So Logan is getting in your way right?"

Wha . . ."

There she was, the snow-haired exotic, standing there with a nonchalant expression as if the question was the most natural thing in the world. Rolling her eyes at his dumbfounded face, she plopped herself down on the couch next to him and patted his hand. "Come on fearless leader I know Logan is stomping on your turf."

And suddenly he regained his voice. Furrowing his brow in feigned confusion, he stared at her incredulously. "What," he paused to swallow nervously, "are you talking about Storm?" Rolling her eyes once again she let out a frustrated sigh. God he could be so infuriating sometimes, pretending he didn't know what she was talking about. Trying to hide the fact that he was heads over heels for the fire-haired telepath.

"Jean" The one word explained it all as an all-knowing silence fell over the room. "Do you want me to get rid of him for you?" His eyes widened in shock and he shrunk back from her slightly.

"Christ Ororo," she notice his informality with a grin, " you sound like a damn hit-man." The pleasant ring of her laughter filled the empty den, and he found himself cracking a smile. "Why would you help me?"

Shrugging innocently, she twirled a strand of her silver-white lock around a slim caramel-colored finger. "I don't know, I find him kind of sexy in a primal, sexual, dark sort of way. Besides I want to ride that motorcycle." Abrupt laughter erupted from her confidante.

"I knew that bike had something to do with it."

Her bottom lip stuck out in a pout before she stuck her tongue out at him and whacked him with a pillow. "Can I help it that I want some power between my legs." Arching an eyebrow at her, his head reeled with the innuendos in that statement. Ororo had a thing for Logan? For some reason that possibility had never crossed his mind. What was it about him anyway? The short temper, animalistic nature, and mysterious past didn't seem like big perks to him but there had to be something. And that something had caught Jeans attention. Now he had an opportunity to get her back. If Logan stopped giving her so much attention she would lose interest. But . . .

"How are you going to do this?"

Her lips formed a pout again. Slowly her hand snuck up to rest on his thigh. "You don't think I can be as sexy as Jean?" His mouth dropped and he stuttered as her hand traveled upward. A tiny mischievous smile quirked her lips and before he could react she swung one lithe leg over his legs, straddling his lap. Arching her hips forward she was rewarded by a surprised gasp. His hands instinctively clasped her hips and his head rolled back slightly. In response she pushed her hips forward once again and his jaw tightened, his breathing labored.

"Anymore questions?" Grinning widely he shook his head no, the hands that rested on her hips trembling slightly. "Good," she kissed the tip of his nose and jumped off him. "Now where's Logan?" shaking his head in disbelief at her and himself he pointed to the garage. Giving him a wink and a casual wave goodbye Ororo made her way down the hall.

As soon as Ororo was out of sight she fell back against the wall. Holding her stomach she waited for the ache to subside. she hadn't liked that at all, not in the least. That kind of behavior was not like her. But when Scott asked her how she could seduce Logan something snapped and not only did she want to prove that she could seduce Logan, but Scott as well. The doubt in his voice had been a hard blow to her heart. She wasn't sexy it seemed, or at least, not as sexy as Jean. Infuriating, that thought made her see red, and also made her straddle Scotts' lap. The only thing that was on her mind when she was playing that little mind trick with Scott was "what if Jean saw this." Instead of thinking that it was wrong, or how vile and twisted it seemed to mess with the emotions of poor unsuspecting Scott. That bothered her, more than she cared to admit. Since when had she gotten so vengeful. She herself had been shocked when her fingers had twined with Jeans red mane of hair earlier that day. Before Jeans comments had rolled right off her back. But lately, lately . . . Growling in frustration she hit the wall with the back of her head a couple of times to try and clear her thoughts. The urges were getting stronger, the voice in her head was getting louder. Why was she so angry with Jean? It was almost an obsession now. And Logan. She had made that little scene with Scott to have an excuse to pursue the new member of the household, but she didn't know why. Was it because she was really interested in him, or because of Jean. Jean, Jean, JEAN.

Rubbing her hands down her face she let the thoughts fall away. A headache was lurking in the back of her head. She suddenly had the urge to go talk to Xavier, but she knew she wouldn't. He already suspected something was wrong with her, he had been weary around her for many weeks now. No, she had it under control. Putting her best fake smile on she made her way slowly to the garage.





You must login () to review.