DECEPTION

Disclaimer: As much as I wuld have liked the characters belong to Marvel. I’m just borrowing them for a little fun without gaining anything from them(except some serious criticism!)

“Jean I…Oh Goddess!” Ororo Munroe stared wide-eyed at the taboo before her. She wished she were anywhere but at the open doorway of the med lab at the Xavier school for the gifted. Then she wouldn’t be watching the sight of her best friend Jean Summers with her head thrown back, her lips parted slightly and her long legs wrapped around Ororo’s boyfriend’s jean clad buttocks. What was worst his head was buried between her exposed breasts suckling greedily! A look of unconcealed sexual arousal written on her pretty face right before she opened her eyes in a state of confusion then surprised horror as Jean turned her head to where she was still rooted.
Ororo’s beautiful blue eyes glazed over with white-hot power. Energy surrounded her in a murderous haze. The goddess would punish those that had betrayed her! A bolt of terrifying lightening crashed close to where Jean and Logan still froze. It ripped a gaping whole right through the hard metal of the wall.
“Oh God, ‘Ro!” shrieked Jean as she tried to shove Logan away. Hearing the fright from that once trusted voice pulled her back. Ororo felt herself ripped apart at the combined guilty weight of their eyes boring into her. The woman she had called sister and the man she loved wrapped in each other’s arms! Doing things that she had dreamed of doing with him!
No! No!
As sudden as the powerful rage of the storm appeared it was gone. She would not add to her pain with the burden of their blood on her hands. She would deal with this as she had all other matters that threaten her sanity.
“Shit! Ro wait!” Logan growled trying hard to pull his jeans up in order to get to her. But Ororo had already bolted from the door.
Logan and Jean! Lovers! The images she had witness wrapped themselves around her mind. How long! Goddess how long had they been deceiving them all? She had been such a fool to think he had finally given up on her. It had only been six months since she and Logan had started dating. He had told her over and over that he was over lusting after Jean. And fool that she was, had believed him. Believed him enough to start to see a future between herself and him. After all Jean had married Scott now and……. Goddess Scott! This would kill him! His wife of only two months and the man he barely tolerated! She had to leave the mansion until she could get her thoughts together or before she came across him!
“Ororo I need to talk to you.” yelled a voice coming from behind her. Ororo froze in her blind rush down the hall. She gazed longingly towards the double doors of the mansion.
So close. Goddess help her deal with this.
Pushing the increasing pain away she placed her impenetrable “untouchable goddess” look on her beautiful face and turned to face Scott Summers.
“Yes Scott “ she managed to say, slightly surprised her voice was so calm. Then again she had her unapproachable goddess disguise well rehearsed. Until Logan had managed to pull down her walls. He had given her hope that maybe she could be more then unattainable. She could feel like a desirable woman too. But now she knew it all had been lies. Perhaps lies to gain what he had sort since coming back to the mansion, Jean.
“Have you seen Jean? I’ve been looking all over for her.” he asked when he was close enough to her. Ororo felt as if she would crumble right in front of him. Goddess be damned! This new pain was too new! Of all the questions he could have asked her! Dear Goddess, would this ever end?
“Ro? Are you alright?” asked Scott in a voice full of concern, which was almost her undoing. “Has Logan done something?”
“I..No! Scott I…..” her words weakly trailed off. Just as she spied rapidly approaching red hair in the corner of her eyes.
“Scott! There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you.” Slightly breathless, but composed Jean raced to her husband. Followed slowly by a silent Logan. Both pairs of eyes glanced anxiously at Ororo. But only Jean’s held fear. You should be afraid sister dear! Thought Ro viciously. But I won’t be the one to destroy Scott’s illusions. You’ll do that all on your own!
“So was I. Where were you?” Scott inquired as he drew her in his arms. He spared Logan a brief nod. To think Scott thought he and Logan had finally made peace of they’re past antagonism towards each other! If only he had Wolverine’s heighten senses! Then he could smell Logan all over his precious wife and her on him. Then he would know the truth.
No. Scott did not deserve such pain and betrayal. No one did.
“In the Med Lab talking with Logan”
How easily the lie flowed from her lips! Thought Ororo. A loud bolt of lightening thundered over the mansion. Three pairs of eyes turned to her. She felt them. Especially his but she dared not look at him or she would loss all her barely contained control. Instead she concentrated on keeping the coming storm at bay.
“Ro?” Scott asked. He gave her a mildly suspicious look “You going to tell me what’s going on?”
“Nothing, Scott” she whispered. Liar!
“You’re upset. Don’t you think you should talk ……..”
No, no way was she going to be made part of their sordid affair! She would not hurt Scott nor would she lie to him. “Scott I’m sorry. I must go” Without another word she ran for the door. She could hear steps behind her but she kept going until she yanked open the door and summoned a wind to race her up to the open sky. Logan gazed longing up at the quickly disappearing form. The rapidly darkening sky let him know exactly how badly she had been hurt. Damn!

