Disclaimer: Yep, apparently Marvel isn’t willing to sell, so I still don’t own any of these guys…Son of a-


New Orleans
(Abandoned Plantation house)


“Didya miss me, baby doll?”
Storm whirled around and found herself staring into a pair of feral yellow eyes framed by straggled blonde hair. Victor Creed , Sabertooth to his meals, was a mutant gifted and possessed with animal savagery and instincts. Paired with his healing abilities, he was a dangerous adversary… much like Wolverine.
“Wanna dance?” Sabertooth lashed out knocking Storm to the ground. Instinctively she tried to summon lightening from the sky, but found herself unable to do so. Something was still blocking her powers. A low humming caught her attention and she noticed the cloaked figure that had lead her and Gambit here was making the sound, his hands creating intricate patterns in the air. She knew he was responsible for the blockage, but was unable to reflect on it as a throaty roar brought her gaze back to her attacker. Sabertooth leapt high in the air, landing with enough force to dent the ground in the spot Ororo had been laying in. She rolled away, heart racing.
*Calm yourself, Windrider. Remember your training…* Ororo took a deep breath leaping to her feet. She faced Creed head on, watching for his next move; waiting for him to give away the direction in which his next attack would come. She could almost hear Wolverine’s voice in her head: “Let them make the mistakes, let them come to you, darlin‘.” Sabertooth lunged again, this time Ororo sidestepped, her heel connecting with a solid smack against the back of his head.
“Storm, what’re ya doin’? Run!” Gambit hollered, still clutching his chest. “Run, padnat!”
Ororo did not look at him, her entire focus on the raging mutant in front of her. Her heel ached from her kick, her white sandals offering no protection in this battle. Sabertooth grinned at her like a little boy with a new toy. “So, the witch wants to fight? Ya can’t go hand to hand with me, girlie. I’ll tear ya apart!” With the quickness of a born predator he charged, slamming his shoulder into her stomach and driving her against a tree. “Feels good don’t it, baby,” Sabertooth sniffed her hair. “Smell so good. Such sweet meat.” He licked the side of her face, pressing himself against her.
Ignoring the incredible pain in her stomach Storm threw her head back, planted her feet and rammed her forehead against Sabertooth’s pug nose. He let out a satisfying yowl, releasing her and clutching his gushing nose. “Bitch!” Spittle and blood sprayed her cheek.
“What can I say,” Ororo readied herself again, her stance firm, head held high. “ I learned from the best, bub. You think you scare me? Hardly. You are a rabid animal that needs to be put down. Nothing more.” The taunt was deliberate, causing a roar of pure fury to escape Sabertooth. She tried to take a step back, only to find herself pressed against the tree.
“Ahhh, there it is,” Sabertooth sighed heavily, sniffing the air. “Fear. You are scared, ain’t ya, baby doll!” Before she had time to blink his large fist connected with her jaw sending her through the rotting tree and tumbling across the ground.
“Stormy!”
Storm slowly rose to her feet. Feigning more strength than she felt, she snapped, “Do shut up, Gambit. You are breaking my concentration. I will deal with you later.” Her jaw throbbed in protest. Ororo knew she could not hold out against Sabertooth much longer, he was a born fighter, a natural killer; she only hoped her intuition was right and that the X-Men were on their way. Earlier she thought she had felt the brush of Charles’ mind against her own, but it was too fleeting to be certain. *Hurry, Logan…* she thought. Again she took up her defensive stance. “Now, Creed, where were we?”


