Las Vegas, Nevada
Bellagio Hotel and Casino

Hot. He was unbelievably hot and it had nothing to do with the sweltering sun overhead and everything to do with the woman gliding through the water of the pool he was lounging beside, beer in hand, dark shades concealing hungry eyes. He had taken her three times yesterday, each time loving it more than the last. Loving the way she moaned his name, the way she arched her back, the way she…Logan groaned, changing position in the lounger, tugging his shorts.
Ororo swam to the edge of the pool, her white hair slicked back from her gorgeous face. She really was breathtaking to look at, he thought taking a drink, with her caramel and gold Egyptian skin, wide lips, straight nose and dancing cerulean eyes. Her long locks fanned the water behind her, surrounding her like a protective cape. She was smiling at him with unabashed affection and he couldn’t believe how fortunate he was to have her in his life.
“What are you thinking about?” she asked in her familiar sultry voice. Dark velvet is what that was, he thought.
He leaned forward in his chair, resting one elbow on his knee. “C’mere and I’ll show ya.”
Ororo placed the flats of her palms against the side of the pool, levering herself from the water, giving him a nice view of her ample bosom as she did. He watched with genuine male appreciation as the water sloshed down her body, trailing sparkling rivulets over seductive curves. She stood, tall and graceful, clad in a white and silver two piece. He enjoyed the way clothes hung on her, almost as much as he enjoyed her naked… almost. She always appeared carelessly sexy. He knew she never intended to look alluring and that was part of her charm. Innocent seductress.
She walked over to him, her hips swaying in a purely feminine fashion and his eyes glittered behind his lenses. When she was close enough he snatched her hand, tugging her down onto his lap, eliciting a startled laugh from her. It was good to hear her laugh. He lifted her chin with the crook of his index finger and she removed his sunglasses, staring into his eyes without reservation. “I love you.” She was becoming increasingly comfortable saying the words and he never tired of hearing them. He couldn’t look away from the rich blue of her eyes, probably couldn’t have moved if his life depended on it. He blinked to keep from drowning in her gaze and found himself staring at her lush mouth. Her lips parted expectantly. He groaned, accepting her invitation, kissing her lightly.
“Ororo,” he whispered. An ache, at least that’s the way it came out. An ache from the bottom of his black soul. He knew he was unworthy of her but he was too selfish to care. She was his, only his. She teased his mouth with her tongue and he shook with desire. He wanted her with every cell of his body, and so did the beast. Untamed. Wild. He wanted to bury himself deep inside her, mark her, claim her. No. He took a ragged breath. Not like that. No.
Sensing he was having some sort of inner struggle Ororo brushed the tips of her fingers against his lips, soothingly, lovingly. A muscle twitched in his jaw and his steel eyes turned molten mercury, a look she had never seen before.
“You’re a temptress, ‘Ro,” he growled, cupping her face, running his thumb along her delicate cheekbone. She was so strong and yet so utterly feminine. A worthy mate. Again the beast raised up, his blood pounding in his head.
She sensed his need for comfort, sliding closer, wrapping her arms around his waist, resting her damp head on his broad shoulder.
She was wreaking havoc on him. Unfamiliar emotions surged wildly through him, making his fist clench in her wet tresses.
Ororo delighted in the feel of his arms holding her, but she wanted more. She sensed a wildness in him, beckoning her, calling her truest self, but he repressed it quickly and she felt slightly bereft. Her lips drifted to his ear. He growled, standing, swinging her into his arms, ignoring the startled eyes of the other tourists as he carried her from the pool, up the walk, through the lobby and into the elevator.
Her breath was heated silk, her mouth hot satin as she kissed his neck. Her teeth nipped gently and he almost dropped her. All thought left his mind, replaced by mindless scorching hunger. Her teeth nibbled his collar bone, her fingers tangled in the dark hairs on his chest, tracing his defined muscles. Need spread through his body until he shook with it.
They made it to the bed only because he refused to take her up against an elevator wall, not that he wasn’t tempted to slam his hand on the emergency stop, but he had a feeling that they just may shake the foundations of the hotel. She lifted her head when her back hit the mattress, a smile curving her lips. Mysterious. Sexy. His.
