Amorous Tread

Chapter 7





A month had passed since the attack of the sentinels and things at Xavier’s were relatively back to normal, as normal as a mansion full of mutants could be. Ororo had been in the med lab for a week before being released, she immediately started to teach her classes as soon as she was out.


The Professor had rarely been seen about the mansion, since the attack of the sentinels. He stayed in his office day in and day out only emerging to teach his Literature class. His meals would be brought up to him and if he needed to speak with anyone he would mentally call them to his office.


Until one day a black Mercedes Benz pulled up into the driveway of the mansion. A regally handsome man who looked to be in his early thirties came out of the drivers seat. The Professor had already been in front of the entrance of the mansion waiting. He wheeled up to the man and shook his hand.


“Greetings and welcome to my institute,” The Professor greeted.


“Professor Charles Xavier, nice to finally meet you. I’m Darius Ramos, we spoke over the phone,” the man said.


“Yes, I remember. Come, there is much to be seen and much to talk about,” and with that they entered the mansion.



* * *



Logan had been in the living room watching T.V. until he heard voices in the hall. He got up to curiously see what was going on. He saw The Professor introducing a man he had never seen before, to Scott and Jean. Logan watched from a distance being able to hear everything clearly.


“Hello, Mr. Ramos. Pleased to meet you, I’m Scott Summers,” Scott said curtly shaking the man’s hand. He then turned to Jean. “And this is my fiancé, Jean Grey.”


Logan huffed a small laugh. Cyke really loves flaunting that fact doesn’t he, Logan thought to himself.


Logan could see Jean greeting the man with a polite smile, she blushed a bit when he shook her hand. Looks like Red has a crush, he thought. Logan took this time to really look at the guy. He observed the man’s stern posture and dominate aura, and noticed that in fact the man was handsome.


Ororo walked up to them then. The man’s eyes turned swiftly to her. Logan noticed and a growl threatens to spill through his mouth.


“Oh yes and this is, Ororo Monroe, Mr. Ramos. She teaches History at the school,” Xavier introduced.


“Call me Storm,” Ororo said as she offered her hand to the man.


He took Storm’s hand and raised it to his lips. “Storm,” he let the name roll off his tongue. “And what a torrential phenomenon you must be,” he said as he looked at her with his dark intense hazel eyes. “You can call me, Darius,” he offered.


Logan stalked towards them, making his presence known. He had seen the exchange between Ororo and Darius, and it grated at his nerves. Xavier saw Logan and immediately introduced him as well.


“And this is Logan. He teaches self-defense,” Xavier stated.


Everyone seemed to shut up and still, to see what the exchange would be between the two. Darius offered his hand and Logan took it.


“Mr. Logan,” he greeted calmly.


“Wolverine,” Logan corrected, him.


“Wolverine,” Darius repeated the correction, nodding his head. “Darius,” he offered.


“Darius,” Logan repeated as some form of a greeting.


They were still shaking hands through their exchange, when finally they let go of each other’s grips. Everyone seems to let go of the breath they didn’t know they were holding.


“Well, Mr. Ramos let us proceed to my office, we have much to discuss,” Xavier cut in, wheeling pass them, with Darius following behind.



* * *



“Who was the hottie I saw The Professor, touring around the mansion with?” Jubilee asked.


“Yea, he was awfully sinful,” Rogue agreed.


“I bet he’s sinful alright,” Logan said in a calm menacing voice.


“Looks like Wolverine didn’t enjoy our guest’s company. I wonder why,” Scott said sarcastically.


“And I wonder why with each passing day you become a bigger tight ass,” Logan threw back at him. Scott crossed his arms with a displeased look. “Honestly though One-eye, didn’t ya sense something… suspicious about that guy?” Logan asked.


“I’m not denying that his presence was a little unnerving for me, but we don’t know the man, and The Professor seemed to be fine with him. We could be wrong,” Scott stated.


Logan sucked his teeth. “My instincts have never led me wrong. I gotta feeling we’ll be seeing that guy again soon and I’m just letting ya know that I don’t trust him,” he finished.


~X-Men, come to my office please. Quickly, ~ The Professor mentally called.


Within moments the X-Men were in Xavier’s office, waiting for him to speak. The Professor had his hands folded on his desk. “My X-Men,” Xavier began. “You are all probably wondering, who exactly was Mr. Ramos and why was he visiting the school,” he took a pause and continued. “Mr. Ramos works for a secret government agency that is studying and researching the growth and evolution of the mutant population. I have talked to Mr. Ramos several times over the phone and he expressed to me his interests in the school,” Xavier explained.