Three hours later she hadn’t return and he was getting worried. Maybe he should just go look for her. So what if she fried his ass with a bolt of lightening, he’ll heal. He just didn’t think she would. Logan would never forget that look on her face as long as he lived. That mixture of anguish and resignation. And he had put it there. In one selfish moment he had destroyed the beginning of the best thing that ever happened to him. It had taken them a long time to get together. Months of chasing her and being given the ‘Goddess’ treatment. She had believed he wasn’t over Jean and wanted to make sure before having anything to do with him. A choice she was probably thanking her lucky stars she’d made. Then the day came when she had let her guard down at the lake. He had ran with it. Cornered her until she gave in. One kiss, a hell of a kiss was all it took.
If only he hadn’t followed Jean to the med lab. If only she hadn’t started to flirt with him again. If only she hadn’t tripped and fallen in his arms. If only she hadn’t raised her smoldering green gaze to stare up at him. If only he hadn’t smelled her scent. The scent of an aroused woman. There was a million “if onlys” but none would change what happened. He’d royally fucked up!
*My X-men you’re needed*
He growled. He hated when the professor did that! Why couldn’t he just send someone to get him instead of fucking with his damn head!
*Sorry Logan. But this is an emergency and this is the quickest way to get to all of you.
Logan growled again. Isn’t it always!

By the time Logan reached the professors office, Scott, Jean, Rogue, Beast, and Psylock were already there.
“This better be good Chuck!” he murmured. He glanced around to confirm what his nose had already told him. Storm wasn’t there. Damn! He was wasting time not going to look for her.
“Come in Logan. We have a matter that has arisen that we need to handle immediately.”
“What is it professor?” asked Scott.
“Ororo will be leaving us for a time.” Xavier waited for what he said to sink in.
“What!” intoned Scott and Logan at the same time.
“Where she goin, professor?” whispered Rogue. Somethin wasn’t right with her friend and she suspected ‘Ms Goody two shoo’ knew what!
“I don’t know Rogue. She came to me only moments before, requesting an indefinite leave. Ororo has never asked for time off before. I could not deny her. But in her absence Jubilee will come here from the Massasschutes School.” He intoned, hiding his own worry behind a look of nonchalance. Xavier watched with interest at the varying degrees of emotion coming from his team. But it was Logan’s darken expression that worried him most. He saw the barely held anger bouncing from him towards……Jean? And strangely he also sensed an equally strong amount of guilt coming from her and something else. Which ran deeper and seemed darker. Xavier watched silently as she avoided Logan’s eyes. To think about it Jean was the only one that hadn’t reacted to his news. At first it had crossed his mind that Ororo may have confided in her but now he wasn’t so sure. He had a very bad feeling that had stayed with him since Ororo came to see him but now it had increased. All was not well with his Xmen.
“Why is she leaving?” Anger and Suspicion warred with Scott as he asked the question. “Was it because of him” he waved a fisted hand in the direction of the door. It wasn’t necessary to see his eyes hidden behind wide, red visors to know that he was glaring at Wolverine.
“Bite me asshole!”
“If you hurted her so help me………”
~snickt~
“You’ll what!”
“Logan! Scott!” Both men stilled at the evident command in the professors voice. “This will not help matters!”
Xavier cleared the remains of his disturbing thoughts from his mind before anyone else picked up on them. “She did not say, Scott and I didn’t push her. Preferring to respect her privacy.” While he talked Logan had turned towards the door and before Xavier even finished talking he had yanked the door open and stalk off.
“Logan!” Xavier called. “We’re not done here.”
“I am” came the deep growl. Xavier signed. He didn’t like this.
“Ah get him, professor.”
“No Rogue. We will continue without him. Even with the addition of Jubilee I will still need some of you to take over a couple of Ororo’s classes.” He said warily.
“No problem. Anything to help Ro” For the first time since Logan walked in and out, Jean raised her head and stared at the professor.
“When is she leaving?”
“In the morning.” It wasn’t long after that before Xavier dismissed them to stare into the flames of his fireplace. His earlier thoughts clouding his mind.