Logan made a sound part groan part chuckle. His little innocent was seducing him, and doing a damn good job of it. He lowered himself over her, taking possession of her sweet mouth, his tongue exploring her full bottom lip, his teeth tugging, demanding. Ororo sighed sweetly, opening, allowing him access. He gave her long, drugging kisses that made her heart catch and body scream. He moved against her, letting her feel his desire, his hunger, his need. Lightning sizzled and danced overhead right in their room, and the roaring in his blood increased. She was nature, his perfect mate.
Ororo tilted her head, moaning his name, undulating her hips against his. Logan felt his vision turning red, the beast so close now, wanting to mark her. No. He fought it down. He wouldn’t take her like that. Not ‘Ro. Yes, ‘Ro! His inner animal screamed. Only ‘Ro!
He found her throat, soft and vulnerable, her heavy pulse beating under his silken lips. His teeth clamped against her firmly, but not breaking skin. She sighed in pleasure. Hands tore at her bathing suit, needing to feel her supple skin. Not fast enough! -SNIKT- Material floated to the floor in strips.
Ororo’s breath caught, realizing that something was about to be unleashed in him, something far beyond her control. She should be frightened, but she wasn’t, he excited her. He was everywhere, his body hard and demanding, his superior strength slightly intimidating. His eyes were feral and he grabbed her waist, dragging her to him, bending her back to feast on her breasts. She tangled her fingers in his rich hair, holding him to her, each flick of his raspy tongue sending moisture to her core.
He moved against her, hard and thick, still clad in his cargo shorts. He lifted his head and his eyes glinted, reflecting heat and…pain? Ororo leaned up against him, tasting him. She trailed her tongue over the beads of sweat glistening in his dark chest hair, moved lower, teasing his stomach muscles with her fingers, then following with the caress of her tongue on his ripped abdomen. She reached around him, grasping the muscle of his buttocks, pulling him even closer. His groan was guttural, torn from his throat. She continued her assault, tugging his waistband. Logan stood, dropping his shorts, completely unabashed by his body. And why would he feel insecure? Ororo thought with a wave of pleasure. He was perfection. Hard muscles, male essence and a feral quality that made him a full on assailment to her senses. She moved to the edge of the bed, tugging his hips, pulling him closer. Her tongue slid against his navel and he shuddered. She liked the effect she had on him. She let her breath tease the velvet head of his erection and his fingers tangled in her hair, bunching reflexively.
Ororo took his heavy heat in her hands, stroking him, cupping him. His hips bucked of their own accord. Her tongue flicked the head. “Ya don’t have ta ‘Ro,” he said, barely able to get the words out.
She glanced up, a heated look beneath lush lashes. “I want to.” Hot moist heat enclosed around him.
Logan threw back his head, his hands tightening in her thick silk. His breath panted between clenched teeth. Never had he felt such intense pleasure.
Ororo kissed, stroked touched and licked, fascinated by him. He was hot and hard and heavy, but surprisingly soft to touch, like steel wrapped in silk. He braced his feet apart, urging her on with his grunts and groans. She swirled her tongue along the ridge in her mouth and Logan jerked. “Fuck,” the breath left his body in a rush. “Ya just might kill me.” Her tongue swirled again, and his hips rocked, a rhythm he suddenly had no control over. She was going to make him come, and he didn’t want that. Wanted to be buried in her, holding her as he found release. Calling on a will he didn’t know he had, he caught her under the arms, tossing her backwards onto the bed.
He covered her instantly, felt her moist heat, enticing him. He bent to her throat, nuzzling and nipping. He moved away from her slightly, then surged forward in one powerful stroke. Filling her, making her whole. She cried out with the pleasure of it, clutching his shoulders. She bit his neck.
“Aw, fuck, ‘Ro.” His voice was a haunted growl, low and deep. His lips curled back, revealing his longer canines. His tongue lapped her neck and she felt him tense. Again an inner struggle seemed to be going on and she had no idea how to help him.
She cupped his face, forcing him to look at her. His eyes were faintly reflective, like a wild animal and she knew then what his struggle was. He had been so gentle and loving with her, forcing himself to move slow, for her, so he wouldn’t hurt her, or remind her of anything bad. She wanted to cry with the love she felt over his actions. But didn’t he know? Didn’t he understand that she didn’t fear the violence and aggression she knew lingered just beneath his surface? It was a part of him, a beautiful part, that held her enthralled and called to her deepest core. She would show him that the fire that raged in him also raged in her. She gave him a slow smile, then very deliberately lifted one leg around his hips, locking him to her as she arched up and clamped her teeth to his chest.
