Well as promised here is the new chapter!! I hope it’s long enough. I’m sorry for the delay but I just had a lot of college work piling up!! :(
Anyway I’ve managed to put in a new chapter….man I never thought writing stories and doing I.T coursework would be so hard………..damn I’m bragging again. Read on!!!! :)


Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!


Rated: PG-13


Summary: Nope….aint sayin nothing!!!! Just read…lol!!



Chapter 10 “ Mind control and Dreams…….


The flight towards Egypt on the Blackbird was very quiet. None of the X-Men spoke because the situation was just too uncomfortable for anyone to engage in any sort of conversation. Hank was piloting the Jet with Xavier sitting next to him as the co-pilot.

Logan looked out of the small window next to him thinking of Ororo and what danger she could be in right now. Judging by the look on the professor’s face he could tell that they were dealing with someone or something even more powerful than Magneto and the Brotherhood. Most of all, what did Sabretooth have to do with all this? All sort of thoughts were going through the Wolverine’s mind but there was one nagging thought that wouldn’t leave him alone……..could they trust this Forge guy? To Logan he seemed arrogant and too self confident, but most of all the way he talked to him irritated him even more than Cyclops did and that was definitely not a good sign……..but that aside, something wasn’t quite right about his scent.
*Don’t worry Ro’, we’ll find ya darlin, an wen we do am definitely gonna make sure Creed and whoever is helping him pay for this!!* while Logan was lost in his thoughts Scott was trying to get some rest, there was no doubt the day was going to be long and demanding, especially for him. The fact that Jean kept looking at him from the corner of her eye didn’t make it any easier or less stressful. He let his mind shields down a bit just to talk to her but not enough for her to see what exactly was going on through his head.
*When this mission is over, me and you are going to have a proper talk Jean….for now I would appreciate It if you stopped looking at me like that and concentrated on our mission, is that clear?!*

Jean was startled by his voice, but she quickly responded. *I’m sorry Scott, I just…..I was just worried about you, that’s all……* she turned to face him and gave him a weak smile but all she got in return was a small frown. Maybe sitting next to him wasn’t such a good idea……

Forge seemed to be the calmest out of everyone. He observed the way everybody shifted awkwardly in their seats and how a few even avoided each others gazes.
The whole situation seemed funny to him……*Fools, they don’t know just what the Shadow King has got in store for them, ha……although that Wolverine guy is really a pain, he seems to be sniffing around all the time……..hopefully he won’t notice anything….If he did I would have to blow my cover before planned and I am sure the Shadow King would not be pleased with that*

Remy observed Forge from his back seat, he seemed in deep thought, but Logan wasn’t the only one who didn’t trust him…..there was just something strange about him and Remy couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but he knew there was something peculiar going on.
*Charles, Remy tink we shouldn’t trus dis guy. He actin strange…what if he be settin us up fo’ a trap?* Remy looked at the professor, waiting for him to turn around and reply him.

The professor didn’t turn around but he replied Remy. *I do not know Gambit, he is trying to help us find Ororo, and he isn’t doing anything that would lead me to think otherwise…..*

*Jus hear me out professor, I can feel bad vibes cumin from him, Remy neva wrong bout dis sorta tings….trus me.*

*Well fine, what do you want me to do Remy?* the Professor had a defeated look on his face, he knew Remy was going to ask him to go through Forges head and he hated doing that sort of thing. He considered it immoral and an invasion of privacy, but if Remy’s theory was right and Forge was hiding something that would help them find Ororo he would never forgive himself for hesitating.

*Jus see if he hidin anythin……thank you professor, I know you don like doin dis sorta thing but tink bout Stormy…….she might be in danger right now.*

*Yes, I know Remy* Charles concentrated on entering Forge’s mind, he focused his thoughts and made contact……something was truly strange, he realised that Remy’s suspicion was right……Forge seemed to have some sort of shield blocking him from any kind of telepathic approach. No normal mutant had that sort of shield unless he was being controlled by a powerful telepath or he was a telepath himself……..but Forge’s mutation wasn’t telepathic, which meant that he was being controlled……but by whom? That was the question that Xavier contemplated on.

*Gambit, you are quite right, this man is hiding something but it isn’t his doing he is being controlled by another person…..but I cannot identify him, he seems to be hidden in the corners of Forge’s mind, almost like a shadow……..* There and then the thought struck him!! Only one man was able to manipulate people in that sort of way…..he would control them but at the same time would hide in the psyche of the victims mind going unnoticed.

*What is it professor?*

*Remy, I am afraid that we are dealing with something far beyond our control…….the Shadow King is controlling Forge’s mind, which means he is probably doing the same with Ororo. I cannot believe he has survived through all these years, I was sure he wouldn’t bother Ororo ever again. She is still alive but if she is under his control, there is no telling what she is capable of doing…….* the Professor left the control panel and sighed, Hank noticed the look on his now pale face and spoke in a whisper. “Is everything alright Charles?” The professor only nodded his head to reassure Hank. But Beast wasn’t the only one to notice the change in the professor’s behaviour. Logan could smell nervousness, sadness, confusion and fear coming from Xavier, he quickly looked at him from the back and noticed the way he shifted uneasily in his seat.
*Somethin’s wrong….* he thought.

