"…and then I found myself here, don't even know why I'm here, but it seemed like a good place to get lost. You know what I mean?" The chubby man said to the woman sitting beside him at the bar, in the smoke filled club. He had wandered in well over an hour before and had sat beside her and without provocation, decided to tell her his life's story, which by the way she never looked at him or acknowledged his presence whatsoever, she really didn't give a damn about. She kept staring ahead as she scanned the room from up in the large mirror that lined the wall behind the bar. Peering at the many patrons in the club, coming and going, through the dark shades she
wore to hide her eyes. "So what's your story?" The chubby man beside her continued and for the first time she turned to look at him, but only a second before he blew thick smoke from the cigarette she puffed deeply on, in his direction, causing him to cough a bit. "You know **cough** those thing's will kill ya." He stated waving his hands in front of his face, fanning away the think cloud floating towards
him.

"Why else do it?" she said now turning back to her drink a scotch on the rocks, which she downed in one gulp, smacking the glass back on the table, signaling the barkeep for another. "So," She turned back to her sudden companion. "Do you want to go up to my room?" She asked point blankly, surprising the man some by his gaping mouth.

"Y…your room, uhm…w…why?" The man stammered suddenly growing sweaty.

"For sex why else?" She said her face keeping its cool uncaring mask.

"What are you a prostitute?" He asked. "Cause, like I told ya I'm on the run here so the funds are kind of low."

"Whatever." she said blowing out another cloud of smoke and turning back to her refreshed drink. "I don't recall speaking of money, just looking for a good time, but if you don't…"

"Whoa I didn't say I didn't," The man cut in fast now looking the woman up and down, truly taking notice to her beauty. She was a slender woman a bit too skinny he thought, but still quiet lovely, with her caramel skin and flowing jet black hair that framed her face and fell across her shoulders and down her back. "Its just, I don't even know your name."

"And you need to know my name in order to have sex with me?" She asked now grinning at him.

"Well no, but it would be nice don't ya think?"

"No." She said as she downed her drink and stood up from the bar. She slipped back into her leather jacket and made her way through the sea of swaying bodies to the stairs that lead up to the rented rooms, one
of which she had occupied for nearly three months. The man hastily gulped back his mug of beer and headed behind her. They had just made it to the foot of the stairs when a hand shot out and stopped the
chubby man.

"Hey bub, where ya think ya going with the lady?"

"What, who the hell are you and what's it to ya?" The chubby man asked and the man who had stopped him slowly stood from his seat.

"The name's Logan and that's my wife ya drooling over. So I'll ask ya again where ya think ya going with her?" The wide-eyed chubby man took a step back, looking from the man towering above him to the woman who stood at the foot of the stairs silently with her arms crossed against her chest, her face void of any reaction to what was playing out before her.

"I didn't know…she never told me she was m…I'm sorry man, I'll just be leaving now."

"Good idea." Logan said now speaking to the retreating backside of the chubby man as he now raced from the club. Logan then turned back to the lady behind him standing still on the stairs. "Hello Nyha, we've gotta talk darlin."



***Sometime later, upstairs***




He sat silently watching her move about the small room, which housed nothing but a bed, a dresser, and a small bathroom. She moved as if he were not sitting in the room, pulling out fresh clothes, and removing the ones she wore before stepping into the bathroom. He looked after her but didn't move, didn't want to care her off, didn't want her to run…again, like always. He heard the water running in the shower, and swallowed down an urge to follow her into the cramped bathroom, to join her in her bath. He didn't think she was ready for that, not yet, if ever again. So, he just sat and waited, and it wasn't long before she re-entered the room again dismissing his presence as she let the wet towel fall from her frame and began to redress in her fresh gear.

"So, what tha hell was that downstairs…makin new friends?" He asked in a near growl, and she smiled despite herself at his jealousy.

"It was all a show for you," She stated calmly. "I knew you had walked in, I saw you." And again the silence surrounded them.

"I've missed ya, darlin." He spoke as he watched her longingly, as she dressed.

"So," Se replied dryly never turning to acknowledge him whatsoever.

"I'm tired of this cat and mouse game."

"Then stop chasing me," She said coldly, this time turning to glare at him. "I didn't ask you to come looking for me, I just wanted to be left alone."

"I can't do that darlin…"

"You mean you, `won't' do it." She interjected her fierce blue eyes staring at him harshly.

"Ya just left, without a word, ya didn't say bye, nothing. Hell ya didn't even come ta tha funeral."

"I couldn't, I can't believe that you did, how could you, after what they did to her, how she was. I had already seen her on exhibit in a jar, did you think I could watch them put her in a box, throw her in a hole and then cast dirt over her, I couldn't bear it, just the thought of it…" She pause pushing back the impending tears and rage as the distant sound of thunder could be heard outside the window, and a flash of lightning illuminated the darkening sky. "Go away Logan, please just go away."

