Title: Himmel
Author : Ladie
Chapter 8: Strange Happenings


Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Marvel universe. I do however own Sky


Curled in a fetal position she was suspended in a warm weightless environment. It was like being in the womb, but some how that was all wrong. Opening her eyes and seeing the gray matter that surrounded her she began to scream, and scream, and scream.

Sitting up Kurt was violently ripped from his dream by her howls.

“Sky!” He yelled shaking her gently as she refused to let go of her grip on slumber.

“Sky!” He yelled again, worried because she was not responding.

“What the hell is wrong with her!” Logan asked bursting through the door with Ro and the Cajun close on his heels.

It had been months since her last outburst, and there was note of pure terror in these screams.

She was suddenly quiet as her eyes popped open, still un seeing as everything it the room began to vibrate.

“Sky you must stop this,” Kurt said kneeling in front of her, and not recognizing the women he loved in her eyes.

“ Sometin is vrong,” He said shaking his as he meet two pairs of equally worried eyes.

“Dats not my Souer,” Gambit said starring at the familiar face that some how now had a completely different mental feel. They had communicated enough telepathically for him to know how she “felt”.

“Wait, did you hear that?” Logan asked turning his eyes to the girl who finally spoke.

“Scott,” She whispered once more looking up just as Scott, and the professor entered the doorway.

“Why the fuck’s she asking for him?” Logan asked with a sour expression.

“ I do not know,” Ro said shivering at the void she sensed in the young girl normally full of life.

“Some tin not right here,” Gambit said worried as he looked at her eyes and swore for a moment they glowed red.


“Sky?” Scott asked approaching her slowly as he kneeled in front of her seeing something foreign flicker in the green brown swirls.

“Scott,” She said sending a chill down his spine because for a second she had sounded just like Jean.

Turning to see if any one else had heard the tone he pushed down his hope. Once again he was seeing what wasn’t there.

She blinked once more suddenly aware of herself and her surroundings. Spotting Scott a few feet away from her she began to sob throwing herself in his arms.

“Its so dark there, I don’t want to go back, don’t make me go back” She whimpered, refusing to loosen her hold on his neck.

“Okay, you don’t have to go back, Sky,” He whispered, heart breaking for the terrified young woman he held in his arms.

“But I do,” She whispered suddenly serious as she starred at the night goggles he wore to bed, almost as if she could see through the ruby crystal to the brown orbs beneath.

“ I have to for you Slim,” She whispered low enough that only he and Logan could have possibly heard.

“J-Jean?” He stuttered almost dropping her when she suddenly went limp.

“What the fuck was that Chuck?” Logan asked turning to the man who looked just as bewildered as they felt.

“ I am still uncertain, I must think on this, and test theories,” He said, the wheels in his head all ready turning. ( Wheels, haha )

“ She will rest for the rest of the night,” He said letting them know he had given her a mental nudge towards that suggestion.

“Kurt, keep a close eye on her,” He said, his smiling to let the blue mutant know he knew of their shift in relationship.

“ I vill,” he said gently taking the limp form from Scott who was starring at her like he saw a ghost.

“ I’ll be in my room if you need me,” he said quickly turning on his heel.

“Dis be the first time its been like dis no?” Remy asked watching as the blue elf put his padnat back in to bed.

“So she had told him how she felt after all” he thought. He could tell by the way he touched her, hovering in a protective manner that said she was his to care for.

“ Yea Gumbo, I aint never seen her like this before, not even when she first came here,” He said shaking his head in awe as he pulled Ro closer, and ran a comforting hand up and down her arm.

“We need to get her in the danger room starting tomorrow, she has to get control of this,” He said obsessed with making sure what had happened with Jean was not repeated. The similarities between the two were uncanny , and he wanted to make sure and break the mistakes of the past.


“Danger Room?” Remy asked suddenly looking at ease as he leaned against the doorframe.
The thief talked a good game, but Logan could still smell the lingering scent of fear.

“It is where we train, and teach the children to control their powers,” Ororo supplied smiling at the mischievous youth. His love and devotion to Sky were obvious, and that instantly endeared him to her.

Nodding his head in understand he turned to leave.

“Well, when she go dis Cajun go to, from now on tink of me as er shadow.”

“How long was he visiting again?” Logan asked turning to leave now that Sky was settled.

“Take care of my girl,” was what Logan said aloud.

: Treat my daughter right: The message he had tried to convey.

He could smell the change in the two, and though he didn’t care for their age difference, he couldn’t really keep them apart. Sky was an old soul, living more in one lifetime than most, and he had no business trying to step in and run her life at this point. She would turn eighteen in a few more months anyways.

~~~
Waking was hard the next morning as she came to feeling like she had drank one too many the night before.

“What happened to me?” She whispered, recognizing the fatigue that came with psychic overload.

“You are avake,” Kurt said instantly by her side.

“What time is it?” She asked noticing just how high the sun was as she smiled up at him.

“1:00.”

“What! Why did you let me sleep so late, I missed classes, and I have to met with Ory.”

“Sky, do you remember anything from last night?” Kurt asked suddenly frightened as he pushed the hair out of her eyes.

“Just a nightmare,” She said shaking her head.

“You shook zee whole room, do you remember talking with Scott?”

“I… no,” She whispered lips trembling.

“ I tink you need to see zee professor,” He said pulling her to lie against his chest.

“Kurt… I’m scared,” She said knowing something was seriously off as she stroked his fur.

“Get dressed, zan I will get you something to eat, and take you to see the professor,” He said kissing her forehead as he brushed her disheveled mane of thick hair.

“ Do not worry, I am here, we all are, and we won’t let anything happen to you.”

“Its not me I’m worried about.” She said knowing the potential danger she could cause with her powers.

~~~

“Sky, do come in,” he Professor said making her swear. Damn him, and his telepathic abilities. She had been standing in front of the door for the past five minutes; afraid of what she’d hear once she went inside.

“ Hey Prof,” She said with an light heartedness she didn’t really feel.

“I can understand your worry, but I think you just taped in to the feelings of the late Jean Grey,” He said smiling when she relaxed.

“ You see, I’ve suspected that some of Jean’s essence remained still, since the incident at Alkaline Lake, I did not wish to mention this without proof however.”

“ So you think… this essence reached out for me?”

“Yes, your powers are incredibly similar, and you do have a strong connection to Scott.”

“ Yea, he’s like the Uncle I never had,” Sky said smiling at the sour look Logan would have gotten over that particular response.

“ Do you think this will happen again?” She said suddenly comforted. She had heard many tales about Jean, and she didn’t fear the other mutant, though she normally dislikes people in her mind.

“ I am not sure, but I can tell you that Jean would never harm you in any way.”

Nodding her head thoughtfully Sky leaned back in the chair. Now that she knew what had happened to her , she could work towards getting a handle on it.

“ I believe we need to start with some extensive training, I sense something stirring in you, and you will need control to have complete power over it when it comes.”

“You still think I have not come in to my full powers,” Sky asked in awe thinking how her powers had all ready increased since she’d come here.

Where before a book was hard to move she could now move an entire bookcase, she could move the lake waters aside, and barley break a sweat. Just how much power was to be entrusted to her?





You must login () to review.