Title: Out of jail, into trouble.

The Jail:

“I just don’t know how you can be so cool about this, father…dad is
gonna be seriously damaged bound when he gets his hand on us, in fact
I’m thinking of asking the Sheriff if I can stay here, where it’s
safe.” Jimmy spoke as he shifted into a more comfortable position,
looking down at his leg that seemed to keep swelling more by the
second.

“Dad, aint gonna do anything but yell, you know how it goes little
bro,” Charlie spoke as he leaned his back against the bars and stared
at his brother, wincing whenever Jimmy did from the pain. Jimmy looked
up at him, wanting to hear his version of how things will play out, but
then his face paled and his eyes grew a bit wider as he stared at his
brother and then just over his shoulders, Charlie continued not
noticing his brother’s fearful eyes. “Dad will be pissed sure, then
comes the yelling, and then the threats of a horrible punishment, and
then Mom will save the day like always with her famous line… ‘Logan you
cannot fault them for being so much like you.’ Then we’ll get off with
some shit like washing the cars and the jet, piece of cake.”

“How bout some ice cream ta go with that ‘piece of cake’,” Logan’s low
voice spoke out and Charlie froze and swallowed down the huge lump that
had formed in his throat, he looked to his brother with questioning
eyes, wondering why he hadn’t warned him, but Jimmy only threw him a
shrug. “I think you were on the right track son, washing the cars and
the jet, but you’re gonna be doing it every weekend fer oh let’s say a
year.”

“A Year!” Jimmy, Charlie, and Ororo all exclaimed.

“Yup, and during that time you will also be grounded, no tv, no phone,
no parties, including school functions,”

“Dad, you can’t be serious, homecoming is in two weeks.” Charlie said
now facing his parent and gripping at the bars.

“Yeah, and guess who won’t be going.”

“Mom,” Charlie then turned to his mother for help, but she only looked
at him with empathy, having already been told in the car on the way
over to not under mind whatever punishment, Logan gave them, which she
had agreed to, no matter how severe she thought it to be. “Ah dad this
is so not fair, we were in an accident, could have been seriously
hurt…”

“That’s right,” Logan growled as he leaned into the bars, snarling a
bit, causing Charlie to move back a bit, he had never seen his father
so angry. “Ya could have been seriously hurt or killed, and how tha
fuck do you think that would have made us feel, did ya think about that
when ya took my bike without my permission?” Either boy replied but
lowered their heads in shame. “Didn’t think so, I’m gonna go bail ya
out and only because yer mother wants me too, personally I think a week
in jail it just what you need and deserve for the stunt you two pulled,
When I get back we’re leaving and I don’t want to hear nothing from
either of you, not one word.” Logan said and then turned a headed back
up front to bail them out.

The mansion:

Bobby had been relaxing in his room, watching an X-Files marathon, when his door opened and a little, dirty head peered inside.

“Unca Bobby, can I hide here.” N’Dare stated, entering his room and popping in Bobby’s lap. “Unca Scott was mean, I don’t wanna have a bath no more.”

“Mmmm. I hate to be the one saying this, but you do NEED to take a bath, pumkin.” Bobby tried to clean her face a little. “You were helping your momma again, weren’t you?”

Before N’Dare could answer, Scott appeared in the door, with a stern face.

“N’Dare, come take a bath, now young lady.” He said, in his best ‘I’m the-boss-obey-me’ voice.

N’Dare wasn’t impressed. She stuck her tongue out, leaning more into Bobby’s lap. “I don’t wanna, Scooter, so there.”

Bobby couldn’t help but laugh at the spunky kid, who was so like her father. She looked at him, annoyed. “Not funny.”

“Ok, ok, what did Scott do, pumkin?” Bobby asked, enjoying the situation. Scott being put in his place by a three year-old! Wait until Hank hears this!

“I only wanted to give her a bath, that’s all.”

“No! Liar, liar, liar!” N’Dare shouted. She turned to Bobby with a serious face. “He threw all the toys inside the water, splash!” She emphasized by throwing her arm outwards. “And first goes Duckie, then Fluffy, then Marty…” She explained, while counting with her chubby fingers.

