Disclaimer: still own nothing….

Summary: Logan has just become the new self-defence teacher of the school, and saying him and Ororo just don’t get along is just an understatement. Through their constant fighting and arguing, somehow, something sparks between them. Can two enemies that hate each other with every fibre in their body, come to love each other? A side of Logan and Ororo you’ve never seen before. RoLo, some RogueBobbyOC

-sniff, sniff- I only got TWO reviews for the second chapter! I’m officially sad! LOL hee hee, just joking. Two reviews aren’t bad, I mean better than nothing right? But anyway, I decided to post this ASAP but then I had to read it over to check for any spelling mistakes and there were. So then I had to fix them, so that’s why it took a bit longer than usual. Sorry! =D anyway, here’s chapter three.

Chapter three

 
“OH MY GOD!”
“Did you just see what I saw?!”
“That’s brilliant!”
“LOOK! Slam dunk!”
“That’s like how many baskets?”
“It’s 7 - 0!”
“The guy can’t even steal the ball of her!”
“I thought you said - ”
“I’m just as surprised as you are!”
“I had no idea - HOLY CRAP!”
“OH MY GOD!”
“LOOK AT HER GO!”
“GO MISS. MUNROE!” Bobby shouted, cupping his hands over his mouth to emphasize the words.

“Stupid traitor,” Logan panted on the court, watching as Ororo dribbled the ball tauntingly at him.
“Aw, looks like little Logie is tired. You ready to give up?” she said with mock sympathy.
“Never!” he spat, “I’m just letting you win!”
“You were never a good liar, Wolverine,” she said with a laugh, rolling her eyes. She jumped up in the air and threw the ball up into the air. SWOOSH!
“It’s 8 - 0! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” Rogue shrieked excitedly, “We have the BEST coach ever!” Michael tilted his head to the side and watched as Ororo playfully bounced the ball off Logan’s ass, then continued scoring basket after basket. Even he had to admit that she was good.
“Are you giving up yet, Logan?” she asked.
“No way!”

Five minutes later…

“YAY! Miss. Munroe WON!” the girls screamed, jumping up and down to give their coach a hug.
“It wasn’t as hard as I’d thought it would be,” Ororo laughed. Logan growled and tossed the ball as Bobby, deliberately causing him to fall onto the floor from the impact.
“See you at dinner then,” Ororo said as the other girls did their warms-ups for the basketball tryouts, “and I think it’ll be best if you wear a tux there, because it’s a very fancy restaurant.”
“Fine,” Logan spat, “I’m not a sore loser.”
“Good,” she winked, blowing him a kiss and waving him goodbye. When all the boys had been filed out of the Danger Room, Ororo tied her hair back from her face and passed the basketball to Michelle.
“Alright girls, first, I want to see some of the drills you know…”

Outside
“I thought you said that Ororo couldn’t play basketball!” Logan growled as Bobby and Roberto.
“I didn’t. Bobby did, and I was just listening,” Roberto said, stepping back from the Wolverine.
“Thanks for blaming everything on me,” the Iceman muttered, sending his (probably former) friend a glare.
“I’m just telling the truth - ”
“ARGH!” Logan roared, “ENOUGH! I’ve lost a basketball game to Ororo and now, I have a SERIOUS headache. So would you two PLEASE give me some peace and quiet!?” The two teen nodded and quickly walked down the hall. When they were some distance away from Logan, Bobby started laughing.
“I can’t believe the great Wolverine lost to Miss. Munroe!”
“I know! And he couldn’t even score one basket!” Roberto laughed, “that’s kinda sad, even on his standards.”
“Did you see her movies though? They were AWESOME!”
“I KNOW!” Roberto exclaimed, pretending to dunk in a basket.
“I wish we could get her as our coach,” Bobby groaned, “the girls are so going to win us. No offence and all, but Logan really sucks compared to Miss. Munroe.”