"I can't do that Ro, and ya know I can't."

"Don't call me that…my name is Nyha."

"No it aint, Nyha was our daughter's name, and ya can't take it from her and act as if she never existed." Logan said as he bolted from the chair he sat in, suddenly enraged. "Damn it Ro, I miss the Squirt too, don't ya think what happened ta her hurt me, it did, and it does. It kills me every day, and I relive it every single night."

"As do I," she said in a near whisper but knowing he had heard her. "Her name is all that I have left of her now…"

"Naw it aint, ya still got me, but ya gotta let me in Ro, please." She looked at him and for one fleeting second, Logan saw her soften, even consider giving in, but then her gaze iced over, and she closed herself off again and turned away.

Why won't you let me be, why must you keep tracking me down…is it for the cold comfort I give you? It can not be so pleasurable to you."

"You're my wife Ro, and I'll take ya anyway I can get ya, even if it's only for a night out of weeks, months…and it aint cold ta me, never cold." He spoke softly as he moved to her, reaching out and letting his fingers trail down her back, and she gulped back a moan. "Is it cold comfort ta ya?" He asked her as he leaned in and let his lips graze her shoulder and she gasped in reply, letting her eyes roll back into her head. It had been three weeks, two days, and twelve hours since their last encounter, she counted mentally, and though it had been just one night and most of the morning, it had sustained her, until now. "Do ya think I want it this way, having ya when I can catch up ta ya, instead of being wrapped up in ya every night. I'd grown use ta havin ya sleepin next ta me, I can't sleep soundly anymore, and the nightmares are back, the old ones and new ones. Nightmares you use ta chase away with a simple touch. It kills me not havin ya wit me Ro." He said as he buried is face into her hair, inhaling deeply and she leaned into his touch. She turned into his arms and he enveloped her firmly, pressing their foreheads together and staring into each other's eyes. She was the first to break the trance, leaning in and capturing his mouth into hers in a soft sensual kiss, which quickly deepened.

She hastily moved her trembling fingers to his shirt, fumbling with the buttons, and Logan just as quickly stilled her hands. "Naw, we got all night darlin, let's take it slow." He said through his panting, which was synchronized with hers. This time his hands slowly
unbutton his shirt and then pulled the flannel garment from his broad shoulders, as Ororo stood as if mesmerized, watching his every movement. Once he removed his shirt he moved to hers, unzipping the leather, sleeveless top, letting he fall from her. He looked at her suddenly happy that she hadn't bothered with a bra, not that she ever needed to; her breast were firm yet supple. He leaned in and took one of her nipples into his mouth.

"Ssssss…" She hissed at the sensation of his cold tongue on her already harden nipple, and then the warmth that surrounded at her nipple and then fanned out throughout her body. Logan remained latched to her, moving from one nipple to the other, as his hands
slid down to the zipper of the skirt she wore, easing it down and letting the skirt crumble to the floor. He then moved his hands to remove her panties but only found moist, worm, flesh, and he growl out of arousal at the fact she was wearing nothing, and out of anger at the fact that she was wearing nothing. He let two of his fingers play with the folds of skin covering her opening, while letting his thumb scrape her clit, eliciting another moan from Ororo. Suddenly without warning he thrust his two fingers into her.

"Ahhh!" She yelp throwing her head back, causing her to lose her balance and fall back, landing sideways on the bed. Logan still attached to her, inside and out, as he slowly began moving his fingers in and out. Ororo's hips began gyrating, thrusting back against Logan's fingers, as her fingers laced themselves through his thick mane, pulling him closer to her. He gave her now sensitive and swollen nipples one last flick before he
trailed kisses down her belly, stopping at her navel long enough to dip his tongue in, before moving down further and fastening onto her clit, suckling it for all of its juices. Ororo thrashed about wildly so much so, Logan had to move his free hand to her abdomen to hold her still and down onto the bed. His fingers quickened their pace within her throbbing womb, and Logan knew it wouldn't be long before Ororo would reach her peak. Her breathing increased, and her hold on his hair became painful as she pulled at her own tresses with her free hand, and bit her lip so hard blood now dripped from it. Logan grinned to himself, knowing it would only take one more flick and….

"Goddess…Logan!!!" Ororo screamed arching her back completely off of the bed before flopping back exhausted, as if she could no longer hold up her own weight, which didn't get better as Logan slid up her
body and plunder her mouth again with his own, allowing her to taste her own sweetness. As the haze lifted from her brain she took sudden notice to the bulge now digging into her inner thigh, and it dawned
on her that Logan had not yet been satisfied, and with much effort, she rolled him; as so Logan now lay on his back and she straddled him, their lips never parting as she moved her hands to the fly of his pants.



