. “So please either help us or move out of our way, but do not ask us to not try to save our child, who is the single most precious thing to us.” Ororo said with tears now streaming down her eyes.

“At least wait,” Scott began again. “Until I can suit up. I’m coming with you.”

“Me too.” Jean announced, causing Ororo to smile through her tears.

*******


“So do you have any thing resembling a plan here?” Scott asked from his seat beside Logan, in the backseats of the blackbird, as Ororo and Jean navigated.

“Yep, ta cause a lot of carnage.” Logan said as he popped out his claws, to break in his gloves.

“Well hopefully it won’t come to that, and we won’t have to have any casualties.”

“Oh there’s gonna be casualties, a lot of it. It came ta that when they took my daughter.”

“What, you just plan to cut down anyone you see.”

“Yep.” Logan said point blankly.

“You can’t be serious.”

“If ya gonna get squeamish then stay on the jet, and outta my way.”

“There’s another way to handle this Logan, Ororo?” Scott called out hoping again that she would support him.

“No, Logan’s right. This ends now, if Nyha,” She paused swallowing back impending tears and fears. “If she’s dead, then I shall make sure that Sinister never ever has the chance to do what he has done to us, to anyone else. If she is alive, I shall make sure that she will be safe, and never have to look over her shoulder or run from her home in order to feel safe. The only way to accomplish that is to eliminate the treat, and that’s Sinister and all who work for him.”

“That’s my girl.” Logan said with pride.

“My God you’ve turned her into you.” Scott spit at Logan, who only threw a smirk back.

“We’re approaching a compound. Is this the place?” Jean asked and Ororo simply nodded and she steered the jet. “Cloaking is now on, where should we set her down?”

“Down their throats, hold on to something.” Ororo said as she dipped the nose of the jet, aiming it into the center of the building.



***Five months earlier***




“What?” she mumbled, as her mouth was stuffed with food.

“Nutin,” Was the reply from the man who sat across from her leaning back in his seat, arms crossed against his chest, as he just stared at her.

“You’re staring.” She finally spoke clearly as she picked up her glass of tea to rinse down the chicken and rice she had just Hoovered. “It’s very rude, you know?”

“Is it?” He asked never taking his eyes from her.

“Yes, so either tell me why, or stop it.” She said playfully as she threw him a smile, which he matched.

“Well darlin I’m staring cause I’m amazed…you’re a pig.” He said and then regretted it, as he noticed Ororo’s eyes begin to water.

“Excuse me.” Ororo said softly as she wiped her mouth and pushed her chair from the table. She scooted to the edge of her seat and used the arms on her chair to support her now off balanced body. She had found it somewhat difficult to maneuver herself, now that she had a round belly. Ororo was nearly six month pregnant, and she had figured that this child was gonna be big, for she looked as if she were ready to pop. Once she cleared the table she waddled towards the exit, Logan instantly stood and moved to her.

“Where ya goin darlin?” He asked as he gripped her arm, to give her support. Ororo quickly yanked her arm from his grasp.

“I am going to lie down, you stay and finish your meal. I shall be fine, our room is just there,” She said pointing out the door to the rooms across the parking lot of the diner they stood in. “You can see anyone coming and going, so I shall be fine.” She said and then left the diner and slowly made her way to the room, slamming the door after her, leaving Logan to look after her confused as he made his way back to their table to finish his supper.

“Boy you must be a first time expectant father.” A man in the next booth spoke and Logan turned to him glaring.

“What’s it to ya?”

“I just noticed that you just committed the first cardinal rule of what not to say to a pregnant woman.” Logan stared at the man in confusion, which pushed the man to continue. “You called her a pig. Now, to you, me, and the most sane, we understood that you were referring to how she was packing it away she is after all eating for two.” The man said smiling. “But to her and her kind, that being pregnant women in general, they hear, “God you’re a beached whale, you’re as big as a house, could you possibly get bigger?” Logan growled as he smacked his hand against his forehead, as realization struck. The man chuckled. “It’s not that bad, go to her and show her that you still think she’s beautiful and desirable. And remember right now she thinks she’s the biggest most disgusting woman on the planet, so any references to her being fat, not good.” The man said to Logan who now stood and tossed some money on the table, before heading out. “Hey!” The man called after him, Logan stopped and shot him a look over his shoulder. “There’s a gift shop next door, flowers usually help in these types of situations.” Logan gave the man a nod of thanks and then walked out, heading to the gift shop.