Down the hall, Logan could hear every single thing Bobby and Roberto were saying.
“Oh, I suck, do I?” he said to himself, his eye twitching dangerously, “well, we’ll see who sucks when I make them do 50 laps around the Danger Room…”

-----------------------

“Good! Nice footwork, Kitty,” Ororo exclaimed as the girls played a practice basketball game, “Watch your back, Rogue! Block her! YES! Excellent!” Kitty punched a fist in the air as she scored another basket.
“That’s great, Kitty,” Ororo smiled, patting her on the back, “but next time, don’t go through people, okay?”
“Sorry about that,” Kitty shrugged, smiling shyly.
“Alright, continue playing,” Ororo blew the whistle. As the teens did this, Ororo observed them carefully. There were about twenty kids that had shown up for the tryouts - ranging from the ages of four to nineteen - but Ororo could only choose twelve of them to be on the basketball team. She could just feel the major headache coming. She slumped down on the bench and wiped the sweat off her forehead.
“Michelle! Over here!” Amara shouted, waving her arms in the air, “I’m open!” Michelle did a quick turn and tossed the ball to her. Ororo watched as Michelle sprinted quickly to the other side and motioned for Amara to pass it back to her. Then with the ball in hand, she turned around and casually tossed it into the net.
“Yah!” Amara exclaimed, exchanging a high-five with Michelle. Ororo nodded in approval. Looks like she’s spotted two people that were going to make the cut. Only ten people to go, she sighed.
“Um…Miss. Munroe?” Kitty said, jogging towards her and taking a seat beside her on the bench.
“Do you have a question?”
“Um…well, kinda,” she said, “I know this had nothing to do with the tryouts and everything, but me and most of the girls think it’s really important…”
“Ask away,” Ororo said with a smile, guessing what the teen was going to ask. Who made it? How come your hair’s that colour? My boyfriend is cheating on me, what do I do? How OLD are you?
“Uh…where are we going to have dinner?” Ororo laughed out loud. “What’s so funny?” Kitty asked with a frown.
“Nothing. I just thought you’d be asking something way more difficult to answer, that’s all.”
“Oh…well, how about my question?”
“Just tell the rest of the girls not to worry,” their history teacher smiled, “It’s really nice, I bet all of you will like it.”
“Oh, okay then,” Kitty suddenly giggled, “if you say we’d like it, I bet Logan will probably hate it.”
“That’s the point,” the weather goddess laughed, “Oh and one more thing, Kitty.”
“Yah?”
“Tell everybody to wear something fancy…”

---------------------------

Ororo slipped on her dress and made sure she looked okay in the mirror. Just as she grabbed her purse, she noticed all the books spread all over her desk. With a sigh, she started gathering up the books and putting them back, when her eyes fixed on the pages of a certain book. Her eyes widened, and her hands flew to her mouth in shock.

-----------------------------------------

“Oh my gosh, this place is so cool!” Rogue whispered, gazing up at the crystal chandelier hanging above them as they walked to their table. All of them were wearing their fanciest dresses and shoes for their dinner.
“I know,” Kitty whispered back, “when Miss. Munroe said it’s nice, I never thought it’ll be this nice.”
“Did you see what Logan’s wearing?” Michelle giggled, and the rest of the girls joined her.

