Amorous Tread

Chapter 4




3:11 PM. The clacking noise of the chalk against the board echoed through out the room. Events of WWII, was being written. Ororo turned to face her class. School was finally back, in session after a long three-day weekend. It was the last class of the day. Ororo looked upon her class. She felt relieved now that she was teaching it occupied her mind on other things. She wouldn’t concentrate so hard on the dreams she recently started to have.


“Hitler persecuted millions, in the time of his reign. About six million Jews and six million others that also did not fit his ideal, of what the human race should consist of,” Ororo paused as she watched her class write down everything she dictated. “So my debate question for today is, would Hitler’s ethics have been a positive influence on society, if he had not executed millions?” Ororo asked.


Several of the students raised their hands. Ororo pointed to Kitty, “Kitty.”


“Hitler’s ethics and ideals would not have been a positive influence, on society, even without all the killings. For the simple fact that his beliefs were based on prejudice against people that didn’t fit his ideal view of what a true human should be,” Kitty answered, with much conviction.


“Yeah, I agree. His ideals were mega warped,” Jubilee responded.


“Well maybe the guy had a point,” the whole class turned to Avis, a new student that has been around for almost two months. Ever since he came to the mansion he never made a good impression with most of the students. He continued, “To make a race of perfection, would probably make the world an easier place to live in. If everyone were a certain a way, then everything would go a certain way. Maybe the right way,” Avis finished.


“That’s crazy!” Kitty exclaimed. “That’s like trying to play, God! No one has that right!”


“I think the only reason why you’re disagreeing with us Avis is because you want to have an argument for the sake of arguing. You always think you’re right,” Jubilee said.


“That’s ‘cause I am. You can’t say I don’t have a point. If things were more perfect, things would be better! So why not make it perfect?” Avis asked.


“ ‘Cause it won’t be perfect no matter what you do! Who was Hitler, for him to think he could differ what was right and what was wrong?!?” Kitty answered.


“You all make a good point,” Ororo cut in. “It would be nice to have a society in which everything went the right way because of the right people. But also it is very hard for anyone to know truly what needs to be done in order to make a perfect society,” Ororo said.


The class looked at Ororo intently as they waited for her to continue. “So I ask you, Avis, would it be right for the leaders of our society to eliminate the race of mutants, because they see us as a liability and outcasts?” Ororo asked.


Avis, looked at Ororo blankly. He could not answer her question, because he knew his answer would be completely different from his earlier one.


The bell rang suddenly, and the kids immediately started to get up to leave. Ororo was reminding them all about their debate papers, that were do tomorrow. Several of the kids were saying goodbye to her as they left. Ororo smiled. She really cared for all the children in Xavier’s mansion. If need be she would put her life on the line for anyone of them.


As Ororo went to the board to erase her earlier notes, Logan was up against the doorway staring at her. He had been waiting outside her class a couple minutes before the last bell rang. He walked further into the room as Ororo turned from the board and a little smile came across her lips.


“Good afternoon, Logan. What brings you to my classroom?” Ororo asked, as she walked to the front of her desk and leaned against it.


“Nothin’, just thought I’d come visit the resident goddess’s classroom. Back ta teaching the rugrats, I see,” Logan stated.


“Logan must you always call them that?” Ororo asked.


“Yes,” he answered immediately. “How were the kiddies today, anyway?”


“Just fine, as always. Aww, what is the matter Logan? Were you board, today? No one to play with, now that everyone’s in school, again?” Ororo feigned, sympathy. “Goddess Logan it was only three days,” she finished with a smirk.


“You just love ta provoke me, don’cha ya?”


“Not as much as you like to provoke others, especially a certain cycloptic leader. ” Ororo answered.


Logan growled at her a little. “Anyway, I didn’t come here ta start backlashes wit’cha. I actually came here fer yer, company,” Logan stated.


Ororo raised a questioning eyebrow, at the statement.


“What? Is it that hard ta believe, Darlin? Am I not good enough ta converse with the almighty weather goddess?” Logan asked.


“I said no such thing Logan. I am just surprised, is all. You would usually seek another’s company,” Ororo insinuated.


Logan knew whom Ororo meant, and he growled again. “Yeah well, there are others living in this mansion, and not ta say that I’m a social butterfly or anything, but I like a change, once in a while.”


Ororo smiled. He sure is handsome when he gets aggravated, Ororo thought. “Well, if that is the case, did you have anything in mind as to do while in my company?” Ororo asked.


“As a matter of fact, I do. I was thinkin’ after dinner tonight, ya could tag along with me ta this bar in town. How ‘bout it, Ro? Are ya up fer it, or do ya need ta grade papers, or sumthin’ like that?” Logan asked.


“No, I do not need to grade anything until tomorrow. I will ‘tag along’, with you. What time?” she asked.


“Around ten thirty, when it’s almost time fer the kiddies ta go ta bed.” Logan answered.


Ororo and Logan started to walk out of the classroom, towards the stairs.


“Sounds good. See you later then, Logan,” Ororo said, as she started to walk up the stairs.


