“What the hell did you do?”

“What you wanted man.”

“Scott…Scott, what’s happening? Where…Ahhhhhhh!”

“I wanted you to bring the Goddess to life, not Ororo.”

“Wait a minute, you know her?”

“Yes,” Scott said as he stared at Ororo who thrashed about the table in obvious pain.

“Help me Scott…Goddess it hurts, what’s happening…Ahhhhhhh!”

“What is happening?” Scott directed to the little humpbacked man.

“I don’t know it should have worked unless…wait is she a mutant?” The man asked Scott who only remained silent. “Damn it man, I don’t do those kinds of spells on mutants, they always go wonky, something about their DNA…Fuck man, this can get ugly. I’m outta here.” The little man grabbed up a few things before he ran from the room.

“SCOOOOTTT!! Please help me.” Ororo screamed as she stared at her friend. Her eyes suddenly enlarged as she began to see flashes of being in the Blackbird and then of Scott, and finally of searing pain and Logan, before everything went black. Ororo began to have difficulty breathing and her breaths came in pants as all of her joints locked up, leaving her paralyzed upon the table. The same feeling she felt in the Blackbird once again crept over her, and again she was helpless to stop it, she could only stare at Scott until his image began to fade, as her panting slowed, and then stopped and once again there was only darkness.

Scott moved closer to the table, where Ororo’s once again lifeless body lay, her eyes were wide open fixed to the light above the table, and Scott watched in awe and slight horror and a black liquid seem to fill her eyes, turning them completely black, and when her eyes blinked, Scott stumbled back into a table behind him, knocking over items on top of it. He continued watching as Ororo’s body became animated, sitting up on the table and turning to stared at him, her black eyes boring into him.

“A…Ayaba?”

~~~~

“Logan ya sure this is the right way, ah mean why would Scott bring Ororo’s body here?” Rogue asked as she wrinkled up her nose not allowing her mind to wonder about the sticky substance they were stepping in? Logan lifted his head a bit and sniffed, before heading around a corner, with Rogue following close behind.

“There,” Logan finally spoke as they stood before an old rundown and seemingly abandoned apartment complex.

“Ya sure?” Rogue asked and as if an answer to her question flashes of light filled one of the upper apartment windows. “Ok that looked a lot like…”

“Lightning…Storm.” Logan said as he ran towards the entrance again with Rogue close behind.

~~~~

“Ahhhhhgggrrr!”

“Tell, me where is Imhotep?” The deep voice, which was neither feminine nor masculine, demanded.

“I don’t know…I brought you…Ahhhhhhhh!”

“Imhotep.” The voice demanded again.

“Scott!” Rogue’s voice called out as she and Logan burst into the room to find Scott floating in the air with his arms outstretched and his face bloodied, with a very changed Ororo standing before him. “Let him go!” Rogue demanded as Ayaba stared at her with indifference.

“Cool it kid,” Logan spoke to Rogue while keeping his eyes fixed to Ayaba. “In case ya hadn’t noticed ‘that’ aint Ro, are ya? Yer Ayaba, aintcha?” At hearing one of her names Ayaba dropped Scott, who limply fell to the floor, she then turned and moved towards Logan.

“Back off,” Rogue said as she removed her gloves. Again Ayaba didn’t even acknowledge her but focused on Logan. “I said back off!” Rogue repeated as she reached out and touched Ayaba’s bare arm. It wasn’t until she saw the smoke did she feel the pain. “Ahhh!” Rogue cried out as she yanked her hand back, which was blistered and still smoking. Logan moved in between them before Ayaba could blast Rogue with a Bolt, which instead struck him, sending him through one of the walls.

“Noble,” Ayaba said as she stared after him, before focusing back onto Rogue who stood trying to nurse her burnt hands. “You will tell me, where is Imhotep?”

“Hey,” Logan called out as he moved back through the hole in the wall, he singed flesh quickly regenerating and rejuvenating itself. “We don’t know where Imhotep is.” Ayaba stared at him with a slight smile. “He brought you here to fight his girlfriend.” Logan stated as he pointed to where Scott still lay unconscious. “Phoenix, but I think you know her better as Bennu.” The smile instantly faded from Ayaba’s face and she gave Logan her undivided attention.

“Bennu…here, truly?”

“Yeah, and she’s reeking havoc and we can’t stop her so dumbass over there killed the woman yer in right now, ta bring you here to stop Bennu.”

“I will not stop her, I will destroy her.” Ayaba declared. “You will take me to her.”

“No…no…you can’t kill her, no it’s Jean...no.” Scott gurgled out as he coughed up blood.

“Jean?” Ayaba questioned as she looked to Logan to explain.

“She was a friend, someone we loved. She died and came back, but different, dark, she she’s now the Phoenix.”

“I cannot save your friend, she is dead. That is the only way Bennu could have possessed her, but I can and will destroy her.”

“Then we should get back to the mansion, talk to the Professor, he’s the only one who can find Bennu.” Logan said as he tried to hide his disappointment at the knowledge that Jean nor Ororo could be brought back.

“And can this Professor find Imhotep too?” Ayaba asked.

“If anyone can he can.” Logan replied as he moved to Rogue and helped her to stand, allowing her to support her weight against his body.

“Then take me to your professor.”

“Wait, what about him?” Rogue asked as she nodded her head towards where Scott lied in a bloody heap. Before Logan could reply Scott suddenly let out an agonized scream, with black smoke spewing from his gaping mouth.

“Ahhhhhhgggggggg!” He screamed louder as his body convulsed and blisters began to manifest upon his skin. Soon no sound could be force from his burnt lungs, nor sight to be seen through his singed eyes, and within a matter of minutes is body crumpled to dust.

“Jesus,” Rogue gasped out as tears rolled from her eyes.

“Do not cry for him,” Ayaba’s voice boomed within the room. “He got what he deserved.”

“Thank you.” Logan said grateful and somewhat disappointed that he wouldn’t be able to tear Scott apart with his bare hands, like he had intended.

“I did not do it for you, I did it for her.” Ayaba stated as she headed out of the room. “Now, take me to your Professor.”





You must login () to review.