Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine, they belong to Marvel. I am using them not for gain but for joy.

Title: Deception: prt4 Home

Rating: none

Author’s Notes: Ororo returns, but what she finds leaves her devastated! Sorry took so long to update but I hope this makes up for it.





The wind in her long white tresses, sun kissing her exposed brown skin from a red halter-top, the earth and its elements in harmony once again with her soul, Ororo Munroe sped through the iron gates of the Xavier Institute with only one thought in mind.

Home.

She was finally back where she belonged. Goddess help her but she had missed it all. The mansion, the students and…… No! She would not go there. He was no longer a part of her life only a teammate, nothing more. Anxiety poked at her stomach nonetheless. Not only because of Logan but also at the kind of reception she would receive from the others. Since her hasty departure she had not called or kept in touch unable to listen to any more of the persuasive or sympathic words from those she loved. She did not want their pity, just there congratulations at the changes in her life. A soft smile crossed her lips. So many things to tell them.

She pulled her new red Lexus convertible into the garage and got out. First thing she spotted was Logan’s bike. He was still here. Part of her had hoped that he had left again. That way she did not have to face him so soon. Certain now he knew she was back, Ororo took a deep breath and headed inside.

“Ms. Munroe! Ya back!” Ororo turned in the main hall in time to have the wind knocked out of her by white streaked brown hair. “I’m so glad ya back!”

She smiled indulgently over the top of the girls’ head. “So I see.”

Rogue pulled back from her and looked up. Sadness marring the happy glint. “So much gone on, Ms. Munroe. Ya not gonna believe it.”

Ororo frowned “What is it, child”

“I..I shouldn’t be da one ta tell ya.”

“Nonsense. What has happened?”

“It’s Lo…..”

“Rogue, there you are! We got to get to Chemistry. Oh, hi Ms. Munroe! Welcome back.” Robert Drake hurried to his girlfriend’s side, hoping she had not said anything to Ms. Munroe. The professor needed to be the one to fill her in. he signed with relief when he saw the beautiful teacher still smiling.

“Thank you Robert. It’s good to be home.”

Bobby and Rogue exchanged glances. Ororo saw the exchange between them and her brows deepened into grooves. She wanted to question them further but Robert was already backing away, pulling Rogue with him.

“We gotta get going, I’ll catcha later, bye!”

“Wait Ro…….” The two students quickly disappeared into a classroom several doors down.

Ororo shrugged and started for Professor Xavier’s office. She stood before the double doors about to knock.

~ Come in Ororo. ~

She pushed opened the door and smiled warmly as the professor moved from around his desk and held his hands out in greeting. She walked forward and allowed him to clasp her fingers as she leaned down and kissed his temple.

“Welcome home. You’ve been sorely missed.”

“Thank you, Professor. I have also missed home.”

“Why have you stayed away so long?”

He let her hands go and she sat in a comfortable chair next to him. “I need the extra time to forget and move on.”

“Did it help.”

She slowly nodded. “In many ways it did. What about the school, any trouble?”

“Nothing we could not handle.”

The door suddenly burst opened and Jubilation Lee rushed towards Ororo. “Thank god you are finally back, Ms Munroe. You have to do something about Wolvie. Just because his now in…….”

“Jubilee!” Xavier said sharply. The startled dark haired girls eyes rounded at the tone in the professor’s voice. Ororo too stared at him. She had never known him to raise his voice with any of them.

“Professor?” she questioned.

“You haven’t told her!” Jubilee asked in shock. “ She needs to know, professor.”

“Know what?”

Xavier signed, and looked at Ororo. There was no gentle way to cushion what he had to say. “There’s been an accident.”

“It’s Wolvie, his hurt.”

“Where is he?” she asked past a lump in her throat. She had known something was wrong but had ignored the feeling.

“His room.” Xavier said almost in a whisper. She was out of the seat and the door before he could say another word. Xavier turned towards the nervous girl and arched his brow.