His body jerked, but her leg kept him locked. The roaring need in his body suddenly engulfed him and his body took hers with aggression, domination, his teeth finding the soft skin of her throat, canine’s piercing, tasting the addicting coppery essence of her blood, his mouth moving with frenzied hunger and he fed on her and loved her. He became insatiable, taking her harder and faster. Her body convulsed in pleasure, but still he didn’t stop. It wasn’t enough, he would never get enough. He plunged deeper, his low grunts and rumbles rasping in her ear. Ororo placed her hands over her head, palms upside down against the wall, bracing herself as he thrust in and out of her, forcefully moving the mattress. He was beautiful in his lust. Savage and animalistic, but beautiful to her all the same. This was her Logan, the one no one else could have and her heart sang.
She turned her head, finding his mouth with hers, their tongues battling. She caught his lower lip, tugging, nipping. He rested his forehead on her shoulder, his body driving into hers. She cradled his head, her frantic cries increasing. The earth rocked.
He gripped her hips, his strong fingers firm , nearly bruising, holding her steady as the pleasure mounted in them. Once again he felt her inner walls tighten around him as she found release, screaming his name as electricity danced along the walls and thunder crashed, echoing through the city. They exploded together, a moment he would never forget. White hot heat momentarily blinding him.
When the shudders subsided he laid his head beside hers, closing his eyes, hiding the moisture there from her. He held her tightly, never wanting to let her go.
Ororo ran her hands across his shoulders, stroking, soothing. She was always soothing him, he thought. Always having to sooth the beast. His lip curled. He had taken her like a fucking animal. His precious ‘Ro, like an animal. He was disgusted with himself, but not with the act. How could he get such pleasure from taking her like that? He was a monster.
She lay quietly beneath him. He was heavy, but was supporting most of his own weight. He went very still, except his breathing which was harsh. Fighting his inner demons again.
“Logan?” she kissed his shoulder. “Stop beating yourself up over who you are.”
He glanced up at her, a bit surprised that she had known his inner turmoil. “You mean what I am.” he snarled.
She grabbed his stubborn jaw, forcing his eyes to hers. “What you are is the man I love.”
His arms tightened, nearly suffocating her, but she made no complaint. “I’m dangerous, ‘Ro. More dangerous than ya know. I’ve killed so many. Taken so much life. I’m known as the soulless killer. An animal without mercy.“ He cradled her head in his large palms. “I can’t even remember most of my life and what I do remember ain’t pretty. I think maybe the pieces of my soul were destroyed a long time ago. If I was a man, any kinda man at all, I’d let ya go, leave ya to lead a happy life.” Even as he said the words his gut clenched at the thought of being without her.
Her hands stroked his sweat dampened hair away from his forehead. “You have been through so much, and you may feel empty, but I’ve seen into your heart, Logan and I see the man you are. But you are only ever going to be half a man if you don’t accept everything about yourself. You are wild, untamed, a part of nature. Can’t you feel the answering call in me?”
He pulled her closer still, not letting her go. His body was still buried in hers and he felt himself stirring, his hips moving once again, insistently. He centered his attention on the feeling of gliding in and out of her body, slowly, savoring each motion. She opened her mouth to speak again and he silenced her with his tongue, kissing her passionately. “Later, ‘Ro.”


Bellagio Lobby
Much Later


“Are you sure I look okay?”
Kitty gave an humorous exasperated sigh. “For the hundredth time, yes, sweetie, you look fine.”
Kurt stood in front of her, looking perfectly normal, an X-man image inducer hiding his fuzzy appearance beneath an interactive hologram, much like the ones used in the danger room. “Although,” she said, grabbing his hand. “I prefer the fuzzy elf.” She leaned up, kissing his cheek.
“Ja?” Kurt smiled.
Kitty leaned her head on him. “Mmhm.”
“Careful guys, my shoes are sticking to the floor with all that oozing sweetness.” Alison said giving the younger couple a wry look. She turned to Storm. “What’re they doing again?”
“Getting tickets to some UFC fight.” Ororo said. She was leaning against the concierge counter, fiddling with the black band she wore around her wrist, waiting with Ali for Gambit and Wolverine to return from their errand.
“Oh, yeah.” Ali gave her a searching look. “So, you and the lone warrior, huh?”
Storm couldn’t contain her smile. “Yes.”
Alison was quiet again. “Uh, hey, Storm. About the other night--”
Storm placed her hand on her friend’s shoulder. “Ali, don’t. It wasn’t your fault.”