He had nearly bought the entire shop, several dozens of flowers all different type, since he really didn’t know which Ororo liked, chocolates cause he knew she loved it, stuffed animals mainly for the baby, several cards that expressed how sorry he was. With his hands full he entered their room to find Ororo on their bed with her head buried in a pillow, and Logan could tell she was crying, although she hurriedly sniffed her tears back when she heard him entering the room.

“Ro?”

“What?” She mumbled in a small voice, never turning to look at him.

“Darlin will you look at me?”

“No.”

“Look, I’m sorry. I’m an idiot. I wasn’t callin ya fat…”

“No?” Ororo said as she quickly sat up and now looked at him. “Cause gee, ‘you’re a pig’ sure sounds like that’s what you meant.” She said her eyes red and slightly swollen from all of her crying, and Logan inwardly winced at the site, he had always hated to see her cry, and now to be the cause of it pained him all the more.

“I was talking about ya eatin, not ya size Ro. You look beautiful, I don’t think ya could look bad even if ya tried.”

“Really, so that’s why you never touch me.” Ororo said, as Logan now looked at her in complete confusion. “I mean we are husband and wife now, and really it is not legal until we consummate it, and you won’t even touch me.”

“Ya want me to?” Logan asked as he moved to the bed, sitting down beside Ororo, handing her his armful of goodies, which she took smiling at the gesture and the cute stuffed animals. “Touch ya I mean.” He continued, eyeing her as she now shyly looked down as she picked over the flowers.

“I do not know, you never try.”

“I didn’t know ya wanted me ta, after…”

“Please Logan we have certainly moved beyond that, it’s done, it’s the past. I cannot say that it was the best sexual experience for me, nor can I say that I regret it ever happened. How could I?” She asked as she rubbed her hands across her firm, protruding belly. Logan smirked as he too reached out and settled a hand on her stomach. “See you can touch me, and I shall not break.” Ororo said softly as she stared at Logan. He moved the hand resting on Ororo’s belly, letting it slowly move upward, across her breast to her neck, and then cupping her face. “Logan you are not obligated to…”

“I’ve wanted ta touch ya for sometime now,” He said cutting off her words. “I just never though ya felt the same. Especially after…” This time Ororo cut him off as she swiftly moved her lips to his, softly kissing him. Her tongue shot out and wiped across Logan’s, causing a growl to escape his throat, as he welcomingly opened his mouth, allowing Ororo’s tongue access. Logan’s free hand gently gripped at Ororo’s waist, pulling her closer, as their kiss deepened. Ororo’s hands were not idle as she moved them to the buttons of Logan’s flannel shirt, undoing the buttons, allowing Logan’s to yank the shirt free from his body. In turn Logan’s hands moved back to Ororo, gripping at her shoulders, pushing away the straps of the silk white night gown she now wore, tearing his mouth from hers to latch onto her neck, where he kissed and suckled, causing Ororo’s head to fall back in pleasure. Logan’s mouth followed the trail of the falling silk as it slipped down Ororo’s body. He flicked his tongue across one of Ororo’s nipple and she hissed in reply, making Logan grin before he completely took her nipple into his mouth. Ororo found her self in a pleasure zone she had never known existed as Logan manipulated her nipples in his mouth, moving from one swollen breast to the other, she raked her hand through his hair, pulling him closer to her.

“Logan,” She gasped as her head thrashed about the pillow, half hidden in her thick white mane of hair, which now stuck to her face. “I need…now!” She commanded causing Logan to chuckle a bit at her.

“Ya sure darlin…it’s safe.” He asked cupping a hand back against her belly. She simply smiled and nodded and then rolled them as so she could be on top, and she quickly got to work undoing his jeans, freeing him. She then quickly impaling herself on his now rock hard girth before he could protest. “Grrrrrhhhggg!”

“Ahhhhhhh!!” They both yelled out in unison as they became engulfed in blinding, searing ecstasy.



***Present day***




“That was one hell of a landing darlin.” Wolverine said as he leaped from the jet behind Storm. He sniffed the air a bit then nodded. “That way. Cyke you and Jean head that way, Storm and I are goin this way, Nyha’s this way. We need ya ta watch our backs, keep the heat offa us.”

