The First Intriguing Encounter
(Three years ago)

Mike Glenn was an average man. He grew up in North Carolina, but chose to move to New York City to attend a simple community college. After two years he had made up his mind about what he wanted to be by joining New York’s police academy. He graduated and found himself a wife all by the age of 25.
Everything was normal at the beginning. He’d quickly been promoted to Corporal after only one year on duty. He’d busted a heavy gang group that had been causing terror, but this was not your average human gangs. These were the mutants. Young ones; but they’d been vandalizing, rapping, stealing, and even had killed an officer in their three year spend of existence. None of the members were over 18.
The group consisted of seven. All of them had unbelievable powers from one changing their voice to another multiplying their ligaments.
Mike was indeed stunned, but not over whelmed. He managed, with the assistance of three other newbie’s to gather up evidence, enough to have all of them locked up in Stewart’s Hall. A special kind of jail built to house the unique clan of trouble makers.
The building was built in 2010 and could house over twenty thousand inmates. It had cost the United States a fortune, but Europe and Canada tipped in ten million each to help due to their escalating problems with “the different”; which was their term for mutants.
Out of the seven gang members, four were females, two pregnant and one already with a five year old. This disguised Mike and he openly bitched to the captured eighteen year old mother of his thoughts as she was brought into Department 108, district 7, Mike’s place of work.
With the mother going along to Stewart Hall and no one going to claim the child a message was sent to Charles Xavier. He owned a campus built for the mutants. The Charles Xavier Institute for the Gifted took in plenty of unwanted mutant children and with the child’s mother about to be locked up and sent over seas; because Stewart Hall was on a far off island in the Pacific, the child would be placed there.
Mike curtly demanded that the mother rethink about her rights to the youngster. Both knew once found guilty of a crime no matter how petty as stealing a candy bar, if you were a mutant the minimum jail time was eight years. The law had to start cracking down on the punishments on mutants. They just weren’t equal no matter what you wanted to believe. So Mike watched the sobbing mother sign over all her rights to the child without showing an ounce of pity.
After holding the seven criminals for 48 hours they were quickly transported to Texas where their trails would take place. Mutant trials were never done in the same state as the crime; simply because odds were always against them to the local jury and even the judge.
Placed in a ceil like a criminal, the five year old was left behind awaiting her future. She waited inside there for three days, alone. Many of the officers over looked her as if she was apart of the bare white wall that she stood behind. She was given peanut butter cracks and soda for nourishment, but this got no companionship. Only two officers decided to ask her what her name was, but she only growled at them. She figured if they treated her like a caged animal then that was how she was going to act.
After the long hours two people came for her. It was at this time Mike met his future wife, Ororo Monroe and Logan… Mike never got his last name. He remembered sitting at his deck and watching Logan come inside with the strange partner. He recognized Logan immediately because he had came to pick up the last scrub, but the other one his eyes had never graced. He was intrigued by her.
He couldn’t remember what caught his eyes first. Her nice slender hazelnut legs, that long white cotton hair, or was it those sea blue eyes? Either which, she marched in with Logan, her smooth transaction of it causing her flared out flower printed skirt to move side to side. Her face wore no smile, but it was calm with her puffy sized lips slightly parted. Her hands were crossed around her nicely sized chest as if she wanted to rush this confrontation.
“This way, Darlin’.” Mike heard Logan’s rumbled voice as he instructed the graceful being to follow him. His eyes followed their every move until they halted right in front of his deck.
“All right, where’s the kid?” Logan demanded of Mike.
“No hello, how may I help you?” Mike smirked and then he nodded his head to his right, directing them to look inside the ceil close by.
His face didn’t change at all as he saw Logan’s eyes narrow and the white haired woman drop her mouth.
“What’cha got her locked up for?” Logan rumbled out, as he quickly slammed his arms onto Mike’s deck. The thick veins from them were clearly apparent with his short-sleeved shirt.
“Where else were we to put her?” Mike asked.
“Get her out, Mr. Glenn.” Ororo suddenly spoke up.
Mike was frozen in his seat as a quick tingle rushed through him, a feeling he had never felt before when looking into someone’s eyes.
“Now!” She yelled out, shocking him.
He tried to maintain his cool,” How you know my name?” He asked, pulling open his draw for the keys.
“Rick wasn’t here so fat boy over there told us to come this way.” Logan answered and suddenly he sniffed the air and then his face went back to its usually snarl.
“Well usually I know people who know me,” Mike rose up and started for the girl's confinement.
“Ororo...” She sighed out as if irritated.
“Interesting, no last name?” Mike turned to smile at her.
“Humph,” was all Ororo offered him.
She couldn’t stand how they mistreated them. Humans had suddenly grown indecent and ruthless. She couldn’t understand why they showed so little compassion to even the innocent.
As they came nearer Ororo and Logan could clearly see how much the child needed them. She was in a far off corner, trying to hide behind the toilet. Her copper hair was clearly knotted and her clothing unattended too.
“You’ve done nothing for her?” Ororo softly said trying her best not to burst into tears at the sight.