Her heart racing with dread, Ororo summoned a gust of wind and raced up the long oak staircase and landed smoothly at the top. She hurried down one corridor and turned left at another that led to the teachers rooms, including the stairs to her own attic haven. Something was different. All the wall scorns were missing allowing the only light to come from the large window at the end of the hall. Feeling uneasy, Ororo reached Logan’s room and stared down at the doorknob as if it would bite her. Flashes of their last conversation together crossed her mind. How bad was he hurt? What had happened during the seven months of her absence? Would he care that she had returned? Did he hate her for leaving? Did it matter?

No.

Reaching up she confidently knocked several times with no answer. He was purposely ignoring her. She knew it, could sense it. Determinedly, Ororo reached for and turned the knob and pushed the door opened. A small amount of light filtered a long stream into the even darker room but it was not enough to see with. She groped a hand along the wall to try and find the light switch and flicked it back in forth. Nothing happened. What was going on? Did not anyone realize the power was out on this floor? Why had not Scott done something? She knew he was a stickler for the mansion being safe under any circumstance. Maybe he was still dealing with other matters. She stepped into the large room and was instantly slapped by a sickening smell of rotten food, dirty clothes, urine and strong body odor.

Goddess!!!!

The offensive smells weaved up to her nose almost causing her to stagger back. Summoning up a cleansing gust, she drove the smells back and glanced around making out an over turned chair, scattered objects almost covering the carpeted floor, boxes and the disheveled bed.

“Logan.”

A shuffling but no answer. Only motionless shadows. Her unease was quickly turning to fear. Logan was not the neatest person but this! Something was seriously wrong. Why would he not answer her? Every instinct told her he was here. A ripple of panic gripped her by the shoulders and raced up and down her spine to the roots of her hair. Ororo walked further in stubbing over broken pieces of furniture and clothes. She listened for any type of sounds or movement from the dark corners.

“Logan.” She called out again “I know you are here. Answer me!” several silent minutes ticked by and still no answer. Perhaps Charles was wrong. Logan would have answered by now. Ororo decided to go back downstairs and hear what Xavier had to say. She had questions and wanted answers. Turning to leave, she suddenly stopped. A shuffling noise sounded to her far left in the darkest corner of the unlit room.

Enough was enough! What kind of game was Logan playing with her? Well she would no longer play! Ororo held up fisted hands up, her eyes glazed over white and summoned up enough power to cause her hands to glow in a bright electrically charged brilliant white light. That revealed a filthy and almost completely destroyed room She strode to the far corner and gasped in shock horror.

“Goddess!”

Raising any arm to shield his eyes from the sudden illumination, Logan cowered away from her. His black, thick hair was a bunch of tangled and wild strands. It appeared to badly need a wash and comb. His rugged face was covered in long strands of sprouting hair that resembled wirily threads of a brillo pad. Nails uncharacteristically long were blackened with dirt. The rumpled tee shirt and sweats with the schools logo were tattered and gapping with holes. He lowered his arm and glared hatefully at her. Brown eyes narrowing further when he saw the repulsion echoing in her whited eyes.

“Ya done gawking, now get the fuck out!” Ororo reeled from the angry words. Logan has never spoken to her like that before, no matter how angry he got.

“What has happened to you.” She asked rushing towards him.

“Don’t fuckin come near me!” he yelled. She stopped.

“Tell me.” She pleaded, eyes suddenly lighting on the metal wheelchair he sat on. “No! That’s not possible.”

He suddenly exploded. “GET DA FUCK OUT!”

Ororo numbly shook her head. “No. Not until you tell me who did this. What happened?”

“Ya happened!” he snapped. “Cyke put two and two together and came afta me. The fuckin coward never even gave me a chance ta defend myself. So ya see darlin, he did ya dirty work for ya.”

Ignoring his accusation, she questioned. “Scott? He would never hurt…….”

“Yea. These say different darlin.” He sneered yanking at his lifeless legs. “Ya boycott finally got his pound of flesh!” Her eyes followed his actions and emotions unlike anything she had ever faced before ripped at her. Goddess, this was some kind of nightmare or sick joke. Logan watched and almost enjoyed the pain, guilt and regret he smelled leaping of her. “What’s da matter, Ro? Ya don’t like what ya see?”

