Chapter 6 Confusion

************************

Sitting in his room Kurt continued to pace as he argued with himself. She was gorgeous, and just seventeen with her whole life ahead of her. What could she possibly want with him? Just the same, as many times as he ran through the kiss in his head he came to the same conclusion. Not only had she returned the kiss, she had enjoyed it just as much as he. Praying his hands rubbed his prayer beads. Was God actually granting him his hearts desire?

****
“Ro seriously, what t he hell was that look about?” Logan asked still following behind her as she headed out to the balcony.

“Logan I will only discuss this if you promise me you will not do anything rash.”

“Now I really want to know what the hell is going on around here.”

“I was only concerned about Kurt and Sky.”


”Why? Are they fighting?” he asked eyes squinted as his face filled with confusion.

“Those two are the best of friends darling, I can’t imagine what they’d even have to fight about.”

“I actually think they’re damned good for one another, they help bring one another out of their shells.”

“ I’m glad you too think they are good together… do you not know?” She asked raising an eyebrow as her crystal gaze locked with his.

“Know what?” Logan growled agitated.

“Logan I think there may be more developing between those two than just friendship.”

“WHAT!!!!” He asked, face flushed with anger at the thought of anyone taking advantage of his “Little” girl.

“He’s twenty-five for God’s sake! She’s seventeen Ro!”

“And at seventeen she has been though more than most adults, she would not be happy with young men her own age. “

“She is no child.”

“Where the hell have I been this whole time!” He asked throwing his hands up in frustration at the bomb that had just been dropped.

“With me,” She said, the teasing smile on her lips coaxing an answering one from him as he leaned against the rail, arms crossed.

“I don’t know how that girl got under my skin so quickly Rory, buy I feel almost like she’s mine, I just don’t’ want to see her hurt. “

“I know Logan, I too hold a special place in my heart for Sky, you two are so similar it makes sense that you would be like a Father to her,” She said smiling as she thought of their sarcastic sharp tongued sense of humor.

“Yea, she’s something all right,” he said grinning proudly.

“ Now, about that weekend trip we need to plan …”

*****

“How de been treating you fille?”

“Better than most anyone ever has in my entire life,” Sky said bluntly as she smiled at her old friend.

“ Remy glad you found dem , Remy was worried bout you for a long time, don’t like being away from each other for so long.”

“ I know Rem me either,” she whispered, content to just be in his company as they sat beside the lake in a companiable silence.

“You gonna stay?” Sky asked breaking the silence as she cut to the point.

“For a time, I got a feelin you gonna be needing me mon ami.”

“What do you see Remy LeBeau!”

“You know it don’t work like that..” He said fending off her questions as he raised his hands in immediate surrender.

“ I jus sense soma changes in you,.and I couldn’t help but notice you got some pretty strong feelings bout some one around here.”

Closed lipped, and flushed face Sky refused to met Remy’s eyes.

“ Whoo wee dis be serious!” He exclaimed noticing the flush that spread across her face.

“ I do… have feelings for someone, but I don’t think he feels the same.”

“Why not cherie?” He asked saddened by the downtrodden expression that almost instantly appeared.


Launching in to the story, Sky laid her head on Remy’s shoulder glad to have someone who she could share her rejection with.

“Sound like he just scared to me.”

“ But why? I kissed him back, I was glad it happened.”

“You say he looks…. “different” no ?”

“Yes.. but I don’t see- ”

“Maybe he just not used to having someone liking him back,” He said making her eyes widen with understanding.

“Oh Kurt,” She said aching for him and how lonely he must have been.

“If he didn’t like you he non care ,wouldn’t have left like that, I tink he likes you he just can’t believe you would feel the same, I tink if you give dis time it work itself out.”

“Trust me, Ole Remy knows about des things.”

“You jus play it cool,” Remy said a twinkle in his eyes as he thought about his Sky having her first crush.

*********

Tail switching back and forth Kurt slowly made his way down the stairs for dinner. Would she even to talk to him, should he wait for her to approach him. He had never been good at these things; to be completely honest; he had never had to deal with any thing quite like this. Sky was more than just a pretty face that made his heart beat faster, she was…. the closest thing he would ever have to a soul mate; if that was even possible. He entered the room under the watchful eyes of Logan, and he wondered what he had done to put him on edge. Perhaps Sky had mentioned their argument. Taking a seat a few benches down he waited for Sky to enter the room.

*****
Nervous beyond belief, Sky tried to take Remy’s advice and play it cool as they walked in to the dinning room. She knew she didn’t have long before Logan would be hounding her, he could smell when things weren’t right… literally. Her heart broke as she watched Kurt’s eyes widen with shock, and fill with a misconception about the handsome Cajun walking at her side.

:Oh Kurt , you give yourself too little credit:

“Who’s your friend Sky?” Jubilee asked making her smile.

: That girl and her hormones: She thought shaking her head as she laughed to herself.

“This is Remy LeBeau, my annoying older brother.” She said smiling as he instantly stepped forward, for an introduction.

“Remy LeBeau at your service,” He said kissing her hand as he managed to bow as only he could.

“She’s charmed I’m sure,” Sky said rolling her eyes as she watched Remy dazzle yet another woman.





You must login () to review.