Xavier Institute
3 months after Madripoor


Soft pink an white petals floated on the breeze, filling the air with the fragrance of orchids and lilies. The trees rustled gently in the wind, the light chatter of branches filling the silent air. From where he stood atop a grassy knoll, staring across the short breadth of silk aisle, that felt more like miles, Logan felt his chest tighten and his vision blur at the sight walking towards him. So caught up in her, he had to remind himself to breathe.
Ororo smiled with undiluted love as she approached slowly, the soft sound of music beginning to play in the background. Several eyes turned towards her as she approached, her hand clasped tightly to the man rolling beside her in his wheelchair. Her long hair hung in loose waves down her back, crowned with a wreathe of flowers, primarily orchids and pink lilies, matching the bouquet clutched in her free hand. He long white dress flowed behind her in ripples of soft silk, the gown hand picked by her and Jean over two years ago, but modified by Ororo for this day. Slender straps fell loosely about her shoulders, caressing her upper arms with each step she took. It was a gown fit for a goddess of Earth, simple and breathtaking. The only elaboration was done on the bodice of the gown, which was embroidered with delicate silver vines and leaves, the stitches done by Ororo herself.
Now, walking towards the man who held her heart, Ororo’s normally steady hands trembled and her full bottom lip quivered with emotion. They had fought so hard, so long to get here and finally--finally, here they were. Logan looked unbearably handsome in his tailored black tux, a solitary lily pinned to his lapel, his dark hair, always unruly, seemed slightly tamer than usual, but still had a definite ‘wild’ look about it, and she’s have it no other way. He turned towards her as she drew nearer to him and she delighted in the rippling of muscle beneath his jacket. Logan was the embodiment of all that was virile and primal in nature. If she was the nurturer, then he was the protector.
Ororo’s eyes wandered to Jean, her Matron of Honor, slightly swollen now with child and she gave her a tremulous smile. Jean of course was already crying, but the grin that lit her face was beautiful and the support and love in her eyes made Ororo thankful for her in her life. Shifting her blue eyes her smile broadened at the sight of Logan’s best man. Gambit gave her a wicked grin. Over the past several months Gambit and Logan had bonded, their mutual grieving for Ororo tying them together in a strong bond of friendship.
The flower covered arch was near, now. Kurt donned in his finest robes, presiding over the ceremony. Ororo turned her warm gaze to Logan, who was staring at her with a mixture of intense love, and animal lust. Ororo would never tire of that look, loving the way his dark eyes glittered at her, their steel gray heating to smoldering black. They had reached the altar, and Charles kissed her hand.
*You are beautiful…Daughter.*
*Thank you, Father.*
Logan felt his heartbeat accelerate as Charles handed Ororo’s hand over into his. He gave her slender fingers a gentle squeeze, and she returned it. Looking at her now, her beauty beyond compare, only outshone by the purity of her soul, Logan knew happiness like he had never dreamed possible. No one had touched him the way Ororo had, so completely consuming his senses and filling his heart and soul. She was his everything.
Ororo turned, handing Jean her bouquet, receiving a tender smile from her friend. She turned back to Logan and her breath caught at the powerful love she saw reflected in his eyes. She mouthed the words: I love you, causing him to rumble gently in his chest.
“Dearly beloved…” Kurt began, his slightly accented voice carrying over the group of X-men, family and friends that were there to witness the union of the mighty Wolverine and the Storm that had claimed his heart.
Kurt was speaking, but the only sound either Logan or Ororo heard was the pounding of each other’s heart. Their gazes locked, hands clasped fast, their souls bared for the other to see. Looking at them was like looking at love personified, so enraptured with each other, so oblivious to everything but their love.
“Ororo and Logan have written their own vows, and I would ask that they share them now.” Kurt looked at Logan expectantly.
Logan took a ragged breath, staring deep into Ororo’s cerulean on sapphire eyes, his voice husky as he spoke. “The first thing I ever noticed about ya, was yer eyes. They captivated me, and held me. Yer eyes are such beautiful blue sometimes I can't look away, and when ya look at me like ya are right now, I tell ya, it’s hard ta breathe.” He took another breath, his chin dimpled with emotion. “Ye’ve done the impossible, darlin’. Ya’ve washed all my wounds for me, cleaning the darkness from my veins, freeing my heart. We’ve been through so much, ‘Ro, ta get where we are today, and I need ya ta know that never again will we be apart. No bonds can hold me from yer side, I will spend forever with you.” his voice cracked. “ I couldn’t love you, anymore than I do, it‘d be impossible. You are my heart, my soul, the very reason I breathe. Ya know you're all that I live for and I'd die just to hold you, take care of you, call you mine. I love you now, I will love you forever. Always.”
