Title: Walkin’ on the Wild Side
Author: Wolverine6claws
Pairing: Storm/Wolverine (Ultimate-verse)
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Ororo exposes Logan in more ways than one.
Archive: Yes. Anywhere you like. Just drop me a line an’ let me know where I can find it.
E-Mail: wolverine6claws@yahoo.com
Series/Sequel: You asked fer it, you got it - Sequel to “Earth, Wind & Fire”.
Disclaimer: Don’t own ‘em, wish I did. Marvel owns ‘em, I just like ta play with ‘em. No disrespect ever intended, to Marvel or the X-Men, they are my friends, an’ I love ‘em both.
Warnings: explicit M/F sexual situations, and I DO mean explicit!!
*Notes* Ororo is 22 years old in this fic, I refer to it as ‘Ultimate’ simply fer the fact that her more modern, carefree attitude of that version lends more credence to the actions and expressions of affection with the ‘young’ Wolverine than her more Classic portrayal would have. I deeply regret any confusion that the omission of her intended age, from the first story, has caused. The author envisioned her around this age but failed to inform the readers.
Dedication: This is fer Tiffany Cain, who screamed fer it, literally - and my new pal, Lizzy, fer kickin’ me in the butt an’ getting me back on track. Thanks, kiddo.
Special Thanks: Goes out to Sasha_anu fer the beta read… and the suggestions! Yer the best!


Walkin’ On the Wild Side




* * * * * *
As Ororo lay back, stretching her legs out beneath him, Wolverine crawled up her body, sniffing and tasting – like a predator sampling his catch.

That thought was a little unnerving… but, oh, so erotic.

* * * * * *

He took his time exploring her flat, hard belly. His strong hands flexing around her waist as he tasted every square inch.

He kissed her soft, smooth skin, parting his lips slightly and letting the tip of his tongue glide along, picking up her delicate flavor.

Ororo tried to guide his face to hers, gently tugging on his hair, but he resisted her pull.

She raised her head so she could watch him, as he bent over her - tasting her flesh and letting her naturally sweet fragrance wash over him.

His eyes were closed and, every now and then, he would turn his face to one side, then the other, dragging his thick whiskers gently across her skin, collecting her scent in the long, stiff hairs.

It was like a drug – so intoxicating. He couldn’t get enough of it. He couldn’t get enough of her.

She watched him for a moment, with an appreciative smile gracing her lips. Then she gave his hair another gentle tug, trying to bring him up for a kiss, and he let out a small growl of irritation.

His hands tightened around her waist, giving her a light squeeze, and he pulled back from her grip - asserting his dominance and an indelible stubbornness to do as only he wished, and…the gods be damned.

Ororo giggled and surrendered her attempts to control him. Letting her head fall back to the ground, she closed her eyes and concentrated on what he was doing.

Her fingers flexed in his hair, massaging his scalp, as she listened to the soothing rumble coming from his chest. It sent tiny vibrations across her skin, and she was lulled into relaxation by his… purring?

He was purring?

The thought of ‘the mighty’ Wolverine purring made her want to laugh. ‘I mean, who would’ve thought.’

Instead, she smiled and let out a satisfied sigh.

His lips barely brushed against her skin, his touch – so light and delicate – created an image in her head of a tiny butterfly landing on her tummy, its paper-thin wings fluttering against her skin.

He was so gentle and attentive, and as loving toward his ‘mate’ as any feral.


Ororo had studied animal behavior in Nature Sciences. ~Of course, what else?~

She was well aware of what he was doing. That was one of the reasons she wanted his animal to take her.

He didn’t trust it… but she did. Ororo knew that when animals make love, that is exactly what they’re doing… making love.

The male starts off the courtship trying to ‘win over’ his prospective mate with playful bantering, to show her his gentler, more affectionate side.

As the courtship progresses, and the female shows interest in him, he will then show her his strength - to prove his ability to protect and defend.