“See ya, Ro.” This should be fun, Logan thought.



* * *


It was dinnertime and almost everyone was at the dinner table, some of the children were in the living room watching T.V. while having their dinner. There was a lot of chatter and laughter around the table; everyone was enjoying dinner. Xavier’s mansion always had a distinct feel to it. It was an environment that you could adapt to easily. You felt comfortable without even trying.


“Stormy, you certainly out did yourself, petite. Dinner was delicious as always,” Remy said as he placed a kiss on Ororo’s cheek and put his plate in the sink.


“Remy, keep calling me that insufferable name, and I can show you how delicious a lightning bolt can be,” Ororo said calmly and deadly to Remy. Everyone started to laugh.


“Mien Gott! Ororo you actually sounded serious,” Kurt exclaimed.


“I was,” Ororo said, with the same calm deadliness. Everyone just laughed that much harder.


Remy pouted out his bottom lip, making his red on black eyes resemble that of a puppy, and came closer to Ororo. “Ya wouldn’t really strike Remy would ya, Stormy?” Ororo glared at Remy when he dared to repeat the name.


“Careful, sugah, Storm looks like she’ll strike ya right now,” Rogue warned.


“Yeah Cajun, lay off. Don’t push yer luck,” Logan warned, as well.


But Remy didn’t listen. He came closer to Ororo and sat himself on her lap. Ororo looked at Remy with fond annoyance. He started to say the name, “Stormy” in a singsong tone over and over again. Until Ororo had, had enough and took her fork and stabbed Remy in the ass. He immediately fell to the ground with a yelp. Everyone burst into laughter, at the scene. With tears coming into their eyes, even Ororo had to laugh at what she did.


“Damn Remy! You should have known better!” Scott laughed out as Remy started to get up off the floor.


“I can’t believe ya jus did dat! Dat’s what I get for givin’ ya a compliment, chere?” Remy asked Ororo, as he rubbed his ass.


“No that’s what ya get fer being a pain in the ass,” Logan answered, instead. “Now ya have a pain in yer ass,” laughter still laced his voice.


“I see how i’tis, Stormy!” Remy yelled and strained the name, as he left the kitchen with his hand still rubbing his behind.


Rogue got up and walked passed Storm and said, “Nice one, Storm. That Cajun will never learn,” she giggled and walked after him.


Ororo smiled and got up to wash the dishes. Everyone placed their dishes in the sink and thanked Ororo for dinner.


“Really though Ro, you did out do yourself. Thanks for dinner,” Scott said as he gave her a light hug around her shoulders, and a quick kiss on her temple.


“You are very welcome, Scott,” Ororo responded.


Ororo watched as Scott and Jean started to clean up the table for her. The professor came to Ororo and gave her gentle squeeze on her hand, before leaving.


Logan was the only one who still sat at the table, looking as if he wasn’t ready to budge. He was just looking at Ororo, as she washed the dishes. Staring at Ororo, Logan realized, was beginning to become one of his favorite past times. Especially staring at her rear end. How could I have not noticed something so damn sexy, Logan thought.


Jean looked up from the table at Logan, and saw that he was staring at Ororo. She noticed that Logan had been paying awfully close attention to Ororo lately. It was something that she really didn’t know how to respond to, not that she should really have a response in the first place. Jean nudged Scott with her elbow, and he looked up at her and then at what Jean was looking at. Scott looked at Logan, as he stared at Ororo, then back at Jean and shrugged his shoulders, like nothing was out of the ordinary.


Jean rolled her eyes at him and started to talk to him telepathically. ~ Don’t you notice, Scott? ~


~Notice what? ~ Scott asked.


~The way Logan’s staring at Ororo! ~ Jean explained.


~Yeah, I see. What’s the big deal? ~


~I think something’s going on with those two, ~ Jean answered.


Scott looked again between the two, and started to laugh a little. ~Jean I think you’re delusional. Something going on between them, like what? Those two are as different as night and day. I highly dought that, ~ Scott continued to laugh at Jean’s assumption.


Jean poked Scott in his ribs hard, until he stopped laughing. He just took the rest of the dishes and put them in the sink for Ororo to wash, and left the room.


Jean continued to stare at the two, while pretending to wipe up the table. Logan’s eyes never left Ororo’s form for one second. He suddenly got up from the table and started treading towards Ororo. Jean took much interest, in this.


Logan came up behind Ororo and neared his mouth to her ear. “You’re still up fer tonight, Roro?” Logan whispered softly. He knew Jean was trying to listen to what he was saying. He cared for Jeannie, but that gal could be nosy, when she wanted to be, and that annoyed him a little.


“Yes, Logan. I have not forgotten,” Ororo answered with the same level whisper, and not turning her gaze away from her task.


“Good, meet me in the garage. We’ll be taking my bike, so dress fer the ride. Or would ya prefer ta take one of the Mazda’s?” Logan asked.


“No, your bike is just fine,” Ororo answered.


“Good, see ya later, then,” Logan said, and walked away.