“Fine, go get your daughter.” Cyclops said just as he blasted the armed guards now flooding the hole they had made in the building with their landing.

“We’ll secure things here.” Jean said and then lifted several guards, sending them flying into a far wall. With that said, Wolverine and Storm moved out in the direction Logan pointed to, Storm going airborne, flying through the high ceiling just above Logan. Logan instantly stopped and Storm landed beside him.

“What is it? What do you smell?” She asked.

“Nyha, her scent is very strong, kind of different…”He sniffed again and growled. “Sinister.”

“He’s with Nyha?” Storm asked her heart tightening in her chest.

“Naw, Nyha’s just ahead, down that corridor. Sinister’s thata way, and he’s mine. You go find Nyha.” With that they both moved off down the adjoining corridors.

“Logan?” Storm called out to him and he turned to her. “I love you.”

“Love ya to, darlin.” With a nod Logan continued his trek, as Storm moved back to hers, both knowing that their lives will never be the same again, not after they were finished doing what they felt they had to do. Knowing that they would soon willingly have blood on their hands.



***Four months earlier***




“Elizabeth?”

“Joshua?”

“Brianna?”

“How about, Dick?” She said beaming proudly as her husband now glared at her full on.

“Hell no, no way we’re naming my kid that?”

“Which one?”

“Dick, sides one eye already owns that one.” He said turning his eyes back to the highway, as they drove through the desert, heading to Las Vegas where Logan was hoping they would lose the hound dogs he had spotted following them several days back. Logan had figured that Sinister had narrowed down on their location, which is why had and his wife had made a hasty exit from Texas. But he hadn’t told Ororo the real reason he had said he had simply wanted a change of scenery, not wanting to upset her in her now delicate condition. “Ya need ta stop, there’s a general store ahead.”

“Oh yes please, I have this craving,” Ororo said smiling broadly, invoking a huge grin from Logan in return. “Hey it’s not my fault ‘your’ kid wants Sardines dipped in chocolate sauce and mustard.” Ororo said as she looked out the window. Logan frowned in disgust.

“Chocolate sauce and mustard?” he asked not sure if he had heard right.

“Uh-hmm.” Ororo said as Logan pulled up to the gas pump, and she hopped out and made her way inside.

“Be there in a sec, get all that ya think you’ll be, ‘cravin’ tonight.” Logan then started to pump the gas, when suddenly a gunshot rang out, followed by a sudden heavy rain shower. Logan looked up and rushed towards the store, just as a man ran past him, to hop into a red Mustang and speed off. “Ro?” Logan called out as he rushed into the store; he came upon a counter where an elderly couple huddled behind it, trembling with fear. A fear similar to the one now pulling at Logan’s heart. It was then that the smell hit him, an all too familiar smell, the smell of blood. “Ro!” He roared as he raced from aisle to aisle. He stood frozen at the last one, staring down to the other end, where his wife lay lifeless; it wasn’t until he saw her move a bit and moan in pain, that he rushed to her side. “Ro, darlin were ya hit?” He asked as he gently lifted her upper body and leaned her against his chest, as he now sat behind her. She nodded her head, as tears rolled from her eyes and she again moaned in pain. “Ok we gotta get ya to a doctor. I’m gonna try ta lift ya, it may hurt, I’m sorry but I gotta, ok?” He asked softly and again she nodded. Logan slowly, gently began moving her into his arms, wrapping one arm around her back and the other under her legs.

“Ahhhh…Oh God Logan!” Ororo screamed out in pain as a warm fluid gushed from her. “The baby, something’s wrong. She’s coming, oh God she’s coming!” Ororo said in a panicked voice. Logan moved to set her back down. “No! We have to go Logan, the police will come, we have to go.” Logan nodded as he held her close to him and moved from the store, out to their car. He gently placed her in the passenger side, closing the door. He then noticed that he was covered with blood, Ororo’s blood, and it frightened and angered him. He hurriedly got into the car and drove off. Not far down the road Logan saw a sign for a motel a mile ahead.

“Hang on darlin, we’re almost there.” He said as he split his attention between the road and Ororo, who leaned against his shoulder. “Ro, stay wit me darlin, come on…Ro!”

