Logan squinted against the early morning light, which seemed to flow over his naked torso. He closed his eyes and waited for the dream to return. It always started the same him and Jeanie on that damn counter and then it was he and Ororo continuing what he’d ended by shutting that program off. Maybe if he'd let it played out..........no. That would have only made things even more complicated then they already were.
The fucking dreams started exactly three weeks ago and they plagued the hell outta him. Still, he'll take them over his nightmares any day! But what puzzled Logan wasn't the nature of the dreams; hell he’d had those kinds of dreams about Jeanie millions of times. It was Ororo being in them that pissed him off. All he did was see her getting off! Wasn't like he'd never seen a beautiful woman..........wait a minute! Since when did he ever noticed she was beautiful!
Pain in the ass, maybe.
Bossy, stuck up, opinionated difficult........but beautiful!
Aw fuck!
He was just getting over losing Jean he didn't need this! One problem. He couldn't get her outta his mind since the 'incident' and funny thing was she didn't appear to be losing any sleep over it. In fact she was doing her damndest to avoid him. Which wasn't easy since they lived, worked and slept in the same house. If he had not seen her reaction to 'him' he would swear he'd made the whole thing up!
He needed to have it out with her. To find out what he had walked in on. And maybe to put an end to these feeling he'd been having lightly.

Ororo knew the moment she walked into the greenhouse that someone was there. She instinctively recognized signs that her plants had been touched and became alert. If that weren't warning enough, the rapid tingling on the back of her neck was a sure sign. She stood in a defensive pose, ready for any kind of attack. Her full attention was focused on carefully scanning for any kind of movement. That’s when she smelled the distinct odor of a lighted cigar and relaxed.
"Who were you expecting, darlin? Your Cyber Romeo?" Ororo stiffened then felt the color drain from her face. Please goddess, not now. She wasn't ready to deal with him.
To late.
She did not seem to have much of a choice. Squaring her shoulders, regal mask plastered on her face, she turned in the direction of the sound of his smug voice.
"What do you want Logan" she asked in a voice dripping with frost. Instead of answering, Logan casually walked around the perimeter. He kept his eyes glued to her while at the same time missing nothing. Her heart beat excellerated, her breathing quickened, her pulse raced. Why had he not noticed these signs before? Noticed her? Any fool can see she was damned attractive and he'd be the first to admit on rare.....very rare occasions, she'd dropped the ice goddess bit and been kinda great to be around.
Jeanie.
The simple answer came quickly to his mind. There was no other explanations as to why he'd missed what was so obvious. It would be wiser if he dropped this now before it really got outta hand. Just standing there the fear and nervousness coming off her was enough to make him back off.
Let her off the hook. And he would have until he smelled it. The same scent that had led him into the danger room that night.
Sandalwood and arousal.
Now that he knew for sure she wanted him, what the hell was he gonna do about it? why did he care? That was the question he had not gotten around to examining yet. And he'd had no luck convincing himself that she meant nothing to him. Especially after what he termed 'one hell of a wet dream'! Truth was, he just couldn't let it go. Don't get him wrong,,,,,,,,he felt for 'Ro. Embarrasing or hurting her was the last thing he wanted but he had walked away once from a woman he wanted and now she was dead. Not this time.
He knew what he wasn't gonna do. Leave.





You must login () to review.