If the female accepts him, and the courtship progresses to consummation, the act itself appears violent and one-sided - as the female accepts his dominance and submits herself fully to him.

As the actual mating takes place, he will reassure her of her decision by showing his power over her, letting her feel secure in his strength. He will mark her, staking his claim on her.

‘How?’ Ororo wondered. Wolves and lions bite their mates.

‘Oh, goddess…’ she thought.

~This was going to be one wild ride.~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ororo lay beneath him with her eyes closed and a smile etched lightly on her lips, her body squirming ever so slightly under his touch.

She marveled at his gentleness, as he planted tender kisses on her flesh.

He held her in place – his large, powerful hands nearly encompassing her tiny waist, feeling her body undulate like the roll of an ocean wave on a clear day.

Long, delicate fingers flexed against his scalp, gripping his hair rhythmically, as she arched her back in pure delight – moaning her pleasure and wanting more.

She was vaguely aware as his hands began to glide along her slender frame, up and around her ribcage, his thumbs barely brushing the outer edges of her breasts.

His hands slid beneath her shoulder blades as he moved up her body, his mouth following a trail between the paths his hands had taken. He touched every inch of her, one way or the other, rubbing his own scent on her.


* * * * * *


“Mmmm.” Ororo moaned.

The tip of her tongue peeked out between her lips to moisten them. Then, biting down on her lower lip, she moaned again.

Her eyes were still closed in blissful concentration, as Wolverine glanced up at her, catching the play of her tongue and teeth against her lips.

His feral side growled its desire for her - her actions spiking its passion to lust. While his barely sentient human side whispered to him…

~God, that is so erotic~

He dropped his head back down and, rubbing his face between her breasts, he let his hair and whiskers tease her hardened nipples, before capturing one in his mouth.

Ororo gasped at the sudden sensation of his warm, wet mouth suckling her breast. She arched her back, wanting more contact, pushing his face against her.

He moved from one to the other, giving equal attention… and she moaned, panting for air. Her breasts heaving against him, pressing deeper into the warmth of his mouth.

As Ororo continued to writhe and arch off the ground, Wolverine scooped his arms under her back, lifting her off the damp ground and supporting her from underneath.

She could feel him holding his weight off of her. On elbows and knees, he straddled her legs. She could feel the hair on his thighs tickling her legs, and she briefly wondered, exactly when did he shed the confining denim.

The dense hair on his body held in his body heat, and he felt like a soft, warm blanket wrapped around her. The hair on his chest brushed against her, as he hovered over her, stimulating nerve bundles she didn’t even know she had.

He was turning her entire body into one huge erogenous zone.

~Oh, he was made for this~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She tried to compare this with other times, with other men. Men who said they loved her, and would be there for her.

No.

They weren’t men. They were boys. Little boys looking for a plaything. She knew that now, knew why those other times were always so unfulfilling. She suddenly understood that feeling - the one left behind afterward.

Emptiness - cold, lonely, unfulfilling emptiness.


~Well, playtime was now over~






Wolverine wasn’t just a fighter… he was a lover. A real lover- unhurried, unselfish, and attentive. He made her feel good. He made her feel loved, and appreciated.

Is this the way she’d made him feel? Is this what he had felt when she touched him?

No wonder he collapsed to his knees. She felt like jello, her mind was mush.

Her only coherent thoughts were of him – the way he was making her feel. And her brain could only create one word simple enough to speak without really thinking, and she was only able to utter it as a whisper.

“Wolverine.”

Clenching her fists in his hair, she moaned his name over and over, as he suckled her tender nipples.

Her loins ached for him. His touch consumed her, twisted her into delirious knots of joy and pleasure.

He took his time arousing her, and relaxing her at the same time.

She continued to squirm under his touch, moaning and arching her back, lifting her hips to press against him. Wanting him. Feeling his arousal against her as, in turn, she brushed against the thousands of little hairs on his body, stimulating his sensitive skin.

He moaned and growled his pleasure, his mouth still suckling her breast.