Ororo Munroe was usually up to meet the sunrise. This day was no exception. She needed the peace and calm afforded her by nature. To commune as part of the elements and leave the turmoil’s of humanity behind for the brief moments of peace her abilities could allow her. She needed this in order to walk away from the only home and family she knew. What choice did she have? To remain and stand around watching the flirtation between Jean and Logan began again and seeing the destructive effect it would have on Scott, the team? No she must leave. As much as she would miss them she could not deal with any more torment at the hands of the ones she loved most.
She was not certain where she would go but it would be some place far. Maybe Africa, she had not seen her mother’s people for so long. Perhaps it was time to return. Or she would go back to New Orleans. No, that was not an option. The Cajun would know she was there and find her. She could not go back where another who had betrayed her would be.
No.
Wherever she went it would have to be someplace where her past couldn’t follow.
Just a little before the sun could blanket across the dawning sky, Ororo left her haven in the clouds and landed on her attic balcony. She didn’t enter the room. Instead she faced the bright silhouette of reds and oranges in the distance as if memorizing them. For no other reason then wherever she went this sunrise would be like no other. It wasn’t long before her gaze wondered towards the path that led to a place that had come to mean more to her then her greenhouse. The lake.
She knew the one person she still longed for yet didn’t want to face would already be there. Logan was the same elemental creature that she was. There need to be one with nature a vital part of them. He would be in the woods by the lake practicing a series of lethal exercises that kept him as one of the deadliest mutants on the planet. Since they had started dating it had quickly become habit for her to go find him there after her own strengthening from her goddess. The first time had been purely by accident. She had been flying over a clump of trees, not realizing her destination, when she spotted hastily discarded clothes at the bank of the lake. She had assumed it was one of the students out for a morning swim and was about to quickly fly out of sight when Logan emerged.
He was standing waist deep in the water shaking his wild mane of dark hair like his namesake. Ororo had choked back a laugh. Until it became obvious from her vantage point that he was completely naked. Goddess! He looked so. ……viral. It had been much too long since she had felt the intimate attentions of a man. The goddess in her urged her to continue on but the woman couldn’t resist a chance to put one over on him. Especially after that brutal session they’d had in the danger room the previous day.
She landed near his cloths with quiet grace and quickly scoped them up. Ever mindful to keep the wind from carrying her scent to him. She was about to return to the skies when she heard him. Or rather he had heard her. It wasn’t easy to play a trick on a mutant with heighten senses.
“What you doin there darlin?” Ororo had faced him with a mischievous smile parting her lips.
“What does it look like Logan?”
“Like you stealing my clothes” She noticed as he locked gaze with her that he started slowly walking out of the water. Cascading water snaked down his muscular frame as tantalizing inch by inch of his masculine flesh was revealed. She could have flown away before he got to close or showed too much but Ororo found she couldn’t move away. A large part of her didn’t want to miss what the teasing glint in his eyes promised. She waited with mounting anticipation.
Maybe this wasn’t a wise move. She thought as more and more of his body was exposed to her. He wanted Jean. Not her.
“What’s the matter darling? Rethinking your little game.” He challenged, eyes sparkling at her.
She hesitated. Whether it was their seclusion, or the open invitation in his eyes Ororo wanted to see where this might lead. Jean be damned. For a few seconds she could pretend he saw only her. “Do not take another step, Logan unless you want to really know why they call me Storm,” she warned.
He didn’t stop.
She didn’t think he would have.
“What you going to do, goddess. Fry me. I never took you for a scardey cat, Ro.” Ororo took several steps back. And tried to stifle a gasp of admiration. Logan was only knee deep in water. Every inch of his taut, powerful build was exposed to her vision. Entranced by drops of water that clung to the dark mat of hair on his chest, she openly ogled him. His lips turned up in a predatory smirk at the open desire on her face. He continued his concentrated and précised steps towards her. Knowing exactly the kind of havoc he was wrecking with her pulse. Excited shivers ran up and down her back. She had always been in awe at his primitive side but this. Oh goddess!
“Don’t tempt me. And I have no reason to fear you” Good. She heard none of the tremors she was feeling in her voice. Any weaknesses and he would pounce.
“Don’t you? You started this game. I’m just getting into the spirit of things.” Suddenly he stopped and made a show of sniffing the air. He chuckled “ Is that arousal I smell, goddess?” he growled. His eyes ran slowly down her tank top and shorts clad form. As she helplessly watched with feminine fascination as his penis rapidly increased in size. Goddess! It was time to end this game.
“Do not be absurd Logan” he smirked. And tapped a finger to his nose.
“I know what my nose is telling me, ‘Ro. It hasn’t lied to me yet.”
“Believe what you will. But….”
“Ro?” she stopped talking. The ferociously hungry way he was looking at her was enough to cause her knees to buckle under. She suddenly knew what it was like to be prey for this man. “You aren’t being fair in this game. You have way too much clothes on. Let me help you even the playing field.”

