"Logan,” Jean’s voice cut through the tension filled room and brought a calm relief, as all eyes fell to where she stood. “There are two ladies in the back who need you.” Jean said with a soft smile on her lips as she moved to where Scott stood and wrapped her arms around his waist. Logan nodded his understanding as he headed towards the back, but not before glaring into the corner that housed Morph.

“I aint done wit you yet, not by a long shot bub.” He growled out, causing Morph to flinch and cower further into the corner. Logan then disappeared around the corner.

“He…he’s going to kill me.” Morph whimpered out the words more as a statement then as a question.

“He’s definitely gonna try, so please give a good reason why I should keep stopping him.” Scott said as he now glared hard at the man they all once called friend, as Jean stood with the same look.

“Cause we were friends once, family even and…and I need help. And not just with Logan but with everything, I need help.” Morph cried out with such genuine sincerity that Jean quickly moved and sat beside him and enveloped him in her arms, where he clung to her and cried mournfully.

*******


He stood back a bit in the doorway to watch and listen as his wife occupied herself with their daughter, who smiled and gurgled up at her mother as if she had never left her arms.

“How is she?” He finally spoke out as he moved just behind Ororo, and looked over her shoulder, down into the angelic face of his child, who in turned stopped her bubbly play with her mother to stare up into her father’s face. Both of them stared with the same awe struck gaze.

“At the moment, I think very happy to see her father,” Ororo answered with a proud smile upon her lips. “Would you like to hold her?”

“Naw, darlin you two get reacquainted.”

“You need to get ‘reacquainted’ as well, Logan." She said as she held out the small bundled up child to him, he hesitated only a moment before he grabbed her and cradled her to his chest. He couldn’t help but smile as his daughter continued to stare at him quietly.

“She looks good, Morph took good care of her.” Ororo said as she reached out to stroke Nyha’s soft curls.

“Morph stole her, don’t get soft on me now Ro, he and I are gonna settle this.”

“I know what Morph did Logan, he robbed us of months with Nyha, Goddess we thought she was dead, and I am not excusing him. But now, right now as I stand here with you and her, Morph just doesn’t seem to matter so much. I am just so grateful to be able to hold her in my arms again.” Ororo said as tears slid down her cheek. As if trying to end what Rogue and Jubilee would have seen as a ‘mushy’ moment, Nyha wailed out suddenly. Logan looked like a deer caught in headlights and he hurriedly handed the crying child back to Ororo.

“She aint wet,” Logan said as he nervously watched Ororo bounce Nyha on her shoulder. “Think she’s hungry.”

“Well we’ll be back at the mansion soon, sorry sweetie the jet isn’t equipped for feeding babies.”

“Naw, but you are Ro.” Logan said as she turned and stared at him with wide eyes.

“No, it’s been too long, I’m sure she’ll reject my milk now Logan.” Ororo said too scared to even think on what he had suggested. With every passing day Ororo had told herself that was another day Nyha didn’t need her milk, and soon she’d be eating solids, but still she kept her milk up, pumping her breasts religiously just in case. It was her way of keeping hope alive within her.

“Only one way ta find out, and if yer right then she won’t feed, no harm in tryin.” Ororo nodded her head in agreement as she slowly unzipped the front of her outfit, with a heavy sigh and silent prayer she nestled her daughter close to her, as she offered her breast, which Nyha instantly latched onto and suckled greedily. Ororo cried out in joy and relief, it had been a fear that when they found Nyha, she would not remember them. She now felt a reassurance that they would be ok.





You must login () to review.