“Your healing factor. Why did it not heal you?” she asked. Her voice quivered as she tried to make sense of what he was telling her and what her eyes was seeing.

“Guess havin a whole da size of a bowlin ball blasted into ya, kinda fucks that up!” his face glowered menacingly at her.

Disbelievingly, her eyes scan his injured body and noted no obvious changes except he was glued to a wheelchair. He watched her eyes run over his leg again and again as if willing them to move. His anger started building uncontrollably. Why the fuck did she come back, now? For months after the ‘accident’ he’d laid strapped to beeping machines with tubes running into holes in his head, arms and every other conceivable place unable to stop jean and that fucking beast from poking at him with their damned tests! His only source for retaining his sanity was the image of her. Of the hope that he’d heal sooner or later and go find her. To make things right again.

But now he knew there was no chance that would ever happen. He was stuck in this metal contraption for the rest of his life. Making her far outta his reach. All because he’d made the biggest mistake of both their lives.

“There must be something……..” she started to say helplessly as black tunnel clouds darken outside.

“There’s nothing! I’m fucking stuck in this crap for the rest of my life! And it’s all because of ya and that fuckin asshole! This da last time I’m telling ya ta get the fuck out!”

Lightening crashed through a tree on the grounds and split it in half. They did not even notice. Both there eyes glued to the sorrow written on each other. Logan almost cried out at the look in her eyes as his words sunk in. Sorry Ro, this the only way I know how ta let ya go and keep ya safe.

Pain grabbed at Ororo. She deserved it all. The open rage and hate pulsing from Logan’s eyes was less then she deserved. It was true, she had done this. Her words had pushed Scott into trying to kill Logan. She had escaped without preventing what she knew her words had started. Guilt whipped at her as she accepted the weight. Part of her had wanted Scott to find Logan. Perhaps to hurt him as much as he had hurt them. But Goddess, help her, not like this. What had she done! A soft moan escaped her lips as she tried to rein in the uncontrolled blasts of power ravishing outside while keeping her eyes from meeting his.

“Logan I am………”

“I don’t need ya pity, goddess! I don’t need anything from ya .” he said full of loathing, his eyes as hard as stone. She glanced at him and did cry out.

“GET OUT! GET OUT! I never wanna see ya damned face again.”

Shocked, mind blinded by pain, she turned tripping over objects in her hast to the door.

“I don’t wanna ever see ya face gain!”

She closed it with trembling fingers, tears finally allowed to run down her face like the rain beating on the windows. Closing her eyes against his image just as glass slammed behind the closed door and shattered. Ororo crumbled to her knees, clutching at her stomach.

“Goddess, what have I done.” She moaned wretchedly.

For long minutes the dark hall became a haven of solitude for her grief as the weather worsen outside. A sudden thought forced its way into her mind. Scott. Where was he? What must he be going through with the realization he nearly killed a teammate?

“You bitch! How dare you come back here, after what you’ve done!”

Ororo’s head snapped up and she stared into the vengeful, bright red light of the rapidly moving dark Phoenix. She could tell Jean was no longer in control as her red hair floated out like live tendrils, her eyes small pits of raging flame, even the green costume she wore was that of the dark demon.

“Jean! What has….”

“You are responsible for destroying our lives! You, with your jealousy couldn’t wait to tell Scott! Because of you, Scott is gone and Logan no longer wants me! I’ve lost both of them and now you will pay!” as she levitated several feet from the ground.

Ororo stood up and faced her. She knew the only way to stop the demon was to try and get Jean to take control again. A task that would not be easy.

“I accept my part of what has happened but I am not the only one to blame. You and Logan started this!”