Ali hadn’t bought the drunk and stumbled excuse any more than Gambit had, and had questioned Ororo relentlessly on the plane ride. After it became clear Ali wasn’t going to drop it, Storm had filled her in on everything from Shinobi and Emma to Wolverine’s timely rescue. It was the first time Storm had ever seen Alison cry.
“I love ya, girl,” Ali said now, hugging Storm. They stood that way for a long moment, friendship morphing into sisterhood.
Wiping her eyes Ororo looked over at Kitty and Kurt. “What are you two doing tonight?”
Kitty clapped excitedly. “We’re going to Circus Circus.”
Ororo gave Kurt a questioning look. He hated the circus, said it reminded him too much of the time he spent there, being gawked at and feared. His yellow eyes were on Kitty and Storm knew he was going only to make the younger girl happy. She ruffled his hair. “Sounds fun. Behave.”
Kurt gave her a devilish grin, that would have been unbearably charming as the elf, but was still adorable.
Kitty laughed. “Yeah, right.”
“Ok, don’t get arrested,” Ororo amended.
“Deal.” Kitty took Kurt’s arm and the two of them were off. “See you in the morning!”
Alison and Storm moved to the center of the room, to the furnished waiting area, each plopping down onto the overstuffed beige cushions. Simultaneously they propped their booted feet on the glass coffee table.
“I like your hair like that,” Storm said.
Alison touched her dark strands with ring laden fingers. Instead of the familiar spikes, her hair bounced in multiple layers, still wild, but not gelled. “Yeah, Yummy likes to run his hands through my hair.”
A smile played with Ororo’s full lips. “Uh-huh.”
“Hey, I’m not cock whipped or anything,” Ali defended.
Ororo shook her head. “I wouldn’t think that possible.” A startling visual entered her mind and Storm burst out laughing.
Ali gave her a disgruntled look. “Oh, now that’s just wrong.”
Ororo continued to laugh and Ali swatted her with one of the tacky throw pillows from the couch.
“Der dey are.” They turned, watching over the back of the couch as Gambit and Logan sauntered across the lobby.
Ororo felt a familiar warmth at the sight of Logan, He was wearing his trademark black body hugging sleeveless tee, bulky muscular arms revealed for her viewing pleasure, dark jeans and cowboy hat. Goddess she loved that hat. He grinned when he saw her staring at him, a flash of white on his shadowed face, a purely sexual smile that pooled heat low in her abdomen. Damn, the man even had a dimple, she noticed faintly disgruntled by how easy it was for him to melt her insides.
“Hey there, darlin’.” He slid one arm around her waist, pulling her from the cushion. She smiled, kissing his stubbled chin, giving it a gentle suck as she did. He rumbled at her, inflamed by her faintest touch.
“Don’ know if I can ‘andle you wit da Wolverine, chere,” Gambit teased. He stood behind Alison’s shoulders, bending to rub his nose against her cheek. “Petite bella,” he whispered in her ear and Ali felt the shivers to her toes.
“Deal with it, Gumbo,” Wolverine growled, but there was a distinctive glint of humor in his steely eyes. Apparently the two of them had buried whatever hatchet needed to be buried and Ororo was pleased. Beyond pleased. She looked at the people before her with the startling realization that they were no longer just members of a team. They were all so much more than that. Her brother, Gambit, her best friend, Ali, her soul mate, Logan and two innocents that she would die to protect making their way to Circus Circus Her family.
“Ready ta get going” Wolverine asked.
Storm nodded. “Did you rent a car?’
He grinned. “Two of ‘em.”
“Two?”
Gambit chuckled, walking past her. “Vroom vroom, chere.”
“No. Absolutely no racing.” She said, but her blood stirred at the idea.
Gambit gave a mock shocked gasp. “Who are you and what ‘ave you done wit’ my Stormy?”
Ali stepped forward grinning. She gave Storm a wink. “Boys versus girls. Losers picks up tonight’s tab.” She challenged.
Logan was smirking at her. “Darlin’?”
Storm eyes twinkled. “Prepare to buy some expensive drinks, Wolverine.”

Goddamn, the girl could drive! Wolverine watched with a mixture of fear and admiration as Storm swerved her low Mitsubishi sports car under the belly of a roaring semi, coming out the other side, passing them. He heard her laughter on the wind.