***Next day, mid afternoon***




He groaned as the intrusive sunlight now baked his naked form, which lay tangled in cotton sheets, which were still somewhat damp with sweat. He deeply inhaled the scents that engulfed the pillow his face
lay buried in, and groaned again before lifting his head and turning it slightly as he reached out to run his fingers beside him. Where he had expected to find the warmth of a firm body he only found cold sheets. He lifted his head and opened his eyes, and a quick scan of the room told him that he was alone. The dresser drawers were all ajar and he knew that Ororo had gather up all her things and was once again on the run. With another groan Logan ran his hands over his
stubble face and turned onto his back, willing his weary body to get up, get dressed, and began the chase anew. As he shifted in the bed a crinkling sound caught his ears, and he moved the covers back on the side that had house Ororo's body not too long before hand, and he found what looked to be a note.

"This is new…" He mumbled as he grasp the piece of paper, opening it and reading its contents.

`Thanks for the comfort, Ro'

He smiled slightly as he folded the paper and threw his legs over the side of the bed. Hope filled his heart at the thought that she was coming back to him. Never in the months of their game of cat and mouse had she ever left him a note after their night of passion. He had always awoke alone, and never ever had she referred to herself as Ororo or any resemble to it, it had always been Nyha, that was the rule. It seemed that the rules had suddenly changed, and Logan hope for the better.



***Elsewhere***




"Are you sure about this, I mean we can't…we shouldn't say anything until we know for sure." The younger man in the room asked as he sat baffled by what he was hearing.

"Yes, at least it's what the test says, but I really can't make it conclusive until we test the body."

"But we'd have to exhume it and we can't, not without permission, which I seriously doubt we get."

"Oh I think if what this test suggests is true, we'll get the permission and maybe even more then that."

"But we must be sure, Jean." The older man, who had sat silently until this point, thinking over the aspect of what he was hearing, finally spoke.

"I know Professor, which is why we need the body, and if it's genetically different, then we'll know they're clones, and that…"

"That Nyha maybe alive."

"Yes Scott, and if that's true it means…"

"That Ororo and Logan will return home." Scott finished with the same hopeful look in his eyes that Jean's now held. "Now all we have to do is find them and tell them, get their permission to exhume the baby's body, but jean," He paused before continuing. "What if it's wrong and the baby in the grave really is Nyha?"

"I don't know, I mean it is possible, but I know for sure that they cloned her. The organs we obtained from the room where…where we last saw Ororo, they appeared to be Nyha's. But when I looked at them from a genetic level, I noticed it was off. Her mutant genes aren't as ample as they should be, considering that both her parents are Mutants themselves."

"Maybe they are dormant until she reaches a certain age," Scott supplied but Jean simply shook her head.

"No, that could happen with her powers, sure, but her genetic make-up is there from conception, and in all of my studies of Mutant genetics children from parents who are both Mutants have complete Mutant genes. Like with Logan he has only half, so we assume that only one of his parents was a Mutant, whereas Ororo has nothing but Mutant genes, and we know that both her parents were Mutants."

"Interesting theory." The Professor said. "I'll go to Cerebro and see if I can locate Logan or Ororo. I have not done so until this point to give them space, and the time they need to heal, but under the circumstances I think they would want to be sought out." He said as he headed out of the room on his mission.

"I have the feeling that he's in for a task," Scott stated as the professor left the room. "Storm, he may find but Logan."

"I know but I have a feeling that wherever Ororo is Logan is with her, or not too far from her trail. remember he left to find her."

"Yeah but he hasn't called to let us know if he's found her."

"When have you ever known Logan to check in?"



***Two days later, French Quarter, New Orleans***




"Ya getting tired?" The gruff male voice spoke out into the dimly lit room, whose only light came from the doors that led out to the balcony, which lay open with a gentle breeze blowing the sheer curtains back into the room.

"No, I am up for more." A feminine voice replied but never moved her limp limbs, which were splayed across the masculine frame that lay in the
bed with her. A hoarse chuckle filled the room.

"Naw darlin that aint what I mean." He spoke again and this time she turned to face him with a questioning look. "I mean ya aint give me much of a run this time, I found ya in a few days, it usually takes
weeks, sometimes months."

"Are you complaining, cause I could leave and…"

"Naw," He said tightening his grip around her waist. "I aint complain, gotta admit I don't mind the change of pace. You're about as hard ta track as I am." He said with a smirk causing her to giggle.

"I'll take that as a compliment." She smiled sweetly at him as she laid her face against his chest, breathing in deeply as his chest hairs tickled her nose. She closed her eyes to the sensation of him running his fingers along the curve of her back. "Mmmmmhhhmm," She moaned as she felt the slickness in between her thighs again. Taking the invitation he lowered his mouth to the nook of her neck, suckling and nipping the flesh there. "Ohhhh…Mmmmmmhh…Professor!" She gasped as she bolted upright.