“Mmmhh.” She groaned.

“Look at me, open your eyes Ro, we’re almost there, come on darlin.”

“It hurts Logan,” She said through a gasp.

“I know darlin, but look were here, just gotta get a room and then we’ll get ya fixed right up.” Logan said as he moved into the parking lot of the Motel, he hastily threw on his coat, zipping it up to cover the blood that covered his shirt and to shield him from the treacherous rainfall, courtesy of Ororo. Logan got them a room and safely got Ororo inside.

“Logan,” She gasped and panted. He quickly moved to her removing her clothes to find where she had been hit. He silently prayed it hadn’t been anywhere near the baby, and sighed in relief when he saw the wound near her left shoulder. Logan could see that it wasn’t a fatal wound, but knew it hurt. He treated the wound swiftly as so he could focus on the real terrifying event, which was gonna be the birth of his child.

*******


“AHHHHH!!!” Ororo wailed as she gripped at the sheets on the bed she now lay on with her legs open to allow Logan better access. “Goddess, it hurts!”

“I know, but ya gotta focus Ro. You got a monsoon going on outside. Ya gotta try ta concentrate, Ok?”

“Ok, but it hurts so much Logan, and I want to push so bad.” She moaned as she now bit down on a sheet that she had wadded up and placed in her mouth to cover her screams.

“Not yet, you’re not open all the way yet, and if ya push yer gonna tear.”

“I do not care, I’ll heal, I’ve got to push.” She groaned deeply, arching off the bed some.

“Not yet darlin, not yet.”

*******


“PUSH!”

“Uh-ahhhhhhhhhh!” Ororo cried out she had been pushing for nearly a half hour, and still they had no baby to show for it. “Arrrrrggghhhh!”

“Ok relax for a sec,” Logan instructed from his spot, down between Ororo’s legs. Ororo collapsed back against the pillows, her sweat drenched hair stuck to her face and neck. “Ok Darlin give us another big push, real hard this time.”

“I do not think I can,” She whined. “I am so tired.”

“I know baby, but ya gotta. This kids ready ta come, and I’m sure she’s tired to. Come on Ro, just a few more, for Nyha.”

“Nyha?” Ororo repeated as she lifted her head a bit to stare at Logan.

“Yeah, Ya like it?” He asked and Ororo nodded her head.

“Yes, it is beautiful.” She spoke through soft tears.

“And I bet it suits her to, bet she’s beautiful. So how bout we get her outta there and see. Ok?” Logan coaxed as he gripped the hand Ororo held out as she sat up again, readying to push. “That’s my girl. Now PUSH!”

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”

*******


“Waaaaah!”

“Well She’s got no fluid on her lungs, that’s fer sure.” Logan said as he watched Ororo hold their daughter close to her chest.

“She’s perfect, and yet so tiny. I thought surely she would have been bigger due to how big I was.”

“Yeah but for a primmie she’s a big girl, she’s about five pounds.”

“And she’s perfect,” Ororo repeated as she smiled down proudly at her daughter who had finally latched on to her mother’s breast to feed. “Thank you Logan.” She said focusing on him.

“What for, you did all the work.”

“But I could not have done it without you. You patched up my wounds and then delivered our child.” Ororo said swaying a bit in the bed as she blinked slowly as if her eyelids were too heavy to keep open.

“Ya need ta get some rest darlin,” Logan said as he continued to watch Ororo nurse his daughter in amazement.

“Yes, I am very tired, need to rest to heal. Here.” She said as she gently removed Nyha’s mouth from her breast. “Burp, her.”

“Naw, I don’t think I should. I mean she’s so tiny I might break her.” Logan said with fear in his voice and Ororo giggled at him.

“You will not break her, come say hello to your daughter. Besides I can not hold her while I sleep that would not be safe. I might drop her.” Reluctantly Logan moved to the bed side, sitting on the edge and taking the bundled up child that Ororo offered him. He cradled the baby much as he had seen Ororo do it with her tiny head cradled in the nook of his arm, and her small frame pressed firmly against his chest. “See,” Ororo spoke as she now leaned back against the pillows watching the new father and child. “You are a natural.”

