“Yer a dead man, Morph.” Logan growled as he moved toward what appeared to be a very frightened young mother, as nearby patrons gasped and stumbled back watching the ‘freak show’ Ororo remained silent as she stood beside Logan, simply staring at the covered baby in the woman’s tight embrace, too afraid to move and was barely breathing. Scott and Jean were now making their way into the diner.

“Please, please don’t hurt me, please.” The young women cried out, never taking her eyes from the blades that were inching closer to her.

“Guess ya didn’t hear me right, I aint gonna hurt ya I’m gonna kill ya.”

“Logan!” Scott’s voice called out as his hand gripped Logan’s arm, stilling his attack. “This is not the place, and you could hurt the baby.” Ororo whimpered at these words and Logan shot his head to where she stood, trembling as Jean held her.

“Then he had better give me my kid…now.” Logan said hissing out the last part as he leaned his face toward the woman, who in turned hastily nodded and held up the baby to him. Logan’s face instantly softened as he looked at the bundled up baby. His claws retracted as he reached out and gently took the offering, cradling it and slowly, tentatively pushed back the blanket from the child’s face. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, until Logan let out a slight chuckle as he smiled down at the baby. “Hey, Squirt.”

*******


“Yeah why tha fuck not?”

“Because it’s wrong Logan.” Scott said as he continued to block Logan’s way.

“Yer not tha one who’s doin it so don’t worry about it yer conscience is clear, now move outta my way.”

“There’s no need to harm Morph, you and Ororo have your daughter back now, safe and sound.”

“Yeah and I’m gonna make sure it stays that way, I said I was gonna take down all the bastards who stole my kid, and by my count, he’s the last man standin.” Logan said as he glared over Scott’s shoulder to where Morph cowered in the corner of the Blackbird.

“Logan think of Ororo, you saw how happy she was to finally have Nyha back in her arms, would you ruin that by spilling blood here, now?”

“Think of Ro, she’s all I’ve been thinking about for weeks now, chasin her half way round the world. Ya got only a glimpse of what it did ta her losing Nyha, back in that lab, but I saw the real deal. The raw hurt she felt, it nearly drove her crazy and all because this piece of shit, who we once called friend, took our child.” Logan roared as he once again tried to side step Scott to reach Morph, who in turn slid back further against the wall.

“I…I didn’t harm her, I keep her from danger.” Morph tried to reason, which made Logan snarl in anger.

“Yer tha Motherfucker who put her in danger to begin with!” Scott struggled now to hold Logan back, he then turned to Morph.

“Shut up, you’re not helping.” Scott instructed and Morph bowed his head a bit.





You must login () to review.