Not for the first time that day, Logan’s eye started twitching as his sensitive ears picked up on what the girls were saying. When the weather bitch had told him to wear a tux, he hadn’t thought that she was for real…
“Nice outfit,” a voice whispered with amusement in his ear. The familiar scent of vanilla, nature and sandalwood filled his nose.
“You could’ve warned me,” he hissed.
“I did, you just didn’t listen,” Ororo teased, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, “I just hope you brought enough money.”
“Well, maybe I didn’t,” he whispered, turning around to face the weather witch. His eyes wandered from her face to her backless, v-necked red dress that ended just below her ankles in a little flair. And to top it off, she had on a pair of red, sparkling platforms she borrowed from Jean.
“My face is up here, Logan,” she snapped, tipping up his chin so he was looking at her face.
“Nice dress,” Logan smirked, “I never thought you’d have anything like that in your closet.”
“Well, it’s way better than your outfit,” Ororo said, trying to sound cold, but the amusement in her eyes betrayed her.
“I know eh,” he said, doing a little twirl, showing off his dirt-covered jeans, and black, sleeveless shirt covered by a worn-out leather jacket.. Ororo laughed and shook her head, walking a few steps faster to catch up with the teens. Logan grinned and cocked his head to the side. He never noticed that he liked making her laugh. Or the fact that she had really nice curves when she wore something tight. “Wait a minute,” he thought, “I hate her! I shouldn’t be thinking about how nice she looks in that dress! I should be thinking about how to get back at her for winning me at basketball! But then again…just ’cause I hate her, doesn’t mean I can’t check her out, right?”

------------------------

“Wow! This stuff’s really good!” Amara exclaimed, eating another forkful of her salmon.
“I know!”
“That’s why it costs so much,” Logan muttered, taking a swig of the wine Ororo ordered. Apparently, this place didn’t sell beer.
“Don’t be such a spoil sport,” Ororo grinned, nudging him with her elbow, “have some fun. Enjoy the food.”
“I’d enjoy it way better if I wasn’t the one that had to pay,” he said, “and why’s this place so expensive anyway? I think that the waiter had a serious attitude problem.” When the waiter had gotten them seated, the first thing Logan did was try to order beer. The waiter had wrinkled his nose in disgust and said no, in this really posh voice. Then, as if Logan wasn’t even there, the waiter had turned to Ororo and politely asked if she wanted something to drink. What a frigging bitch!
“Oh come on, Logan,” Ororo frowned, “you lost that basketball game to me, and you promised you’d take me and my team to any restaurant we wanted. You can’t back out now!”
“I’m not backing out,” he growled quietly, so the others couldn’t hear him, “I promised to take you here, but that doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.”
“You have to ruin everything, don’t you? Why can’t you just be happy that we’re here?”
“’Cause this is going to cost me a fortune!” Logan snapped, his voice rising.
“Then that’s more of a reason for you to enjoy it! You’ll be wasting your money and your time if you don’t!” Ororo snapped. The students looked up from their dinner and at their two teachers as they fought.
“Stop telling me what to do! Just because you’re a teacher, doesn’t mean you can boss me around!”
“I’m NOT trying to tell you what to do!”
“Then why are you trying to get me to enjoy this shit?!”
“It makes me feel it’s all my fault that you’re feeling so bad!” Ororo shouted, “Is it such a crime that I want you to enjoy yourself?!” There was immediate silence and Logan found he had nothing to snap back at her. All eyes in the restaurant were on the two teachers as the waiter scurried over to them and motioned for them to sit down.
“Please keep your voices down,” the waiter whispered to them, sending Logan a glare as if this was all his fault. Ororo nodded and forced a small smile on her lips.
“I’m sorry,” she said quietly to the man.
“It’s fine,” he said with a bright smile, patting Ororo’s hand softly, “I understand that getting along with some people can be very difficult.” Logan raised an eyebrow as the waiter continued patting her hand, even when Ororo stopped talking.
“Uh…” Logan cleared his throat loudly, “what do you mean by ’some people’?”
“Just some difficult people, sir,” the waiter said politely, then he turned to Ororo, “I must be getting back to my work now, miss.” Holding her gaze, he lifted her hand and grazed her knuckles with his lips softly. “I will see you later.” And with that, he walked swiftly away. There was silence for a few seconds, everyone staring at Ororo. Suddenly, Rogue giggled.
“Ooooooooooooh, looks like someone has the hots for Miss. Munroe!” The rest of the girls started giggling too.
“So are you going to give him a chance, Miss. Munroe?” Kitty laughed. Ororo went red, playing with the food on her plate.
“Just eat your food, Kitty,” she muttered. Everyone started laughing again. Well, everyone except Logan. He was staring at Ororo out of the corner of his eye. Why was she being so nice to him? Why did she suddenly care whether he was having a good time or not?

