“You are still upset?” She asked as she lay on her side in the bed, facing him.

“Damn right I’m upset,” He replied agitated as his voice raised a bit.

“Shhh,” Ororo shushed him as she placed a single finger against her lip and then pointed it down at the small child nestled in the middle of the bed between them sound asleep.

“Sorry darlin,” He said in a whisper. “It just pisses me off that after all that’s happened, after all that Morph’s done, what we went through, the Professor sided with that piece of shit. I don’t want him anywhere near Nyah, if he touches her or even looks at her I’ll cut his fuckin head off.” He barked roughly.

“You know that the Professor believes in helping all mutants even those who may not seems worthy. He did help you after all, welcomed you here. As I recall there were some, myself included you felt that it was not a good idea having you here,” She said as she looked at him unashamed as he nodded his head in acknowledgment to what she was saying. “But The Professor insisted and we relented and look where we are now. If the Professor had turned you away,” Her voice hitched in her throat, and he reached out and gently cupped her face in his hand and leaned over and tenderly kissed her lips and then moved back.

“I’m right here baby,”

“I know but had he turned you away, we would not have any of this. I feel so blessed and I cannot imagine my life without you and Nyah.”

“And you never will, and I know Chuck’s trying to fight the good fight and yeah I know that Morph was brainwashed but that don’t make me hate him any less for what he did. Every time I see him I want to hurt him and honestly if he wasn’t always with Scott or Jean I probably would. I just don’t feel like she’s safe with him around,” He said more softly as he brushed his calloused fingers against his sleeping daughter’s soft coif.

“Then we should leave,” Ororo said matter-of-factly and Logan shot his eyes up and locked on to hers.

“”Ro, what are you saying?” He asked not sure he had heard her right. The months that they had been on the run from Sinister she had spent the entire time trying to convince him that they should go back home, back to the X-Men.

“I am saying that my family is the most important thing to me, and I mean you and Nyah. You are my top priority. And I must admit that I hold Nyah a little closer to me whenever Morph’s around and he is why I want her sleeping in here with us instead of the nursery. I trust you completely Logan, if it were not for you we would not be here now as we are, as a family. So if you don’t want to be here then we should leave,”

“Are you sure? I mean this has been the only home you’ve ever known.” Logan asked feeling a bit guilty, feeling like he was forcing her into something she didn’t really want.

“Logan, ‘you’ are my home. My place is at your side. It’s you, me, and Nyah against the world remember?” She said with a smile as she recalled the words that he had expressed to her during their days on the run. Logan smiled too in remembrance. “It does not matter to me our location as long as you and Nyah are with me, I am at home. We still have our homes in Montreal and the French Quarters we can give the Professor the addresses so he will know where to contact us if he should ever need us.”

“Well Christmas is right around the corner and Christmas just aint Christmas without some snow, so I say we head north.” Logan answered and Ororo smiled a nodded her head.

“Nyah will get to see her first snow fall, you know I did not see my first snow fall until I came here as a teenager. We never had it in Africa.” Ororo announced. “So do we leave tonight or in the morning?”

“It’ll keep tonight, ‘sides I don’t want to wake her, she’s been through so much we should let her rest before we take her back on the road again.” Ororo nodded in agreement. “You sure ya want to leave darlin?”

“I did leave remember, after we lost Nyah. I blamed everyone and everything for the loss of my child, but above all else I believed and I still believe that it was my work in the X-Men that made me a target. Sinister infiltrated the Professor’s security and got files that he kept on all of us, that is how Sinister got to Morph and got to us. Who else has done the same or will do the same, we have many enemies and not just of humankind but also mutantkind, and it is the mutantkind that I fear the most. Could Nyah ever be safe here, can we? I know without a doubt that she is a mutant and that someday her powers will manifest, when that happens I think that it would be beneficial to her to be here, in a school for mutants to help her learn to use her powers for the better of mankind and mutantkind. But until then I just want her to know a semblance of normal, well as normal as we can give her. So we shall leave for Montreal tomorrow.”

“I love you, you know that right?” Logan said suddenly and Ororo couldn’t stop the surprise that filled her face. She did know without a doubt that Logan loved her, but it was very rare that he voiced such feelings. “I know ours hasn’t been the most conventional love story, Nyah’s conception not ideal, but God help me I don’t regret a second of any of it.”

“Nor I love,” Ororo said as she reached out and cupped his face with her hand. “Nor I.”

The End





You must login () to review.