Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of the X-men. Until I can save up enough money to buy out the
character Storm Marvel has that esteemed privilege. I use the characters for the sole purpose of entertainment.
A/N: A big thanks to everyone that reviewed the first chapter of this story!




The building had taken up the entire corner of Warner street. Yeah, it was huge, too big in fact for just her alone. She stood outside in the warm early morning sunrise just staring up at the site of the brick building.
She could have cared less about the size, she basked in the sheer enjoyment that the three story building
was all hers. Brought and paid for. It was a clean start, and a fresh beginning in an old city that seemed so new to her.

“Now that is one of the most beautiful sites if I do say so myself.”

She was slightly startled by the gruff voice she heard at her side as if it had appeared out of thin air.

“Pardon Me?” She asked confused at the man’s statement. She watched him as he continued staring with his head held to the sky, looking up at ‘her’ building as he stood by her side. In that instant his steel colored eyes met icy blue and she felt momentarily insecure. She ran one hand through her spiky short platinum locks as the other tugged down on the bottom of the purple shirt she wore. There was so much strength that could be seen in that one glance and neither of them turned from the challenge of breaking that eye contact. The man’s gaze and slightly tanned features softened even more when a smile crossed his face as he began his response.

“ The sunrise, over the building. It’s the best place ta catch it in this particular part of the neighborhood."

“So I have noticed. I’m sure the sunset is even more beautiful as well.” That was indeed one of the reasons why she had become so taken with the building. The sunsets from the roof top was simply breath taking. The way the dark evening shades of the sky melded with the luminescent colors of the day was like art. The colors of the sunrise and the sunset were like having the best of both worlds. Grasping pieces of both night and day even if it was just for a few mere minutes it was beauty, it was unapologetic, it… was… freedom.

“Yeah, there are quite a few beautiful things in this neighborhood. Seems as if ya can discover something new and beautiful just about everyday.” His statement was accompanied by those hard steel colored eyes that left traces of lust in his gaze which immediately informed her that he was no longer referring to the sunrise.

It was then when she finally broke eye contact with him to look back up at the building. His words were a bit too intense for her on such an early morning. Was this man actually flirting with her? She looked back at him trying to hold back the hint of blush she knew was threatening to creep across her mocha complected cheeks.

His hair was dark and untamed, his chest broad and muscular against the simple white t-shirt he wore. He was a bit on the short side, but she looked into his eyes once more and knew whatever physical strength he possessed wasn’t hindered due to his height. Again, her hand raked through her short hair. Perhaps it was a nervous habit she was starting to develop as of lately. ‘Yeah, since all of thirty seconds ago’ she thought to herself as she listened to the man speak again, trying to keep control over her calm composure as he offered his hand out to her in introduction.

“Name’s Logan, I own and teach at the Dojo down the block there.” She placed her hand into his and turned her head to follow the location he pointed toward.

“A pleasure to meet you Logan.” She shook his hand as if she never wanted to let go. His hand was rough, calloused over but yet gentle and inviting all at the same time. Strong and safe, that’s how he felt. She quickly berated herself for such a thought . 'For Goddess sake the early morning air must have been making her delusional! Strong and safe?' She knew this guy for all of one minute and already she was analyzing him.

Logan looked at her quizzically when she abruptly let go of his hand and began running her own through her snow colored pixie spiked hair. He was waiting for her to offer him her name but she seemed a bit preoccupied with raking her hands through her hair and staring up at the building in front of them. Logan looked the woman over, she stood at his side with such a statuesque and sleek form. The way the rays of the new dawn reflected off of her sapphire gaze was almost mystical as if he could decipher the concealed perfections that laid underneath the shell of imperfect insecurity that she displayed. He refused to walk away without a name.

“ I didn’t catch ya name there.” Logan said in a friendly tone with hopes of easing her attention back toward him.

“Oh, it’s Sto…my name is Ororo” It had been so long since she had heard her birth name spoken aloud. It had been too long since she was just simply Ororo.

“Ororo” Logan said as he was almost hypnotized by the sound of it. “That is a beautiful name ya have there.”

“Well thank you very much Logan” Ororo said with a huge smile that Logan matched

“So, are ya new ta the area? I haven’t seen ya around the neighborhood before.” Logan asked with baited breath hoping to learn more about Ororo.

“Yes, I am. Just moved in .”

“Really, where abouts?”

“Right here.” Ororo said as she gestured to the building. Logan looked at her with a raised brow.

“Here? This Building? Ya have ta be kidding?”

“Nope, not a joke at all, this here is my new home” Ororo said with a bit of playfulness in her voice after seeing Logan’s surprised expression.

“This building has been abandoned fer years. I can’t remember anyone living here since I’ve been in this neighborhood.”

“Well it will be occupied as of today” Ororo reached into the pocket of her denim pants to take out the key to the building.

“That’s a lot of building fer just one person. All and all, welcome ta the neighborhood. I’m sure ya’ll like it here and if’n ya need any help with anything just drop by the Dojo I always try my best ta lend a helping hand ta my neighbors.” There it was again the trace of lust in his gaze with that friendly demeanor. Ororo was willing herself not to be attracted to Logan. She just shook her head and smiled while her slender arms laid laced behind her back.

“Thank you for the welcome Logan, I am sure if all of the people in this neighborhood is as friendly as you are, I may like it here indeed. It was very nice meeting you.” She extended one of her hands for a brief hand shake once again. Logan grasped her hand as he stared into those hypotonic eyes of hers. The two bid each other farewell as Ororo walked up to the front entrance of the building and Logan walked down the street in the direction of his Dojo. Ororo watched him as he walked away, thinking to her self ‘that man could sure wear the hell out of some jeans.’ She didn’t bother to hide the blush that spread across her cheeks that time.

As she placed the key into the front door she took a final step back to look up into the sky. The sun had already risen high into the flawless blue sky. It was going to be a beautiful day. It was a new dawn, a new day for great beginnings for Ororo, a new life to possibly forget the past and look forward towards expectations to build a satisfying future. Before she turned the key to open up the door she took a glance down the street to see that Logan had stopped at the corner before crossing over to his Dojo he turned around and waved at her.

Ororo looked at the palm of her hand remembering his feel. “Strong and safe.” She said silently to herself. She smiled and waved back to him as she made her way through the front door and took her first steps into her own home. She let go a sigh of excitement as she walked through the hallways. Yeah, it was a new dawn, a new day, a new life indeed. And dammit, she was feeling good.


A/N: Thanks for getting this far. How about reviewing? Feedback is always welcomed!





You must login () to review.