Right this is the next chap!! Read on!!!

The Kiss!!

Disclaimer: Storm and Logan spend quality time together!!

Rated: R

Chapter 3

“So how are you finding the team?” said Scott smiling at Storm as he cleared the papers and files off the desk.

“Well I’m settling in quite well, Betsy and Rogue are really funny, I like them…..and Logan is an interesting person to be with I guess…..but I don’t know much about you”
Said Storm, surprising Scott with her last statement.
Scott would have normally dismissed the question if it had been anyone else but Ororo was going to be his co-leader so it was only fair that she knew a little about him.
“Well what do you want to know?”

“Actually one thing I’d like to know is how you can sleep with that big visor in the way” said Storm smiling shyly.

“Heh, I don’t. I keep special shades in my room, so when I go to bed I wear those, they’re so comfortable that sometimes I actually forget I’ve got them on…hahaha” said Scott laughing. Storm smiled back. *He’s a really nice guy I wonder why people say he’s such a tight ass* thought Storm.

“Well I’m off to work out a bit in the danger-room, do you want to join me?”
Said Scott.

“Naw, I’m going to get some fresh air outside, but I don’t mind training a bit tomorrow”

“Ok then I’ll see you tomorrow” and with that Scott left. Storm did the same.



///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Storm had decided to skip dinner and went to relax on the roof. The night was cool and the skies had now changed to a dark shade of blue…..from the top of the roof Storm could see the big garden in the mansion….she remembered how she used to play there when she was about 15. The time Xavier took her under his guidance and showed her how to control her powers, and most especially how to fly.

She had missed those days; that was the true reason why she came back, she missed Xavier…..he was the closest thing she had to a father and now that she was back buy his side as co-leader of the X-Men she did not want to disappoint him. *Being a telepath, he probably knows already* thought Storm smiling to herself.

“You mind tellin Gambit wa’s so funny chere?” said Remy with his Cajun accent.

“Gambit!! You should really stop sneaking up on people, especially me….what if I accidentally shocked you, huh!!” said Storm with a slight sign of annoyance on her face.

“Sorry chere, I was jus practicing, da Wolverine does it to moi all de time an Gambit jus want to surprise him one day, so am using you as practice, chere. But If you don’t like it I’ll stop jus for you” said Remy as he hugged her in a tight embrace.

“Heh, ok Remy I’ll give you that, but please don’t do that again” said Storm as she cuddled up closer too him.

“Anythin you say petite” said Gambit now looking at the night sky. He attempted to count a few stars but soon gave up as his gaze laid upon Storms hair. It was as white as snow, just like he remembered it. Gambit had always liked touching her hair and buring his face at the nape of her neck, to him it was really soothing and it helped him focus and relax. He didn’t dare tell this to Rogue because she would have gotten the wrong impression. *That girl can be so impulsive at times……but dats why I love her* thought Gambit as he smiled.

Storm broke the comfortable silence that had grown, “What are you smiling about Cajun?”

“Ow nothing chere, jus thinkin bout Rogue……if she saw us like dis it be World War Three for us…hahaha” both Remy and Storm laughed imagining the scene.

“So what are you going to ask me about?” said Storm knowing full well the answer.

Gambit hesitated for a while and then finally asked, “Why did you leave that night chere…..afta dat bank rubbery?”

Storm sighed and then answered the question. “I had to Remy….It was the only way…..either that or the cops would have followed me to our hideout…..I didn’t want any of you to get caught so I left……I’m truly sorry if I got you and the others worried Remy, but it was all I could do……besides we’re together again now…..I’ve missed you Remy……and for the few months that I was on my own….I truly felt lonely, until I met Xavier” Storm was trying to regain her composure….she was remembering things she didn’t want to remember, but as Remy always told her “the past is part of us and however bad it is, it’s part of our life and we have to face it”. Gambit, understanding what she was going through, waited for her to continue as his past was linked to hers. They had a mutual understanding and that was what had kept them this close throughout the time they worked together.

“When I joined Xavier I wanted to forget….to let go of my past and to get a new life…..Xavier made me truly appreciate being a mutant.” said Storm as she turned around to face Gambit.

“Dats good to know chere, but don eva do dat again, oui? You know how much Gambit care bout you, mon ami, so don eva pull something like dat again, ok!?” said Gambit with mock anger, although behind that smile Storm knew he was serious.

“I promise!!” said Storm sweetly.

“So…I heard you an da Wolverine had a little pool game huh….you honestly think he gonna help you set up some plant chere, trust me, he’s gonna find a way out of it. He’s da master at hiding, dere is no way he’ll show up in your green house tomorrow!!!” said Remy now letting go of Ororo so he could hold his stomach while he was laughing.

“Remy I’m telling you, he will show up….I can just feel it!!!” said Storm playfully.



////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


The next day…………

“Logan, be careful that is one of my favorite flowers!!”

“Fine I’ll be more gentle…..”

“Right….now put that one there…..no wait maybe there…..ow actually you can put it back there….mmm” Storm couldn’t make her mind up on where to put her flowers and Logan was getting very impatient so he just left the plant on the floor and sat down on one of her chairs.

