“Oh,” Ororo said slightly smiling and very flattered she had that effect of Logan, she was sure the Logan in her world would have never given her a second glance. “You do not have to leave really, I trust you. I believe you will respect my decision and behave yourself.”

“I don’t know how yer Logan is in yer world, but trust me when I tell ya I should really go sleep in tha room across tha hall. If ya need anything just holler ok?”

“Ok, if you think it is best this way…”

“I do,” He said as he openly ran his eyes over her frame, after a moment’s he let his eyes rest on hers and softly spoke. “Damn yer beautiful.”

“How can you look at me with such lust filled eyes, I am as huge as a house hardly attractive.”

“Yer full of my kid and very attractive and sexy.” He said and again she felt herself blushing by the compliment he gave.

“My two compliments in one day, why Logan you are going to lose that ‘bad boy’ reputation you have.”

“And what makes ya think I got a ‘bad boy’ rep?” He asked her arching his brow a bit.

“Oh…I..I apologize I was thinking of my Logan, well not ‘my’ Logan but the Logan from my world.”

“Oh so I’m a bad ass in yer world.”

“To put it mildly.” Ororo stated with a giggle.

“Well sorry ta disappoint ya but there aint a ‘bad’ bone in my body, I’m just a big ole teddy bear.”

“And just hearing you say that makes me believe it, Logan would never admit to anything like that.”

“Well we’ve already established that ‘he’ has got some major issues, only a fool would over look ya and not see how gorgeous ya are.”

“You are sweet to say so…”

“I know so, I fell fer ya the moment I laid eyes on ya. I knew then that I would marry ya and we’d have kids tagether someday.” He said softly as he reached out and laid his hand against her swollen belly, she in turn rested her hand atop his and smiled up at him. “Well I better go get settled in, let ya get some rest.” He said as he turned to leave.

“Good night Logan.” She spoke out and he turned back to her and threw her a smile, startling her a bit, she had never seen Logan smile not her ‘Logan’ at least, it was nice to see. Once the door was closed she stared at it, after him for a few seconds before turning towards the bathroom, where she planned to take a long hot bath. Once she got the water started and lathered up with her favorite oil, she was pleasantly surprised to learn this version of herself, liked the same oils and bath beads as she did. Before getting lost in the bath she went to the closet to get out something comfortable to wear, which in her given state meant something big and loose fitting. She spotted a stack of what looked to be big flannel shirts, she reached up and tugged at them causing them to fall along with a small book, which looked to her to be a diary, and she instantly knew it belonged to her alternate self. Ororo picked up the leather bound book and moved to the bed, forgetting her waiting hot bath and the mess she had made on the floor, she now sat at the foot of the bed contemplating whether she should open it or not.

“It is not like invasion of privacy, it is after all ‘my’ dairy’,” She debated with her good conscience. “Besides I am interested to know how she was.” She finally decided as she opened the book to no page in particular and began to read.

~~~~
March 11th 2002

Today was a bad day, Logan found out the truth, I guess he had been following me and I never noticed. Usually I am more careful, trying to follow a routine, cover myself better, but I should have known he would figure it out sooner or later. It was bad I have never seen him so anger not in our entire five and half years of marriage, and he had never raised his voice to me nor his hands, not until this night…
~~~~

Ororo paused in her reading, not quite believing her eyes, Logan verbally and or physically abusive, it was not something she could ever think of him doing. Sure she had seen him mad, even at her, but he had never even threw an angry glare her way, nor raised his voice let alone his hands to her or anyone else in the mansion, excluding Scott. She decided she was reading too much into it, that maybe she had misunderstood so she flipped the pages forward some and started reading more.

~~~~
June 10th 2002

Today I got the worse new of my life and it’s funny I always imagined it was be the happiest news. I am pregnant and I do not know how to go about giving Logan this news, he has been so distant taking to sleeping on the floor, yet remaining in our room as so the others won’t know that there’s anything wrong, like we’re still the happy couple. He even kisses me when the others are around, though I know it to be faked feelings, lacking its usual passion. Goddess how can I tell him about this baby when I know what he will think, I am so afraid of what he will do to me and my baby...

~~~~
July 11th 2002

We got the test results today and its official Logan is the father of my baby, which I must admit is a great surprise to me for to be truthful I was not sure at all that he was, and a part of me had prayed that it wasn’t. This news didn’t seem to give him any joy, he just held the expression he’s had since finding out about my affair. He doesn’t smile any longer and when he speaks to me, which is hardly ever now, he never looks at me, at least not in the eyes. I have told him how sorry I am and I truly am but he doesn’t seem to care. He called me a whore and said I was dirty now and the kind of dirty that can’t be washed off, so he won’t touch. I think he wants a divorce, which is what I have wanted for some time now, out of our marriage and to start a new life with Bishop. But now that seems unlikely, once he learned of this baby, Logan’s baby he said he think it best if I stayed and tried to work things out with Logan, for the baby’s sake, but what about my sake, my happiness. I do not want this baby if it means I shall lose Bishop. I will not have it if it means that…

~~~~

“Goddess,” Ororo gasped in a near whisper as she clasped the book closed, not sure if she should read anymore, not sure she wanted to.

~~~~

Days went by and Ororo couldn’t bring herself to reopen the dairy, too afraid of what she would learn about her alternate self; she already discovered she was an adulteress, who wasn’t even sure that ‘her’ husband was the father of her child, nor did she want him to be. She found that she didn’t like this woman, a woman who had her name, her looks, and her alternate life. And poor Logan, she found it difficult to face him and she felt a little ashamed, so she took to avoiding him most of the day, hiding out in her room or the gardens. Finally he tracked her down and demanded to know what was wrong.

“It is nothing really.” She said as she continued walking the path of the gardens with Logan right beside her watching her suspiciously.