Ororo tilted her head back. Arching her neck, she exposed her throat to him.

Unable to resist such a temptation, he moved toward it. Emitting a soft growl, he clamped his teeth lightly around her throat.

Ororo felt his sharp teeth against her windpipe and momentarily froze with a soft gasp. If Wolverine clamped his jaw shut, he would crush her airway.

He felt the tension in her body, as he breathed heavily against her throat, and he flexed his fingers against her back, willing her to relax.

Wolverine kept his grip on her throat as he massaged her back, and he waited.

He wanted her to trust him. He needed her to trust him, if they intended to take this any further.

This was his way – the way of the predator. He needed to feel her, to taste her… to mark her.

He waited. Taking pleasure in the feel of flesh and muscle between his teeth, enjoying her taste against his tongue.

When Ororo realized that he wasn’t hurting her, she started to relax.

She understood that, as a predatory creature, Wolverine had an innate need to control and conquer. It wasn’t macho… it was primal. In a hunt, it would mean her death. In a mating ritual, it showed his strength.

He was waiting for her decision. If she didn’t want him, he could still walk away.

Would she accept him?

~But, of course~

She forced herself to relax in his embrace, and loosened her tight grip on his hair. She moaned through the constriction of her windpipe and raised her hips up to press against his erection.

He immediately released her throat, and soothed her discomfort with tender kisses, running his warm tongue against her skin.

They were both breathing heavily as he moved into position, using one knee to spread her thighs just enough for him to settle comfortably between them.

She could feel his hardness rub against her thigh as he moved her legs out of the way.

He continued to kiss her neck, down to her collarbone, and then her breasts. He pushed the tip of his erection against her feminine heat. Not to penetrate, but to give her a chance to feel him and prepare herself for his entry.

Ororo raised her arms and wrapped them around his neck and shoulders. She felt a little anxious, but tried to calm herself.

Wolverine could feel her trembling. Her arms vibrated against his shoulders, her tummy shuddered against his abdomen, and her legs trembled against his thighs. He could smell her desire, her passion, and her… fear?

Furrowing his brow, he raised his face to her, concerned.

When she realized his attentive actions had ceased, Ororo opened her eyes. She dipped her chin so she could look into his eyes when she saw him looking at her. She gave him a questioning look, when she saw the concern in his eyes.

“You okay?” he asked.

His voice rumbled from his chest and sent little vibrations through her body. The sensation made her smile and she let out a forced breath – which he interpreted as a soundless laugh.

He stared at her, waiting for an answer. His expression, so serious – his eyes, dark with passion and desire.

Ororo had been surprised to hear his voice asking her the question. She thought he was beyond that capability.

But his concern for her was stronger than his animal’s needs and, sensing her fear, he drove the animal back, pushing it away from her.

Ororo felt a tug on her heart, when she realized that he was giving her a chance to stop this - even now. And it would take only one word from her, and he would get up… he would walk away.

He was so turned on, so ready, and he was in position… and he was so much stronger than her. He could take her if he wanted to, quickly, even against her will.

But he wasn’t going to do that.

He could. And she didn’t have the physical strength to fight him – to stop him from just plunging into her right now.

But he wasn’t going to. He was in control - of himself, and his animal.

His patience and his gentleness were testimonies of his strength.

She unclenched her fists from his hair and let her palms slide down to cup his face in her hands. Her expression softened, and she gazed into his eyes.

His pupils had dilated to the point that she could barely make out the lighter shade of his, normally gray, eyes around the outer edges.

She gazed lovingly into those large, black orbs and gently rocked her hips beneath him, rubbing herself against his erection.

“I’m fine, Wolverine.” She told him. “Just…happy, and…excited.” She explained, curling her fingers into his sideburns to caress his face.

He continued to stare at her, using all of his senses to determine whether she was telling him the truth or not.

His eyes narrowed, and she realized she couldn’t fool him. She had to admit it.

“I’m… a little nervous.” She said timidly.

