"Mama!" Sky screamed eyes popping open. For a second she had almost been able to see her parents. The image had been so close, and then.. nothing.

"Oh shit!" She said plummeting to the floor almost before she realized she had been levitating above the bed.

"Kid you all right?" Logan asked confused when he found her lying on the floor.

"What are you doing on the floor?"

" I- I was floating?" She said wondering if she could recreate the action.

"Floating?" He asked looking at her almost doubtfully.

"I wonder." She said tilting her head to the side as she tried to recall the exact way she had felt a few moments ago.

"Is everything all right in there Logan?" Ororo asked knocking gently.

" I thought I heard a body fall."

"Come on in darlin," he said not able to keep a small smile from gracing his face.

A few weeks spent together and she was all ready turning him in to a whipped bastard.

"Are you all right.." She asked trailing off as she and Logan watched Sky lift herself in to the air.

"By the goddess!" Ro exclaimed clutching Logan's arm as she prayed the girl didn't lose her concentration.

"Holy shit I did it!" She said making Logan grin with pride.

"Sky dear, your language," She said smiling at the girl's new discovery.

"I knew this power had to be good for something," She said moving her self towards them.

****

"What happened last night Prof?"

"You simply directed your powers towards yourself.

" Before it was released, the floor, the room, even the desk acting as a medium for it to pass through."

"Do you know why I am getting so powerful?" She asked getting the feeling the older man knew more than he let on.

" I believe you are not fully manifested yet."

"Was?" She asked easily slipping into German.

"I believe you will go omega," He said watching her eyes widen.

"Nein," She said thinking of how her powers would triple.

" I can barley control this."

" It will come in time," He said smiling at her scowl.

********

The nightmares continued, but as she grew in power she also grew in control. Where before the whole level would shake, now it was rare for even the bedroom to tremble. The dreams became more intense, and always she woke up on the cusp of remembering.

: Maybe this will all come to an end soon: She thought as she stepped from the shower preparing for a new day.

Listening intently she rapped on Logan's door before entering. She had gotten quite a surprise a few months ago when she had wandered in after a nightmare, and found Logan and Ory engaged in some extracurricular activities. Once the embarrassment, and shock had worn off she had been ecstatic; her two favorite people in the mansion together.... finally. Logan's feelings about her had practically flowed from him from the first day she had arrived.

"Come on in child," Said Ory making her smile.

"Morning," She said smiling as she noticed the two had hastily dressed at the sound of her knock. And they said teenagers were the worst.

"Vati, you promised," She said smiling at the grin that crossed his face, and the gleam that jumped in to his eyes every time she used the title.

A few months back he had been showing her a move when she had slipped.

"Aww come on Dad I'm tired- " She said suddenly aware of the sudden silence.

"Logan I can remember that my dad was white!" She said excited. There had been something about him in that one moment, maybe the way he stood, or the way he had talked that had reminded her of her Father some how.

"That's great kid, you remembered something," He said still recovering form the shock of those words from her lips. That was something he had been sure he would never be, someone's father.

"I'm sorry Logan I didn't mean too- "

"Its all right kid, I kind of liked it," he said making her grin.

"Vati, you said you were going to taken me shopping this Saturday, and here it is after noon on Saturday."

" Ok, ok, give me twenty minutes kid," He said grumbling as he made his way in to the bathroom, and Ory, and Sky laughed.

It was times like these when he could almost imagine that was his family in there. Shaking his head he turned on the nozzle stepping in, he'd better hurry or his little girl would be giving him hell the whole way there.

********

"How long have you been up?"

"Since six, I went to mass with Kurt, and then we had a training session in the danger room."

"You and Kurt have been spending a lot of time together," She said raising an eyebrow.

"Yea I know, we compliment each other some how," she said shrugging her shoulders as she pointedly ignored the look that said Ory saw through her completely.

"Plus I do go to him when I have nightmares sometimes," She said blushing slightly.

Some times if the room was silent she would knock and slip in between she and Logan, but mostly she felt like an intruder so she opted for Kurt. Logan coming in towel drying his hair saved her.

"I just need a shirt and we're good to roll," he said not catching her sigh of relief.

Ory frowned pinning her with a look that said they would continue their talk later.

"Come on Vati, sales are calling!" She said practically dragging him from the mansion.

"All this for a sale?" He asked clutching the Oh shit handle as they squealed out of the mansion in the car she had "borrowed" from Cyke.

"Hey we have to make up for lost time," She said smiling as she cranked up the radio.

Shaking his head Logan lit a cigar, cracking the window as he prepared him self for a day of hell on earth. They had an ongoing agreement, she could listen to the crap she called music if he could smoke his stogies.

"Drop dead a bullet to my head your words are like a gun in hand!" She sung bobbing her head to the beat as he shook his head. He didn't know what had been worse, Marie's boy bands, or her punk rock.

*******

"Okay, you know I am not going in there with you right?" Logan asked as they stopped in front of Victoria Secrets.