“They never do, Darlin. They think they’ll get the cuddies or somethin’ trying to do what’s right.” Logan suddenly reached out a hand and began to rub at Ororo’s shoulder.
“Actually, she just might have some cuddies. She smells horrible; like she’s shitted herself. You’d think a five year old would know what a toilet is by now.”
Logan instantly roared out and moved to strike at Mike, but Ororo stuck out her thin arm and surprisingly held Logan in place.
“Calm yourself,” Her voice rising a notch or two,” We’d be wasting our time trying to explain how a ‘normal’ five year old would act in a strange surrounding after their mother has been taken away.”
She turned to Mike her piercing eyes, he could swear weren’t a color at all, scared him.
“Unlock her now!” She ordered and Mike did so with quivering hands.
The bared doors were pulled out and Ororo quickly stepped inside. She could smell the funk from the child’s accidents, but trained herself not to be deterred from reaching out and taking her.
“Come on now. You’re coming with us.”
The girl looked up casting purple eyes and only growled at Ororo.
“We’re not going to hurt you. We’re going to take care of you now. No one…”
Ororo suddenly stopped her consoling as Logan stepped in behind her and he suddenly growled back at the youngster. The little girl eyed them both and stopped her growling. She studied Logan for a moment and then she reached forward and threw herself onto Ororo. Ororo gathered her up and then without a word to Mike, left Department 108, district 7.
As they left Mike returned to his deck, his eyes following them out just as intensely as they’d followed them in. He didn’t know what had came over him, he knew the entire time he smelled Ororo’s faint fragrance and he continued to sniff in the police department as if the more he did it the more he’d remember its comforting aroma.
Never had he experienced such a yearning to be near a woman. He wished he could start all over again, wished she’d came alone for the child. Whenever Logan came by Mike’s mouth took on distaste and his hair stood on end watching the large man sniff about the air and snarl all the time.
He wanted to find out more about this Ororo Munroe, wanted to know everything about her, from where she grew up, what she liked to eat, and what fabric of panties she liked to wear. Satin, silk, or just plan cotton.
“Yo! Mike are you dropping spit on that paper, Man!”
Mike looked away from the door and turned to his partner, Robert Conroy.
“You weren’t checking out that mutant were ya?” Robert laughed out and so did the rest of the department.
Mike realized that he’d been looking at the doorway longer then he had thought. How could such a creature affect him like that? He just couldn’t understand.
“Here man,” Robert tossed a card onto his desk. Mike picked up the business card and read it. Charles Xavier Institute for the Gifted. There was a number, two actually on the bottom and a fax number.
“What’s this for?” Mike looked up at Robert, dumbfounded.
“To call, bitch! I can tell by the way you were looking at that piece that you want it,” Robert spoke.
The department laughed out loud again.
“I’m not calling any one.” Mike retorted as he turned around in his chair, trying to dismiss the activity playing about the department. Secretly he was embarrassed, but not enough to slip the business card into his pocket as he rose up.
“I’m going to the bathroom.” He lied.
He headed in the direction of the locker room. There he proceeded down the last row to the top locker at the far off corner. He turned the dial to the lock and once entering in the correct code opened it. He reached inside and pulled out his cell phone.
“Hey man, I didn’t mean to make that much of a fuss.”
Mike quickly turned to see Robert headed in his direction. He grinned at the tall six foot two Asian and the smile was reflected across Robert’s lips.
“Oh, it wasn’t nothing. I was looking pretty hard.” Mike admitted.
He knew his partner knew him better then the others. It was okay to revile the truth to him. They had been assigned to each other almost as soon as they entered the doors of the department. The chief believed that they would be prefect together since they both graduated from the academy at the same time. His thoughts were accurate; Robert and Mike were like brothers off the job and on. They went out together during their free time and protected each other when it came down to business.
“Well man she was pretty good looking. Liked those legs, too.” Robert nodded his head.
“They were great, huh,” Mike continued to grin as he began pressing buttons on his phone.
“Oh the whole deal was sweet, didn’t look like your interaction was though.”
“Yeah well I can’t help it if she don’t like the way we do our job.” Mike glanced up briefly to eye Robert.
“Hey man, that is you guys not me. I wouldn’t have put that kid in there either. Hell, if I saw rose in there I’d probably want to pull out my gun.”
Rose was to be Robert’s future daughter. His wife Rita was seven months pregnant and both parents were excited about the new comer.
“So, what are you doing?”
“What does it look like?”
“What does it look lack!” Robert chuckled, "You and that accent. I guess it will never go a way!”
Mike only rolled his eyes,” I’m putting the number into my phone. She might like other things that I do besides what I carry on around here.”
Robert nodded,” That is true, but I thought you know…You didn’t like mutants.”
“I don’t, but what’s wrong with a bit of nookie here and there.” Mike’s grin turned into a mischievous smirk and one of his eyebrows lifted up high.
“You better be careful man, but have fun.” Robert warned before he got up and walked out of the locker room, Mike followed shortly after.





You must login () to review.