Ororo turned to see Logan walk away. This is when Jean finally stepped up to Ororo, and started drying the dishes for her.


“Oh, thank you, Jean. I thought you left to go upstairs with Scott already,” Ororo said.


“No, still here,” Jean responded.


A comfortable silence fell between the two, but a certain expectance hung in the air. Finally Jean spoke, again.


“So anything new with you, Ororo?” Jean asked casually.


“What do you mean?” Ororo asked.


“Nothing, it’s just that these past couple days you seemed a little different. Just wondering if there was a reason,” Jean answered.


Ororo turned to Jean, her eyes narrowed at her suspiciously. “I assure you Jean, if there was anything new going on you would be the first to know about it,” Ororo said as she dried her hands and left the kitchen.



* * *



Logan’s motorcycle engine died down as he parked in the lot. Ororo unraveled her arms from Logan’s waist, and slid off the bike. She had done as Logan said and dressed for the ride. She wore a pair of form fitting navy blue jeans and a pair of combat boots. And a jeans jacket that had a design of a tornado in the middle of a desert in the back. Logan was pleasantly surprised by Ro’s attire, when she entered the garage back at the mansion. He didn’t think things like combat boots were part of Ro’s wardrobe.


“Here we are Roro,” Logan said, as they were about to walk in.


“Is this where you go, when you go out?” Ororo asked


“Sometimes,” Logan answered.


Ororo nodded, and looked around the place. It was dimly lit, and it had quite a few people in it. There was music playing in the background, of peoples’ voices. Some people were drinking and others were dancing. All in all, the place had a comfortable atmosphere to it. I can see why Logan comes here, Ororo thought.


“Hey, Logan. How you doing tonight?” The bartender asked, as Logan and Ororo sat down.


“I’m good. Henry this is Ororo. Ro, Henry,” Logan introduced.


“Nice to meet you, pretty lady,” Henry greeted, Ororo.


“Hello,” Ororo greeted back. Ororo took a good look at Henry. He looked to be a man in his early fifties, with light brown hair and soft friendly looking eyes. Ororo, was liking this place more and more.


“Can I get you anything?” Henry addressed Ororo. “I already know what Logan wants,” Henry said as he poured out a glass of beer, and handed it to Logan.


“I will have a baileys,” Ororo requested. Henry nodded as he went and came back with her drink.


“Baileys? That’s that rich stuff. I hope ya can handle yer alcohol, Ro,” Logan said.


“I will be just fine, Logan,” Ororo answered. “So why did you decide to bring me here tonight?” Ororo asked.


“Well you’re always working at the school 24/7, and if you’re not at the school you’re sent off on a mission by Chuck. I just thought ya could use a break and get away from the mansion fer a night,” Logan answered. He tried to play it off like he didn’t put thought into it, and that it was no big deal.


Ororo smiled. “Well thank you, Logan. I admit sometimes I do not take the time to do certain things for myself. If it is not one thing, it is another. Something is always happening,” Ororo said with a little frown.


“Well maybe ya need ta just screw other things and look out fer yerself more,” Logan said.


Ororo smiled again. “It is not that easy, Logan. Besides I would not give up the life I have now for anything. Yes it is hard sometimes, but living in a place with dozens of other people, and being almost like a comic book superhero… you never have a boring day,” Ororo said.


Logan had to laugh at Ororo’s reference of them being like comic heroes “Last time we had a talk related ta this, ya mentioned sumthin’ ‘bout balance. Ya wanna elaborate on that, Darlin?” Logan asked curiously.


Ororo paused at first. “What can I say? Over the years I have learned a lot of things. I realized that if you come across certain imbalances in life the best way to deal with it is to find balance within yourself. To know what and who you are, and to know where you stand with yourself. So as far as my responsibilities go, I try not to mind so much. I know how things are and I know where I stand in the mist of things, so I try to make the best out of it,” Ororo finished.


Through all this, Logan had been staring at Ororo intently. Trying to grasp all of what she was saying. Logan laughed a little. “You’re sumthin’ else, Ro. Ya know that?”


Ororo just smiled, and took a sip of her drink. All of sudden Logan got up and offered his hand to Ororo. Ororo looked at him a little confused.


“Come on and dance with me Ro,” Logan answered, Ororo’s speechless question. “I like this song, it’s an old one. And it’s not fast beat,” Logan finished.


Ororo narrowed her eyes a little in interest then grabbed Logan’s hand. They walked on to the dance floor and Logan began to lead slowly. Ororo was happily surprised by Logan’s dancing skills, she would have never suspected because he always gave off the rebel attitude. But now dancing with him like this, she realized there were layers to him that a lot did not know about. He danced with her the way she remembered her parents dancing with each other, she hadn’t seen two people dance like that… until now. And it made an odd sort of happiness swell up in her.


“I never knew you could dance like this, Logan. I am impressed,” Ororo said.


“Well Ro I’m just full of surprises. The sooner ya learn that the better,” Logan said as he brought Ororo closer to him. Ororo just smiled and continued to dance along with, Logan.





You must login () to review.