Three admantium claws glimmered menacingly at her. Then it hit her like a ton of bricks. He wanted her! Ororo gasped. It was evident not only on his body but his eyes too. Logan wanted her! She should have been afraid.
Far from it.
It was her thundering pulse and hammering heart that had her worried. She finally admitted to herself what she had tried to hide since his arrival two years ago. She wanted him.
“You are mistaken, Logan. I was merely trying to pull one of Bobby’s pranks on you. That is all.”
“Maybe that’s how it started darling, but that’s not what your scent is saying now.” He grinned wickedly.
“Perhaps you have been out here to long.” She teased. “As have I.”
His sudden move to close the last remaining steps and grab her against him had left her feeling surprised, breathless and dazed with longing. She had faintly heard his softly spoken “to late” before he tightened his hold on her waist. It was then Ororo realized her foully, she had awaken the animal in him. Logan was no longer there. She was only dealing with Wolverine.
Even with that insight and the presences of his harden penis rubbing against her abdomen had not fully prepared her for the rawness of his need nor the naked hunger that raced her pulse. The kiss that followed had been enough for her to know that she had fallen in love with both the man and the beast that were both of what made him whole.
The weeks that followed after that single kiss had seemed almost magical to Ororo. At first they had tried to keep their new relationship a secret. Then Logan had wanted to tell Marie and she had to tell Bobby. Soon the whole school knew and not all were congratulating them. Scott had thought she was making a big mistake. Jean had insisted that Logan was using her. It all fell on deaf eyes.
She had learned there were many sides to the mysterious Logan. Who would have imaged Wolverine picking flowers? Or making a fool of himself rollerblading in Central Park? Scott would have gotten a kick out of seeing Logan seating through a video like ‘Pretty Woman’ or ‘American Sweethearts’. Those were a few layers of who he was. Parts of him she was certain only herself and perhaps Marie had seen. But there was still a bigger part of him she had only gotten glimpses of and only Jean had known.
His passionate side.
If only she had not stopped him that time at the lake. If only she had not pushed him away so many times after. Wanting to be certain that he had been over Jean. If only she had open up more. Or given him what he wanted, no needed as much as she had. So many ‘if only’s’. Yet none would have changed what happened.
A knock on her door pushed the memories aside. There would be plenty of time to wallow in regret. Ororo sent a final glance towards the hidden path that led to the lake and entered her room towards the door. She had less then an hour to finish packing and be gone before he returned.





You must login () to review.