He accepted her answer with a nod, then lowered his head and nuzzled through her long, thick hair, to press his face against her neck.

“I won’t hurt you.” He told her, his voice quiet and sincere. “Ever.”

He wanted her to believe that.

He wasn’t trying to persuade her to continue, he was just stating a fact. He wanted her to trust him – more than he wanted to complete the act.

And, she did believe that.

Ororo tightened her arms around his shoulders, hugging him to her.

“I know that, Wolverine.” She told him sincerely. “I really do.”

He gave her a little squeeze in reply, then mumbled something against her neck that she couldn’t hear. She released her tight embrace, giving him room to breathe.

“What?” she asked softly, and he turned his face toward her ear so she could hear him.

“Call me Logan.” He said softly.

Ororo furrowed her brow, not understanding, and blurted a reply without thinking.

“Why?”

Wolverine lifted his head and looked at her. The absurdity of her question made him want to smile, but he tried to look serious.

‘God, she’s cute’, he thought.

“Because that’s my name.” He told her.

Ororo blinked at him, confused. Wolverine blinked back at her, amused.

“Logan?” she repeated looking for confirmation, and he nodded.

When she continued to stare at him, he rolled his eyes in mock annoyance.

“What? Ya’ think I was born with the name ‘Wolverine’?”

Ororo, then, realized that it never really occurred to her that he would have another name like the rest of them, and she couldn’t help but giggle in embarrassment.

She felt like an ass.

“Oh my god.” She giggled, covering her eyes with one hand. Then she draped it across his back again. “I am so sorry, Wolverine, of course you have a name.”

“Logan.” He repeated patiently, grinning at her embarrassment, and her repeated use of his codename.

Stifling her giggles, Ororo caressed his cheek and nodded, looking into his eyes.

“Logan.” She said, giving it a spin.

He liked the way it sounded coming from her lips, and he grinned.

Then he disappeared – from her sight, and her embrace.

Ororo opened her mouth, but before she could say anything she felt him making his way down her body, slipping farther down between her legs, leaving a hot trail with his mouth and tongue.

When he reached her belly button, he let his tongue dance around it. Then he planted a kiss directly over her navel and let his tongue snake out, pushing deep into the little depression.

Ororo caught her breath and dropped her hands to the ground on either side of her. She didn’t have his hair to clench onto anymore and, she was pretty sure, she was going to need something to grab onto.

Before she could brace herself, Wolverine scooped her ass up into his hands and lifted her hips off the ground, cradling her cheeks in his palms.

Ororo gasped loudly at the sudden sensation of his warm, wet mouth against her sex, and she reflexively tried to push away from him. Wolverine held onto her, keeping her in place. It would only take a minute for her to adjust.

He slipped one hand out from under her butt and, reaching under and around her thigh, he rested his hand on her lower belly. With her leg now up and over his shoulder, he could keep her open to him, giving him all the access he wanted.

She was so wet and hot, and her sweet scent was overpowering. He moved his mouth and tongue slowly over her, savoring the taste of her.

Ororo writhed and moaned, gasping for air and clutching clumps of grass in her fists.

He petted her white mound with his fingers then let them slip downward to open her up to him, exposing her most sensitive parts.

She lifted her hips, pushing against his face, rubbing herself on him, feeling his whiskers do incredible things to her. She wanted more of him. She wanted him deeper.

He took her swollen button between his lips and sucked it gently as she bucked against him, gasping and moaning his name.

The more she responded to him, the more ravenous he became. Growling loudly, he pushed his face into her as he pulled her toward him, and devoured her - like a man who had been starving for years.

He could hear her crying out her pleasure as he suckled her. Then he slid his hand out from under her butt, just enough to get use of his thumb.

He continued to suck on her, as he slipped his thumb inside her, and the unexpected penetration of his thick digit made her yell out as her muscles squeezed around him defensively.

“Oh, god! Logan.” She tried to lift her head to see him, but she couldn’t hold it there. Dropping it back to the ground, she closed her eyes.

