Amorous Tread

Chapter 3




The little girl walked through the dark alley. She was no more than 6 years of age. Her face was like a beautifully rare porcelain doll, but her eyes looked like that of a person who already had a wide understanding of how the world works. She was use to walking through these alleys; she knew the whole city like the back of her hand. She reached what appeared to be a hole in the wall, one would only notice if they were searching for it.


She walked in. As she walked on more light would appear, until she reached a room that was lavishly set. Various colors of: purple, navy blue, blood red, and gold. No one would suspect such a regal looking place would have such a defective looking front. But the little girl was not impressed; she treaded to this place many times before. To her it was always like walking into hell and then meeting the devil himself.


She walked up to the person that was seated in the middle of the room. A handsome Indian man, who was in his late twenty’s. Like her, his eyes showed a different story from his face. His eyes were frigid and yet humorous at the same time. He didn’t turn to her when she stopped before him. He had been waiting for her. Sensed her before she even walked in.


“Did you speak to him?” the man asked, as he finally looked the child in her eyes.


“No,” she answered. Looking into his eyes, bravely.


“But you’ve met him.” It was more of a confirmation than a question; the man already knew they met. “Why didn’t you keep running? What made you stop, to regard him?” he asked.


“I don’t know. I just stopped. And he came to me.” She was remembering the day’s earlier events. She knew the man in front of her would question her about it.


“Was it like the pull you usually feel from me?” He questioned.


“Yes,” she answered.


“If you see him, don’t ever go near him again. Understand?” It was a command not a request.


The young girl nodded. The man motioned for her to come closer. He lifted her chin, so that he could have a better look at her. He admired the gorgeous little face, and then kissed her on the forehead.


“That’s a good girl. My little Ororo.”


Ororo woke up with a start. She looked around every which way, and she was breathing slightly heavy. Once she realized she was by herself, she sat back on the headboard of her bed.


Goddess, I have not thought about that day in so long, Ororo thought. What could have brought on the dream of that memory? It was the last thing on her mind, and yet so suddenly it came to the front of her thought patterns. Memories like that, with that man, were one of her more distressing times in her life.


Ororo rested her head back on her pillow and looked out of her balcony into the night sky. She willed herself that it would be best to just go back to sleep. So she closed her eyes, in hope that no more dreams like that would come.



* * *



Charles was up in his office, deep in thought. It was late and he was supposed to be asleep, but he had been jerked awake. Something had disrupted his sleep patterns. He didn’t know what it was, but he knew who it was. Ororo.


He had sensed her distress patterns, and reacted to them immediately. Then several minutes later he didn’t feel her distress anymore. It puzzled him that he felt such strong mental waves from Ororo. Next to Logan, she had the strongest mental shields, of a non-telepath he’s ever felt. If she didn’t want her feelings broadcasted, she knew exactly how to keep them to herself. But then moments ago he could feel her every emotion clearly.


Doom. Hatred. Fear. Disgust.


He hasn’t felt such strong negative emotions from Ororo like that since…


Charles shook his head. It would be best to question Ororo about it tomorrow. There could be more to this than he thought.



* * *



It was Monday morning. Still no classes, due to the three-day weekend. One more day to rest and to get prepared for the week ahead.


Logan had just finished a session in the danger room. He had been in there ever since early morning. He had another one of his nightmares. Almost every night he would have them, and if they didn’t come he would subconsciously wait for them to come.


He needed to get out of the mansion. He felt like shit this morning and didn’t want to deal with anyone right now. As he walked towards the garage, he nearly bumped into the professor.


“Oh, ah… sorry Chuck,” Logan apologized.


“That’s quite alright. Are you alright, Logan?” Xavier asked.


“Yeah fine, just need ta get some air. I’ll be back later.” With that Logan walked away.


Seems like someone else had a rough night, Charles thought.


He was on his way to the greenhouse in search of Ororo. He knew she would be in there. She went there often, especially when she wanted to gather her thoughts.


Charles wheeled his way into the greenhouse, until he saw Ororo.


“Hello, Ororo,” Charles greeted.


“Oh, good morning Charles,” Ororo greeted back.


“Have you been alright?” Charles asked.


“Yes Charles, as alright as I will ever be. Why do you ask?” Ororo turned from the plant she had been watering to look at him.


“Last night, I sensed your distress, Ororo. I have not felt such strong emotional waves from you like that in a long time. What was wrong with you last night?” Charles looked up at Ororo mindfully.


Ororo took a while before answering; she was not expecting the professor to mention, last night. “I had a dream... I dreamt about the day we met. Do you remember?” she asked.


“Of course, how could I forget? It was my first visit to Egypt. I was in the market, and when I went to reach for my wallet it wasn’t there. You had pick pocked me and I chased after you,” Charles laughed a little. “I would’ve never caught up to you, if I didn’t use my mind to halt you,” Charles finished.