All of them looked at The Professor skeptically, then Scott spoke. “What interests did he express to you exactly, Professor?” Scott asked.


“Well, Mr. Ramos thinks the school is a fascinating environment for young mutants and he wants to come and observe the school from time to time,” Xavier answered.


“So you’re gonna let this guy come in and out of the mansion ta observe us like a bunch of lab rats…” Logan stated more as a fact rather a question.


“Not in so many words but, yes,” Xavier answered.


“Why, though? Are you sure that he is genuine, Charles? Do you think that we could actually trust him? He works for some secret government agency, who knows what they are really up to,” Ororo said, concern laced in her voice.


“I understand all of your concerns, but the more I communicate with Mr. Ramos the more I can find out about this agency. I admit, I have my own concerns and suspicions about him, I even have a feeling that he had something to do with the sentinels attack. But for now we need to welcome him whenever he comes. It will not be long before I find out more. So in the mean time be cautious, but be hospitable. That is all for now, my X-Men,” Xavier dismissed.


They all began to walk out of the office, still not believing what The Professor was asking of them.


“Remy don’ like dis at all,” Remy said as soon as they were in the hall.


“Yeah me neither, Cajun. Chuck actually wants us ta act like everything’s all fine and dandy when that guy comes around observing us like some damn science project,” Logan said agitated.


“Ve must not distress. Let’s just have faith in The Professor’s judgment, at least for now,” Kurt said.


“Kurt’s right. You heard what The Professor said we will be hospitable but remain cautious,” Scott ordered.


Logan shook his head softly still not liking the feeling in the pit of his stomach. He saw Ororo walking upstairs to her attic room, and caught up to her.


“Hey Ro wanna get outta the mansion tonight? This place has become suddenly stifling just knowing that that Darius guy is gonna be hanging around here more often. How bout’ Henry’s tonight?” Logan asked.


Ororo turned around to face him. “I do not feel for Henry’s tonight, Logan. Although I do want to get out the mansion tonight,” she answered.


“Well where do ya wanna go?” he asked.


“I do not know. Surprise me,” Ororo said as she continued her way up the stairs, throwing a smile over her shoulder at Logan.


“I think I know just the place,” Logan whispered softly, smiling.



* * *


They had been driving for a little over an hour now and Ororo was really beginning to wonder where on Earth they were heading.

“Logan it has been a while now, when are we getting to wherever you are taking us?” Ororo asked over the roar of the motorcycle’s engine.


“Don’t worry Darlin’ we’ll be there in a few minutes.” Logan said.


It was clear to Ororo that they were heading towards the city, but then she realized he wasn’t going to Manhattan, so she wondered which borough was he going to exactly. From the looks of it he was heading for Brooklyn.


They started to slow down finally reaching they’re destination, they were near the Brooklyn Promenade.


“Here we are, Ro.” Logan said hoping off the bike helping Ororo off.


Ororo took a good look at the view… it was breathtaking. You could see Manhattan’s lights in all its glory, it was like the city was on big night-light. She also observed the promenade they were at… right by the water, lots of trees, a children’s play ground. It was great. She heard that many people gathered here during Fourth of July to view the fireworks, she could see why it was the perfect view.


“Logan this place is great, how did you know about here?” Ororo asked.


“When you drive around as much as I do you tend to find new places to explore,” He said with a wolfish grin.


They walked over to the more grassy area by the children’s playground and sat down. Logan started going into his backpack that he’d brought along and started pulling out items.


“Hope ya hungry Ro cuz I brought us a few things to snack on.”


“Logan how sweet of you. You actually planned a little picnic. Who would have thought you were so thoughtful,” Ororo said with a slight giggle at Logan’s face.

He had scrunched up his nose in playful disgust at her words. “Yeah well don’t tell anyone,” He said gruffly handing her a warm thermos.


She took it from his hands and wondered curiously what was in it so she took a sip of the warm contents.


“Mmm, what is this? Is this… Bailey’s?” She asked delighted.


“Yup, warmed up with a little Jamaican Rum for a kick,” Logan answered. “I know you love your Bailey’s, did you like what I did with it?” He asked.


“It is exceptional. I will definitely have to start drinking Bailey’s this way.” She said thankfully.


“Glad ya like it, Darlin.” He said with such tenderness, that Ororo started to look at him attentively.