When everybody had finished their dinner, the waiter came back, carrying the check in his hands.
“Your totel is $678, sir,” he said, placing the check on the table. His eyes immediately turned to Ororo.
“We meet again, miss,” he smiled, “do you think I may have the honour of knowing your name?” Ororo went red again, and smuffled laughter was heard in the other end of the table.
“Um…”
“Hey, bub,” Logan interrupted, “can you buzz off fer a sec, I need to talk to her.”
“Of course, sir,” the waiter said, his eyes flashing angrily. He left quickly, with one last glance at Ororo. The weather goddess let out a sigh of releif.
“Thanks, Logan,” she smiled, “What do you need to ask me?”
“Uh…can I borrow $200?” he asked, smiling weakly at his empty wallet. Ororo blinked.
“$200?”
“Yah, I kinda didn’t bring enough money…” Ororo’s eyes widened.
“Are you for real?!” she whispered, grabbing his wallet from his hands and searching frantically.
“I take it that you don’t have any money, eh?” Logan sighed, “do any of you girls have any money?” The teens shook their heads.
“We all thought you were paying, so we didn’t bring any,” Kitty said, “What’s the matter?”
“I kinda…um…didn’t bring enough money…”
“OH MY GOD!” Amara exclaimed, “does that mean we’d, like, have to wash the dishes or something to pay for the dinner?!”
“Calm down, Amara, it’ll be fine,” Ororo soothed, then she turned to Logan and whispered, “you have to tell the waitor!”
“I know, but I ain’t going to be washing no dishes!”
“Well, you’re going to have to if you want to pay off this debt!” she hissed back, careful to not let the teens hear anything.
“I’m not the only one that ate this food, you know! You and ‘your team’ ate some too,” he snapped quietly, “maybe if you people didn’t order the most expensive things on the menu, then we wouldn’t be having this problem!”
“Don’t you dare blame this on me!” she said, eyes blazing, “you’re the one that agreed to that one-on-one basketball game and all the terms!”
“Well, I didn’t know you’d be coming to a place like this!”
“I warned you that this restaurant was fancy, but did you listen? Nooo! You’re too pigheaded to listen to me!”
“You’re calling ME pigheaded?!” Logan growled, “I wouldn’t be talking if I were you!”
“What’s your problem?!”
“An arrogant, stupid ass weather bitch that’s sitting right in front of me!” he snapped.
“Why you little - ”

“Is there a problem?” a voice interrupted. Once again, the waiter was back, and everyone in the resturant was staring at them.
“Um…sorry,” Ororo said, “but my friend here has something to tell you.” She kicked Logan’s leg under the table.
“Uh…yah,” Logan said, clearing his throat, “well…um…” He beckoned for the waitor to com closer. “We don’t have enough money to pay the bill,” he whispered.
“Oh,” the waitor said, straightening up and brushing a piece of lint from his jacket, “well, I think I might have a proposition for you.”
“What kinda proposition?”
“I have two choices for you,” the waitor whispered, “either you go wash all the dishes to pay off your debt, OR you have this young lady agree to go out on a date with me.” Ororo’s eyes widened as the waitor smiled slyly at her. “Take your pick, sir.” Logan frowned, and looked from the waitor to Ororo. The weather goddess sighed, she already knew what Logan was going to pick. She’d just have to suffer through one date with the waitor…
“Just lead me to the kitched then,” Logan said suddenly, getting up from the table.
“What?” Ororo and the waitor exclaimed together.
“I pick washing the dishes, and the others can go. I’ll wash their share too.” The waiter’s lip curled up in anger, but he nodded.
“Fine, all the rest of you may go, and you, sir, will follow me to the kitchen.” Logan nodded and sent Ororo a grin.
“Don’t worry, darlin’, just take the kids back to the school and I’ll be back sooner then you think.” She just nodded worriedly with a frown. Why was he doing this?

