Getting interactive again, this chapter has theme music, to kind of set the mood, enjoy:)

I Wish I wasn't... By Heather Headley

~~~~

“What happened to her?” Ororo asked as she stood in the doorway of the study, where she found Logan sitting in the dark room, which was only lit by a blazing fire. He was drinking and never even regarded her presence though Ororo knew he had known she was there even before she entered the room. He lifted his glass and downed the rest of his drink and then poured himself another one. “Logan I need to know.”

“Naw ya don’t and trust me ya don’t want ta know either.” He spoke never facing her.

“She was going to leave you, but she did not.”

“And how do ya know she didn’t darlin?” He chuckled lifting his glass to his lips.

“Her clothes,” He paused at her words and pulled the glass back from his lips and sat it on the table beside him. “She took none of her clothes or her belongings, that is odd for someone who was planning to leave, even if she was in a hurry. So I ask again, what happened to her?”

“I loved her, and I wish ta God I didn’t.”

“Logan, please tell me.” With a heavy sigh Logan leaned forward, rested his elbows on his knees and stared into the fire as he began to recall that night.

~~~~

September 20th 2002

“I have tried, Logan God knows I have but this will not work.” She said as she moved about the room grabbing things and placing them in her suitcase. “I had hoped to be gone before you found out I was even leaving.”

“Fine, ya wanna go, go, but afta ya have tha baby…”

“I do not want to have this baby!” She exclaimed as she looked at him as he stood with his back pressed to the closed door. “I do not want you and I have not for sometime now. I love Bishop and I do not want to spend another night away from him. This baby should be his and I wish to God it were, but it is yours and I cannot have it, I will not, I want no ties to you. Not anymore.” With this said she took off her wedding band and sat it on the nightstand. “I have made up my mind Logan. I am leaving you…” Before she could finish her statement she felt the breath knock out of her and when she opened her eyes she found herself with her back now pinned against the door and a very pissed Logan glaring and snarling at her. She terrible in fear but fought hard not to let it show as she stared back at him in defiance.

“It aint good enough fer ya ta fuck my best friend and ta tell me ya leavin me fer him, but yer gonna stand here and tell me ya plan on killin my kid and ya expect what, me ta just let ya?”

“You cannot stop me,” she said nearly laughing and lifting her chin a bit and this manner of taunting had done Logan in and before either had realized it he had struck her in her face, and she crumbled to the floor holding her hand to her bloodied face.

“Oh I can’t?” He repeated and he moved to their dresser, and opened a drawer. Ororo stared at him, her fear now completely taking over. Her eyes whitened and Logan could hear the rumbling of thunder outside, he turned and swiftly moved back to her. “No there aint gonna be none of that.” He said before smacking her again and knocking her unconscious.”

~~~~

Present Day:

“Goddess, you killed her...how and how did I get your child inside of me?”

“No, I aint kill her. Wanted ta but I didn’t and as fer how ya got my baby inside of ya, well I put it there after I found ya. Here come sit and I’ll tell ya the whole story.”

“No, I think I shall stand right here.” He turned and looked at her.

“I aint gonna hurt ya, I’d never…”

“Yes well I am sure your wife thought the same thing, and where is she now?”

“If you really want to know come and I’ll show ya. I’ll show ya everything what happened ta Rory, how ya got here and got my baby in ya, but yer gonna have ta trust me and come wit me. Ya have ta trust that I love you and would never do anything to hurt you, never.” She watched him for a moment and part of her screamed no do not go with this man, you know he killed his wife, yet another part of her the part that trusted her Logan wanted to give himt he benefit of the doubt and wanted to know the truth.

“Fine I will go with you, only because I do not think you would harm me, not so long as I carry you child inside me.” She said and he nodded his head.

“Fair enough come on let’s go.”

“To where?”

“Sinister’s hide out.”

~~~~

“This is it,” Logan stated as they stood in a cave that house what looked to be a lab of sorts and state of the art.

“This is where?”

“Where I first saw ya, in a machine that was right there?” Ororo let her eyes follow to where he pointed to a baron corner, which had housed tha machine they had taken back to the mansion when she had first arrived. “We were here tryin ta stop Sinister, fightin fer our lives. Then you came in, It was all loopy at first, different scenes poppin in and out and then it got ta you and you were laughin and you were with me, out in a garden somewhere. You looked so beautiful and happy, just like Rory when we first met. I knew that machine must have been able ta open gateways to different worlds, we knew from research that Dr. Essex aka Sinister was obsessed with parallel worlds and other dimensions as well as Mutant genetics, and so I got an Idea. I got so lost in thought that Jeannie fell and we had to retreat. We had to leave her here and she died because of me, I did kill ‘her’.” He said bowing his head a bit and Ororo couldn’t help but feel sorry for him despite the fact that she thought he had murdered his wife. “When we got back ta tha mansion I had already formulated a plan, I’d get a new Ororo from one of those parallel worlds and switch her with mine. First I was just gonna wait till after tha baby was born, but then Rory wouldn’t eat and I knew she’d probably try ta hurt the baby, so I went in search of a mutant that could help me. I found her in tha city, an old gypsy woman a soul keeper, she could capture souls and a person’s essences just by touch.”

“You had her take your baby’s soul and essences from Rory?”

“Yeah, and then when we went back ta Sinister’s place a couple of days later, I snuck back here while the others went elsewhere looking fer Jeannie, and had one of Sinister’s lab rats start up tha machine and he was able ta find ya again, and I took ya while ya slept…”

“But I do not understand how did you pass me off as your wife?”

“I had it all thought out, even down ta bringin ya a uniform and tellin the others that ya were already in tha caves doing recon wantin fer us so…”

“So they wouldn’t question why I was there before them.” She finished and he nodded his head.

“Then I did the chant tha old gypsy gave me and placed tha baby inside ya.”

“But something had to go wrong, I was in a coma for two months.”

“Yeah, when I was getting ya out we were attacked, and I was fightin and tryin ta keep ya safe too, but ya got hit. We got ya back here and Hank took a look at ya and said you’d be fine we just had ta wait fer ya ta wake up, and he said you’d probably have some memory loss, then ya woke up and my plans went ta hell.”

“Because of the Professor.”

“Yeah I shoulda known he would be able ta tell ya weren’t tha real deal.”

“Were you really going to let me return to my world, once the truth was out?”

“Yeah I was, I mean I was found out they knew ya weren’t Rory and I knew they were gonna try ta return ya ta yer home, and once ya agreed ta stay long enough ta have tha baby I was content at first…but then I got ta know ya and I fell in love wit ya.”

“No, “ Ororo said plainly holding up her hand and taking a step back from him. “Do not say that,”

“It’s tha truth and a part of ya felt tha same, I know ya did.”

“Yes I felt an attraction to you, I thought that I could easily fall in love with you and the thought of being stuck here was not a horrible prospect to me, but now…Logan you have explained everything except the one thing I need to know the most, where is Rory?”





You must login () to review.