*What’s goin on Chuck?* asked Logan in a demanding tone that would have made even Scott shake in his boots.

*Logan, it is very hard to explain but what I can tell you is that we cannot trust Forge…..he is being controlled by someone…the Shadow King. I believe he is the one behind all of this….I need to contact Ororo somehow……I can feel the Shadow King weakening if I can get her at the right time I should be able to locate her exact whereabouts.*

Logan nodded his head and added. *Be careful Chuck, from what ya telling me this Shadow guy is powerful, you’re our only hope……wat do we do about the Forge idiot?*

*We have to let everything run smoothly, like we do not know anything…..if he realises that we know he is a spy, he will contact the Shadow King and we won’t be able…..to get Storm back.*

*So, when do we tell everyone else bout this Chuck?*

*It would be better if only you and Remy know about this; I do not want make this even harder for the team. Please be discreet about this Logan……we don’t need anymore complications.*

*Yeah, I get da point Charles*


////////////////////////////////////////////////


After talking with Xavier, Logan slowly drifted off to sleep hoping that maybe he would be able to calm down by getting some rest.
After a few minutes he was fully asleep, but something wasn’t right……his usual dreams/nightmares about Weapon X and flashbacks of his past life were not there, only darkness…….

//////////////////////////////////////////////////


He was walking down a path, not quite familiar to him, with flowers all around and a bright light that covered the forest he was in.
“Where da fuck am I!?” he said as he took in his surroundings. As he walked further down the path he could see something sparkling not too far away, then suddenly everything went dark, once again.

“Logan….” A faint voice called. It sounded like it was coming from behind him so he swiftly turned around…..when he saw who it was he almost stumbled backwards.
“Ro…..is it really you darlin……or is this some kinda mind trick?” he really wished it was her but he knew that it couldn’t be.

“Yes, it is me…..well just part of my mind. Logan I do not know how I managed to contact you, but I can and I mustn’t waist time because I do not know how long I can talk to you for.”

“But…this aint real…..Ro, ya don’t have telepathic powers. How can ya be in contact with me?” he slowly stepped away from her and he could see hurt in her deep blue eyes, but he couldn’t allow himself to be tricked in some sort of trap.

Suddenly everything went back to its previous state and Storm came closer to Logan.
“I know what you are thinking Logan I can feel your thoughts clearly, I am not trying to deceive you……all I want you to know is that I need your help, part of me is being controlled by the Shadow King……I cannot explain to you who he is because I haven’t much time left but please Logan just hear me out…..”

Logan turned to look at her and caressed her face gently, suddenly he didn’t care if she wasn’t real….he was happy to be able to see her. But he still had to keep his guard up.

Storm closed her eyes revelling in his touch, and spoke softly, “I know how hard this is for you but I want you to know that I miss you, and that part of me is thinking about you constantly, as for the other part of me that is being controlled by the Shadow King……well I cannot control it, and if you do not find me soon enough I don’t know If I will ever be myself again. You must come to Egypt, that is where he has taken me to. It’s a small temple near the ruins of the old Pyramids……please Logan you have to come quickly I can feel my control slipping, the Shadow King is gaining power each time his control over me gets stronger”

.Slowly she walked away from him and the darkness came back
“Ro…..wait….Storm!!” He called after but she disappeared, right before his eyes



///////////////////////////////////////////


Wolverine abruptly woke up from his dream and realised everyone was looking at him with concerned eyes. After living with all of them for about 5 years, almost everyone was aware of his nightmares of Weapon X.

The professor quickly came to his side, “Logan…..is everything ok?”

“Yeah……yeah, jus had a bad dream…..nothin to be alarmed bout.”

“You sure mon ami?” said Gambit as he came to see the expression on Logan’s face.

“Yeah, am fine…..will y’all jus leave me alone!! I told ya am fine an dats all ya need ta know, I don’t need y’all treatin me like a kid.” He didn’t mean to be rude but he didn’t like being the centre of attention even if they were like a family to him, there were still things that he wanted to keep to himself.

“Look….am sorry I jus had a bad dream, that’s all.”

The professor looked at him with acknowledgement and asked telepathically, *Anything you would like to share, Logan?*

*Yeah, I can’t believe it but I think Storm was tryin ta contact me…..through my dream, she was saying all dis stuff about how part of her was still alive but if I didn’t hurry she would be under full control of this Shadow King guy…….It seems that he gets stronger every time her control goes down a notch. It’s like her soul is slowly dying…….wow, she must have really been in my head because I never remember my dreams so vividly after I wake up.*

*Well it is very strange that she was able to contact you, I wonder why she did not contact me though…….nevertheless now you know where she is and we must figure out a way to get to her without getting Forge suspicious….*


////////////////////////////////////////////


*Forge how is the plan going?*

*Everything is going smoothly Master. We will arrive in Egypt soon.*

*Good, make sure Xavier is dead before he gets anywhere near our location*

*Yes, Master…*


TBC……next chapter will take a while. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX





You must login () to review.