Sighing deeply she let her body sink into the steaming hot water. The mountains of bubbles covered her body entirely and she leaned her head back against the edge of the tub. Another, more tortured sigh as she pinned her hair on top of her head. For a moment she imagined that it was his fingers brushing through her hair, like they had been only minutes before. Tracing her own neck gently, she closed her eyes to remember the heat of his kisses. Planning a long night for you. His husky voice echoed in her head. It was driving her insane, yet she continued to replay every single detail. The warm orange glow that the setting sun cast on his skin. His face slightly covered by shadow. The shimmering of his eyes, storm cloud gray.

She looked up at the ceiling and narrowed her eyes in a glare. Why did Jean have to show up right then? Calling out Logan’s name. How did she know where he was anyway. And what was so damn important that she needed him right then. After he left she threw herself on the bed and hugged her pillow. She felt like crying, or punching something. Maybe someone. Instead she decided to take a bath. And here she was, torturing herself with thoughts of him. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be.

“Thinking about me darlin’”

Her body jumped and her eyes snapped open. There he was again, in the doorway. His body illuminated by the light glow of the candles she had around her room. Powerful arms crossed over his bare chest. Jean-clad and bare foot. He looked so beautiful to her that she almost thought she was imagining it all. “I , I didn’t think you would be coming up again tonight.” She cursed herself inwardly for her voice faltering.

He made his way slowly to her, and sat down on a stool next to her tub. “We have something to talk about darlin’, and I wasn’t leaving until we had that talk.”

She smiled gently, “we weren’t doing much talking Logan.” She felt herself grow more relaxed when she saw his broad grin. “However, I do think a talk is necessary. Things haven’t exactly been,” she paused to find the right word, chewing on her lower lip, “normal lately.” She ended the statement there, when all she wanted was to say all she felt for him. Wanted to scream that she had fallen in love with him. That all she wanted was to spend this night in his arms, feeling him caress her like he had done earlier. Desired so much to tell him that she didn’t care about his shady past, about the fact that he made her lose control. She wanted to embrace all of that, all of him. Help him fight his demons, his fears, and help him fill all those empty spots in his heart with memories of them, together.

Her mind was in so much turmoil that she almost missed what he had said. But it was impossible for it to be true. He couldn’t have said what she thought he had. “Ro, you listening.” She felt his hand brush her cheek and when she looked up at him, his eyes were filled with worry and fear, and also…love. “I love you Ororo. I don’t know when it happened, but it did. And I want you to know I never meant to make you feel like less of a woman. If anything you are the most amazing woman of . . .”

Before he could finish his sentence, she lifted herself out of the tub and brought her lips to his in a soft luxurious kiss. “Logan how could you think that. You’re the only man that has made me feel like a true woman. You make me whole. And I love you too.” His arms wrapped around her and before she knew it he was lifting her out of the tub and spinning her in joy. Laughter filled the bathroom and she held on to her newfound love for dear life. When he placed her feet on the ground she nearly fainted from the mix of emotions his eyes possessed.

Taking her hand he guided her into the bedroom and she gasped when she saw the bed covered in rose petals and a dark green silk item of clothing on the bed. Coming closer she realized it was a lace teddy, strategically chosen from the Victoria Secret catalogue. Giving him a mock scowl she picked up the catalogue that now lay on her nightstand. As she thumbed through it she felt his warm arms wrap around her body. “I guess now you have use for it.” He mumbled into her hair gently, as his hand skimmed up and down her body.

She smiled sweetly at him and she turned to face him. Wrapping her arms around him she snuggled into his chest. “Yes it does seem so. But tonight we have no use for it.” Her fingers started to undo his shirt. “Tonight I just want to sleep in your arms, and I want to feel your skin against mine.” Logan didn’t argue, just watched as she undressed him. When she was done he brought her hands up to his lips and kissed them gently. Then scooping her up in his arms he placed her under the covers. He smiled gently at the sight of her. Her eyes were fluttering and he couldn’t think of anything more beautiful than her angelic sleepy face. Slipping into bed with her, he wrapped his protective arms around her body and closed his eyes. And for the first time ever, he slept, and no nightmares came.





You must login () to review.