He moved his thumb, sliding it out slowly, feeling her muscles spasm around it. Then he pushed it in as far as he could. Ororo rotated her hips to meet his action, her breathing loud and harsh.

He did this, repeatedly – pushing, rubbing and teasing the sensitive spot just inside her opening – until she was no longer able to speak coherently, or even whisper his name.

She was flying - higher than she ever thought possible. The things he did to her. The way he did them. He was experienced, and confident… and sensual.

His mouth and tongue were relentless, his facial hair adding to the sensations, and he shoved his thumb into her. Growling loudly against her, he sent a vibration through her lower regions.

Ororo yelled out, bucking against him hard, then she froze. Her entire body tensed as her orgasm was ripped from her by the suctioning of his mouth.

Her inner muscles clamped tight around his thumb, and he quickly pulled it out, replacing it with his tongue. Ororo cried out in ecstasy at the new penetration, as his tongue pushed through her convulsing muscles.

She could hear Wolverine growling against her, as he drank her up, his animal rising to the surface again, his fingers pressing hard into her flesh almost painfully, but not quite.

As she spiraled down from the heights of ecstasy, the tension in her muscles dissipated and she collapsed against the ground, exhausted.

Before she had time to get her wits about her, she felt his arm snake under her back, and in one swift move he lifted her off the ground and seated her on his lap.

She was well lubricated, and the play of his thumb stretching her out – along with her sated condition – left little resistance on her part, as he seated her all the way down on his cock.

But, resistance or no, the sheer size of his hardened shaft stretched her, and feeling him fill her up as he pushed her down on it, made her gasp loudly.

Throwing her head forward, Ororo grabbed onto his shoulders, digging her nails into his muscles, and he threw his head back and roared. On his knees, he thrust up into her hard, one time, then sank his teeth into her shoulder.

Ororo was aware of the slight pain, but only dimly aware, through her euphoric condition.

She had driven her nails into his flesh, effectively breaking the skin and drawing blood. His roar was not of pain… but of triumph.

She had marked him, claimed him as hers – and, in return, he branded her as his mate, his large, sharp canines piercing her skin easily, and with little pain.

He sucked on the wound he had made, tasting her blood, then licked it in a slow, soothing manner to lessen any pain he may have caused. His powerful arms were wrapped around her, holding her up, holding her in place, holding her to him.

Once she settled into the situation, Ororo leaned back a little, trying to get his attention.

“Logan?” she said softly.

He lifted his head from her shoulder slightly, turning his face into her neck – sniffing her, caressing her with his whiskers.

“Logan.” She repeated again, her voice a half-whisper filled with passion and love.

He straightened his back and looked at her.

His eyes were dark and hooded, peering out from beneath his dark, disheveled mane – but they were aglow with that golden hue, that once had flashed briefly for her, now burning bright and steady. His lips were peeled back slightly, exposing the tips of his large fangs, and his breaths were harsh and raspy.

His needs were too great… his pain and his loneliness all but consumed him. His beast had come forth, to experience her – her warmth, her gentleness, her compassion and love.

Ororo leaned forward to nuzzle her cheek against his, and he let her. A moment later, he began to nuzzle her back, his arms loosening their restrictive hold on her.

Ororo rocked her hips against him and he let out a throaty noise.

She rolled her hips around slowly, working herself on him until his eyes closed, rolling over white, and a groan escaped his parted lips.

Reaching behind her, Ororo took his hands in hers and placed them on her hips. This gave her more mobility, and she lifted herself up slightly. She wanted to feel him move beneath her. She wanted to feel the power of his thrusts.

Wolverine started moving his hips, ever so slowly thrusting into her, immersed fully in the feel of her.

Ororo’s breath kept catching in her throat.

Each time he moved into her on the upstroke, she thought she’d explode from the pressure. But, as he pulled out on the down stroke, she thought she’d explode in ecstasy.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted herself up. Then she pushed down against him, meeting his strokes. He growled his pleasure as he drifted into a trance-like state of pure ecstasy.