Ororo blinked, her voice heavy and tight with love as she began. “These softly spoken words that you have given me will remain locked in my heart. There are so many sweet words that I want to give you, to tell you how much you mean to me, to tell you how proud I am to be standing here beside you today.” Ororo paused, her lip quivering and Logan gave her a tender smile, his gray eyes misty. “When we are together, I feel perfect, and when I was forced away from you, I nearly fell apart. It was you and our love that gave me strength, that pulled me through, that lead me home.” He squeezed her trembling fingers and she smiled with infinite love. “You are such a proud and honorable man, Logan, and I pray that I am worthy of such a gift that is your love. You are my night sky, full of infinite potential, and mysterious depths. I have always been right behind you, Logan, and now I will always be right beside you, as your wife.” A single tear slid down her supple cheek. “I will honor our vows, and protect your heart all the days of my life and beyond.”
“The rings, please.” Kurt waited for the Gambit to hand Logan the rings. “The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is a seal of the vows James Howlett and Ororo Munroe have made to one another. Bless O God these rings, that Ororo and Logan who give them, and who wear them, may ever abide in thy peace. Living together in unity, love and happiness for the rest of their lives.”
Logan slid the intricate gold band along Ororo’s finger, resting just outside her engagement ring, which she refused to remove. “Ororo, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, your Bright Lady and Beloved Goddess, with this ring, I thee wed.”
Ororo took Logan’s hand, sliding the matching band along his finger. “Logan, my love, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. In the name of your Father, and his Son, and of the Holy Spirit, by my Bright Lady and Beloved Goddess, with this ring, I thee wed.”
Kurt cleared his throat, his own eyes clouding up with emotion. “In as much as you have each pledged to the other your lifelong commitment, love and devotion, I now pronounce you husband and wife, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder. Logan, you may kiss your bride!”
Several cheers went up as Logan swept Ororo into his arms, his lips descending on hers with slow tenderness. Thunder boomed in the clear sky and several guests jumped, but Ororo and Logan simply held each other, their mouths grazing and kissing lovingly.
“I meriwet ek djet, hi. Djet.” Ororo murmured against Logan’s mouth.
“I meritwet ek, ib-i.” He replied, hungrily devouring her lips.
A round of applause separated them, both flushed and breathing heavy. Jubilee released a stream of plasma fireworks into the air and Kitty tossed flower petals into the air as Logan and Ororo made their way towards the mansion.
Once inside the reception began without preamble, the need to celebrate felt by all who basked in the warm glow of Ororo and Logan’s love.
Logan took Ororo into his strong arms as the first dance of the rest of their lives began. They moved together around the room, lost in each other’s eyes, his hand sliding up the open expanse of her back, caressing the velvet smoothness of her skin. Ororo leaned into him, whispering in his ear.
Logan jerked back, gave her a puzzled look, then with a grin the devil would envy, interlaced their fingers, tugging her from the room, racing across the open field towards the lake.
“Where’re they going? They’re missing their own dang reception.” Jubilee grumbled.
“Non, chere. Dey not missin’ a t’ing.” Gambit chuckled as he slung one arm around her shoulders, leading her back into the dining hall.


The grass felt cool against her bare skin, Ororo noted as Logan lowered her slowly to the ground, beneath the large willow tree beside the lake. They had undressed frantically, but once naked they had slowed, savoring each other. Caressing softly, whispering words of love, kissing slowly, lingering over each others lips, tongues teasing and tasting.
The breeze ruffled his ebony hair, and she reached out to touch him. He was propped on one arm, leaning over her, trailing his firm fingers lightly over her bare stomach, eliciting sounds from her that varied between laugh and moan.
“Love ya, ‘Ro,” he whispered, lowering his mouth to the valley of her breasts. Ororo arched against him, fingers clutching his dark locks. He trailed sweet kisses along the line of her stomach, moving down her body until she felt his hot breath on her center. Logan stroked her thighs until she trembled. Then he probed higher, seeking the moist heat he knew he would find waiting for him.
Only for him.
He found it. His tongue lapping gently.
