Crime Scene:

A big, gloved hand lifted the police tape and its owner stepped into the burned place. It still smelled of smoke, explosive and burned flesh. The man walked slowly between the rubble, looking around. The kindergarten had been a two stories house, painted in white and blue, with a nice garden with swings and slides and even a little plastic log. Now, the building was completely destroyed and the garden was covered in debris. To achieve a destruction like that, the terrorist should have put bombs in all the strategical places. And something like that… well, it was very difficult to go unnoticed.
The man crouched down and brushed the dirt from something… A doll. Barbie Supersomething. Burned. The building colapsed and the fire started, or the fire started and then the building colapsed?
“Hey, who the hell are you? What are you doing here?” Another man’s voice interrumpted his thoughts.
With the doll still in his hand, he stood up and turned to confront the newcomer. “Hey, Wraith. So, you now work crime scenes? I thought you had a higher level.” The blonde man said with a smirk.
“Creed.” Wraith stopped in front of the big man. “You shouldn’t be here. The criminalists are still looking for evidences.”
“I thought you were sure that this” Creed moved the hand with the doll to take in the destructed place “was Logan’s work. He’s in jail for it, isn’t he?”
“The evidences we have point to him, yes. What did he said to Raven today?”
Creed didn’t show surprise at the fact that Wraith knew about Raven’s visit at the jail. The mutant looked at the doll and smirked again.
“That he was innocent. At least at first. When she was going out, she asked again. He only asked her what did she think.”
“And? I suppose you think he’s innocent, since you’re here, do you?”
Victor only shrugged and looked around. Wraith seemed oddly confortable discussing the terrorist attack in the place where it happened, the place that, to be true, still was filled with remains of the corpses, if Creed’s nose didn’t lie to him. And it usually didn’t. Wraith observed the big mutant, waiting for an answer, but Victor stood quietly for a long five minutes, his deep breaths the only sounds in the place. At last, he looked at Wraith.
“I know that Logan was… an unstable piece in your organization. He was so good that you put him to work in places for men without eyes or ears… And he has a good set of both. He started to know things that could have been dangerous for the country if other people knew about it.”
“Logan isn’t like you, Creed.” Wraith said, looking to his old subordinate. “You sell yourself to the best offer, but he…” Wraith grew suddenly quiet, knowing he was absolving Logan of the same crime they were acussing him on first place.
“That’s what you think. Or maybe not.” Creed put the doll in Wraith’s hand and walked away, smirking, thinking about what to do about the smell he had catched under all the smoke and burned flesh. The smell of the terrorist.





You must login () to review.