Chapter 1

“Come on Jimmy, cut me some slack here,” Captain Harada said as he leaned forward at his desk, and stared at me with pleading eyes, which he had to know would have no effect on me. Keniuchio Harada came from Japan and although we were about the same age, through hard work, and a whole lot of ass kissing, he’d moved fast up the ranks, and was now my boss, which everyone called him much to his dislike. The term ‘Boss’ is one used for high ranking officers, but he knew I only called him it to annoy him. We use to be what some may call best friends, at least he’d be the only thing close to one I’d ever had, but after I had a fling with his sister, bringing dishonor and shame to their family, or so I was told, nevermind she had been to one to itiniate and then set the terms of our ‘relationship’, Harada and I kind of fell out. But we still shared a mutual respect for one another, he was a good man.

“Last week ya wanted me to go see tha shrink, this week ya want me to take on a new partner, well no thanks Boss, to both.” I said lounging back in the chair opposite his desk, waiting for the loud curses I knew were about to fly around the room and through out the floor of the Precinct.

“Jimmy I’m not making a request here, just asking for some cooperation. You will go see the shrink, or I’ll put your ass on suspension without pay, and you’re gonna take on this new partner, and work with him without incident.” Well that ended that discussion, suspension without pay was a bitch, and to a guy who just impulsively bought the big screen he’d seen at Circuit City, it was a cold hearted bitch. Although I wasn’t looking forward to taking on either tasks that Harada was asking of me, I had to admit that one was going to probably be damn near unbearable, and that was the one that involved a tall, slim, red-head, who happened to be married to another Detective in my Precinct, and who I had fallen in love with the first time I laid eyes on her. Ok Maybe it was lust the first time, but it did evolved into something more. And I told her how I felt one night at a retirement party for one of the guys in booking, and for a second I could see in her eyes that she more than flattered, as she had said to me. I knew then as I know everytime we cross each other’s path she was interested, whether that interest was in seeing what could come of a relationship with me, or if it was just about us fucking down in one of the storage closets, I wasn’t sure, maybe a bit of both. She was too loyal in the end, and I knew she probably loved her husband, which I respected, but not enough to not throw innundos at her and make it a point to brush up against her whenever she was near. Now Harada wanted me to go to her and open up and tell her deep shit that I anit never told anybody. In a closed off place, alone. “You know this wouldn’t even have to be brought up if you had gone after…Jimmy you really need to talk about it, work it out.” Harada said going into the ‘friend’ mode, which would have caved me in if it had been any other subject then Hank.

“Aint nothing to be worked out,” I said as I stood wanting to end this conversation, this particular topic was off limits, and everyone knew though there were some, like Harada who would try anyway. “I’ll go see Red, and I’ll welcome the new rookie with open arms, ok?” Harada smiled taking the hint to change the subject, which he acknowledged with a nod of his head.

“Alright Jimmy, and by the way your new partner is no rookie, pulled up his file, he’s transferring from uptown, Homicide division, got 7 years on the force, and a pretty impeccable list of awards and honors. Hell He could have made Captain by now, but didn’t want to take a desk job.” Harada read on silently for a few second, clearly impressed and I moved to the door to leave him to it. “He’ll be coming in first thing in the morning Jimmy, so no shit like last time.” I threw him a smile before walking out as I thought of the last time they had tried to partner me up with somebody. Poor guy was the biggest brown noser I had ever met, which I took full advantage of, hell if he wanted to drop off my laundry every week and then pay to get it out, who was I to complain, but our partnership ended after a trip to the toughest neighborhood in town, full of gang members and cop killers, where he was left stranded. Well not stranded cause I was just around the corner and would have jumped in at the first sign of any trouble, which there was none, unless you included the crazed looking white guy in a cops uniform running down the street like a bat outta hell, and screaming like a girl. I had to do nearly sixty to catch up with him. Guess I’ll just have to wait to get to know the new guy before I can find the perfect way to get rid of him.

Elsewhere:
“This is not what I asked for, not what I paid for.” The hefty bald man said as he stood in the small room that housed only a bed with a covered side table and a chair.

“Don’t worry man, it’s all good. Fresh like ya wanted.” The scrawny black man in the Versace suit and fur coat, said throwing a wide smile to show his gold plated teeth. “And I was even able to get some toys fer ya, and don’t worry about makin a mess, I’ll take care of that too.” These words brought a smile to the bald man’s face, which the Black man took as an OK and so he turned and quickly left the room, closing the door behind him. The bald man removed his jacket and moved to the bed side table, he pulled off the covering and his smile widened at the gleaming objects displayed. He picked up a sharp utensil and turned towards the bed, where a girl who looked to be seven cowered in the corner of the bed, balled up and crying, as she watched the man with wide frighten eyes.

“OK, my little doll baby, lets play.”





You must login () to review.