They were racing along a long stretch of desert highway, deciding to head out of the city before heading back to the fight. First one to the MGM Grand won. Wolverine swerved around another truck whose horn was blaring, pressing the brand new Mustang’s gas pedal to the floor, burying the speedometer.
Gambit braced his feet on the dash saying, “You ain’t gonna catch ‘er, homme. When it comes t’ carjackin’ and racin’ der’s no one better den Stormy.”
Wolverine slid him a sidelong glance. “Carjackin’?”
“Oui. Stormy be a t’ief.”
“I knew that, Gumbo. I just didn’t know what she stole.”
Gambit shrugged. “Whatever she could t’ put food in our bellies.”
Wolverine swerved again, passing a sleek black Porsche easily.
“Now dat’s a shame. If dey gonna own da car, dey should learn t’ drive it, non.”
Wolverine said nothing for a minute. He appeared to be concentrating on his driving. The red taillights of the Mitsubishi came into view and he gave a wicked grin. “Hold on, Cajun.” Wolverine maneuvered the car alongside of Storm’s.
“Goin’ our way?” Gambit called through the open windows.
Ali blew him a kiss. “Maybe!”
“Only if you can keep up,” Storm laughed. They were quickly approaching a narrow corner and she flashed Wolverine a devil may care smile.
“We ain’t both gonna fit, darlin’.” he warned over the roar of the engines.
“Then slow down,” she laughed back. Wolverine shook his head. “Have it your way.” With that Ororo slammed the brakes, making a quick jerk on the wheel and manipulating the car to the opposite side of the Mustang, her driver’s side tires elevated against the rock canyon. She gunned it, the car climbing the side, hugging the wall, flying around the corner in a stunt that one would have thought impossible.
“Christ.”
“Toldya.”

MGM Grand

Storm was leaning against the driver door, long dark denim clad legs crossed in front of her, hands resting on the open window casing. “What kept you?” She asked mildly as Wolverine and Gambit pulled into the space beside her.
Wolverine shook his head. She was amazing. She was looking at him, her head cocked, an impish smile on her face. He exited the Mustang, tossing the keys to Gambit. “I’ll be ridin’ with her,” he said.
Ororo laughed. “What can I say, I’m the best there is at what I do.”
Logan’s head lifted. “Hnh.”
“Okay, folks, we ready to rumble?” Ali asked from her seat on the top of the car. She tapped one black booted foot impatiently, apparently eager to get inside.
Gambit approached her, swinging her down into his arms. “You’re a bloodthirsty little t’ing, non?”
“Sometimes.” She grinned cheekily. “Complaining?”
“Not at all, chere.” He grinned back and Ali was lost. The man was walking charm, charisma personified and she was helpless against it.
They were making their way across the parking lot when Alison said, “If this is half as good as the throw down Storm gave Princess Grey I can’t wait.”
Wolverine stopped walking, raising one black eyebrow. “Throw down?”
“Ali,” Storm said, but was ignored. Gambit chuckled.
Ali grinned. “Oh yeah, it was awesome! Thunder booming, fists a flying. I think my favorite moment was the roundhouse to Cyclops’s head. I mean seeing Jean begging and eating dirt was nice, but Cyke on his ass, blind and bumbling was sweet too.”
Wolverine was staring at her and Storm flushed. “Ali…” she warned again, only to be ignored again.
“Then there was the wall of wind!” Ali waved her arms and made a whooshing sound. “And Bobby in the pool. Man, it was WCW material in our front lawn. Personally I think Jean got off light, but ah well. At least I had front row seating.” She nudged Wolverine. “Too bad ya missed it.”
“Yeah, too bad.” His dark gaze was unrelenting and Storm had to meet it.
“Oh, all right. I got a little miffed.” She rolled her eyes. “The girl’s still walking isn’t she?” She was surprised when Logan pulled her into his arms, kissing her deeply despite Gambit’s exaggerated groan.
“Thank ya, darlin’.”
“For what? Kicking the snot out of Jean? My pleasure.”
“No. fer loving me enough ta fight fer me.” He whispered it in her ear and she hugged him.
“I’ll always fight for you,” she whispered back.
Ali sighed. “I wanna see blood, peeps.”
Storm gave her a threatening smile. “How badly do you want to see blood spilt?”
Ali laughed, racing across the lot, Storm chasing her.
“Der a ‘andful, non?”
Wolverine chuckled. “So are we.”
Gambit grinned.





You must login () to review.