"Himmel," Kurt began silencing as she held up her hand to ward him off.

: Not now: She seemed to say her shoulders drooping as she continued to her room, her speed dwindling quickly.

Watching her movements become almost painfully slow, he scooped her in to his arms just as she faltered on the steps.

"You are not ok," He whispered before she could respond.

"You must be more careful Klenis, you have done too much."

" I could not let them hurt him Kurt, he just wanted to come home, every one makes mistakes," She said her head lying on his shoulder.

Kissing her forehead he covered the rest of the distance in silence. He knew that she had receded to her past where he could no longer reach her. His Himmel held a lot of secrets in her small body. Bracing her body against him with one hand he opened the door to her room. Laying her on the bed he was shocked to find her silently weeping.

"Himmel!! What is wrong, are you injured?" He asked beside himself at the sight of the crystallized water that ran down her face. Never had he seen her cry, not even after her nightmares.

Shaking her head she began to tremble, unable to answer him. It was always the same story, she screwed up, and then no one wanted her. Arguing with her self she came to the same conclusion over and over she had to stand up for the boy. Bobby had been too blinded by his anger, and Rogue would probably follow that boy into hell. Rocking herself back and forth she let the tears fall struggling to keep her powers to herself. Kurt's voice almost seemed to come from far away as he pulled her in to him.

"Its ok Klenis," he whispered his body shielding hers as he began to follow her rocking motion.

"They won't understand," She whispered shaking her head.

"Shh," He said brushing away her tears as she shook her head once more.

" The Professor will make them understand."

Shaking her head once more she attempted to staunch the flow of tears as exhaustion set in. Burrowing further in to her bed, she smiled weakly as Kurt pulled the covers over her.

"You will rest now ja?" He asked hiss face inches from her.

As she nodded her head, her vision almost seemed to blur as he moved closer. Sucking in a deep breath she held herself completely still as he leaned even closer his lips like a butterflies wings on her own.

"Kurt?"

"I'm sorry Sky, I'm sorry, forgive me, that should not have happened."

"But-" She began only to be cut off by the shake of his head and another rushed apology quickly followed by a BAMF.

Feeling even more alone she curled herself in to a tight ball, and began to rock once more chocking back the tears. If she started once more she might never stop. Wrapping her arms around her waist she pretended it was her Mother who held her and for a brief moment in between waking and sleep she found peace.

***********

Sitting up she flung aside her blankets as the gentle tug on her mind continued. Finally; he had found his way back to her. Jumping from the bed she bounded down the stairs headless of the bewildered expressions past her way. Pushing the doors open with her mind she launched herself in to the arms she knew would be waiting to catch her.

"Remy!" She squealed grinning against his lips as they met her own in a soft kiss.

"I miss you to souer," He said winking as she shook her head at him.

"Flirt," She accused smiling at the rakish gleam in his eyes.

"Now why you go and say such a thing?" He asked as they both burst in to a laugher.

It was just the way she had remembered; nothing would ever change their relationship. She had worried, after spending so many years together nine months had felt like an eternity.

"You aint been eating right," he said noticing how light she felt in his arms.

"I-," She said only to be cut of by the growling of her irritated adopted Father.

"Vati, this is Remy!" She said grinning as he immediately moved to a more relaxed position.

"So this is the Cajun who kept you in line all those years," he said making her scowl.

"Oiu, that is me, Remy LeBeau at your service."

"What in the world is going on out here?" Scott asked as he made his way through the hallway that wasnow crowded with people who starred at Sky with the newcomer.

"I've never seen her so animated," Jubilee said to Rouge who nodded her agreement after rolling her eyes and snorting.

Things were still touch and go between the two girls after what had happened just a few hours earlier.

"Think that's her boyfriend?" Jubi asked thinking this new guy beat any of the ones they had around all ready.

"Seeing how she's wrapped around him probably."

"Poor Kurt," She said commenting on the relationship that had seemed to be developing between the two.

******

"I see we have a new visitor," The Professor said arriving at the same time as Scott.

"Prof," Sky started blushing as she realized she was still clinging to Remy for dear life.

"Just a sec," She said as she slid to the ground and turned to face him.

"Proff this is Remy LeBeau the closest thing I have to family, and I was wondering if it would be ok if he stayed for a while."

"I think that would be just fine," he said even as he told Scott not to worry.

" I thank you , mos people call me Gambit," Remy said grinning as he shook his hand.

"Well Gambit we'll find you a room in the boys dorms, and hopefully I can interest you in some training," he said, his red eyes broadcasting him as a mutant at first glance.

" I have so much to tell you," Sky said happy everything was settled.

"See you guys at dinner," She said dragging him out of the mansion as they waved.

"It is actually nice to see Sky in full teenager mode for once," Ro said laughing as Logan scowled.

"He has womanizer written all over him."

" I do not believe you have to worry about that with those two," Ororo said thinking of the conversation she still wanted to have with her about Kurt.

"I know that look Ro, what aren't you telling me?" He asked curious about what could be going on that he hadn't noticed.

"Its a girl thing."

"Girl thing! All the more reason for me to know," He said still grumbling as they headed up the stairs.

Shaking his head in disbelief Scott watched them go. They didn't know this boy from Adam, and yet they were going to let him stay in the mansion, and they let Sky go off with him alone. He had hoped they would take more precautions with people after everything that had recently happened.

: If we let what happens to us effect the way we act , then ultimately they've won Scott:

Turning to the professor he shook his head sadly.

: I just don't want to see Sky hurt:

He thought knowing the older man could hear his thoughts.

: I think that this Gambit has taken care of her much longer than you and I, I sense nothing but love for her from him, but he too seems to share the ability to block my prying:

Nodding his head Scott found himself walking through the kitchen to the small porch surrounded by the roses Ororo tended to. The bench there had become his haven since everything had gone wrong in
his life. Sighing he tried to relax, it was hard not to be overprotective of Sky. She was so much like Jean, and he often wondered if the young girl some how sensed this . She had a knack for spending time
with him just when he was at his lowest.

They often ate lunch together, or took walks in the woods, she would quietly listen to him tell stories of happier times with Jean and Storm, and the trouble they'd gotten in to as teens. Truth be told he almost has a small crush on the young women. Shaking his head he leaned back watching the sun slowly sink to the horizon.

Klenis- Little one





You must login () to review.