“Logan!” Ororo shuddered.
He smiled against her sensitive skin, clasping his hands underneath her firm rump, holding her to him as he drank deeply, loving her with his lips and teeth and tongue. His groan turned into a growl as she convulsed against his mouth, her own lips parted in a silent cry of release. The clouds swirled overhead, the wind picking up, as she bucked against his relentless onslaught. He eased himself away from her watching her face as she came, loving how captivating she was in her splendor. She opened heavy lidded sapphire eyes, her lips parted as her breath panted out of her in short spurts.
Logan crawled up over her body, staring deep into her eyes, nudging her legs farther apart with his knee, sinking into her wetness with a guttural groan. He claimed her mouth again, thrusting his tongue in and out, in sync with the movement of his hips.
Ororo raised her legs, wrapping them around his rigid back, locking her ankles. His kisses were hungry and demanding, suckling her lower lip, his tongue teasing the seam as he leaned away from her, then thrust to the hilt. He tasted of champagne and cigars and the spicy remnants of her own sex.
She captured his face with her palms, holding him steady as she stared into his soul. “I love you, husband.”
Logan’s throat tightened and he kissed her with all the gentle love his heart possessed, bringing her to tears. “I love you, wife.” He whispered into her ear, his hot breath giving her Goosebumps. He tickled the sworls with his tongue, capturing the lobe between his canines, tugging lightly.
Ororo moaned, lifting her hips and turning her head to give him better access. Logan breathed in her earthy scent, burying his face against the shallow groove between her neck and shoulder. She bore a faint crescent scar from his claim, and surprisingly it hadn’t faded to oblivion as her other scars did. She had told him it was because she was meant for him and no other. He agreed wholeheartedly.
“Ohhh, Logan…” Ororo breathed as her rotated his hips in the way he knew she liked so well. A deep rumbled echoed in his chest and throat, loving the way she responded to him, the way she was so unashamed to give herself completely to him.
“Mine,” he growled huskily.
“Yes,” she said.
“Mine.” He drove forward harder now, his strokes deep and demanding, but still exquisitely slow. Logan kissed her nose, her eyelids, her lips, mouthing meaningless words and sounds against her damp skin.
Ororo opened her eyes, flashing white as a gust of wind flipped them over, still joined, but with her straddling him. She leaned against him, her nipples teasing the crisp hair of his chest, making him groan. “Mine,” she said, moving on him. She lifted herself, palms on his chest, then slid slowly back down. She repeated the process several times, then taking a note from his book she rotated her hips, while grinding down. Logan threw his head back, eyes closed and roared.
“Mine.” She rotated again, this time reaching behind her to cup and fondle him as she did.
“Fuck, yes!” He growled, his hands reflexively gripping her hips as she moved.
Ororo increased her pace, adjusting the rhythm by the sounds he made. She leaned up, her silver and snow hair falling around them like a curtain, kissing him, teasing his lips then pulling away, smiling at his grumbles.
Logan grinned up at her, sinking his hands into the thick silk of her hair, pulling her down to claim her mouth in a savage kiss, rolling so once again he was on top, moving within her.
“’Ro, come with me,” he said. He surged forward, linking their hands on either side of her head. Ororo whimpered as he surged with deep, powerful strokes, taking his time, filling her. Completely.
“Logan, oh, oh, Ahhhhh!!!” Ororo came apart in his arms, lightening slamming into the ground scant inches from them, but he wasn’t worried, his beautiful wife would keep them safe.
Within seconds Logan followed suit, his body convulsing as he spilled his seed deep into her womb with a roar.

Logan cradled Ororo’s head on his shoulder, kissing her hair softly. He was leaning against the bark of one of the willow tree’s upturned roots and she was seated in front of him, her head lulled back, asleep.
“I think that’s when I knew I loved you,” he whispered into her ear. He’d been speaking to her quietly even though he knew she was fast asleep. Ororo shifted in his arms, snuggling closer, sniffing him. He smiled.
She was his wife now, he thought amazed. Not his first, but he knew she would be the last. The only love of his life. His friend, his lover, his mate. The missing piece of his soul lay in his arms in naked splendor, her heavenly features softened in a look of love, even in sleep. Logan felt full to bursting, and he pressed his cheek to the top of her head, nuzzling her soft hair. “I love ya, Mrs. Howlett. Forever.”





You must login () to review.