“Yeah…WHOA!” Logan exclaimed as he abruptly stood from the bed. “I think the kid strung a leak.” He said as he looked down at the wet spot on his shirt and pants.

“I think we shall need some Diapers.” Ororo said through her soft laughter.

“Yeah, I’ll run ta the lobby and grab some, here you hold the ‘Squirt’ and I’ll be right back.”



***Present Day***




“What should we do sir, we are under full attack.” The younger man said nervously as he stood before Sinister who still sat at his desk.

“We do nothing, this is all expected, and I’m not worried…”

“Ya should be.” A voice spoke out from the doorway, startling the young man.

“Ah, Logan aka the Wolverine.” Sinister said swiveling his chair to face the man he was addressing. “I’m glad you’ve come to join us,” Sinister continued as he pushed the button beneath his desk. “And the weather witch, is she here as well?” He asked continually pushing the alert button.

“Don’t worry about her, nor about anyone comin for ya cause ya pushing that button, cause there aint nobody left.” Wolverine releasing the guard he had had in a death grip and then stalking into the room, claws out.

“Do you really think you scare me?” Sinister asked as he stood from his chair and moved around the desk, squaring off with Wolverine. “One would think you’d be more concerned for your daughter, she’s a beauty by the way, much more then I had ever dreamed of.” Sinister goated, throwing Wolverine a sneer.

“Ahhhgggggrr!!” Wolverine leaped at the towering frame before him.

*******


“Dr. McGuire, I need more suction.” Dr Madeline Brown spoke as she and several other masked doctors dressed in surgical attire, filled an operating room. “This is amazing. Even now there’s healing at an incredible rate.”

“So do you think we will be able to clone the cell, and someday use them to make Sinister’s perfect mutant race?” Another doctor asked.

“Oh yes, I think we can.” Madeline answered excitedly. They were so engrossed in their task that they hadn’t noticed the woman who now stood in the room. She stepped closer and looked over the shoulder of the doctors in front of her to the table. Madeline suddenly noticed their unexpected guess and dropped her scalpel in shock.

*******


“Really, this is pointless don’t you think?” Sinister spoke in pants, his face and body covered with blood, gashes, cuts, and bruises that were fast healing.

“I aint even tired yet.” Wolverine said as he crouched in a near corner readying to pounce again. His body was also covered with cuts and blood.

“Yes, my point exactly.” Sinister spoke as he staggered to stand upright and to move away from Wolverine. “I mean with our mutual healing factor this could take awhile…”

SWOOSH!

THUD!

“Naw I don’t think it will take too long at all.” Wolverine said to the twitching headless body now lying on the floor, it’s head rolling to a darkened corner causing the young man who had been hiding there to jump out with a yelp. Wolverine grasped him by his collar.

“Please, please don’t kill me, please.” With a growl Wolverine threw the man to the ground, and left the room in search of his wife and child. He followed the scents.

*******


“My God what is that smell?” Jean asked as she and Cyclops made their way down a corridor. They had fought off most of the guards and soon the rest of them had just ran off, and then they set out in search of Storm and Wolverine.

“I don’t know but it’s getting stronger.” Scott said as he warily moved closer to the room at the end of the corridor. He slowly opened the door and took in the destruction throughout the room. “What the fu…”

“Storm!” Jean exclaimed as she moved in the room after Cyclops.

“Where?”

“She’s here somewhere, I just got a glimpse into her mind…She’s in pain a lot of pain.” Jean said as they both cautiously moved into the huge room

“She could be buried anywhere in this mess, can you pin-point her location?”

“No, I can’t get anything now, I think she’s blocking me or so far gone mentally that I can read her.” Jean said as she suddenly stumbled falling forward and directly onto a body. “Oh God!” Cyclops hurried to her helping her up as they both stared down at the floor that was littered with bodies. “They're dead,” Jean said covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

“All of them?” Cyclops asked and Jean simply nodded.

“RO!” A voiced called out just before Wolverine entered the room. “Where are they?”

“We don’t know, we’ve only just arrived and found this.” Cyclops pointed to the dead bodies.

“But Storm’s here, somewhere.” Jean added.

“Buried?” Wolverine asked as he began tossing equipment and debris aside. “She Claustaphobic.” He said as he continued to throw things about, with Jean and Cyclops now helping them. Jean suddenly stopped and gasped.

