Growing bonds

Disclaimer: I don’t own the X-men. The only characters that I own are Demitrius, Itamis, Dante and Rahotep ((How sad!! Ow well read on)).

Chapter 11 “ The sacred Tiara
Rated: R
Note: (( )) “ stands for personal thoughts and telepathic conversations.

“Alright Beast we should be landing soon. Forge do you have a specific location for us?”

Forge glanced at his locator impassively. “North”

Wolverine kept his eyes on his knuckles; his claws were practically itching to release. But he couldn’t jeopardise the situation, he had to keep control. Just like Storm always did.

Storm.

He couldn’t help worrying about her. ((That bastard better not have hurt her……)). He watched Forge from the corner of his eye. How were they going to get rid of him without letting him know that they already knew what was going on?

The rest of the team unaware of what was happening seemed on edge, this was probably the most important mission they had been on so far, as the usual fights with the brotherhood had ceased to be the highlight of the day; their plans had become predictable. Still you couldn’t be too careful.

Cyclops felt angered, he never thought he’d feel angrier in his life. As much as he wanted to keep calm he felt like screaming. The woman he had loved for years had cheated on him, with Logan of all people. A man he disliked with passion. And now he was supposed to sit here in ‘fearless leader mode’ and keep his cool, like none of that happened, like Jean wasn’t sitting next to him, like Logan wasn’t jus a few seats away. He sighed in frustration, he thanked God he had a visor to cover his eyes because as much as he hated her at the moment, Jean would easily see the tired look in his eyes and he didn’t need to deal with her apologetic attempts right now.

After the Jet had landed the X-Men and Forge had started their journey into the desert, each determined to save Storm. Wolverine kept a steady gaze towards Forge and so did Gambit. Then an idea came up to him, something they should have thought about before.

((Professor?))

((Yes Logan?))

((Why don’t we just try to search Forge’s thoughts for an answer to her location? I don’t think he would really take us to her and we’d be wasting valuable time if we were to get lost))

((Logan I have trie-))

((No, I mean you and Jean. You are both strong telepaths, why not combine you powers. Search his mind together or sumthin))

There was a slight pause which meant the professor was contemplating the issue.

((I guess we could try. I will inform Gambit about this and then tell Jean. I do hope this works but it will take a toll on our minds))

((It’s worth the risk))

((Indeed my friend))

After contacting Jean and Gambit the professor proceeded on informing Cyclops of the situation.

It was now or never; if they attacked his mind and found out where Storm was they would have to knock him out unconscious before he could get help from his master.


///////////////////////////////////////////////

Amahl walked through the halls of the old temple of Osiris searching for one of his telepaths. Controlling Ororo’s mind was making him weaker. He needed to find a solution to permanently having control of her without having to put a strain on his mind.

He entered the main hallways and walked towards the outside of the temple, once outside he found two of his telepaths guarding the temple.

“Dante, Rahotep have you any news of the ancient tiara?”

The two looked at their master fearfully. “Sir, Itamis and Demitrius are still looking for it. We have word that they are approaching the old temple of Seth, they believe the Tiara is there” said Dante nervously.

He didn’t seem pleased. He grabbed Dante by the neck and lifted him up in the air. “Tell them to HURRY, my patience is running out!! You understand me?!!”

“Y-Yes master”

He dropped him to the floor and smirked, “Good. Now makes yourself useful and guard this place with your life”

“Yes sir” both replied.

He returned into the dark chambers of the temple and walked towards the tomb of the temple to find some inscriptions. If Itamis and Demitrius were right about the tiara being there then he’d mosta probably have struck the jackpot. That tiara would allow him to control Storm easily. He read the scriptures on the walls of the temple.

It is said that a time will come when Osiris will rise in another form, when the moon and the sun are no longer
The day will come when the apocalypse of destruction will come to this world
behold whoever heeds the words of the ancient scriptures
the release of the apocalypse will be imminent

“Senseless!! There is nothing here about the tiara!!” He walked past the scripture and moved to another one. There seemed to be a drawing on the wall which looked much like the tiara.

He smirked.

