“So Morph does have Nyha but you don’t know exactly where?” Jean restated and the Professor simply nodded. “But the good news is, Nyha is alive.” She said as she looked to Ororo, hoping it would cheer her up a bit but her face still held the stone cold, emotionless stare.

“Where was the last place ya picked up on him at?”

“A hotel in Augusta, Georgia.” The Professor replied.

“Then that’s where we start.” Logan said as he moved out with his wife right behind him.

“Yes, I shall continue to try to reach him with Cerebro, and will keep you informed.” The Professor called after the four retreating forms.



***Augusta Georgia***




“Ro, we should head back to the Blackbird now.” Jean watched her friend with sad eyes as she sat on the floor on her knees, clutching something small and white to her chest, as she silently sobbed. Jean looked back as she felt strong hands on her shoulders. “She won’t leave,” She said softly to Scott who stood behind her. They both moved out the door as Logan approached.

“What’s takin ya so long, we need ta move out. Morph was here not so long ago, I can still smell him, may be able to track him.”

“It’s Ororo,” Scott said and Logan hurriedly pushed past him and entered the room.

“Ro?” He spoke out to her trembling back, which shook from her sobs. He moved closer to her, wanting to see what she was holding, and he crumbled to his knees beside her when a familiar smell filled his senses.

“This was hers, he wrapped her in this?” She said as she turned to him with wet, hopeful eyes. “Right…I mean can you smell her on this?” Ororo asked as she held up the baby blanket, and then pulled it to her nose and inhaled deeply. “I think I can smell her, I’m not sure, I do not remember anymore,” She whined and Logan closed his eyes, willing back his own tears, and the couple still standing in the doorway felt their own hearts breaking for the couple. Jean then turned and grabbed Scott’s hand and lead them away, back to the Blackbird, wanting to give Logan and Ororo time alone. “I do not remember her, Logan. She’s beginning to fade. So what if she does not remember me, that I am her mother.” Logan moved to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her to him and he buried his face in her hair.

“That aint never gonna happen, darlin. She knows yer her mama, she knows and when get her back we’re gonna give her lots of kisses and love, and hold her tight, so she never gets away from us again. But darlin we need ta go, keep trackin Morph, we’re close baby, we’re close ta Nyha, and she’s waiting fer us, her mama and daddy ta come get her and bring her home.” He spoke as he cupped her face in his hand and rested his forehead against hers. She slowly nodded her head as she sniffed back her tears. Logan stood, pulling her up with him, as she clutched the blanket to her chest, and they left the hotel room, making their way back to the jet. Ororo was the first to step onto the jet, but Logan paused, turned back and sniffed at the air. With a grunt he stepped down from the jet and turned towards the small diner that was connected to the hotel.

“Logan?” Ororo called after him as she watched him stalk towards the diner. She stepped from the jet and followed his trek. He entered the diner, which was filled with the usual hustle and bustle of patrons; he slowly scanned the room as Ororo came up behind him, placing her hand on his shoulder. “Logan, what is it?” The cry of a small baby peaked both their interest. Ororo brushed past Logan to where she heard the baby’s cry, with a growl on his lips Logan followed. She stopped at a table where a beautiful young black woman sat cradling a crying child on her shoulder. The young woman smiled up nervously at Ororo, and then her eyes widened with fear at the man now standing before her.

SNIKT!





You must login () to review.