-------------------------

Three hours later, Ororo nodded to sleep, sitting on the bench outside of the restaurant. She had assured all the student into taxis, putting Kitty, Rogue, and Michelle in charge of getting all of them back to the school safely. She knew that she should’ve left with them, but she just couldn’t help but feel that it was better if she stayed to wait for Logan…

“Hey, the restaurant’s closing,” a dishwasher said, “you can go now.”
“Thanks,” Logan grunted, wiping the sweat of his forehead. He tugged of the apron he had put on to keep the water from spraying him. As he made his way out of the door of the resturant, he suddenly spotted someone with long white hair sitting on the bench outside.
“’Ro?” Logan frowned, taking a seat beside her. He noticed that she was asleep and was about to place his jacket on her shoulders when she woke up.
“Logan?” she rubbed her eyes, sleepily and straightened up on the bench.
“What are you doin’ here, ’Ro? It’s freezing cold and you’re only wearing that skimpy dress of yours!” Ororo laughed tiredly.
“I’m not affected by the weather, remember?”
“Yah, but still,” Logan protested, “Whatcha doing here? You should be back at the school.”
“I know, but…why did you pick washing the dishes, Logan?” she burst out arubtly.
“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “I guess that I just didn’t want you to go out with that shit head. You should’ve smelt his scent when he looked at you, that perverted bastard.”
“Well, thanks anyway,” Ororo smiled, looking briefly into Logan’s eyes. There was silence for a moment as they sat there. Ororo tore her eyes away from his and played with her hands.
“I still hate you though,” she said quickly.
“’Course, same here,” he replied just as quick.
“Ok, good,” she said, getting up, “we should be going now.”
“Yah,” he nodded, trying to flag down a taxi.

-----------------------------------

Ororo flung down on her bed, sighing sleepily. She flung off her shoes and was just about to slip off her dress and into her silk pyjamas, when someone knocked on the door.
“Coming!” she shouted, slipping on her slippers and rushing to the door. She flung it open to find Kitty, Rogue and Michelle, all clad in their pyjamas, in front of her.
“We couldn’t fall asleep, Miss. Munroe,” Kitty said, “we just had to ask you something.”
“Alright, come in,” Ororo sighed. The three student walked in and took a seat on her bed. “So…what do you have to ask?”
“Um… well…do you like Logan?” Rogue said quickly, “I mean, you could tell you. We won’t say anything to him.”
“Of course not! I mean, we HATE each other!”
“Well, then why were you being all nice to Logan today?” Kitty questioned, pointing a question finger in her teacher’s face.
“Well…you know how me and Logan were fighting about World War I a few weeks ago?”
“Yah,” Kitty said, “what does that have to do with anything?”
“I kind of stumbled across one of my history text books today and…”
“And what?” Michelle exclaimed. All the girls leaned foreward, eager to learn the secret.
“I found out we were both around,” Ororo blurted, “World War I didn’t end in 1945 or 1946, it ended in 1919!” The student’s jaws dropped open.
“That’s it? That’s why you were so nice to him? Just because you found out you were wrong too?”
“Yes,” Ororo frowned, “what were you expecting? I mean, I fried him for saying that I was wrong, when the truth was that we were BOTH wrong.”
“Oh…”
“Hey, wait a minute, are you all done your history essays?” Ororo asked.
“Uh…no comment,” Kitty giggled and they all rushed out of the room.
“I knew that would work,” Ororo said to herself with a smile.

To be continued….

And that’s the end, please REVIEW! PLEASE! Reviews make me write a lot faster, so PLEASE r and r! I need reviews to survive! Argh! I’m dieing because I don’t have any idea. I’m meeeeeeeeeeeelting. I’m meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting! Help me! Review please!

-Archer Gurl

(lol hahah that was fun)






 




 
 
 





You must login () to review.