Scott put on a face of annoyance, but Bobby took what N’Dare said very seriously.

“He didn’t! All at the same time?” Bobby tsched Scott. “You should be ashamed… Every toy must go into the water at its own time.” N’Dare nodded.

Bobby got up, with the girl scooped in his arms. “Come with me, pumkin, I know how to make a good bath. I’m even gonna let you use my duck.”

Bobby took her into his bath, and soon they came out, the little girl playing with a black rubber duck.

“You should learn from me, Scott.” Bobby whispered before going out.

Scott only buffed. “Why am I surprised? Those two are the same mental age.” He said leaving the room deciding to let Bobby take care of N’Dare.

The jail:

Charlie and Jimmy didn’t look at their father when he arrived back with the Sheriff. Sheriff Brown opened the door, and Charlie helped Jimmy to get up and walk out of the cell.

“You should be thankful. Your father paid the shop’s owner and he isn’t going to press anymore charges.” Sheriff Brown announced and the twins gulped, knowing that their father was going to have a lot to say about that, later.

Ororo went to help Jimmy and looked at her husband. “Damage? He was going to report the window, that was all that was damaged right?” She asked, a little surprised.

Logan looked at her and then at the twins. They had the decency to look ashamed.

“Naw, that won’t tha ‘only’ damage. Why don’t you tell your mother which shop you crashed into?” Jimmy looked at Charlie, who mumbled something. Logan growled. “I can hear you, kid, but I already know that. Tell your mother.”

“The antique shop.” Charlie said, and their mother’s look made him recoil.

“And?” Logan urged him to continue. “Go on, you did it, face it like a man.”

“We broke two old vases… and the motorcycle crashed against a closet, but I think the door can be fixed…”

“Nope. It can’t.” Logan looked at her wife. “So now we own fifty pieces of two Ming vases, and a broken Louis XIV closet. I think that it’s going to be the twin’s Christmas and birthdays presents… from the entire mansion.” Jimmy looked depressed, but he didn’t say anything Charlie, however was a different story.

“But uncle Remy promised us the new Playstation! You can’t tell him what to give us as a present, and he doesn’t have to do as you say.” He snapped.

Logan stopped and faced his son, with a scowl and Charlie instantly regretted even opening his mouth. “Like Hell I can’t! And he better do as I say, if he knows what’s good fer ‘you’! And not only that, you two are working everyday and without allowance until you pay me back for the crap I just bought and my motorcycle’s repair, you hear me!” He shouted his chest heaving as his breath came in pants from his anger.

Ororo put a hand on his arm hoping to calm him. “No need to shout, Logan. I’m sure they understand.” She turned to face the twins, her eyes turning white for a moment. “The local newspaper is going to have two new paper boys also.”

“But we live too far away from anybody else, which means we’ll have to wake up way early…”

“I think that if you get up at four fifteen, you shouldn’t have any problem.” Ororo said, interrupting Charlie. “And maybe that can help you to think next time before doing something so stupid.”

They all get into the car, and Jimmy closed his eyes and leaned his head against the back of the seat. They were silent for a while, but soon Charlie leaned forward, propping his elbows into the two seats in front of him.

“So… If we’re going to work off the debt, does that means we can go out, and to homecoming…”

“No, kid, you’re still grounded, now you have to work, too, and no presents this year. And next year, we’ll see.” Logan answered, eyes glued to the road.

Charlie sighed and turned to Ororo, with his best puppy face. “Com’on, mum, you know how important homecoming is…”

“No, I do not know. I never attending a Homecoming, we had no such thing at the institute when I was your age.”

“Well, it’s important. Jimmy and I have a reputation, you know? We can’t let everybody think we are a couple of babies…”

“Oh, shut the fuck up already, Charlie. We are in deep shit at it is, don’t make it worse, please.” Jimmy snapped, without opening his eyes, stunning Charlie into silence, and causing their father too smirk at his boldness, hoping it was something he’d keep up.





You must login () to review.