They sat very cozily next to each other, the night air was quite brisk and Ororo was grateful for the warm soothing beverage Logan prepared, just because she was immune to the cold didn’t mean she didn’t feel it. The two of them just sat there enjoying each other’s presence, they talked idly about all sorts of things. They even got into conversation about Logan’s more recent memories in Canada and Ororo’s journeys across Africa.


“So ya were only twelve when ya walked across the length of the Sahara?” Logan asked in amazement, which surprised him because not many things amazed him. But he was starting to realize that Ro was just full of all sorts of surprises.


“That is correct. It was a harsh journey but one worth taking. I was ready to leave Cairo.” Ororo explained, amused at Logan’s apparent shock.


“So did ya live with someone or did anyone take care of ya back in Cairo?” Logan asked curiously. But as soon as he said the words he almost regretted it. He could see Ro visibly tense up, as if his question struck a personal nerve. But seeing this only made him even more curious.


“Yes… I was taken care of by a merchant…” Ororo answered cautiously. She was avoiding Logan’s eyes.


“Hey Ro, I’m sorry if I “ ” Logan began.


“Don’t be,” She cut him off, “Let’s just say those were not my happiest times. But please there is no need for you to apologize Logan, you didn’t do anything wrong… except for those tuna sandwiches you made for us,” She said jokingly. “I thought tuna was the easiest sandwich you could make.” She started to laugh.


“I see ya got jokes, Ro,” Logan said, playfully growling at her disapprovingly. “Then that’s the last time I’ll ‘think to be thoughtful.’”


Ororo could tell he didn’t mean it, and just sighed with a little laughter. They fell into a comfortable silence and Ororo shifted and rested her head on Logan’s lap. An action that surprised Logan but he didn’t mind. Attentively he started stroking Ororo’s thick white hair.

Ororo sighed at the comforting caress. A sound that stirred something within Logan that almost made him let out a desirable growl.


“You know I remember the few playgrounds in Cairo that I always loved going to,” Ororo began softly. “I would just stay on the swings for hours without a care in the world.” She breathed in deeply in fond remembrance.


“Well Ro there’s a couple a swings over there. Wanna relive childhood for a bit?” Logan suggested softly, looking down into Ororo’s deep eyes.


She looked back up in his eyes and twinkle appeared in her eyes. “Yes.” She answered enthusiastically, getting up from her place on the grass and walking over to the swings.


Logan followed close behind with a grin on his face. Taking his place behind Ororo on the swing as he began to push her.


“Goddess,” She murmured, throwing her head slightly back enjoying the cool wind against her flawless face. “I haven’t done this in ages…” She said, almost in whisper.


Logan continued pushing her on the swing just looking at how she seemed to be in such content ecstasy. Damn she’s so… perfect. Logan thought to himself not taking his eyes off the ebony woman for one moment.


“Logan?” Ororo asked suddenly.



“Yeah, Darlin?”


“Thank you for bringing me here tonight, I needed this,” She said thankfully, looking deeply into his eyes.


Logan had stopped pushing her and now was directly in front her on his knees looking into her eyes. “Ro, it was no problem”. He said huskily but softly.


A soft smile came across both their lips and they were both starting to breath a little faster, neither of them realized when their faces had gotten so close to each other. Their lips started to brush up against each other, and Ororo surprisingly darted out her tongue ever so slightly against Logan’s lips.


A deep growl was starting in Logan’s chest as his lips caught her tongue in his mouth and started to suck on it gently but hungrily, and their lips started to press up against each other in a slow deliberate tread.


Damn, he thought to himself. She tasted like fine wine.


Her hands were beginning to reach up and curl into Logan’s thick unruly black hair, pulling him into the kiss even deeper. He growled at this, and wove his arms around her waist, brushing his fingers against the small of her back.


He started to nip at her lower lip with his sharp teeth and she let out a pleasurable yelp. Which only made Logan kiss her harder.


Goddess, Ororo thought. He tastes like some rich chocolate.


They continued on with their kissing tread for several more moments until they both slowly pulled away from each other breathing heavily, pressing each other’s forehead against one another.


They were still holding each other tightly and they just looked into one another’s eyes. They didn’t know what to say to each other, the kiss was so unexpected… but definitely welcomed. After a few seconds of still looking at each other they slowly drew in again for another kiss, more fevered than the last… if that was possible.


Since neither knew what to say to each other, they just opted for another intense kiss. A kiss they both wished would not be the last.





You must login () to review.