"So gal, ya gonna wear something tight and revealing?"

"W-What? No! Rogue I'm not even sure if I'm going" Ororo answered from her seat in front of her vanity.

"Oh you're going missy. Even if I have to make you."

Ororo's eyes shot daggers at the back of Jean's head before turning back to her mirror and brushing her hair. The green-eyed beauty was currently digging through Ororo's closet trying to find the perfect outfit for the big date.

So far, Ororo had been incredibly stubborn. She turned down every one of Jean's ideas and was trying her hardest to convince the girls of why she shouldn't go.

They weren't having it though.

"What about this?"

Ororo turned from her vanity and gave the mini jean skirt, black halter top and black knee high boots combo a quick once over before dismissing it with a wave of her hand.

Jean and Rogue exchanged a look.

"Well, back to the drawing board" Jean sighed.

"Pack it in Jean. I'm not going."

"Oh yes you are sugah. Ya have to."

"No I don't...and how'd you get in on this?"

"Jean told me and showed me the letter--."

"What?--JEAN!"

"I'm sorry Ororo, I'm too deep in the closet to answer any questions you might have about me telling Rogue."

To the left of the closet, Rogue, from her spot on Ororo's bed, cracked up at Jean's response.

Ororo shook her head. She was surrounded by the peanut gallery. There was no way she could win.

"So, sugah, what do you think Logan meant when he said that he was gonna 'show you what ya been missin' all these years'?"

The brush slipped from Ororo's hands and hit the carpeted floor with a muffled thud. If there was a time that Rogue wished she had her camera, now was that time.

Ororo's face was priceless. Her blue eyes wide. Her full lips parted. The light blush that was staining her cheeks.

"I-uh--."

"What's the matter Ororo?" came Jean's voice from the closet "Wolverine got your tongue?"

Storm glowered while Rogue cracked up again.

"Go ahead and yuck it up Rogue. Can't wait until you and Remy go on your first date."

Rogue's laughter stopped and now it was her turn to blush. She looked away and suddenly became very interested in the hem of her green shirt.

"What's the matter Rogue? Cajun got your tongue?"

Rogue glared at Ororo and Ororo glared right back. Both girls then burst into laughter.

"Seriously Rogue, I know you and Remy are gonna get together--."

"We are not and quit tryin' to change the subject. This isn't about me and Remy. It's about you, Logan and what you've been missin' all these years" she finished
while playing with her black wrist-length gloves.

"Dammit" Ororo cursed under her breath at Rogue's comment and the sound of a closeted redhead desperately trying to smother her laughter.

"Jean, I swear, if you don't stop laughing--."

"Aw, don't get your panties in a twist boss--."

"Yeah, you have to leave them in perfect condition for Logan--."

"Jean.." Ororo said in a warning tone.

"Oh calm down" the redhead chided as she emerged from the closet, a new outfit in hand " and tell me what you think about this."

Ororo sigh in resignation at the fact that her friends weren't going to let her get away. She was starting to believe that Jean might even go so far as to take over
her body and literally make her go..

Ororo shook her head. 'She wouldn't dare' she thought.

'Try me' came Jean's mind reply.

Ororo looked at her friend and rolled her eyes. She knew Jean would never actually do that to her, but she still didn't want to risk it. She could have her dancing
for Logan on top of a bar like one of those skanks from "Coyote Ugly".

'Hmmm, that's not a bad idea.'

'Don't you dare Grey' Ororo shouted her thoughts 'Or else you'll wake up one day bald as a cueball.'

"Hey" said Rogue interrupting their mind conversation "can we get back to the matter at hand? What do you think of the outfit? I like it."

"Me too" Jean agreed as she held it up again.

Unlike the other choices Jean had made, Ororo actually examined the outfit. It consisted of a pair of black flaring leather pants and a dark purple tubetop with a pictue of a black widow spider on the front of it. Jean was also holding a black fishnet shirt and black ankle length boots.

'Not bad' Ororo thought, but immediately regretted it when she saw a wide grin spread across Jean's face.

The redhead in question turned to Rogue and shouted "She loves it!"

Rogue let out a "whoop" the same time Ororo let out an "I do not!"

"Give it up gal. Jean found the perfect outfit. You're definitely going now."

"Now all we have to do is decide on make-up and how you're going to wear your hair" Jean said as she layed the clothes out on the bed.

"What?--"

"Did someone say hair and make-up?"