“No! We loved each other you would not let him go. Now you will face my wrath!” Jean screamed barreling a telekinetic fist into an unsuspecting Ororo. She went flying backwards and slammed into the hard wood of the walls. Blood splattered from her lips as pain rushed throughout her body but she recovered quickly. Her eyes whited over just as Jean kicked her square in the jaw, sending her a few feet of balance. Ororo shook her head to clear it as she tried to regain her balance. The phoenix roared with rage and blindly sent a blast of burning, yellow and red flames towards her. She tried to sprang out of the way only to have the wind knocked out of her from a brutal kick to the chin. Jean landed and used her psychokinetic powers to elevate her struggling body up then slammed from wall to wall like a ragged doll. Helplessly Ororo was lifted and brought down hard. Extreme, numbing waves from cracked ribs; fractured arm and several gaping bloody cuts enveloped her in a cloud of
darkness. In a last ditched effort, she tried to lift her hands in defense but a well-aimed chair spiraled hard against her dangling arm and breaking even more bones.

“Jean!” Logan growled savagely from the carpet. The lower part of his door had been smashed and clawed into swigs. “Leave her alone!” he shouted, eyes taking in Ororo crumbled, unmoving form and hating his condition even more.

She rounded on his clawing, heaving form trying to drag himself with his hands in an attempt to shield Ro. In a manic wail, Jean lifted him upright and held up in the air like a stringed puppet.

“The scheming whore has turned you into a useless cripple and still you try to save her!” her eyes blazed with jealous anger. “Then watch her die!”

She pined him against the wall and went to snatch a semi conscious Ororo by the hair and pull her moaning close to him. Logan struggled, howled and growled but the unseen field holding him up only pushed against his chest harder. Ro’s blue eyes briefly opened and stared into his as she tried to gulp shallow breaths into her lungs. Her eyes silently begged for him to stay out of it. The Phoenix could easily kill him as she was attempting to do to her.

“Take a good look, darlin, this is the last you will see of your precious Ro!” the red head sneered before raising Ro up then slamming her down again. Ororo’s body went rigid with pain. Her mind completely fogged over before darkness finally claimed her.

“Ya demented bitch! I swear ta ya if she dies I’ll find a way ta make ya life hell!” raged Logan trying in vain to jab the blades at her. Laughing venomously, she side stepped him and prepared to teach him a lesson.

“Jean!” yelled a thunderous voice from behind them. “Enough!”

Phoenix whirled around and stared scornfully at Charles Xavier.

“I will determine when it is over! Not you or him.”

“No, no more! I will not allow you to harm her anymore.”

She screamed. “ Again you side with her! But you’re to late!”

Ororo’s still form levitated from the floor and was about to be thrown out the window but Xavier effectively stopped her.

~You cannot fight me. My power has always been greater. Let her go. ~

~You are not dealing with that paltry excuse of a scapegoat, Xavier. I am the Phoenix! Destroyer of galaxies and planets. If you do not wish to end up like the goddess you will get out of my way! ~

Xavier concentrated his entire power to enter Jean’s deranged mind in hopes of stopping her murderous rampage before anyone else was injured. Jean suddenly let out a blood-curling scream as a strong pulse like a slicing knife ripped through her consciousness. She clutched her hands to the sides of her head. “You can not deny me, Charles.”

She flew towards the window in a burst of flames and smashed through. Glass was sent flying in all directions. She quickly flew from sight.

With her gone, the telekinetic field holding Logan was gone and he collapsed heavily to the floor. Charles in an attempt to contact Ororo and follow Jean with his mind links, rushed to him apologetically. “Logan, are you hurt?”

“How’s Ro?” he asked urgently, pulling at the carpet to drag over to her.

“Alive, barely. I’ve isolated enough of her brain patterns to ease the pain but she needs to be in the med lab. I’ve sent a message out to Hank. His on his way.” Xavier turned his gaze on Logan and frowned. “Are you certain you are not hurt?”

Logan nodded as he reached Ro. “I’ll survive.”

Yes, but for how long? Xavier questioned silently. Worry crammed his mind at the brief glance he’d accidentally seen of Logan’s mind.
Logan reached a hand out to touch her blooded face and saw his long nails and dirt caked fingers. He yanked it away in disgust and leaned down to whisper the only words he had not said to her. “I’m sorry, darlin.” pters.





You must login () to review.