“Nutin, ya’ve been advoidin me like I had the plague or something.”

“You are just a bit paranoid Logan I have not…” At that moment he grasped her arm, squeezing it a bit too tightly for Ororo’s liking, he then yanked her around to face him and leaned in closer to leer down at her.

“Don’t play games wit me, twist things ta seem like I’m crazy or seein things or reading too much inta it, we’ve been there before darlin, and I won’t be that big a fool again.” She stared at him with wide and fear filled eyes, she saw an anger in him that she had never seen before, not in this Logan or ‘hers’.

“You are hurting me, let go.” She finally got the voice to speak and it came out in a whimper. As if he had been awoken from a dream state, Logan blinked and then let her arm go and took a step back from her and simply watched her with stunned eyes and she rubbed at her now sore limb.

“Ro, I’m sorry…”

“Do not ever manhandle me Logan, you may have done so with Rory, but as I have told you many times before I am not her, I am not your wife.”

“What’s that suppose ta mean, ‘I may have done so with Rory’. Who told ya that?” He asked his anger again flaring.

“No one,” Ororo quickly tried to cover. “All I am saying is I am not your wife…”

“Yeah ya’ve made that clear.”

“So I do not have to check in with you every second of every hour, you do not have to know where I am at all time…and please do not mention this child, I have told you I will never put it in harm, it is my child too, genetically and emotionally. It is growing within me and you cannot begin to even comprehend what that feels like, the love I already feel for this child. So I would never cause it any harm.” Logan bowed his head a bit and sighed heavily.

“I’m sorry darlin, I just…have I done something, beside just being an asshole that is, that upset ya. For the past couple of days ya’ve been advoidin me and please don’t deny it I know ya have, so tell me what did I do and how can I fix it?”

“It is not you, it is me…Rory to be more precise.”

“What about her?” There was silence before Ororo finally spoke again.

“I know she had an affair.” She admitted and then waited for a reply, she watched Logan’s face harden and his eyes held a cold glare.

“How do ya know that?”

“I…I found her dairy, she wrote about it, about him…Bishop…”

“Don’t…” Logan cut her off balling his fists in anger, which Ororo could see he was trying to keep in check. “I gotta go, ya should go in soon too.” With that he turned to leave.

“Wait,” Ororo called after him as she turned and began to follow him. “Logan, I am sorry I did not mean to upset you, I just…well you wanted to know…”

“Fine, now I know that you know my wife was a whore and the only reason we were even tagether in the end was because of tha baby, it’s mine much to ‘her’ dismay.”

“I am sorry that she did that to you, I am sorry I read her dairy and learned it…I am so ashamed.” She said bowing her head a bit. Logan watched and smiled bit finally understanding what was going on with her.

“Yer not blaming yerself are ya?” He asked his tone softening and she looked at him and only nodded her head. “Oh darlin, as ya’ve been pointing out ta me since ya got here, yer not Rory and ya can’t be held accountable fer her fuck ups.”

“But when you look at me it must be a reminder of her and what she did.”

"Naw, when I saw ya I knew ya'd be different, which is why I wanted ya so much." He said and Ororo's brow bunched and she looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean, when you first saw me...you wanted me so much? When you fisrt saw me you thought I was your wife...right?"

“Yeah, what I mean is after what happened, us thinking Rory was gonna die, I don’t know when ya woke up ya seemed different, looked differently at me, like ya were happy ta see me. She aint looked at me like that in a long time. I don’t know I guess I thought things would be different, that they had changed. Ya know the near death experiences they say those can make ya appreciate life and what ya have, that it makes ya more grateful.” Ororo looked at him curiously not really understanding what he was saying but deciding to let it go for now. “Come on, let’s get back inside, it’s lunch time ya should eat something.” He said as he grasped her hand and walked them back towards the mansion.

~~~~

She sat in the bed, staring down at the dairy contemplating if she wanted to know more, but Logan’s earlier behavior intrigued her to learn the truth. So she slowly picked up the book and began to open it and read.

~~~~
September 13th 2002

I have to get away I don’t feel safe here any longer. Logan has become quite cruel not only with his words but the way he touches me. Last night we made love, if that’s what one would call it, it was horrible as painful as our first night if not worse. I was a virgin then on our honeymoon night, and it was painful at first. But last night was by far worse, by far. He hurt me and he must have torn something for when he had finished I was bleeding, which terrified him, thinking he had harmed the baby. I do not know why he came to me last night after weeks of not even looking at me I think he was drunk for he smelled of Jack Daniels. It was frightening and there was a point when he was choking me, and I mean squeezing my neck so tight that I could not breath and I don’t think he was even aware for his eyes were closed. I struggled clawing at him and punching him until he finally let go, but he didn’t stop pounding me into the bed and that’s what it felt like, it hurt so badly that all I could do was silently cry. I know I deserve it, what it was he doing, why he was doing it, and even if I didn’t him tossing a wad of money of the nightstand before leaving the room, had said it all.

~~~~
September 20th 2002

Well I have decided I shall leave tonight I have already made the arrangements. Now I just have to get out before Logan discovers my plans. Bishop has agreed to help me we shall leave the country together far enough that it will take Logan sometime to track us, and by then I shall gotten an abortion. Bishop says he knows some doctor who will do it for me. A part of me feels guilty this innocent life did not ask to be here, but I know that if I have it I will never be free of Logan. Never.

~~~~

Ororo scanned through the rest of the book but only found blank pages, she lifted her eyes in confusion and they fell on the open closet which was still full of clothes, Rory’s clothes. Then she let her eyes search the entire room and nothing looked out of place, nor looked like anyone was leaving it.

“What happened?” She mumbled to herself and knew there was only one person who could tell her.





You must login () to review.