“Yes that’s right. But I had dreamt of what happened after we met. Remember, he broke our connection and I never met you again until I was seventeen.” Ororo turned away from Charles. “Just the thought of him brought back such buried emotions. And the worst thing is, it just all came crumbling down out of nowhere,” Ororo stated frustrated.


“Child, maybe it’s not anything. Sometimes the mind works mysteriously. Things will just pop up in your mind for no good reason. Don’t worry. If there’s anything more to this, I’ll let you know,” Charles said trying to comfort Ororo.


Ororo turned back to regard him. “You have not called me “child” in so long,” Ororo stated.


“Yes well, you all have been like my children. Especially you Ororo, even though I don’t say it. You were the first member of my ‘dream’ that I ever met. And since then you’ve left a lasting impression on my heart,” Charles said with much pride.


Ororo was nearly in tears. “Thank you Charles.”


Ororo bent down to embrace Xavier, the man that had become her father for the past several years. If she had his support then she would be able to get through any memories and feeling of that man.



* * *



Later that night Logan found himself in the woods on the mansion grounds; his nightly retreat when he was feeling strained. He walked deep in to the woods where the lake was. It was his favorite part of the woods. He sat himself down by the lake.


Logan looked weary. His head down and shoulders slumped. Even though he really liked his home at the mansion, he felt like something was missing in his life. Not that it didn’t always feel like something was missing.


When will the hole finally feel, filled? Logan wondered. He was use to feeling this way, but as of lately he’s been wanting more, then of what he’s already use to.


Logan now laid on his back, looking up at the night sky. He breathed in deeply, taking in all the scents around him. To the night air, rich soil, dew on the plants, Ororo. WAIT!


Where was Ororo, for him to be smelling her? No sooner did he ask the question to himself, did he see her flying above the trees.


As graceful and lithe, as ever. There, Ororo was floating just above the trees. It was lower than he usually saw her fly, and he noticed she wasn’t doing her “wind dance”.


She landed on the other side of the lake. Logan got up and treaded quietly and mindfully towards her. His eyes were focused on her face, he saw the saddened expression on it.


Logan neared further, like a hunter nearing it’s prey. But as he got closer he noticed Ororo’s head lift up as if she sensed something then turned to look up at Logan.


“Logan!” Ororo said surprised.


“Hey, darlin. Funny how we keep meeting up like this,” Logan stated.


“Yes, very,” Ororo responded.


It was at this moment that Logan noticed that Ororo had no strip of clothing on. He didn’t know Ororo flew in the nude, due to her flying so high up, he couldn’t notice.


Logan took a good look at her. She was shapely- he knew that- she didn’t have to be naked for him to notice. She had a strong elegant form. Her legs were lengthy and solid. Followed by nicely wide hips, and the firm generous backside behind them, that he admired so much. A trim waist and a stout stomach. Then a lovely set of breast, that weren’t too heavy set, just the perfect size, to entice any man. Slender shoulders, seemly neck, and a face just as gorgeous as a goddess.


Damn, he was getting excited, just by looking at her.


Ororo noticed Logan’s intense stare, but she was never one to be shy or modest about her body, so she felt completely comfortable under his stare. But she had to admit to herself, that the reason her heart was beating so hard and blood running so fast, was because of that very same stare.


“Didn’t mean ta catch ya so …bare, Ro,” Logan finally said.


“That's alright, I never was one to be so easily embarrassed,” Ororo stated.


There was a short silence between the two, until Ororo spoke again.


"What brings you to the woods so late at night, Logan? I thought I was the only one who ventured here so late," Ororo said as she bent down to pick up the nightgown she had sheded early. Something that definitely did not go unnoticed by Logan.


"Well, you're not the only one who seeks solitude here," Logan answered. "I saw ya flying up there, you didn't look too happy. You alright, darlin?" he asked.


"Yes, fine." Ororo answered, slipping the nightgown over her head.


Logan walked up to Ororo until he was directly in front of her. "My nose tells me you ain't fine." He inhaled Ororo's scent deeply, sifting through all the different scents and emotions. "Far from it, as far as I can tell."


Ororo looked Logan in his eyes, getting a little defensive. "I'm fine, just a little stressed. Nothing a good night's sleep can't help. Which is why it's probably best I get to bed now. Good night, Logan. Maybe I'll bump into you again here, some night. But for now see you tomorrow morning." And she took off into the night sky towards the mansion.


Logan growled, frustrated. That was the third time she left him like that. And he was beginning to get tired of it. He be damned if he let her get away like that again. Next time she wouldn't leave him so suddenly; he would make sure of it.





You must login () to review.