Laughing at his expression she nodded her head.

" I was thinking we could meet in twenty- minutes at the food court."

" That sounds good, I'm gonna slip out and have a smoke."

After a few minutes of browsing Sky frowned as she came back to the same blue bra and panties set; the one that seemed to be the same shade as Kurt's skin.

: Come on girl, you're a child in his eyes Its like when your in high school and you have a crush on the teacher: She told herself ignoring the fact that she had taken the blue set up to the counter with the rest of her purchases.

"Good news Vati," She said smiling at Logan over a plate of Chinese food.

"What?"

"I'm done for the day." She said laughing out loud at the look of relief that passed over his face.

"You know Vati, to be an X-men you sure can act like a wuss."

"Hey, shopping is a fate worse than death kid."

*******
"Ro, we have to go," Logan said scooping up his wide-eyed girlfriend before she could protest.
"Logan what in the world are you doing?" She asked trying to hold her stern look as he ushered her in to the car.

"There is a place we have to go to!" He said acting much like Sky had been earlier as he peeled out.

"And you found this place in the mall? Logan dearest, you hate the mall."

"This store is the one exception," He assured her as they pulled in to the lot.

Ororo couldn't hide her surprise as they stopped in front of Victoria Secrets.

"This is essential for our relationship," he assured her making her shake her head as he pulled her in to the store.

"Me in lingerie is essential?" She said pausing to cross her arms.

"Damn straight," he said letting out a growl that made her want to buy the whole store.

"You have no ideal how essential it is."

"What color does this come in again?" She asked giggling.

"Now you're talking lady."

*******************

Crying out in pain Sky grasped her head throwing up a shield to cut off the fear and anger that was suddenly thrust upon her.

"Himmel?" Kurt asked immediately concerned.

Widening her field cautiously she gauged the situation unfolding a few feet beyond the grassy knoll where they were having their make shift picnic.

"I have to stop this!" She said jumping up to run towards the front of the mansion Kurt on her heels.

" I can't believe you had the nerve to come here!" Bobby said gathering his powers to strike as he took in the boy who stood before him no longer John, but Pyro.

"Look Drake we can settle this later, I just want to see the Professor," he said ignoring him as he proceeded up the stairs.

" I don't think you understand, you're no longer welcome here," He said sending out an icy stream without warning.

Quickly creating a spark with a newly adjusted lighter Pyro counter attacks harmlessly melting the ice.

" I see you've learned a few thing while you were away," Bobby scoffed shocked at his speed.

Creating a virtual hail storm Bobby smiled as Pyro was forced to step back, but frowning when John increased the flame melting the frigid flow into harmless puddles of water. Enraged by his show of power, and still hurt by his betrayal Bobby widened his range using attack only reserved for enemies. Stepping forward he forced Pyro back down the stairs beginning to freeze, legs first.

"Stop this!" Sky said levitating slightly to reach them before more harm was done.

"Just stay out of it Sky you don't know what he's done." Bobby sneered, ignoring the girl's shout as he moved the ice higher.

"He was telling the truth!" Sky screamed angered by his brush off as she held his powers at bay with a sweep of her hand.

"What are you doing!" Rouge called rushing from her position at the top of the stairs.

"Back Off!" Sky said holding her immobile with a wave of her hand, John's anger and frustration a growing force in her mind as she tried to stabilize the situation until the Prof and Scott could make their way up from the sub level where they had been training.

"Mein Gott!" Kurt said stunned at her show of power. His tail flickered back and forth rapidly as he stood at her back, choosing a side with out thought.

"Calm down Children, Himmel knows what she is doing," Kurt said trying to reassure them as much as he needed to himself. For her to wield so much power.. was a scary thing.

Spinning around just in time to deflect a streak of fire sent her way Sky threw up a psychic block she hadn't even realized she possessed. Breathing heavily she trembled under the strain of her hold on the others caused. Letting go of the two irate teenagers she turned her full force to the boy now cowering on the lawn.

"Scared or not you just fucked up bub," she said sending him flying back with a wave of her hand. Pinning him down with her boot she looked down in to his wide eyes.

"You done yet?" She asked easing up slightly as the boy nodded, and the professor and Scott made their appearance.

"You don't use your powers on your teammates!" Bobby said taking a step toward her.

"First of sport I'm not your team anything, and if you had listened to me in the first place we could have avoided all of this."

"According to who!" Rouge asked wounding her with her distrust and immediate defense of Bobby.

Turning to face the girl who had become almost like a sister to her over the past few months she chocked back harsh words. All of the secrets they had shared over cups of coco, the times spent with Vati, the trips to the mall, it had all meant so much less to her. Never would she turn her back on Rogue without so much of an explanation.

Ignoring them she gave Marie a chilly look as she turned on her heel walking up the mansion steps with Kurt beside her.

"Actually children she was correct, I was in cerebro when Pyro arrived, and unable to call out with my mind, for fear of too much focus" she heard him say as she walked through the doors to the mansion.





You must login () to review.