"What?" He frowned at her as a growl rumbled in his chest. "Not the name ya should be screamin darlin."

"No Logan, it's the Professor." Ororo stated as she now sat up completely, clutching the sheets to her frame. Logan looked about the room, sniffing at the air. "He's not here, he's reaching me telepathically."

"He’s never done it before, so why tha hell now? Tell him ta call back later, yer busy." Logan grumbled as he fiddled his fingers along her inner thigh, but stopped cold at seeing her paled face and hard
expression. "What is it?" He now questioned as his wife moved from the bed, as he remained put, watching her curiously. "Ro?"

"We have to go Logan, get up and get dressed, hurry." Logan's imploring eyes remained on her, but he did as she instructed.

"What's goin on Ro?" he asked as he pulled on his jeans and then turned to a nearly dressed Ororo. "Where we goin?"

"Home."

******


"What to do, what to do…" The man spoke as he nervously paced around the small hotel room, stopping before the bed to stare down at the small form lying upon it. "Don't look at me like that, I can't take you back, not…there. That's not home for us anymore kiddo, not anymore." He continued with a far off look on his face. "What, you think I don't know that already, but they think you're dead, so…and if they ever find out different, I'm dead. I mean Ororo may forgive
me, but Logan…" He shivered at the thought of the man he deemed a close friend once. "Your dad is one mean son-of-a-bitch, he'll gut me and not even blink." The child giggled at him. "Don't worry though cause Uncle Morph is gonna take good care of you."

*******


"Are you sure, Professor?" Ororo asked still stunned by all that he had told her and Logan upon their return to the mansion. An hour later found Ororo with the Professor, while Logan and Scott exhumed what was thought to be the remains of Nyha, while Jean prepared the lab to run the genetic test on the body.

"Yes quite, we did a scan of the elevator." The Professor replied.

"Goddess, how do I tell Logan, they were so close, before…" Ororo sighed as she leaned against a near by chair. "How do I tell Logan?"

"Tell me what?" Logan asked as he and Scott re-entered the office to report on their progress.

"Ah, Logan, I was just telling Ororo that we traced the identity of the Mutant who was working for Sinister, the one that took Nyha."

"The traitor working from the inside, so who is it, I'd like ta know the name of the creep before I kill him." Logan said with a growl.

"Logan. It's Morph." Ororo said in a low voice, knowing Logan had heard her.

"Morph?" Logan repeated in shock and disbelief.

*******


"Is chuck done yet in Cerebro?" Logan asked as he changed into his battle gear.

"No, not yet, Logan…"

"Save it Jeannie, I'm goin afta Morph and when I find him, I'm gonna kill him." Logan stated with deadly seriousness.

"Logan he used to be your friend, a very close one at that." Jean continued. "We don't know what Sinister did to him to make him change."

"And I don't care, he took my kid, had us thinking she was dead,"

"She still maybe Logan we don't know for sure."

I do, I know she aint dead. He's got her. He was nowhere in that compound and I searched the entire place, makin sure none of those bastards got out alive, but he did."

"Logan please," Jean continued her rants as Logan left the room with her close behind him, they headed down to Cerebro where Ororo and Scott both stood outside awaiting word. "Ororo, would you please talk
to him." Jean asked throwing her hands in the air in defeat.

"Logan, are you planning on killing Morph?" Ororo asked her arms folded across her chest.

"Yup." he replied as he stared at the door intensely waiting for it to open with news.

"Will you do it quickly, or slowly?" Ororo asked stunning everyone except Logan who turned to her with a grin on his face.

"Aint decided yet, which do ya prefer?"

"I do not care, so long as it is painful." Ororo stated lifting her chin a bit.

"Slow it is then." Logan said.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Scott roared. "This is Morph we're talking about here, and you two are plotting to kill him?"

"No, we have pretty much decided we are going to kill him. Do try to keep up Scott." Ororo said.

"Ororo have you completely lost your sense of right and wrong?" Scott asked her, but in a softer tone.

"No, Scott I have simply lost my baby. You do not know what that it is like?" Ororo spoke nearly choking on the tears she tried swallowing back down. "To have a life growing inside of you, to feel it moving…I loved her the moment I learned she was inside of me. And when she was born and I held her in my arms, nothing else mattered. My world was in that room at that moment, just Nyha, Logan, and me. You cannot comprehend the love I had for her, and then she was gone, stolen from me, and thought to be dead. And I wanted them to pay for that, all of them, and if Morph was the one who took her from my arms, then he should suffer most of all."

"And believe me, he will." Logan added. At that moment the Professor exited Cerebro. "Did ya find him, do ya know if he's got the Squirt?"

"Yes and No." The Professor said as confused and fright filled eyes stared at him.





You must login () to review.