Ororo watched in mock horror as Katherine "Kitty" Pride came walking, literally, through the door with Jean's make-up case and other assorted goodies that might be needed for a makeover.

"What the hell?" Ororo asked while looking between Jean and Kitty.

"She had my make-up case. I told her I need it. She asked me why. I told her it was for you and she said why again seeing as how you prefer your natural good looks to made up ones--"

"Quit sucking up and tell me why Kitty-cat is still here and setting things up like she's going to do something."

"That's exactly why I'm here Ororo" came Kitty's cheerful and simple reply. She loved doing makeovers and jumped at the chance when Jean told her about Ororo.

"Hmph" was the only dignified response Ororo could give.

"Anyway, I told her about the letter and date and she wanted to help--."

"She wanted to be nosy you mean."

"That too" Kitty quipped as she plugged in Jean's hairdryer.

"Well, should I be expecting anyone else? Because--" Ororo's words died on her lips when there was a knock on the door.

"Yo chicas. Open up! Let's get this makeover show on the road!" came a loud voice followed by what sounded like the pooping of a bubble gum bubble.

"You told Jubilee! You told the school blabbermouth?!" Ororo questioned Jean with wide eyes.

Rogue slapped her jean clad knees in laughter at Ororo's reaction. Even Jean and Kitty had to snicker a little.

"Actually" Jubilee said as she decided to let herself in when it didn't seem like anyone else was going to. "Well, Kitty told me about the makeover, but Wolvie told me about the date. He seemed pretty excited too."

"Oooh. Ya here that boss? You've got the Wolverine all excited. Now he's really gonna show you what ya missin."

Ororo covered her face with her hands as a deep, almost purple, blush crept across her face and down her neck. She wished that the ground would open up and swallow her. Or at least her cackling friends.

Jubille casually walked across the room in a blue tanktop, black jeans and barefeet. She took in the surroundings of Ororo's room. There were the usual things like pictures of friends and a variety of stuffed animals, all tigers and one teddy bear that the Professor had given her when she first moved in. Instead of having pictures and posters of boybands decorating her walls, she had posters of cars,
motocycles and movies like "The Godfather" and "Donnie Darko".

"Cool room 'Ro" complimented Jubilee as she continued to survey the room with her hands on her hips.

"Oh my god Jubilee, how can you wear those things" Kitty asked in reference to the extremely low slung jeans that seemed to be hanging on for dear life to Jubilee's hips.

"Easy Kitty Kat," Jubilee replied as she ran her hand through her shoulder length black hair. "with style."

Kitty rolled her eyes and laughed as Jubilee flopped down into a big blue beanbag chair at the foot of Ororo's bed.

"So, where are we so far with this makeover thing?"

"We've picked out the outfit, now all we have to do is pick the right make-up and hairstyle" Jean answered while gesturing to the clothes.

Jubilee looked at the clothes.

"You guys going to a club?"

"Yeah" answered Jean before Ororo could say a word. "Our resident mistress of the elements had a run in with Wolverine last night."

Jubilee and Kitty looked at Ororo and she gave them an "I don't want to talk about it" and a look to match.

The girls smiled at each other and went back to their decision making.

Jubilee pursed her lips as she looked at Ororo's face.

"I think you should go with a dark lipstick. Not black or anything, but a dark plum. And smokey eyes. Your eyes have to be smokey."

"Actually, we were going to go light on the make-up and curl her hair" said Kitty.

"Wait. we didn't agree on anything--" Ororo tired to interject.

"Curls? I don't think so chica. She should wear it up in a high ponytail. Maybe leave a few strands loose in the front to frame her face--"

"What? No way! Curls would be much better."

"Pssh! yeah right!"

"Uh, excuse me" Ororo tried to interrupt again.

"Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of straightening her hair and just letting it fall down her back or up in a bun. And as far as make-up, I think she should have a misture of smokey eyes and light lipstick."

Cries of "What?" and "Are you nuts?" came from both Jubilee and Kitty.

The three began to argue and even dragged Rogue into it by asking her which of the looks she liked the best. A riot nearly broke out when the unfortunate brunette said that she liked all three ideas.

"Hey!" Ororo shouted, forcing the other girls to quiet down. "Don't I get a say in this?"

"NO!" came the reply in unison before the silence was interrupted by their arguing again.

Ororo put her hand on her forehead, closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself and to get rid of the beginnings of a storm away.

"I need to get some new friends."

TBC...





You must login () to review.