On the Blackbird

“Can’t this hunk o’ tin go any faster?” It was the third time in twenty minutes that Wolverine had made the complaint. His growls getting deeper and lower.
“Not if you want to get there in one piece.” Scott barely glanced back.
-Snikt- “How badly do you wanna get there in one piece, Bub?”
“Logan!” Jean turned around giving him a look of frustration. “We all want to find her as fast as we can--“ She paused, eyes closed and Wolverine knew she was getting information from Xavier via the thought-freeway. “The professor picked up some strange psychic activity over New Orleans. Just like you thought, Rogue.”
Wolverine turned his head toward the window. Clouds. She loved the clouds. She would stand on her balcony and watch them overhead and when she just couldn’t take it anymore she rose up high, twirling and soaring amongst them. Her glorious eyes closed, a look of undulated rapture on her beautiful face. Cloud dancing’ she called it. He pictured her there, flying beside the Blackbird, snow white hair flowing behind her. He turned away, heart beating a little too fast. He glanced over at Rogue. She hadn’t said two words since leaving the mansion. This was just as rough on her, he thought. Maybe more so. At least he didn’t have to kick Storm’s ass when they found her.
“How you holding up?” Jean asked Rogue, picking up on his concerns. Good ole Jeannie. She had so much good in her, so much to offer. For a long time he thought he could share his life with her. But over the years his infatuation with her faded as he realized he was pursuing Jean because he knew he didn’t belong with her. She could never really hurt him. Sure, the occasional superficial emotional wounds. But he’d never let her in, not entirely, always keeping her away from his dark side. His real fear was loving someone who knew all there was to know about him, someone who’d see through his bull shit and call him on it. Someone like ‘Ro.
“Oh, Ah don’t know,” Rogue said, interrupting his thoughts. “How’d ya feel if ya learned Scottie was a low-down-money-grubbin’-sewer rat?”
Jean was silent for a moment. “Are you sure you want to do this? This could get ugly.”
Rogue’s hands clenched, forming tight fists. “Ya’ll ain’t seen ugly yet.”
Wolverine felt his own hands fist. He‘d never liked Gumbo, but ‘Ro had always had a soft spot for the theivin‘ scoundrel. The thought of her being bartered away to pay for Gambit’s debts set his teeth on edge. The skin over his knuckles stretched, his blades aching to get out.
“We there yet, fly boy?”


New Orleans

Storm landed another solid kick to Sabertooth’s midsection before dancing out of his reach. Her breath was coming in spurts now, blood flowing from her nose and cracked lip. Her arms ached and her knuckles hurt from exertion. Sabertooth on the other hand looked fit as a fiddle, his healing factor countering any progress she was making, but still she stood and that was what mattered.
“Who knew she had it in her.” Gambit looked up at the new voice beside him. “She’s just full of surprises isn’t she?” The blue skinned, seductive mutant smiled down at him. She was flanked by two exceptionally large men, all sporting an array of weapons.
“Mystique. You ‘ave me. Let ‘er go. “
“Ah, but we do not want you, Gambit. In fact we have no further use of you what so ever. Our buyer is only interested in Storm.” She dropped a duffle bag next to him. “Your share of the money. Sinister sends his regards.”
Remy started to rise, but decided against it when Mystique pressed a cold gun barrel against his temple. “Uh-uh-ah. You just stay right there ‘til Creed’s had his fill. Don’t worry, Gambit, we’re under strict orders not to kill her.” She glanced back at the two sparring opponents. “However, we certainly can’t help it if she accidentally gets broken.”
Gambit felt his stomach turn. What had he done? He lowered his head, hiding the sheen in his eyes from Mystique. “Forgive me, “ he whispered.
Storm was fading. Sabertooth could smell her blood, her sweat, her life force slipping away. It was an ambrosia to be savored. He drew back his upper lip in a gleeful sneer. Her defiance excited him, made him want to see her broken-- begging for mercy all the more. She was swaying on her feet…not much longer now…
Wiping the sweat from her eyes, Storm watched Sabertooth intently. His attacks were coming with greater frequency and stronger than ever. She realized he was only toying with her, much like a cat before the kill, but she refused to give up. She flipped backwards, narrowly avoiding his lurch forward, swiping at her with razor sharp claws.
“I’m gonna see you bleedin‘-- screamin‘-- cryin’ out ta God!” Sabertooth swore, leaping over her head and knocking her to the ground, viciously kicking her in ribs. She bit back a scream and he was rewarded with the snapping of her bones. He pulled her to her feet by her hair. “Pathetic.” He threw her with brutal force, her head and back meeting the exterior of the house with a sickening thud.
“Creed!” Mystique hollered. “Enough! She needs to be alive!”
Gambit felt his entire body recoil. “Ya sed he wasn’t goin’ ta kill her!” He was becoming panicked. Think Remy, think!
Sabertooth was in a red killing haze, Mystique’s voice a muffled buzz in the distance. “Look at ya! A Goddess!! Ha! A bitch, kneelin’ at my feet!” His voice was frenzied, breathing heavy.
Ororo grit her teeth, body shrieking in agony as she rolled on all fours, pushing herself to get up. She stood once again, her knees threatening to buckle, her entire body shaking with the effort. She swallowed her nausea and squared her shoulders, lifting her head as proud as any Goddess.“…I-- kneel…before… no-- man!”
Gambit couldn’t hold his tears any longer; her spirit took his breath away. Bloodied and beaten but never broken-- not his Stormy. “Padnat!“ He shouted in agony as Sabertooth pounced, his razor sharp claws sinking into Storm’s chest eliciting the most terrible sound Remy had ever heard. Storm was screaming!