After a few minutes, Ororo stopped as she raised herself up, leaving only the head of his penis inside her.

Wolverine waited for her to continue as he panted against her - his hot breath felt like a blowtorch against her skin.

It only took him a moment to realize she wasn’t going to move, and the loss of friction woke him from his trance-like state.

Grabbing onto her waist, he pulled her back down on him as he thrust into her forcefully, forcing a loud gasp from her as he impaled her on his lap.

He had been willing to let his female pleasure him, but he was becoming impatient. His animal mind tried to determine if she was playing with him, or just inexperienced.

~It didn’t matter. He was taking over~

He wrapped his fingers tighter around her waist and guided her up and down on him as he thrust into her.

His jaw muscles tightened and relaxed as he clenched his teeth, and his eyes closed as they rolled over in pure bliss. The sounds he made only turned her on more, as his guttural noises gave voice to his immense pleasure.

His powerful upward thrusts forced the air from Ororo’s lungs each time and she clung tightly to his shoulders, as he propelled her toward yet another orgasm.

‘Goddess, he’s hot.’ She thought through the fog in her head. He drove her over and over again to the edge of climax, and held her securely against him as she went over the edge. He made her feel safe and protected, even as her body and mind reeled out of control.

He was definitely hot. Not just in that sexy, sensual way… but, hot – like an inferno engulfing her.

His body was shiny, and slick with perspiration, and the hairs beneath her embrace were plastered flat against his skin.

His unruly bangs, dampened by sweat, clung to his forehead, and his thick whiskers glistened with moisture, as the heat rose from his body.

As she neared another climax, Ororo moaned loudly – wrapping one arm around his head, pressing his face to her neck, and the other hand pressing against his back as she tried to thrust against him in her own quickening rhythm.

Wolverine tightened one arm around her as he leaned forward to put his other hand on the ground, and moving as one, he laid her gently on the ground.

Ororo was completely at his mercy, she couldn’t even think straight.

Wolverine unhooked her ankles from around his thighs and butt and, spreading her legs wide, he drove into her. She cried out her pleasure, feeling as though she was going to explode into a million tiny pieces.

She was delirious in her pleasure, not even knowing what planet she was on – nor did she care.

Wolverine brought one of her legs up to rest on his shoulder, and leaned over her, bracing his other hand on the ground beside her.

He pistoned into her with slow, but powerful, thrusts. He wanted his mate to come again, with him…together.

But, she was so hot and tight, as her muscles squeezed him from inside. He felt a tight coiling low in his belly, and a low growl of intense pleasure rose from his throat.

The sound of Logan’s nearing climax was enough to push Ororo over the edge again.

Bucking hard and fast against him, moaning and yelling out, gasping for air, her entire body went into uncontrollable spasms. Her fingers dug into the ground and her back arched as she screamed his name.

Logan dropped down on top of her, pulling her into a tight embrace. Burying his face against her neck, he continued to thrust into her, driving her climax to its highest peak.

As his thrusts became rapid, losing their rhythm, her orgasm kicked into overdrive and pulled him over the edge with her. Her muscles clamped around his cock and that was just too much for him to ignore this time.

Trapped in her vice-like grip, he slammed into her with a deafening roar. Her muscles undulating around him, sucking him in and holding him tight.

He came with the power and the fury of a cannon shot and Ororo could feel him surging inside her. He pumped what felt like gallons into her, filling her up with liquid fire.

Unable to lie flat against her, his abdominal muscles constricting so hard, he was forced to lift up away from her. His breath was forced from him, and he fought to get air through his entire orgasm, and she watched his rugged features screw up into a beautiful, almost painful, grimace of pleasure.

Ororo placed her hands against his biceps, in a gesture of support, as his fatigued muscles trembled under his immense weight – the dense metal, adamantium, making his body unnaturally heavy for his size.

She was also vaguely aware of being grateful that he had been forced to move off of her. He felt like a furnace between her legs, and that was okay, but the heat coming off of him was stifling as she tried to breathe against his skin.

