Logan smiled at the unmasked joy on Ro's face as they danced. It had been so long since her last smile. She was always so busy holding every one else together that she constantly putting her self on the back burner.

"Thank you Logan, it has been a long time since I enjoyed a night so immensely," She said as they sat at the bar a few moments later. Him nursing a jack and coke, and her a sour amaretto to his surprise, he hadn't even known she drank.

"Its my pleasure, its been a long time since I've seen you so happy Ro, you should let loose more often."

" I think I shall have plenty of reasons to smile in the future," She said coyly as he grinned.

Only his Ro could go from painfully shy to a temptress in two point five seconds. He had always thought her to be dull, and predictable when she was anything, but.

After a few more spins on the dance floor the two headed home, courtesy of One-eye who had actually agreed to let Logan take his car for the night.

" I had a wonderful time tonight, Logan, thank you," RO said smiling as she turned to face him one hand on the door knob.

"Well- " He began only to be interrupted by Ro's lips on his.

"Night Logan, see you tomorrow" She said giggling as she slipped in to her room before he could respond.

"Well I'll be damned," he muttered wondering how he'd missed this mischievous streak.

: Cause you head your head up a certain red heads' ass: He thought grinning to himself as he mad his way to his bedroom.

***************

Trudging to the kitchen, Sky sneered at the cheery good mornings she received and headed straight for the coffee pot. Logan appeared a while later, rubbing at his sleep- deprived eyes.

"She all right?" Scott asked, talking to him for the first time in months.

"Yea."

"It was pretty bad last night."

" I think she's getting worse," he said sighing as he too grabbed a cup of Joe, and began loading up his plate.

"Guten Morgen kleines," Kurt said making her smile wearily. (Klenis - little one)

"Guten Morgen mein freund," She said as she sat beside him.

"Are you ok?" He asked watching as she pushed around the food on her plate.

Shaking her head she continued to stare at her food. It had been worse last night; she had the whole damn level of the mansion vibrating. She had wondered many times over just what she had done to deserve such torment and always came back to that night. Sighing once more she pushed away her uneaten pancakes slipping away from the crowded cafeteria. Kneeling before the alter once more she began to praying hoping that if she just asked long and hard enough that he would take these dreams.

"Kurt perhaps you should council her?" Ororo asked.

"Ja," He said nodding as he finished his breakfast, and went to stand.

"If Himmel will let me."

" What happened last night?" Ororo asked scooting closer.

"She shook the whole damn floor," Logan said shaking his head.

"How ?"

" I don't know, but she's going to have to get control of it soon, it gets a little worse every night."

********

"You know what the worst part about all of this is?" Sky asked knowing only Kurt would dare follow her. Logan seemed to think if he stepped even one foot through the doorframe he would burst in to flames.

"Was?"

" That I deserve every minute of it," She said bowing her head once more.

He kneeled beside her, lending his silent support because he knew she would say no more about it this day. How could someone so young, have such a heavy burden upon their shoulders. In some ways she was just as mysterious as he, and he had no trouble admitting he was intrigued.

: She is too young for you idiot: he thought taking a shaky breath before he adverted his golden eyes from the woman engrossed in prayer.

: Such a beautiful girl would never look twice at you, and pursuing this will give you more than another mark for sin: He thought thinking of the legal ramifications. Rubbing an unscarred portion of skin he turned his thoughts to things more heavenly and safe.

********

Heading towards the woods set off from the mansion Sky breathed a sigh of relief. Finally she could be alone with her thoughts. With so many people living in the mansion it got to be absolutely stifling. Especially for he seeing as how she had been alone for the past six months. Quickly shedding her clothing she dove in to the water, closing her eyes at the welcome sensations washing over her. The water was like an alive thing as it comforted her with its caress like a loving Mother. Floating on her back she starred at the stars as she thought of the last time she had been truly happy. They had met on the crowded streets of New Orleans, after she had run from the orphanage. It was love at first site in a way, and trusting one another had been easy as they slipped in to the role of brother, and sister. She had known a happiness that had always eluded her for a while, until things spiraled out of their control, and they were forced to go their separate ways to throw the others off their scent.

: I miss you brother: She whispered, knowing that some where he would feel her out pouring of love, he was empathetic that way.

: I miss you to souer: He replied making her smile, even as his increased power shocked her.

Before they had to be within a certain distance to communicate. She could talk to him, and he would hear her, but rarely could he answer.

:I see some things have changed:

: A lil petite, but don't you worry non, I will find you soon:

: You have no ideal where I am: She said amazed as always by the uncanny ability of tracking he had.

: Don't be too sure about dat Souer: He said making her giggle as they lapsed in to silence enjoying the long unused mind link.

: Best friends mean: She heard him whisper before he broke their connection a few moments later.

: Best friends' means: She replied smiling at his reference to their song. They had parted in disagreement, and though strong words had been tossed both ways, their relationship held. She said what she'd done had been unforgivable, but he insisted it was not.

Well I can't regret,

can't you just forget it?

I started something I couldn't finish

And if we go down,

we go down together

best friends means,

well best friends means

She said what she'd done had been unforgivable, but he insisted it was not.

Broken down in bars and bathrooms

All I did was what I had to

Don't believe me when I tell you

it's just what anyone would do

Take the time to talk about it

Think a lot and live without it

Don't believe me when I tell you

it's something unforgivable...ohoh

She had spent so much time debating with her self about shooting the man, only to believe he had been right all along. She had no choice in the matter, when it was the death of some one else even herself or him she would choose the later every time. She would never understand how he could hate them so much simply because of what they were. She shuddered as she remembered his hands covering her mouth, forcing her in to silence. If he hadn't gotten there when he did.. Shuddering she pushed away the memories.

Best friends means I pulled the trigger

Best friends means you get what you deserve

Best friends means I pulled the trigger

Best friends means you get what you deserve

Best friends means I pulled the trigger

Best friends means you get what you deserve

Best friends means I pulled the trigger

Best friends means you get what you deserve

Best friends means I pulled the trigger

Best friends means you get what you deserve

Her reverie was shattered by the yowling of a man who was fast becoming the father she had never had.

"What in the Hell! Are you doing!" He roared making her smile in spite of herself.

: So much for communing with her element:

"You can't go around here bare assed!" he said shaking his head at her mischievous grin.

" I was just. I needed to be here," She gestured wondering if he could truly understand. He was a man of the earth in some ways. She'd heard him leave the room at all hours to run in the forests, his animal nature calling to him.

"That's fine, just don't do it Nekid next time," He said making her smile as she nodded her head.

"I've turned in to a damn softie," He murmured as he walked back in to the woods to give her privacy.

He knew he had over reacted a little; hell every kid went skinny-dipping at some point. It was just that .she and Marie were the closest thing he had to a daughter; and though he hated to admit it, Marie didn't need him as much anymore. She was growing up faster than he would have liked, and coming to him less, and less. They walked back to the mansion a new relationship beginning to form.

Song : :There is no I in team by Taking Back Sunday





You must login () to review.