Blackbird

“Down there!” Jean shouted. She had been mentally scanning the area, skimming over the psyche of the city until she found it. A void. A blank space where there seemed to be absolutely no psychic activity whatsoever. Scott began the Blackbird’s decent immediately. He trusted Jean’s abilities and knew that if this was where she thought Storm was, than this was where Storm was.
“Oh my God!” Jean’s horrified gasp brought Wolverine to her side, his gaze intense as he looked out the window. The sight that greeted him turned his blood to ice, a savage roar erupting from his throat.


Over the hum of the blood rushing in her ears Storm heard the most beautiful sound she had ever heard. “ORORO!!!”
“Logan…” Sabertooth was forcibly lifted off of her, his howl of pain echoing in her ear. She slid down the wall, leaving a bloody trail, too weak to move any more. But that was all right. Logan was here, she was safe…
Wolverine was berserk! Jean could feel the raw emotions pouring out of him. So much pain and fear and rage it hurt and terrified her. When he had seen Sabertooth with his hand buried in Ororo’s chest he had lost it, slicing open the cabin with his claws and leaping from the jet. Cabin pressure went out with him and it had taken all of her telekinetic skill keep the plane from plummeting straight into the ground. Lucky for Wolverine Rogue had flown after him, catching him under the arms and cannon balling him straight into Creed.
“Hiya, Runt!” Sabertooth rolled away from Wolverine, three bloody gashes across his arm. “What’s got ya so worked up?” Sabertooth’s voice was mocking. “Are ya here fer yer bitch?” Creed raised his bloodied hand, licking his fingers with obvious relish. “She’s a tasty li’l morsel, I gotta tell ya. Put up one helluva a fight. The feisty ones always taste better, ever notice that?”
“Mother Fucker!” Wolverine attacked, six blades slashing wildly. His teeth bared, snarling and cussing. He attacked and kept on attacking, not giving any reprieve. Sabertooth howled in pain. His skin was being flayed from his body under Wolverine’s frenzied assault. He had never faced Wolverine like this. Never had he seen the runt so furious and hell bent on killing him. He lashed out, slashing blindly hoping to throw off Wolverine’s relentless pursuit.
Wolverine could smell Sabertooth’s unease and fear. It fed his anger, fed his drive. Had Sabertooth made ‘Ro feel like this? Had he frightened her? He sliced faster, mindlessly savage in his anger. As Creed tried to leap over his head Wolverine reached out snatching his ankle, swinging viciously, sending Creed crashing through the plantation house wall. Wolverine felt his control evaporating under the red hot heat of his rage. How dare this monster touch her! How dare he even look at her! He charged, burying his blades deep in Sabertooth’s gut. Before he could slash to the side, effectively disemboweling his most hated enemy he felt a bullet pierce his shoulder.
“Not so fast,” Mystique stood swiveling her arm and pointing her gun at Storm’s fallen form. “Back up nice and easy…that’s a good boy.”
“Enjoy this moment,” Wolverine growled, retracting his claws. “Cause I’ll be tearin’ yer head off and shoving’ that puny pistol down yer throat soon as I reach ya!”
Despite her calm exterior, the savage animalistic tone in Wolverine’s voice sent cold fear racing through her body. She tilted her head to the side. “I don’t think so. Take him, Creed!”
Sabertooth drew back, fully prepared and more than willing to strike Wolverine from behind, but he was instead sent soaring through the air by an optic blast courtesy of the X-Men’ somber leader.
Under normal circumstances Wolverine would have given Cyclops a hard time for interfering in one of his fights but his concern for Storm was overriding everything. He was racing to her side when he felt every muscle in his body contract to the point of tearing. “Aauugh!” The pain was relentless. He fought to put one foot in front of the other. He had to get to Storm! He had to!
*Jean!*
*I’m here, Scott!*
*Wolverine is under some sort of telepathic attack! I‘m following Sabertooth, find their telepath!*
*I can sense the malevolence. I’m on it!*
Jean poured out a wave of psychic energy, searching for an anomaly, something to lead her to the attacker’s location. Almost immediately she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end, her mind grazing over an presence of darkness. Jean Grey was one of the most powerful psychics on the planet, powerful enough to host and contain the most awesome power in the Universe, the Phoenix, at one time. Their enemy had no chance. Jean sent out a pulse of psychic power, disrupting the other telepath’s wavelength. Instantly the air shimmered and a cloaked figure came into view. “Gotchya!” Using her powers she peered into their adversary’s mind, only to receive a frightening shock. This was no mutant! She concentrated and severed the link this creature had with Wolverine as fast as she could.
*Scott! We need to leave at once!*
*No Kidding.*
Jean ignored that, instead lowering herself to the ground, searching for any other psychic anomalies.