“Yess….”

It is on the north of the sun and the south of the moon that the temple of the mighty Seth, God of wind and Storms
upon the temple will the crown of the next queen reside
the crown of the ancient Nephthys
whoever imposes on the crown will be forever forsaken to the powers of the almighty
behold whoever heeds the words of the ancient scriptures
the tiara will rise the queen from her rest in the body of another

Amhal had all but read the scripture correctly; as his ancient Egyptian was limited all he could interpret was a few phrases.

It is on the north of the sun and the south of the moon that the temple of the mighty Seth, God of wind and Storms
upon the temple will the crown of the next queen reside
the crown of the ancient Nephthys

His eagerness to obtain the tiara clouded his judgement. “Yes this is it. The tiara will make Ororo my queen forever”

His plans were going perfectly. Nothing could get in his way.


//////////////////////////////////////////////

((Jean are you ready?))

((Yes professor))

((Now listen carefully, the power of the Phoenix is still inside you, you may use it but discretely, do NOT let it control you. You must control IT, like I’ve taught you over the years. You understand? If you do not control it it will consume you, so be careful))

((You can count on me professor))

((I know Jean)) he smiled, ((I know))
The professor then looked at Betsy. He informed her of the situation. ((Psylocke I have to ask you to keep us safe in case anything happens. We will most probably be worn out from trying to take him out. We need you to create a shield to protect us))

((You mean like we did last time in the danger-room?))

((Yes, I will need you to create a shield of some sorts for me and Jean. Remember what I have taught you. Do not let it overwhelm you. Stay in control at all times))

((Sure thing Charles. Be careful, both of you))

((We will)) both Jean and the professor confirmed telepathically. In the meantime Jean informed everyone else of the situation. After everyone was aware of what was happening the two telepaths concentrated on Forge. In less than a second a horrible screech could be heard from Forge. He dropped to the ground and held his head. Wolverine glanced at the Professor and Jean who were now holding hands. The two telepaths were evidently in pain but they had strong minds; he was more than sure they would succeed somehow.


////////////////////////////////////////

Somewhere not too far away two very nervous telepaths walk through the temple of Seth…….

“Itamis have you found the secret entrance symbol?”

“I am not sure Demitrius, there are so many inscriptions on these doors”

“Well which door do you believe holds the tiara?”

Itamis looked to his left and found the symbol of the tiara along with an inscription.

“Read the inscription Demitrius”

“Very well”

“Amtep iri arac riact sette illi domus Suetekh. Nephthys arus et un septum” the door moved after the words left his mouth leaving both the two telepaths slightly shaken.

“C’mon we need not waste any more time. Amhal will not be pleased if we delay this anymore than we already have”

“Ofcourse”

There in the middle of a massive wall was the tiara, intact from all these years. Itamis made his way to it before being quickly pulled back by Demitrius. “Are you out of your mind?!! Do you think the ancients did not protect the tiara?!!”

“……you are right. But how do we get it then?”


“Simple, we use the dust of Anubis”

“Ah yes, I forgot about that”

Demitrius brought out a small sack of dust and spread in front of them. According to many Egyptian legends the dust of Anubis would protect the path of anyone walking on it. The two spread the the ‘dust’ all the way near the wall where the tiara was placed into and started walking towards the tiara.

“So why would the ancients leave the tiara here anyway”

“I do not know Itamis, but whatever you do……..do not touch it”

“Why?”

“Just do as I say” Demitrius’s eyes grew dark and elusive. “Do not touch it at any cost”

“So how do we take it?”

“We will simply use this rod and pull it out and let it fall into this bag”

Itamis nodded in understanding and proceeded unto dropping the tiara into the bag with the rod.

“Write down the scripture on the left. The Shadow King will have to say it out loud for his queen to be controlled by him”

Sorry this chappy is a bit short but I’ve had a hard time thinking of where I want to take this story to. Anyway hope you enjoyed it. I will be working on the next chap as soon as possible. PROMISE!! Lol, review to tell me what you think though, I can still change the story if it aint okay.

Muahxxxxx





You must login () to review.