Logan’s Has a Say


So, ‘Ro was keeping this journal, but since the kid was born she hasn’t had much time t’ keep writing. She said I should give it a try. So if i write about anything, it’ll be about the kid! That’s where she left off. You better believe I read that other shit! Who knew ‘Ro had some of that shit in her? Coy, my ass, she’s a Minx. Anyway, I’m a daddy. Me, the Wolverine. Damn, I’ve gone soft and that kid has got me wrapped around her little finger.

My daughter, our daughter… it feels good to be able to say that. The kid is my pride and joy but she’s a handful. If ever there was a pain in the ass it would be her but that she gets from me. That’s the best part of her…well, it ain’t the only part I like but ya know what I mean.

There ain’t words to truly show ya what I mean but if ‘Ro can do this journal thing than so can I… I guess. When she was a baby, she’d wiggle her lil’ ass outta that baby chair thing. Y’ know the one I mean, the one with the bar on it so y’ can carry the lil’ crumb snatchers around. Look away for a minute and she’d be laying on the floor face up and arms and legs flarin’. She’s a fighter.

For the record, there ain’t a play pen or cage for that matter that can hold the kid. She climbed out of everything! ‘Ro and I, we’d place her in the crib, in a separate part of the attic. Actually her crib was away from our bed, just in case she ever woke up while me and ‘Ro were gettin’ it on, but did that stop her? Hell Naw! One night after ‘Ro and I…well…I heard the kid. She’s pretty quiet for a 2 year old, but she ain’t that quiet. I got up and put on my shorts, I didn’t wanna scare the kid with Captain Lively down there, and I peeked around the corner.

Watchin’ a sleepy kid rub their lil’ eyes is a cute thing but, that look she had after was, well she ain’t get that from me! She raised that little dark eyebrow of hers, but not like ‘Ro, or maybe it was just like her. It’s that shifty, mischievous, ‘i’m about t’ do somethin’ ya won’t catch me look’, in other words, the Remy LeBeau look! ‘Ro got it too, she just saves it mostly for me. But that ain’t the point. She’s been pickin’ up shit from Gumbo. I watched her though. She swung one leg over the bar and then the other. Half of her was hanging in the crib and the other half tryin’ t’ find somethin’ t’ land on. If I thought the kid was in danger I would have ran over there faster than lightin’ but I figured it won’t hurt the kid t’ get knocked around a bit, she’ll learn better that way ‘cause she’s my baby.

There she was hoverin’, I had t’ laugh. I think for once the kid was stuck. Then she did the weirdest shit I eva seen a baby do. She climbed back in, threw her pillow over the edge and then she climbed back over. Instead of strugglin’ again, she let herself go. What kinda shit is that? Kids are just a bit too smart nowadays. She landed with on her ass, I guess that’s fine, she has a well-padded diaper. Lucky for us it was a crap-free diaper or I’d be cleanin’ it!

I stood there watchin’ her. Should I have been mad? Maybe. What was I feelin’? Proud. That’s me, proud papa bear! Hell, I could take her callin’ me that instead of what she heard on that damn cartoon! Watchin’ Animaniacs with Jubes she learned a lot and I‘m not sure how much of it good. All I know is she started callin’ me Dadu and her ma she calls Lady.

There she was on her ass, triumphant as ever. I stood therewith my arms folded just waitin’ to she what she does next. She got up and faced me.

“Dadu,” she said running towards me in her two-year old body. She looked more like a teeterin’ duck, but was cute teeterin’ duck.

“Uh, huh. You’re busted duckie. You should be asleep.” I said picking her up.

“No sleep”

“Yes sleep, now”

“Noooooooo sleep.”

“Don’t wake your ma.”

She looked at me with those big blue eyes. Two-years old and she already have me wrapped around her finger, ain’t that some shit?

“No sleep”

“How ‘bout you sleep with me and mommy?”

“K.”

Uh huh. Of course she’d agree to that! Why wouldn’t she? I wish I could remember what it was like t’ be close to my parents, but I do just find with my new memories. So she slept with us that night. All I know is that I woke up with a kidlet blanket.

But here ain’t no memory I could ever regain that would out do the one when she was 4.

With so many eyes in the mansion, you’d think she wouldn’t be able to escape from anything, but the playpen that Hank built her didn’t contain her either. Maybe she’s a mutant after all and that her power. Anyway, one day after the night of a dinner party, Charles asked me to dismantle an ice sculpture. “A chance to do some slicin’ and dicin’? hell yeah!” Well, I took it outside to the front yard. Hey, when it melted it would save ‘Ro some time on watering the lawn. Well, Duckie found herself perched on the window sill and watchin’ me. She waved when I noticed her and flashed that ‘I see you’ look. She was curious. I popped the claws and went at it without thinkin’ nothin’ of it. No preparation could have helped my ears for what came next.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…” That kid can hold a damn note at high pitch.

I ran in to see what was wrong with her, but the closer I got the more she screamed. I had to grab my damn ears. ‘Ro came through the front doors with Jean and Jubilee and dropped her packages instantly. On sight, the kid ran to her and clenched her legs in a death grip. Talk about a look of surprise on ‘Ro’s face! I could hear her heavy sobs and dry heaves as she soaked my wife’s long, smooth… Not the point. What the hell was wrong with the kid?

I watched ‘Ro’s face go from surprise to panic. She bent down to the kidlet’s level and she started to talk to her. I think ‘Ro is the only one that calls the kid by her name.

“Simone Alexis Logan, what is wrong with you child?”

“Da…da…daddy…”

‘Ro looked at me. “What? What’d I do? I didn’t do shit.”

“Logan, watch your language. Simone, please calm down and tell me what happened.”

“Yeah, duckie, tell us what happened.” I shouldn’t have tried to get too close to her.

No. Go ‘way,” she managed to say through wrenched sobs.

“Logan, what did you do?”

“Damned if I know darlin’”

She turned her attention back to the kid, hell I’m not good at shit like that.

“Sweetie, please tell mommy”

“Da…da…daddy…KILLED uncle Bobby. He… little pieces… outside.” She began to cry into the hollow of her neck. I swear she tried to bite me any time I went near her or her mommy.

Well, they were all still confused, so Jean did a mind scan and sent it to ‘Ro and Jubes.

On the moment of impact Jubilee hit the floor laughing like a goddamn hyena.

“Wolvie…HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…killed Drake…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…”

“Not funny, Ju’lee,” Simone furrowed her brows disapprovingly at Jubilee.

Jean on the other hand tried not to laugh for so long that she began to tear. She excused herself with the reason of going to find Bobby. It didn’t take her too long to crack. I could hear her.

“Baby, I promise I didn’t kil…”

“Noooo… leave me ‘lone!” she yelled in my face and threw her little hands in that classic ‘hear no evil’ gesture.

“I am sure Daddy did not kill Robert.” Why was ‘Ro looking at me with that evil eye-thing?

She wouldn’t listen to ‘Ro either. She had to see for herself. So she broke away from ‘Ro and ran as fast as her legs could carry her to ice cube’s room. She didn’t have to go to far, he was on his way down the stairs.

“Uncle Bobbbbbbyyyyyyyy!” I ‘ve never ever seen a kid jump like that. She really thought I really killed ice chip.

“Hey S.A.L what’s new?”

Bobby had the kid as a shadow for a week. She didn’t forgive me until then either. I didn’t know whether or not she would. But that morning I woke up with a human blanket, half ‘Ro and half kid.

Yup, life is good!





You must login () to review.