Finally, his muscles began to relax and he gulped in much needed air, unaware of Ororo’s gaze as she stared up at him in wonder. She watched the movement of his throat as he swallowed between gasping breaths, his huge chest heaving above her.

As he slowly came back down from his own heights, Ororo slid her leg from his shoulder and he collapsed onto his elbows, still trying to hold most of his weight off of her.

‘No wonder he has such huge muscles’, she thought. He needed them just to drag that metal skeleton around, or even just to get out of bed every morning.

Having witnessed his speed, and his grace, in battle, the thought of it only impressed upon her the unimaginable strength that he really did possess, which they all took for granted.

She brushed his bangs away from his forehead as he got himself under control. Then he slid off her to one side, and pulling her along with him, he rolled onto his back with Ororo coming to rest across his chest.

His eyes were closed as he relaxed beneath her. She smiled at him and leaned down to get the kiss she wanted from the beginning.

As she pressed her lips to his, he wove his fingers through her hair and held her to him in a deeply passionate kiss. His lips parted to accept her tongue, letting his seek out hers in a twisting dance of sated passion.

By the time they parted, they were both gasping for air…again. Ororo collapsed on top of him and grinned as her head moved up and down with the rise and fall of his chest.

Logan’s fingers danced lightly up and down her back, tickling her, and making her writhe with a giggle. After a minute or so, he stopped his tender torture and she relaxed against him with a sigh.

She remained this way for a while, then turned her face toward him to see if he was asleep. He wasn’t.

She watched him quietly, as he stared up at the sky, gazing at the stars. He seemed deep in his own thoughts, and he had a quirky grin on his face.

“A penny for your thoughts.” She whispered so she wouldn’t startle him. He let out a breath of silent laughter.

“These thoughts are worth more’n that.” He said quietly with a smile.
Ororo smiled back at that, knowing his thoughts were of her.

“I love you, Logan.” She told him quietly.

She watched his features freeze in surprise, then his grin disappeared as his brow furrowed. Then he turned his face to meet her gaze.

He stared at her so long that Ororo was sure he was trying to figure out a way to let her down gently. Then he finally spoke.

“What did you say?” he asked in a whisper.

His tone and his expression were once again unreadable, and Ororo wished she could see his eyes, but they were shrouded in the darkness as he tilted his head to look down at her.

Her heart jumped into her throat and she had to swallow hard to remove the lump it left there. Her palms turned sweaty as her heart threatened to pound its way out of her chest. He must think her an ass, for saying such a thing after only one night together.

But she did love him, and she wanted him to know that. She lowered her eyes from his, and gathered up her courage.

“I said… I love you, Logan.” She told him again, her voice shaky this time.

Beneath her, she felt his chest hitch between breaths and she looked up at him.

She didn’t need to see his eyes, or his expression. The tear rolling down his cheek told her everything she needed to know.

She slid up across his chest so she could look at him face to face. When she was settled in front of him, he opened his eyes and looked at her.

She smiled at him with all the compassion in her heart as she wiped away the tear. As she watched though, another took its place and she leaned over to kiss it away.

She brought her hands up to his head and stroked his hair as she whispered in his ear.

“Don’t cry, Wolverine. Somebody LOVES you.”

She found herself instantly a recipient of a crushing embrace, and although he was silent, she could feel the movements of his body beneath her – and she knew that he was crying.

‘When was the last time he cried?’ she thought. ‘Had he ever cried?’ she wondered.

She didn’t try to stop it, or even talk to him with soothing words.

He needed this.

So she just held him close and let him cry.

He wasn’t alone anymore - and after a lifetime of loneliness, the thought had to be overwhelming.

A long while later, they fell asleep in each other’s arms - under the light of the moon and the twinkling of the stars.

The towering trees stood guard over the young lovers, and their ‘mother’ sent them nature’s blessings in the gentle whisper of a warm breeze.





You must login () to review.