“Logan what do you think you’re doing!!?” said Storm as she looked at the now angry Wolverine.

“I’m tired, k!!! You can’t make up yer fucking mind where ya want those damned plants so am jus gonna sit here till ya make a decision, darling” said Logan with emphasis on the last word.

Storm glared back at Logan angrily. She never liked it when he called her that.

“Look, am sorry……but ya need tah make up yer mind, I aint in da mood ta stay here da whole day ‘Ro”

Storm arched an eyebrow as she heard him call her ‘Ro.

“I like that” she said smiling.

“What….ow dat, well I didn’t like callin ya Storm so I decided to shorten ya name, it’s easier for me ta say it, I hope ya don’t mind” said Logan; all anger had now passed….it was really strange how he could easily get on with Storm. He didn’t want to admit it just yet but the truth was she was affecting him somehow…….an then there was the fact that he found her really attractive……….
“Logan….are you ok my friend…..you seem troubled” Storm was now standing in front of him. Logan stared right at her. He searched her blue eyes and he suddenly found himself getting up from the chair and then kissing her.

Storm was totally shocked. Her body tensed as she felt him hold her tighter against him. After a few seconds Storm started responding to the kiss….not sure of what else she should do, she wound her arms around his neck as they kissed passionately.
Logan began unbuttoning the first three buttons of her shirt so he could get access to her breasts. He began to massage her breasts slowly whilst he was still kissing her. Storm was aroused and Logan knew it and for that reason he was even more eager to carry on until it dawned on him exactly where this would head if he didn’t stop himself.

As quick as the kiss started it ended and Storm was slightly disappointed.

“Shit……Ro…..am sorry I-I don’t know wat came over me darlin….am really sorry” said Logan looking away from her as he gasped for air. He truly didn’t know what had gotten into him.

“…..Don’t be sorry……after all I kissed you back….” said Storm never once looking at his eyes as she did the buttons of her shirt.

There was an uncomfortable silence between them as they were both lost in each others thoughts.

“Ro…I think I better go” said Logan as he now looked at her for the first time after the kiss. His look was now cold and distant and Ororo suddenly realized that he was trying to act as if none this had happened.

*Well two can play at that game* thought Storm.

“Yeah, my plants are fine now……”

“Well I’ll see ya around den?” said Logan as he left her alone in the green house.

“Yeah…see you around…”by the time she said that he was already gone. Little did she know that one of Logan’s mutant abilities was his keen sense of hearing.


//////////////////////////////////////////////////////



In the Kitchen………..

“Hey sugah you finished helping Storm with her plants already” said the southern Belle as she sipped her coffe, accompanied by a giggle from Betsy.

Logan had now entered the kitchen. After what happened with Storm he needed one of his Canadian beers to clear up his thoughts.

“Yeah you could say that…look I aint in da friendly mood today Rogue so if ya don’t mind I’d like ta be left alone” said Logan. He didn’t mean to sound rude but he really didn’t want anyone talking to him.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice Jean looking at him.

“What’s the matter Logan” said Jean sexily obviously trying to get his attention.

“Huh….nuthin Red jus don’t feel like socializing today that’s all”

After that Logan went to sit in the Rec Room leaving Betsy, Rogue and Jean in the kitchen.

“Well he seems his usual self” said Betsy.

“Yeah, well lets get back to washing up the dishes Rogue, the quicker we do this the sooner we can get out of here, it’s Saturday and I would like to go out……by the way don’t forget to ask Storm if she wants to come” said Betsy.

Rogue was about to ask Jean if she wanted to come when she saw her go after Logan.

“Ah wonder wat Scott sees in her, she’s all over Logan and he can’t even seem to notice….ah guess he’s too caught up in workin dat he don’t realize that his girlfriend is literally throwing herself at another man…..Logan for that matter” said Rogue as she went back to helping Elisabeth with the dishes.



/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Logan was now going through the various channels on the Cable T.V when he heard Jean come in.
“Jeannie I told you…….I don’t feel like havin company right now……..I aint in the mood.” said Logan with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“But you usually “enjoy” my company Logan…..what’s wrong…..you know you can tell me” said Jean as she closed the door of the Rec Room and sat right next to him. Her hand was now on his lap but Wolverine quickly moved it away. This had shocked her because Logan had never refused comfort from her.

“Jeannie I don’t mean ta be rude but I don’t want ya here…...k!!” said Logan as he now growled at her. It was quite clear he didn’t want her company or anything thing else for that matter. “Ya know Jean, am getting sick and tired of our little “rendevouz” at night!! I think this should all stop!!! After all ya already taken, and besides I jus don’t want you anymore…….i’ve tried to convince myself otherwise but it jus aint da same…….please…….jus leave Jean........go to your boyfriend……..where ya belong.”

Jean couldn’t hide the anger she felt……he was actually rejecting her……*NO ONE REJECTS JEAN GREY, EVER!!!!* thought Jean as she stormed out of the room leaving Logan to his thoughts…..finally.



Well what do ya think peeps……..please Review or I won’t carry on!!! XXXXX : )





You must login () to review.