“Help me, please.” A woman who was pinned to a far wall called out softly. She had two metal rods piercing her shoulder, straight through to the wall.

“Oh my God,” Jean gasped again now with Cyclops and Wolverine standing behind her staring in disbelief.

“Does it hurt?” A low voice asked and all eyes in the room turned to the woman sitting in an adjacent corner. “Because I want it to hurt.”

“Storm?” Jean spoke moving to her slowly. Storm looked to her with white eyes as a roar of thunder filled the room, and Jean heeded the warning stepping back. “Storm, what happened here?” Jean asked as she and the others watched Storm’s eyes turn normal and watered with tears. Jean eyed the spot across the room; where Storm’s eyes now seemed fixed to, and she nearly choked on her own vomit that now erupted from her at the scene. Cyclops and Wolverine both moved closer to look.

“Jesus.” Cyclops gasped as Logan with clenched jaws and fist turned and staggered out of the room. After catching her breath and swallowing back the water still filling her mouth, Jean focused back on Storm with her tears now streaming from her eyes.

“Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry.” Jean spoke through sobs. Storm seemed to disregard her friend as she spoke to the woman she had pinned to the wall, with hurricane force winds and two metal rods.

“You gutted her like a fish,” Storm spoke, trembling with rage as she stared at her infant daughter’s tiny body, which was stuffed in a liquid filled jar, preserving her forever.

“I…I…I’m sorry,” The woman said and was rewarded with a scalpel flying into her gut. “Ahhhhhh!” She screamed out in pain as the gush of wind now died down around her.

“You took her insides out and then stuffed her in a jar, like some lab animal.” Storm said looking down and shook her head in disbelief. “She was a baby, my baby.” She cried out, and both Cyclops and Jean cried silent tears with her. “You two should leave now,” Storm spoke her voice now calmed as she began to stand up.

“Storm you don’t want to do this.” Jean said hoping to calm her friend down. Storm turned to her with clarity on her face and in her eyes, looking so much like her normal self.

“Why not? I wanted to when I struck him with lightning,” She said pointing to the charred body on the floor. “And froze her to death, and snapped her neck with my bare hands. No, no I really ‘want’ to do this Jean, it’s a hell of lot gentler then what they did for Nyha. Do you know she was still awake when they cut her open, see according to her ‘chart’ they didn’t want to drug her because they didn’t know what effect that would have on her mutant genes, didn’t want to risk it. Isn’t that right?” She asked the pinned woman but only go a moan in response. “I said, isn’t that right.” Storm repeated in a near growl and the woman hastily nodded her head.

“Ro, you have to stop this now before anyone else gets hurt.” Cyclops said in a stern commando voice.

“How about I stop right after?” She replied as she moved closer to the woman on the wall. “I just don’t know how I want to kill you, something painful.” She said turning and looking about the room, and then smiling a bit as her eyes landed on her torture method, a cabinet filled with bottles of chemicals. Storm moved to the cabinet opening it and looking over the bottles, she then moved back and then raise her arms to summon a gust of wind. The bottles began to shake on their selves before they suddenly lifted and flew toward the body stuck helplessly to the wall.


“AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGRR!!! Oh God it burns, Oh God help me! Ahhhhhhhhh!!” She screamed as smoke lifted from her body and clothes, which had begun to melt from her frame, to globs of liquid on the floor. Within seconds there was nothing left except bones, still perched up on the metal rods.

“Ororo,” Jean turned to her friend. “How do you come back from this?” She asked waving her hands about the room.

“I am not coming back.” Storm said softly before rising through the hole she had put in the ceiling with the lightning she had summoned.

“Storm wait!!!” Jean called to her, but was ignored. Jean and Cyclops stood for a moment trying to take in all that had happen, all they had seen and still couldn’t bring themselves to believe. “Oh, Logan.” Jean said as she swiftly moved to leave the room, following Logan’s trail, with Cyclops right behind her. They searched the entire compound but only found the dead bodies of guards filling corridors that had been empty before, and fierce fires in every room, which they knew Wolverine had started hoping to burn the compound to the ground. Sadly the two dishearten mutants, moved back to the Blackbird, and headed home, both secretly praying that their friends would be there when they arrived, but knowing neither would be.





You must login () to review.