As soon as Wolverine had dropped from the sky like an avenging demon Gambit snatched the black duffel at his feet and raced towards Storm’s still body. His knees gave way and he dropped to the ground beside her. “Padnat,” he murmured, reaching out to stroke her bloodied hair. “Forgive me. Forgive me.” He leaned forward, placing his lips on hers. They were so cold. “Please…”
Storm’s eyes fluttered. She could hear a voice, talking to her. Asking for forgiveness. Remy. Not the voice she longed to hear, she let herself sink back into peaceful oblivion. “Logan…”she whispered as she descended.
“Hands off, Gumbo!” Wolverine’s vicious snarl caused Gambit to jerk away from Storm’s body. “Ye’ll never touch her again, Cajun! Hell, ye’ll be lucky t’ see the light o’ day!”
Gambit took in Wolverine’s muscled form and extended claws, still dripping with Sabertooth’s blood and hastened to his feet.
“She’s askin’ for ya.” Gambit said, his gaze resting on Storm, whose breathing was becoming more and more labored. Wolverine’s gaze followed his and Gambit took the opportunity to back away from the clearing, casting Storm one last worried glance before taking off.
It was no contest, giving into his rage and desire to chase down and beat the Cajun to a bloody pulp versus his desire to hold Storm in his arms and assure himself that she was alive. He dropped beside her, his features contorting with sadness and rage as he turned her in his arms, taking in her injuries. Her face was a bloody mess and the gash in her chest was deep, spurting blood with every faint beat of her heart. “Hang on, darlin’. I’m here. Ya hear me “Ro. I’m here, baby. C’mon, don’t do this to me,” his voice broke. “Don’t give up, Storm. Yer a fighter, aintchya? Come back to me.” He cradled her head in his lap, whispering to her.
“Logan, let me see.” Jean came from behind him. She carefully knelt beside him and Storm. She could sense the beast just beneath the surface. Wolverine was holding onto his sanity by a thread and she didn’t want to risk pushing him over the edge. “Let me see, “she said again when he made no move to relinquish his hold on Ororo.
Jean tried to remain objective, letting her instincts as a doctor take over, but it was immensely difficult when it was the sister of her heart laying so lifeless on the ground. “We need to get her home. Quickly.”
“Wish it were that easy,” Scott said appearing from the woods. “Someone trashed our Jet.” The accusation hung heavy in the air.
Wolverine felt frustration and fear waging war within himself. He knew the Jet was his doing, and he hated his impulsiveness at that moment. “Well, yer the goddamn fearless leader. Do something’!” Storm stirred in his arms, emitting a low moan. He stroked her cheek feeling helpless. “Hang on, Ro. Keep fightin’.”





You must login () to review.